Closed Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

The fixes just don't work. They really don't. Any other fixes? Phone line chucking us out on 3rd code when I have inputted the same code on another comnputer and it worked! and the certificate fix doesn't work either

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Miles/Neil, I put in the code but it just says unable to connect to the internet. What do I do? cus im getting bored and impatient now, please help

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Can you try now. Seems Uniloc cant see any 703 errors in their logs so I'd like you to try again please.
    Just un-installed Steam and installed Uniloc and still getting the same [-703] error. Now what?

Amateur

The patch should be a .exe which means it should open with a swift double click.
    Well..... it's not! Not on mine anyway. Any suggestions? It's just called FM2009_v9.1.0_Patch[2]

Have I downloaded the wrong thing?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by geordieliam83 View Post
    Hi Marc,

Firstly, thank you for replying, im genuinely impressed (altho i;d rather my game was working! haha).

I have tried not going the steam route but as i probably poorly explained before, when i go to launch it (at this point everything seems fine), it comes up with an error message that 'fm.exe has encoutered a problem and must close' (im paraphrasing to be fair). i read the suggested FIX on here earlier but when i go to download the thing from the microsoft link you have posted before, it won't let me install it on my machine.

i am surprised that no one yet has said that nothing happens upon launch in steam tho.

'Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en'

that is the thing i tried but have failed to get working.

any other suggestions?

do you think its likely that the game will be re-released with all the info just packed onto a cd/dvd as in previous times?

Thanks again

Liam
    Same problem as me. I try to launch through steam but it does exactly as yours does. I've downloaded that microsoft .NET thing and it still don't work! I'm not sleeping until i sort this out!!

Amateur

Where is Miles and Neil?

Amateur

I don't know if anyone brought this up before, but here goes.

The game flows real nice until I get to the matchstage of the game, so when it's preparing for the game it just freezes and I get a failmessage or something, it says that something si wrong and a log has beed created in Crash Dumps.

I am playing in windowed mode.

Something worth mentioning is that I have the exactly amount of RAM as the system requirements (512 Mb), is that a problem?
    -----------------

I think i got everything there, I play it in swedish so i can't give you the exact failmessage, but i hope someone can help me to sort this out.... I wanna play

Amateur

Anybody have any news of the flat looking players on the 3D view? I can play in 2D but when the box has 3D Match View on it I would like to see 3D. Away to watch David Haye on tv now.

Default Re: End of an Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1992 View Post
    HELLO still waiting for help the game still keeps freezing followed the advice no joy. Does anyone have an answer? Yes or No.
    Scott - please start a seperate thread in the technical support area of the forum - they will ask you lots of questions in there about your hardware set up to try and get you up and running. Running in windowed mode certainly seems to have fixed it for most people so far, even those with well below minimum spec machines.

Amateur

miles, have you got any further on the progress with finding out why we still cant activate the game on the softanchor screen yet? we went through most of it with marc but the link he gave us just keeps asking for a username and password. HELP!!!!!!!

Amateur

Do you want us to start up a new one for the constant issue of not connecting when authing?

Amateur

I'm trying to get this activated via the phone. It is asking for a 16 digit activation code!

What is this? I guessed it was the code on the back of the FM2009 manual but that is more than 16 digits.

Any help?

Amateur

*agrees with jaygo*

Amateur

same problem as villalad. soon as there's a real fix let us know.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ipswichjon2 View Post
    Earlier on I posted a similar issue - I've got it running in windowed mode and okay for two weeks game time no freezes - to get windowed mode

1 - right click FM2009 exe start up icon and then properties
    2 - in the target field add a space and "-windowed -small_screen"
    3 - click apply/ok

thanks to the guy on the PC/Mac discussion section who posted this
    Cheers dude you rule that has worked. Just waiting for the next problem now lol.

Scott.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1992 View Post
    Cheers dude you rule that has worked. Just waiting for the next problem now lol.

Scott.
    No problem mate

Amateur

Can you give me a URL in there?

yes, for example:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62498

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Scott - please start a seperate thread in the technical support area of the forum - they will ask you lots of questions in there about your hardware set up to try and get you up and running. Running in windowed mode certainly seems to have fixed it for most people so far, even those with well below minimum spec machines.
    There are a couple of threads on this issue that no one is helping with, however i followed this advice:

Originally Posted by ipswichjon2
    Earlier on I posted a similar issue - I've got it running in windowed mode and okay for two weeks game time no freezes - to get windowed mode

1 - right click FM2009 exe start up icon and then properties
    2 - in the target field add a space and "-windowed -small_screen"
    3 - click apply/ok

thanks to the guy on the PC/Mac discussion section who posted this

And had success, there was a windowed option from within the game which was where i was getting confused. Cheers though.

Quote Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Miles/Neil, I put in the code but it just says unable to connect to the internet. What do I do? cus im getting bored and impatient now, please help
    As Marc said, we're still waiting for a response on that one. There are emails going backwards and forwards, but nothing to post yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DanT193 View Post
    Same problem as me. I try to launch through steam but it does exactly as yours does. I've downloaded that microsoft .NET thing and it still don't work! I'm not sleeping until i sort this out!!
    Did you also install net framework 2.0 Service Park 1?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Amateur

Miles/Neil:
    I have the following issues:
    - I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code
    - I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated
    - If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code
    - I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.
    - I have tried all the solutions posted here
    Marc told me to try the method where you reinstall and delete some folders. I've tried that (4 times) and it's still not working. Looks like seldald has the same problem.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ballan98 View Post
    I'm trying to get this activated via the phone. It is asking for a 16 digit activation code!

What is this? I guessed it was the code on the back of the FM2009 manual but that is more than 16 digits.

Any help?
    please can somebody help me on this. I'm getting very close to taking the game back to the shop tomorrow.

Amateur

now i am really confused, out of nowhere, a massive sports interactive sign just came on the screen and wah lah, the game came to light as if by magic??? work that one out??? but i am very cautious as i have heard this happening before and after exiting the game you have to go through the whole authentication process again. no doubt ill be back on this forum nearing suicide!!! wish me luck

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    when starting a match for first time it says FM09 out of memory I have 160g spare? any clues.

thanks
    Ricardo

Amateur

When you phone it should be the 16 digit code showing on your screen, but don't hold your breath it throws you out after the 3rd set of 16 as it says you have the wrong key!! even though you have the correct one! This is just terrible.

Amateur

Am i the only one with a [-703] error still?

Amateur

please can somebody help me on this. I'm getting very close to taking the game back to the shop tomorrow.
    When you phone it should be the 16 digit code showing on your screen, but don't hold your breath it throws you out after the 3rd set of 16 as it says you have the wrong key!! even though you have the correct one! This is just terrible.

Amateur

I've just tried the phone again and have got to the 5th number again, which appears to be the point it throws me out now.

Amateur

I have tried following the above instructions but I keep getting the error message, cannot connect to the internet. i am connected obviously. I have re-installed the game many times now.

Tried to follow the instructions you have posted regarding the certificates but when i click on the link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com it takes me to the website, and does not give me the certificate error message.

again my keycode is somewhat difficult. I know 1, and I are getting mixed up, do we have issues with 2 and z i have tried many ways now.

Even after last install, after making doubly sure to tick the unicom box, internet or phone... I now have no phone activation box or option. I thinks someone is having a laugh here!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by totty2009 View Post
    i dont get any code on my screen. When I go to load up a game (I have not activated it yet) I get a white screen.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, windowed mode seems to have done it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Kenney View Post

When i try to install this after downloading, it says it cant install due to an earlier version i have on my computer. when i go to the help page, it says the version i have is actually a later version and thats why it can't be replaced.

i'm not the most technically minded person. in laymans terms, can you explain to me why upon launching via steam, literally nothing happens? it says 'in game' for about 2 seconds on my profile and then nothing. nothing boots up at all. is htere any manual fix for this becuase at this rate, i really cant see me getting fm working which is a total nightmare cos i love it. my girlfeind, however, is very happy i cant get it to work.

do you envisage there will be a patch released to make it work via steam?

I have RADEON 9250 as graphics card, this should be fine yes?

Liam

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by makle View Post
    Miles/Neil:
    I have the following issues:
    - I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code
    - I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated
    - If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code
    - I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.
    - I have tried all the solutions posted here
    Marc told me to try the method where you reinstall and delete some folders. I've tried that (4 times) and it's still not working. Looks like seldald has the same problem.
    Yes, exactly the same problem as I do. Actually wasn't aware of this one: "- I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated". But after checking this is also the same for me. Also tried reinstalling the game 2-3 handful of times now :-)..... Desperate for advice!

Amateur

Hi

i have seen people post in here and other threads about the issue with the xml parsing error but with no resolution...

XML parsing error!

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

Can someone PLEASE help me with this???

Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bassett1 View Post
    I have tried following the above instructions but I keep getting the error message, cannot connect to the internet. i am connected obviously. I have re-installed the game many times now.

Tried to follow the instructions you have posted regarding the certificates but when i click on the link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com it takes me to the website, and does not give me the certificate error message.

again my keycode is somewhat difficult. I know 1, and I are getting mixed up, do we have issues with 2 and z i have tried many ways now.

Even after last install, after making doubly sure to tick the unicom box, internet or phone... I now have no phone activation box or option. I thinks someone is having a laugh here!
    We are in communication with Uniloc about this issue and they're currently investigating and working towards finding a solution to it. We don't have any further news to give at this stage, so please accept our apologies in the meantime while we wait for an update.

Amateur

I only got the phone option after 3 re installs, but the phone line doesn't work anyway, it says you have the incorrect key even when you have verified your key through the 'check site'

When i try to install this after downloading, it says it cant install due to an earlier version i have on my computer. when i go to the help page, it says the version i have is actually a later version and thats why it can't be replaced.

i'm not the most technically minded person. in laymans terms, can you explain to me why upon launching via steam, literally nothing happens? it says 'in game' for about 2 seconds on my profile and then nothing. nothing boots up at all. is htere any manual fix for this becuase at this rate, i really cant see me getting fm working which is a total nightmare cos i love it. my girlfeind, however, is very happy i cant get it to work.

do you envisage there will be a patch released to make it work via steam?

I have RADEON 9250 as graphics card, this should be fine yes?

Liam
    There is a potential workaround on the first page in the Known Issues thread:
    I installed through Steam and cannot start the game or create a shortcut, or running without Steam being active

Fix: If installed via Steam, you can find the game executable (exe) at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

If you double click this the game will launch, you can also create a shortcut to this location on your desktop.
    You may also want to reboot before you try the above and you may want to contact Steam support too:

You launch the game via Steam and nothing happens

Please raise a support ticket at the Valve website: https://support.steampowered.com/

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Kenney View Post

I've just installed the service pack also but it still comes up with the same "footbal manager.exe has experienced a serious error and needs to close"

Anything else i can try?
    What if nothing can be done? Do steam do refunds!!!

Amateur

When I write the cd-key for the second time, this time on a link from Soft Anchor, then say it already before I taste anything into that "Your trial period has expired! Please visit www.sigames.com"
    When I entered my key into production and pressure next pops up as follows: "Sorry, but this instalation of Football Manger 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reasons: The program could not access the Internet. Veligst Check your connection. If you have need assistance, please visit
    www.sigames.com "

I've already installed the game on my laptop and never had to use soft anchor so I don't know what to do now. I have already tried to uninstall it several times, without any effect!

Thank you in advance!

Amateur

i dont get any code on my screen. When I go to load up a game (I have not activated it yet) I get a white screen.
    If you tick the 'phone activation' box then next you will should see a 16 digit code, but like i said before it doesn't work anyway.

Amateur

NEED HELP BIGTIME!
    my saved games would not re-load so i uninstalled the game and tried to re-install. but when i put the disk back in, it doesnt load, infact nothing come up at all and i cant re-install fm.
    i tried exploring the disk but it just came up with:

data error (cyclic redundancy check)

what can i do? at the moment iv just got a game that does NOTHING!

Amateur

thank you Niel,

is it a case case of wait and see,

or do we have a timescale,

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    There is a potential workaround on the first page in the Known Issues thread:

You may also want to reboot before you try the above and you may want to contact Steam support too:
    Thanks for this. When i try this, i get the following error message:

'this application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found'

anything else i can do?

really appreciate your swift answers here, hopefully i'll be up and running at some point!

Liam

Amateur

Default this game is currently unavailable please try again a another time

this game is currently unavailable please try again a another time....

Any fix on this yet, trying to launch through steam but get the above message.....

Been asking for some help with this since 8am and been trying to play the game since 2pm yesterday.

Tried installing uni version but had graphics instllation problem....which of the two peoblems is easier to fix (I have already dowloaded patch and DXSDX to no avail).

Please Help

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by vinesy56 View Post
    Am i the only one with a [-703] error still?
    dont worry i aslo still have this error!!all the advice we have is to keep trying because the servers busy!!!ive tried it soooo many times aswell!!

Amateur

Totty,

i have the same earlier, but now after re-installing i have no phone option to try. guess i am fighting a loosing battle.

Quote Originally Posted by rafael21 View Post
    Hi

i have seen people post in here and other threads about the issue with the xml parsing error but with no resolution...

XML parsing error!

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

Can someone PLEASE help me with this???
    Hi Rafael,

To solve this you can reset your preferences.

What operating system are you using?

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

- Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    - Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    - In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    - Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by totty2009 View Post
    If you tick the 'phone activation' box then next you will should see a 16 digit code, but like i said before it doesn't work anyway.
    thanks for your help. I think I'm going to cut my losses and return this game. Can't be bothered with all this hassle to play it now.

Thanks for this. When i try this, i get the following error message:

'this application has failed to start because d3dx9_37.dll was not found'

anything else i can do?

really appreciate your swift answers here, hopefully i'll be up and running at some point!

Liam
    Hi Liam,

You need to re-install your DirectX. You can find the link here:

Quote Originally Posted by judasholmes View Post
    dont worry i aslo still have this error!!all the advice we have is to keep trying because the servers busy!!!ive tried it soooo many times aswell!!
    Try and leave a 10 minute gap between each time you try.

Amateur

Good evening.

I'm trying to install the game on a 2nd machine (my laptop).

Upon the activation screen it come up with: Your trial period has EXPIRED! Please contact SIgames.com

I couldn't find anything on the first page with regards to this error.

Thanks,

thank you Niel,

is it a case case of wait and see,

or do we have a timescale,
    Not just yet, but hopefully we can provide an update soon. Uniloc themselves are performing some investigations and running some tests as we speak. Once they've done that they'll hopefully be able to provide us with some further information.

Murray should hopefully be back on the forums later this evening - he is looking into that side of things.

Amateur

I've just installed the service pack also but it still comes up with the same "footbal manager.exe has experienced a serious error and needs to close"

Anything else i can try?
    What if nothing can be done? Do steam do refunds!!!
    i've also got on to steam about this but they seem to take a day in between each reply they give me! At least on here we've got people with straight answers!

Amateur

Totty,

i have the same earlier, but now after re-installing i have no phone option to try. guess i am fighting a loosing battle.
    I think we all are at the moment, I just don't get why they have made it so difficult to play such a brilliant game. It's sitting here on my laptop all installed and I can't play it because I need to activate it! Why oh why. This is the biggest **** up ever. The real fans have been badly hurt here and someone needs to apologise or give us some answers.

i've also got on to steam about this but they seem to take a day in between each reply they give me! At least on here we've got people with straight answers!
    Did you actually install the latest drivers for your graphics card?

If you are using the ATI RADEON 9200 series, then you will definitely need to make sure you're running with the 9.1.0 patch code.

Amateur

Murray should hopefully be back on the forums later this evening - he is looking into that side of things.
    thanks Miles for that. I will give Murray and the rest of the team until Tuesday before taking the game back.

Hope it is all sorted.

Default Re: this game is currently unavailable please try again a another time

Quote Originally Posted by singintheblues View Post
    this game is currently unavailable please try again a another time....

Any fix on this yet, trying to launch through steam but get the above message.....

Been asking for some help with this since 8am and been trying to play the game since 2pm yesterday.

Tried installing uni version but had graphics instllation problem....which of the two peoblems is easier to fix (I have already dowloaded patch and DXSDX to no avail).

Please Help
    STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:
    XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in
    4) Delete all content
    5) Reboot the machine
    6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/
    7) You should now be activated

Amateur

Hi Liam,

You need to re-install your DirectX. You can find the link here:
    ok, i've downloaded that and its asking me to browse for the location to save this, is there anywhere specific i should put it?

hopefully this will fix it!!

Liam

thanks Miles for that. I will give Murray and the rest of the team until Tuesday before taking the game back.

Hope it is all sorted.
    Thanks for your understanding - we hope it's all sorted for you too!

ok, i've downloaded that and its asking me to browse for the location to save this, is there anywhere specific i should put it?

hopefully this will fix it!!

Liam
    You should be able to save it anywhere on your machine and then run it afterwards to install.

Amateur

Yeh think im going to give up for the night. Been at since 3pm yesterday on and off and it is really starting to do my swede in.

Only so many times you can witness error [-703]

Amateur

If you are using the ATI RADEON 9200 series, then you will definitely need to make sure you're running with the 9.1.0 patch code.
    Yeah i've dowloaded the latest drivers today for it (Radeon 9250 series) and i downloaded it straight off of steam so doesn't that mean it's automatically updated to the 9.1.0 patch or not?

Amateur

In post #5 in this thread I described my problem. I have emailed both Marc and muzchap with jpegs of my keycode but still no reply from either one. I kinda feel left out so **** this for tonight. I'm gonna go watch some Sons of Anarchy episodes instead. I really hope that someone from SI can take the time and have an answer for me by tomorrow since I've been kind of ignored so far...

Amateur

any news yet please on not connecting issue, im starting to get really up setup now

Amateur

Soft anchor?? Who's idea was this anyway?? Me thinks this may cost SI more in the long run than any piracy that went on before this activation stuff!

Amateur

I'm encountering the "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

The send report says the following:

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00fdc281

Any ideas? I've tried repairing the Microsoft Dot.Net framework but it doesn't work. I was playing the game earlier perfectly fine, and have tried re-installing it. I'm also running the latest patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexb1984 View Post
    any news yet please on not connecting issue, im starting to get really up setup now
    Uniloc are investigating and working on this as we speak, so hopefully they will have some further news for us soon. We'll obviously let you know as soon as we hear anything.

Amateur

You should be able to save it anywhere on your machine and then run it afterwards to install.
    ok, thats installed and now im getting a new error message, saying 'The rocedure entry point symgetlinefromaddw64 could not be located in the dynamic line dgbhelp.dll

any ideas now? sorry to keep you from your bed!

Liam

Amateur

thanks guys i have followed you advice and should be set-up very soon.

Amateur

What about the freezing issue ????

Received the game today (dvd), and spent a good hour setting things up before getting to the first friendly game, selected my team and when clicked on go to match the bloody thing freezed.F@@@

Using Vista x64 with the patch and latest vista updates.

So much for the 'games for windows' assurance :

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB...orwindows.aspx

Amateur

Thanks Neil!!

Im back up and running and no problems!! You guys have had a fair amount of stick for this launch and some of it is understandable. I ws one of those who took a day of yesterday to get fm and was pretty p***** that i couldnt get it working until around 11pm.

HOWEVER, i can speak for a lot of people when i say this, the fact that you guys are on here at nearly 1am the following day helping fellow football managers is a fantastic thing to do and we thank you for everything you are all doing!

Keep up the hard work and i hope everyone is up and running soon...

Rafa

ok, thats installed and now im getting a new error message, saying 'The rocedure entry point symgetlinefromaddw64 could not be located in the dynamic line dgbhelp.dll

any ideas now? sorry to keep you from your bed!

Liam
    Hmm... okay that makes more sense now.

Can you go to the following directory:

You should see the "fm.exe" there, but there should also be a dbghelp.dll file too. It sounds like this file is missing from your system, which means somehow perhaps the game did not install correctly or you may have accidentally deleted it?

Amateur

FIANLLY managed to get going!! Apparently when i thought steam had downloaded the patch for me like it said it had it appears that it was not the case!! Just downloaded a patch of rapidshare and installed it and it works ok now!!

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate the time your putting in to sort this out, who knows, i could be back here soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by rafael21 View Post
    Thanks Neil!!

Im back up and running and no problems!! You guys have had a fair amount of stick for this launch and some of it is understandable. I ws one of those who took a day of yesterday to get fm and was pretty p***** that i couldnt get it working until around 11pm.

HOWEVER, i can speak for a lot of people when i say this, the fact that you guys are on here at nearly 1am the following day helping fellow football managers is a fantastic thing to do and we thank you for everything you are all doing!

Keep up the hard work and i hope everyone is up and running soon...

Rafa
    Terrific - glad you're back up and running and thanks for the comments. It's been a bit of a slog with the recent problems, but we're committed to doing what we can to help everybody who is experiencing issues to get them playing.

FIANLLY managed to get going!! Apparently when i thought steam had downloaded the patch for me like it said it had it appears that it was not the case!! Just downloaded a patch of rapidshare and installed it and it works ok now!!

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate the time your putting in to sort this out, who knows, i could be back here soon!!
    Great news Dan... I hope the wait is worth it and you enjoy the game.

Amateur

Neil/Miles
    I have the same problem as Totty and a few other with the phone activation telling me after the 3rd code that I have the wrong number. It is not the wrong number, i have checked and tried as suggested to put in in capitals and lower case without success.
    Any further with the solution?
    Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by gazzamcg View Post
    What about the freezing issue ????

Received the game today (dvd), and spent a good hour setting things up before getting to the first friendly game, selected my team and when clicked on go to match the bloody thing freezed.F@@@

Using Vista x64 with the patch and latest vista updates.

So much for the 'games for windows' assurance :

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB...orwindows.aspx
    Hi Gazza,

Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode to see if this helps improve the problem?

Amateur

Hmm... okay that makes more sense now.

Can you go to the following directory:

You should see the "fm.exe" there, but there should also be a dbghelp.dll file too. It sounds like this file is missing from your system, which means somehow perhaps the game did not install correctly or you may have accidentally deleted it?
    no, that file is not there, and i am pretty sure i haven't deleted anything. do you suggest a re-install or......? i preume the directx upgrade that i did will remain on my machine as a seperate thing yes, and therefore i wont have to repeat this process?

actually, just figured that in the fm09 DEMO file, that dbghelp file does exist, am i being thick to think i could just simply cut and paste this across or not??

Liam

Liam
    Last edited by geordieliam83; 16-11-2008 at 00:33. Reason: more info discovered

Amateur

I have managed to authenticate however when i click on the fm 09 icon nothing happens. i then click again and it staes the game is already running. i checked applications on task manager and its not there.

Does any one have any ideas

no, that file is not there, and i am pretty sure i haven't deleted anything. do you suggest a re-install or......? i preume the directx upgrade that i did will remain on my machine as a seperate thing yes, and therefore i wont have to repeat this process?

actually, just figured that in the fm09 DEMO file, that dbghelp file does exist, am i being thick to think i could just simply cut and paste this across or not??

Liam

Liam
    I would suggest re-installing the game, yes.

You shouldn't need to run the DirectX again afterwards, but, while installing FM, if you are prompted to update DirectX then do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Do Smarties really have the answer View Post
    I have managed to authenticate however when i click on the fm 09 icon nothing happens. i then click again and it staes the game is already running. i checked applications on task manager and its not there.

Does any one have any ideas
    How long have you left it for? Give it a couple of minutes and if nothing is showing then reboot your machine and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by asboking View Post
    Neil/Miles
    I have the same problem as Totty and a few other with the phone activation telling me after the 3rd code that I have the wrong number. It is not the wrong number, i have checked and tried as suggested to put in in capitals and lower case without success.
    Any further with the solution?
    Please help!
    How have you checked? Have you tried using the key look up tool or activating online?

You can find it here:
    http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Amateur

Default FIREFOX User Problem

The titled section - '‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’' - Only deals with Internet explorer users and not firefox users like myself.

When you follow the only other link for additional help the website it takes you to simply states that it is possible for firefox users to get the required certification saying that all you have to do is simply go to the download page right click and save the link for import later, it does not however give a link to get to the download page or say what exactly to right click on.

I have tried all of the other relevant methods to get my game working and have even installed the game onto another pc just to see if I had the correct code which I did.

Please help

Amateur

I checked the number online via this computer and it was right. The phone activation is for my laptop which doesnt have internet access. I would play on this machine but it isnt upto the required spec needed

Default Re: FIREFOX User Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Douglos View Post
    The titled section - '‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.’' - Only deals with Internet explorer users and not firefox users like myself.

When you follow the only other link for additional help the website it takes you to simply states that it is possible for firefox users to get the required certification saying that all you have to do is simply go to the download page right click and save the link for import later, it does not however give a link to get to the download page or say what exactly to right click on.

I have tried all of the other relevant methods to get my game working and have even installed the game onto another pc just to see if I had the correct code which I did.

Please help
    Hi Douglos,

Uniloc are looking into this issue as we speak and we hope to have some further news soon, so please accept our apologies for the wait right now, but hang tight and we'll provide an update soon.

Amateur

Hi Gazza,

Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode to see if this helps improve the problem?
    Yeah, I'll try it this afternoon and report back.

Amateur

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

I tried to download DirectX SDK and during my download it cut off saying i need to use a PACKER tool? is there any sudgestions about how i can get to play fm? or is there anywhere or thing i can download to get it working? its killing me not being able to play it

Amateur

How long have you left it for? Give it a couple of minutes and if nothing is showing then reboot your machine and try again.
    i left it for about 10 minutes before clicking again. Have rebooted many times and installed direct x.
    Have just noticed that fm.exe is running as a process on task manager but still not an application

Quote Originally Posted by markybhoy View Post
    I tried to download DirectX SDK and during my download it cut off saying i need to use a PACKER tool? is there any sudgestions about how i can get to play fm? or is there anywhere or thing i can download to get it working? its killing me not being able to play it
    Which URL/where are you downloading from?

Amateur

I would suggest re-installing the game, yes.

You shouldn't need to run the DirectX again afterwards, but, while installing FM, if you are prompted to update DirectX then do so.
    hello again, it took me a good while to install the game via steam the first time around (as it had to do all the updates etc) so i dont imagine i'll be able to give you a success or not tonight. however, because this will get so busy again tomorrow, how do you advise i best get in touch with you (bearing in mind you know the history) without it getting lost in amongst the other posts?

i dont know if you saw on my last post but i was saying i'd found the dgbhelp.dll file but it was in the DEMO file that i downloaded from steam. am i able to simply cut and paste into the file of the full version or not?

Thanks

Liam

Quote Originally Posted by Do Smarties really have the answer View Post
    i left it for about 10 minutes before clicking again. Have rebooted many times and installed direct x.
    Have just noticed that fm.exe is running as a process on task manager but still not an application
    Okay that's interesting - what's its memory footprint?

Just so I'm clear - when you initially activated, did the game ever run successfully?
    Last edited by Neil Dejyothin; 16-11-2008 at 00:55.

hello again, it took me a good while to install the game via steam the first time around (as it had to do all the updates etc) so i dont imagine i'll be able to give you a success or not tonight. however, because this will get so busy again tomorrow, how do you advise i best get in touch with you (bearing in mind you know the history) without it getting lost in amongst the other posts?

i dont know if you saw on my last post but i was saying i'd found the dgbhelp.dll file but it was in the DEMO file that i downloaded from steam. am i able to simply cut and paste into the file of the full version or not?

Thanks

Liam
    Yes, you can copy and paste it (don't cut and paste it as otherwise the demo will no longer work if you remove it), so that's worth a go.

Amateur

going to bed now, can some please fix this over night so i can have a fun sunday :S

Amateur

Which URL/where are you downloading from?
    the windows one? ive tried anything basically to get it working and its not happening?

Amateur

How have you checked? Have you tried using the key look up tool or activating online?

You can find it here:
    http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/
    Yes Neil, checked it many times via this route and it doesn't work on the phone activation.

The so called fixes for the activation issues just arn't working.

Amateur

Can't someone at least say that they are looking into my problem??

Quote Originally Posted by Alexb1984 View Post
    going to bed now, can some please fix this over night so i can have a fun sunday :S
    We hope to provide some news quite soon and are confident we have a solution.

Amateur

Yes, you can copy and paste it (don't cut and paste it as otherwise the demo will no longer work if you remove it), so that's worth a go.
    ok, so i copied that over and then it asked for the saAudit.dll file so i dually copied that over. and now it just says 'cannot run game. failed to set up graphics system'

im sure i've seen someone else have that problem somewhere in the previous 6 pages - am i getting somewhere?

Liam

Amateur

The phone is not working for me, and I have checked my key code on that website. The last time I tried the stupid thing gave me a response key which didn't work.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast