Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 54 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

  1. #301
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    All of the above check out. Installed it through steam worked fine last night but now it freezes when when i submit me team, can go on holiday for 1 day but that's not really the idea is it. De-selected the 3D graphics still freezes.

  2. #302
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    The application Football manager 2009 v9.0.0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly

    please help.

    i installed the game, but havent even managed to get the game to launch yet?

  3. #303
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1992 View Post
    All of the above check out. Installed it through steam worked fine last night but now it freezes when when i submit me team, can go on holiday for 1 day but that's not really the idea is it. De-selected the 3D graphics still freezes.
    Using the patch 9.1? Got the Directx SDK? Got the latest graphics card drivers?

  4. #304
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
    The application Football manager 2009 v9.0.0 f 23552 quit unexpectedly

    please help.

    i installed the game, but havent even managed to get the game to launch yet?
    Download the patch please for starters (v9.1)

  5. #305
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    oh my god marc, if this works i shall worship the very ground you walk on dude.
    we are not worthy
    thank you very much mate, great help
    one satisfied customer here hehe

  6. #306
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Sorry but can you reply to my 2 post's please?

    Mine just sits on the Softanchor online activation... Initializing......

    Help!

    Many Thanks

  7. #307
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    What a wate of ****ing time to play a game i mean come on , dont yo feel slightly ashemed of si and sega this is a game not asif some has just spun of this game in a week

    Taking it back tomoroow

  8. #308
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Sorry forgot to mention running FM 2009 on iMac, downloaded 9.1 but i will not open as its telling me its a patch for PC?

  9. #309
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th August 2006
    Location
    Chigwell
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ctgs
    Hi, Ive installed a boxed version of fm 09 on my vista laptop, it installed fine, but when i try and open editor a message comes up, which is....


    c:\users\christopher\appdata\local\microsoft\windo ws\gameexplorer\{BE416EA4-4...\rundataeditor.lnk

    The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.


    I then installed the patch and this message still comes up.

    Are you on Vista 64bit?

    Hi im on vista 32 bit, and i did download what you suggested, still doesnt work though
    Actually just to add, when i downloaded what you said, it came up that i already had it.

  10. #310
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettsi View Post
    Sorry but can you reply to my 2 post's please?

    Mine just sits on the Softanchor online activation... Initializing......

    Help!

    Many Thanks
    Can you try deleting your certificates (details in the first post of this thread)

  11. #311
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention running FM 2009 on iMac, downloaded 9.1 but i will not open as its telling me its a patch for PC?
    Yep, the Mac patch will be released on Monday.

  12. #312
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Still no Marc?

  13. #313
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Ctgs View Post
    Actually just to add, when i downloaded what you said, it came up that i already had it.
    Ok, I'm not sure about this editor issue at this stage I'm afraid.

  14. #314
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by BlythForever View Post
    Still no Marc?
    Afraid not.

  15. #315
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by DunfermlineMad View Post
    What a wate of ****ing time to play a game i mean come on , dont yo feel slightly ashemed of si and sega this is a game not asif some has just spun of this game in a week

    Taking it back tomoroow
    Why take it back when we can get you up and running.

  16. #316
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - READ FIRST PLEASE

    Ok, Thanks for your help Marc

    Look forward to getting up and running Monday

  17. #317
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris09 View Post
    oh my god marc, if this works i shall worship the very ground you walk on dude.
    we are not worthy
    thank you very much mate, great help
    one satisfied customer here hehe
    Kneel before Zod.

  18. #318
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th March 2003
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    yes please.
    Oh man, do I feel embarrassed or what...I deleted the directory, rebooted, activated and the game started. I believe that the space between "Program" and "Data" that you have in your path fooled me, since the space is missing in my path, but I should have noticed it anyway.

    FM crashed though when I tried to load my previous save game, but that could be because the savegame was created with the first patch and I have not yet patched up this installation. When I tried to download the patch from your website I got a 404 error, is the patch revoked or is it moved?

  19. #319
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Posts
    616

    Smile Re: Known issues and solutions - READ FIRST PLEASE

    marc i know your busy but how do i get the file to see if it installed right and where to found.sorry i keep going on

  20. #320
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st October 2007
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - READ FIRST PLEASE

    mine still ain't working i am taking back tomorrow

  21. #321
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I have error 51, but none of the directorys you have specified in the fix for it actually exist on my computer. I brought game from steam. Can't even work out how to uninstall the damn thing anyways. No uninstall.exe and doesnt show up in add/remove programs

  22. #322

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc, I don't really understand this certificates thing, how do I do what you're saying at the start of this thread? I went onto IE and the website stated, but I'm not prompted by “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.” I don't know what to do, and also with UNILOC, when I come to entering my activation code there's no phone option, only internet!!

    Please help!!
    Thanks

  23. #323
    Amateur
    Join Date
    18th August 2006
    Location
    Chigwell
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - READ FIRST PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure about this editor issue at this stage I'm afraid.

    Ok, i have noticed a few other people have had this same problem as me both on steam and boxed versions.

  24. #324
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc, should I delete ALL files with footie manager on my computer and start again?

    Just think it might start it from scratch?

  25. #325
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I just got to the 5th number on the phone before it said it was invalid. Capitals or no capitals, it just doesn't work. It's pure luck if you somehow manage to get through all 8 numbers.

  26. #326
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    im having problems authenticating my fm2009.
    i have installed it through steam, the game was ready to go until i got to the anchorsoft screen in which i input my keycode (which is correct) and it came up saying it was unable to connect to the internet. i followed your advice in the forum and went to this link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com only for it to ask for a username and password. this is as far as i can go and im literally at the end of my tether, please help...

  27. #327
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by BlythForever View Post
    Marc, should I delete ALL files with footie manager on my computer and start again?

    Just think it might start it from scratch?
    Give that a go yes

  28. #328
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I've installed through Steam, but when I try to launch game it goes to SoftAnchor thing, i enter the code then i get the following message:

    We were unable to process your unlock request, to recieve a new key please visit sigames.com
    Error [-51]

    I hope its a simple solution because I am useless with computers, i brought the game yesterday morning, yesterday i was getting the no internet connection message n today I'm getting the above message.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  29. #329
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    can you have alook at post 153 please, any ideas what to do?, cheers

  30. #330
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Download the patch v9.1 for starters.
    Absolute hero, i had completley forgotten about the patch (which i had downloaded yesterday morning but not put on my computer in my room). It seems to be working fine now. Thank you very much. I'm going to crack open a few cans now and manage the gooners, probably better than Arsene has the last few years.

    Anyone who is still stuck, i feel for you massivley. All i can say is try and stay calm as i'm sure Marcs trying his best to help us all.

    Once again legend like Zorro

  31. #331
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Did you send me that email?
    yes, i sent it 20 mins ago

  32. #332
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi marc, Tried everything you said but still ended up were i was before.

    Double click on fm09 then these

    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8234457aw1.jpg

    Entered my key loads for 10 seconds then

    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7216966ei3.jpg


    Tried well over 300 times and always end up with the same result.

  33. #333
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I am still getting the "Steam server is unavailable" message. I have tried the solution mentioned in this thread but it is still the same.

  34. #334

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    Hi marc, Tried everything you said but still ended up were i was before.

    Double click on fm09 then these

    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8234457aw1.jpg

    Entered my key loads for 10 seconds then

    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7216966ei3.jpg


    Tried well over 300 times and always end up with the same result.
    Exactly the same as Damrock

  35. #335
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by bantz17 View Post
    I've installed through Steam, but when I try to launch game it goes to SoftAnchor thing, i enter the code then i get the following message:

    We were unable to process your unlock request, to recieve a new key please visit sigames.com
    Error [-51]

    I hope its a simple solution because I am useless with computers, i brought the game yesterday morning, yesterday i was getting the no internet connection message n today I'm getting the above message.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

    1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

    XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

    3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

    4) Delete all content

    5) Reboot the machine

    6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    7) You should now be activated

    Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
    • Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

  36. #336
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th October 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Well I got it to work this afternoon with some help of a moderator here.

    Just closed the game to watch a real match, but now I'm going back to the game.
    It's true amazing how addictive this game is.

    Over 7 hours of playing, and I'm not even close to being done with it for this session.

    However SI, please don't ever do this to us again.
    I know you're all working hard, but alot of things (like the Da Vinci code on the back of the manual) should have never happened.

    But, as my ending words.
    Thumbs up for taking care of the problems!

  37. #337
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Pettsi View Post
    Once i get to the softanchor page, i paste the code in and click next and it sits like this for ages... Does nothing! Help please?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Can you try deleting your certificates (details in the first post of this thread)
    I have just reinstalled without using steam and it works?! Rediculously strange.. ah well cheers for your help fella.
    Last edited by Pettsi; 15-11-2008 at 22:48.

  38. #338
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    im having problems authenticating my fm2009.
    i have installed it through steam, the game was ready to go until i got to the anchorsoft screen in which i input my keycode (which is correct) and it came up saying it was unable to connect to the internet. i followed your advice in the forum and went to this link https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com only for it to ask for a username and password. this is as far as i can go and im literally at the end of my tether, please help...
    Fix:
    1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

    2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

    3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

    4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

    5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

    6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

  39. #339
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Mark i really need some help, i tried everything im not doing anything wrong. Nothing happens when open it IE7, please help

  40. #340
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    thanks very much marc, the capital letter method has fixed my problem with authenticating over the phone

  41. #341
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Fix:
    1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

    2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

    3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

    4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

    5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

    6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.
    BTW, I know it's asking for U and P on that page - getting that sorted.

  42. #342
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jam11 View Post
    Yes its 9.1 After I installed Steam it updated automatically. The card I have is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I have recently upgarded my RAM to 2GB from 512mb
    Marc, have you any solutions??

    Not seen a response from my 231 post.
    Cheers.

  43. #343
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i have just went to the link you gave me https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com and all that comes up is the anchorsoft logo and something asking for a username and password, nothing prompting about “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”
    what are the options?

  44. #344
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc it does not come up that propmt!

    How do i activate it by phone *cries*

  45. #345
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Same as jaygo

  46. #346
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    error 51....have deleted local files on steam and redownloaded it, got the same key... Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate does not exist.

  47. #347
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi.

    For those people who are struggling with freezing issues I have found a fix (It has been mentioned on other threads but it needs to be on here)

    Put your view into 'windowed' mode (Can be done on main FM screen in preferences-Set windowed to default)

    I have done this and it hasnt froze since

    I know some people dont like the windowed view but to me I dont mind

  48. #348
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I am still getting the "Steam server is unavailable" message. I have tried the solution mentioned in this thread but it is still the same.

    What should i do?

  49. #349
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    i have just went to the link you gave me https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com and all that comes up is the anchorsoft logo and something asking for a username and password, nothing prompting about “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”
    what are the options?
    I've raised this via email now.

  50. #350
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th July 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Anynews on the 703 error??

  51. #351
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

    1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

    XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

    3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

    4) Delete all content

    5) Reboot the machine

    6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    7) You should now be activated

    Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
    • Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

    I can't even find the folder to uninstall fm09

  52. #352
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPER KEIGAN PARKER View Post
    Exactly the same as Damrock
    Glad im not alone, hopefully marc seen my post so can look at my pictures to help figure out the problem.

  53. #353
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    what is happening now, do i have to wait for you to hear back about the problem im having?

  54. #354
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by judasholmes View Post
    Anynews on the 703 error??
    That went off in an email about 20 mins ago.

  55. #355
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    i have just went to the link you gave me https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com and all that comes up is the anchorsoft logo and something asking for a username and password, nothing prompting about “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”
    what are the options?
    Options are wait for this page to get fixed (email sent)

  56. #356
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    okay mate, cheers. this is driving me wild though???

  57. #357
    Third Team
    Join Date
    21st May 2006
    Location
    Join the Cybernations revolution!
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Wow all this by one person. Well done Marc. Pity, there's little gratitude. Btw, if I have patched my game and have all the drivers possible is there any other way around the facegen problem?

  58. #358

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Can you help out me and Damrock please Marc?

  59. #359
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Still no Marc? This isnt going well as you can tell haha!

    Cheers

  60. #360
    Lurker
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc
    Thanks found the problem to 4 of my issues on this thread and now I am up and running watch out here comes the mighty millers on the rampage up from -17 points in league 2

    I miss the days of champ manager 1993-94 those were the days ray wilkins was a two year legend for me. All that info on 2 floppies!!!
    Last edited by NicktheGuv; 15-11-2008 at 23:03.

  61. #361
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Using the patch 9.1? Got the Directx SDK? Got the latest graphics card drivers?
    Seriously dude you might as well be speaking another language, Mongo wants’ to make the pretty pictures flicker please help before Mongo goes on a killing rampage.

    Why would it be working one day and not the next?

  62. #362
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Once again, Mark, please look at post 210.
    I know that you're busy and I appreciate your effort, but please, just have a look.

  63. #363
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Evon View Post
    Wow all this by one person. Well done Marc. Pity, there's little gratitude. Btw, if I have patched my game and have all the drivers possible is there any other way around the facegen problem?
    Right now no. Email me though and I'll hook you up with the compat guys next week so you can test some new code.

  64. #364
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by makle View Post
    Once again, Mark, please look at post 210.
    I know that you're busy and I appreciate your effort, but please, just have a look.
    Can you repost here?

  65. #365
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Ok, I'm giving this another try.
    Heres the status:
    - I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code
    - I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated
    - If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code
    - I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.
    - I have tried all the solutions posted here
    Thanks for your help.
    Using steam btw.

  66. #366
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    this is the first year i will not be playing fm09.

    i`v got to wait a whole year just in the hope fm2010 work stright out of the box

  67. #367
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi marc, Tried everything you said but still ended up were i was before.

    Double click on fm09 then these

    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8234457aw1.jpg

    Entered my key loads for 10 seconds then

    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7216966ei3.jpg


    Tried well over 300 times and always end up with the same result.

  68. #368
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1992 View Post
    Seriously dude you might as well be speaking another language, Mongo wants’ to make the pretty pictures flicker please help before Mongo goes on a killing rampage.

    Why would it be working one day and not the next?
    Hi Mongo.

    Patch download : http://rapidshare.de/files/40902317/...9.1.0Patch.exe
    SDK download :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

    try those for starters.

  69. #369
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by makle View Post
    Ok, I'm giving this another try.
    Heres the status:
    - I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code
    - I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated
    - If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code
    - I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.
    - I have tried all the solutions posted here
    Thanks for your help.
    Using steam btw.
    Have you deleted the certificates though? This is important for your issue.

  70. #370
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    That went off in an email about 20 mins ago.
    What was said in the email?

  71. #371
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    Hi marc, Tried everything you said but still ended up were i was before.

    Double click on fm09 then these

    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8234457aw1.jpg

    Entered my key loads for 10 seconds then

    http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?i...7216966ei3.jpg


    Tried well over 300 times and always end up with the same result.
    Both images dont work for me

  72. #372
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Have you deleted the certificates though? This is important for your issue.
    Yes I have.

  73. #373
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by vinesy56 View Post
    What was said in the email?
    I outlined all the issues outstanding on the forums, giving example posts.

  74. #374
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by makle View Post
    Yes I have.
    Can you try deleting them again and following those steps again please.

  75. #375
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    this is the first year i will not be playing fm09.

    i`v got to wait a whole year just in the hope fm2010 work stright out of the box
    We'll get you working that's for sure!

  76. #376

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by vinesy56 View Post
    What was said in the email?
    That the website was asking for a username and password, which it shouldn't be, and asking when the issue would be rectified so that people can connect again.

  77. #377
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th October 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    seriously i have to comment on something.

    if an end user has to install sdk just to play the game, someone ****ed up big time. sdk is for programmers not for end users. i reckon this sdk thing is only a temporary solution, so my question is will there be some official fix to deal with this graphics failed to initialize problem?

  78. #378
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Marc, I have entered the code in lower case instead, and instead have erroe[-1003]. what is the solution for this?

  79. #379
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb1984 View Post
    Marc it does not come up that propmt!

    How do i activate it by phone *cries*

    awwwww dont cry

  80. #380
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2007
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Can you try deleting them again and following those steps again please.
    Already tried three times.

  81. #381
    Amateur
    Join Date
    1st March 2007
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Sorry marc posted this on the first page don't think you've gotten around to answering it yet.

    The game keeps crashing and saying that fm09 had encountered a serious problem and then automatically closes the programme every time i try to make a sub during a match.

    I have downloaded the patch and installed it and everything and still this problem is there, everytime it happens it creates a file in crash dumps folder called FM 2009 v 9.1.0.26064.

    PS i've just uploaded the dump files to si. Seems like alot of people are having this problem

  82. #382

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    this is the first year i will not be playing fm09.

    i`v got to wait a whole year just in the hope fm2010 work stright out of the box
    Please be patient Blades75 - we're waiting for someone else to come online who potentially has experience with your issue. He should (hopefully) be back within the hour and will be in touch, likely via private message.

  83. #383
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    On my game screen i have a box in bottom right hand corner it comes up when the game is loading at the start but it doesnt go. The box is green red and orange i dont think its supposed to stay their either, i carnt click on the icons in the bottom right hand side cus its in the way its annoying! Just wondered if anybody else had the same problem. The game is pretty slow to be fair not as good as last years i reckon. Be greatful if anybody could advise me. Cheers Dudz

  84. #384
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Ok this could have already been mentioned here so I apologise if it repeats anything but anyway:

    When I write the cd-key for the second time, this time on a link from Soft Anchor, then say it already before I taste anything into that "Your trial period has expired! Please visit www.sigames.com"
    When I entered my key into production and pressure next pops up as follows: "Sorry, but this instalation of Football Manger 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reasons: The program could not access the Internet. Veligst Check your connection. If you have need assistance, please visit
    www.sigames.com "

    Do you have any suggestions for whatever I have to do?
    I have already tried to uninstall it for severals times without any effect!

    Thank you in advance!

  85. #385
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Both images dont work for me
    First image is the one asking for the CDKEY..

    Second Image is "We're sorry, but this installation of football manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://sigames.com"

    Ive tried all the suggested things, Had the game wiped of my pc about 6 times and reinstalled and always end up with that screen coming back up.

  86. #386
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th October 2007
    Posts
    616

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i need to find where the installation log can anyone help

  87. #387
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    this is exactly what has been happening to me, asking for the username and password, so frustrating, i need my fix of fm soon...

  88. #388
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Any news on help for me and jaygo

  89. #389
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    this is exactly what has been happening to me, asking for the username and password, so frustrating, i need my fix of fm soon...
    It turns out that is the wrong URL. More to follow.

  90. #390
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    finally got the game working ( i think;p)

    for those of you who are still having trouble with error 51, I finally found the folder ( using vista) after checking the 'show hidden folders' in folder options.

    hope this helps, Marc you are a legend

  91. #391
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by BlythForever View Post
    Marc, I have entered the code in lower case instead, and instead have erroe[-1003]. what is the solution for this?
    You are receiving an Error [-1003]

    Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

  92. #392
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by PompeyAl View Post
    finally got the game working ( i think;p)

    for those of you who are still having trouble with error 51, I finally found the folder ( using vista) after checking the 'show hidden folders' in folder options.

    hope this helps, Marc you are a legend
    Glad to be of service!

  93. #393
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb1984 View Post
    Any news on help for me and jaygo
    The URL I've been giving out is wrong As soon as I know more, you'll know more!

  94. #394
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th August 2002
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    112

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Fair play to you guys staying up on a Saturday night to sort this lot out. I can't play due to my shoddy graphics card but I do appreciate and totally respect that you guys have put in some effort tonight.

    Fair play.

  95. #395
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudz View Post
    On my game screen i have a box in bottom right hand corner it comes up when the game is loading at the start but it doesnt go. The box is green red and orange i dont think its supposed to stay their either, i carnt click on the icons in the bottom right hand side cus its in the way its annoying! Just wondered if anybody else had the same problem. The game is pretty slow to be fair not as good as last years i reckon. Be greatful if anybody could advise me. Cheers Dudz
    I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

    Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila

  96. #396
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    take it this hasn't been the ideal launch to fm2009 as yous have hoped Marc?

  97. #397
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerLife View Post
    Fair play to you guys staying up on a Saturday night to sort this lot out. I can't play due to my shoddy graphics card but I do appreciate and totally respect that you guys have put in some effort tonight.

    Fair play.
    You can't play at all? Does 2D work?

  98. #398
    Sports Interactive Marc Duffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2000
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    8,770

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    take it this hasn't been the ideal launch to fm2009 as yous have hoped Marc?
    Not one of my favourites no. Aim is to get everyone activated and then lets have a post mortem our end.

  99. #399
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Right Marc, new problem I think!

    I got in (somehow, then tried to load my last game (didnt delete all files in the end) and it said 'Could not load save game' then booted me out of the game and I now cant get back in to the game as it has not appeared as a shortcut OR in my programs?

    Cheers (AGAIN!) :P

  100. #400
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Sorry Mark, but i'm having similar problems, installed game via Steam, then recieved error:graphics set failed as with a few others on here, followed the link you gave to microsoft website to download sdk, and now whenever i boot the game up it says fm:exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close!
    Then i followed the lnik back to microsoft to install the dot Net framework and it STILL doesn't work!
    I've updated all my drivers as well!
    What do i do next!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 54 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts