Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Default Known issues and solutions - FAQ

This post lists all current known issues and their solutions. If you have an issue not listed please post here and we will attempt to get you up and running. Please note that this thread will be moderated tightly and any stray posts or abuse will be removed.

FOOTBALL MANAGER 09 – FAQ GUIDE

Please read the information below, the suggestions have been confirmed as fixing the issues you are experiencing.

I own a MAC – what’s the problem?

Mac users have nothing to worry about there is no activation on the game for MAC users, just the normal disc check. Mac Book Air users will need an external Optical drive in order to play – we are currently looking into options for this.

ALL USERS PLEASE DO THIS FIRST

Please check the ‘Football_Manager_2009_InstallLog.log’ located in ‘C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009’ and report any errors. If you do have errors can you please also report where you purchased the game from.

When I try to activate, it says I'm not connected to the internet / other activation problems

We have created a small activator script that should help anybody having trouble activating the game online.

Step 1 – Download the activator from http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv2.zip

Step 2 – Unzip the contents of the activator to your desktop.

Step 3 – Double click the activate.vbs file. Note the screen shot below.

Step 4 – Next you will see a dialog box prompting you for your license key.

Step 5 – Enter your license key into the dialog. Remember – to check your key at http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

Step 6 – Press OK - then wait 30-60 seconds and you will receive a second message. If you are successful – the message will read:

If you get this message, open the game and run it.

If the activation fails, the message will read something like:

The number in this message will help us understand the problem. For example, In this case the number -1003 indicates that your license key. If the error is -1003 enter your license key into the form at: http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com

If it is something besides -1003, please send Muzchap or JMordetsky a PM and they will do their best to help!

I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

Fix: The error 10 is related to not being able see the server correctly; this could be due to a firewall blockage or ‘proxy’ issue. We are investigating further, but do have a workaround – please can you call one of the Customer Services numbers below and an Operator will talk you through activation:

UK* - 0871 010 8002
    FR - 08 20 37 61 58
    All other number for support and their territories can be found here:
    http://www.sega.co.uk/support/

I’ve installed the game where are the files located?

Fix:C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

You are receiving a [-703] error:We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

Phone activation fails - Drops out after 3rd key issue

Fix: This happens because the original key entered was incorrect and the phone line cannot validate the request. Please recheck the original 26 character key entered, you should validate your key (if possible) via the following URL: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

You are receiving an Error [-821]

Scenario: Install and activate with activation code on Steam and it works then launch the game, SoftAnchor asking to re-enter activation code.

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error [-51] / [-52] message

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Note: If the above does not fix it – please check the following:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
    • Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!

To check if a file or folder is read only, please right click the folder and select ‘Properties’ from the dropdown, you should the see a box at the bottom called Attributes – please ensure this is unticked or does not have a green square inside.
    • Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - the user should check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

To do this you need to open Task Manager (right click TaskBar, or CTRL+ALT+DEL), sort the Image Name column by clicking on it and identifying if Activator.exe or FM.exe are running. If they are highlight and click ‘End Task’

You launch the game via Steam and nothing happens

Please raise a support ticket at the Valve website: https://support.steampowered.com/

When launching the game you receive the following Error: “FM.exe application error. The application has failed to initialize correctly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to stop the application.

Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

Fix:
    1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game
    2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog
    3) Select the “Online” activation
    4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

I installed through Steam and cannot start the game or create a shortcut, or running without Steam being active

Fix: If installed via Steam, you can find the game executable (exe) at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

If you double click this the game will launch, you can also create a shortcut to this location on your desktop.

I installed through Steam and I can't find my Data Editor Or Resource Archiver.
    These are both located in the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

I installed through Steam and now I get an annoying block of colour on my screen (bottom right hand corner)

Fix: In steam click the icon "settings", click the tab "in game" and untick the "enable steam community" and voila

You receive an error when trying to install the Patch - digital signature issue (Vista)

Fix:
    1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to cmd.exe (if you don’t know how to see guide below)
    2. Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator
    3. When the command window opens, type or paste the following and press ENTER:
    Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON
    4. Reboot and then try installing the driver.
    Quick Guide to Creating a shortcut:
    1. Right click on an empty space on the desktop to open the context menu
    2. Select New
    3. Select Shortcut with a left-click
    4. In the location box type cmd /k Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON 5. Select Next
    6. Name your shortcut and push Finish

You are receiving the error: ‘FM2009 could not run as ‘facegen’ was unable to initialize!’
    Fix: Please install the Patch, and ensure your graphics drivers are up to date
    You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
    Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009
    http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    • If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Temporary fixes for users having their game freezing

One solution to this is playing the game in Windowed Mode. Instructions on how to setup the game in windowed mode can be found in another thread:
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64936

Another solution could be to turn off stadiums and shadows.
    Last edited by Andy Wilson; 21-11-2008 at 18:31.

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.

Amateur

I have tried your solution of downlaoding directx SDK and it takes hours to download.
    Mine got half way through and just stopped. Is there any way of making it download quicker and any ideas why it might hav just stopped??
    Need help desperate to play the game.
    Thnks
    Last edited by jordan_0689; 15-11-2008 at 17:00. Reason: wasnt finished

Amateur

@bcooper: I got it freely because i`m a german researcher. I tried the UK-number and it worked, but after the 3rd code the voice said, that they were unable to activate the game. i tried it again and again but mostly the voice told me numbers, which didn´t work.

Amateur

Here is my problem:

When I type in my keycode at http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ I get this message

Unable to find your key.

muzchap was supposed to help me so I emailed him a jpeg of my keycode but that was over five hours ago and still no reply. Is there anyone else on the SI-team that can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by jordan_0689 View Post
    I have tried your solution of downlaoding directx SDK and it takes hours to download.
    Mine got half way through and just stopped. Is there any way of making it download quicker and any ideas why it might hav just stopped??
    Need help desperate to play the game.
    Thnks
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Program...ment-Kit.shtml

Amateur

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.
    I am running windows vista

Lurker

Hi. I still get the same problem as I did on the demo. When I click submit team the game freezes. I have the game on steam and therefore have the patch. Has this problem been solved with the patch or do I still have to run the game in windowed mode.

Cheers in advance

Amateur

i am still getting the cannot connect error even though i have tried all the different solutions!!

Any help please???

Amateur

I also tried activating over the phone, but got the same problem as 'chelito'

Amateur

marc it works

Amateur

everything goes fine on softanchor until I enter my code and it tells me I have a error 51 - how do I fix this?

and i've checked my code on the checker and what i insert is whats on the back of the book.

After this i tried phone activation - annoying electronic woman said 'your product is unlocked' or whatever but as soon as you put the 3rd auth code in the proramme goes to 'not responding' so now i'm back to square one and the cost of a phone call down aswell.

fixing the 51 error?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chelito View Post
    @bcooper: I got it freely because i`m a german researcher. I tried the UK-number and it worked, but after the 3rd code the voice said, that they were unable to activate the game. i tried it again and again but mostly the voice told me numbers, which didn´t work.
    For the number off the back of your manual, did you type all the letters in capitals? Try that, if you didn't.

Amateur

iam still getting 703 error!!!ive pasted the code form your website........ive tried lots of combinations and pressed back and next for hours......please can i have some help??

Amateur

I get the "this passcode is already in use" message everytime I click on the icon on my desktop, the authenticate box comes up and then I enter the code (it successfully registered once before via steam) and the message comes up that I have already activated the game. I am yet to play the game despite buying it yesterday!

Please help

Thanks a lot gus

Amateur

I registered and downloaded FM09 yesterday. Everything went OK. Then I wanted to start the game. I did. I saw the advertisements of War Child, against racism, etc. Then I saw all the license information about country's, logo's, club's etc. and then the game stopped and I got a warning message:

"Facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise. Please check log file for details."

So I can't start a new game. I haven't seen that screen yet....
    I looks like the game is running at the background (as a proces) but I can't see it.

Hopefully somebody knows what to do.

(it doesn't matter if the solution unables me to see player pictures and/or 3D view, because I would not activate them anyway).

Kind regards from The Netherlands!

Amateur

What speed shpuld the game download its really slow on steam its at 60 - 80 kbs

Amateur

On startup the fm.exe crashes, the following is in the "Send error..."

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.26064 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.1.0.26064 Offset: 00e5dbce

Latest version of Direct X 9, November, is installed, latest Java 1.0.6 u10 is installed.

Cheers
    Stedders

Amateur

i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    what do i do

Amateur

Any ideas of a list of Mac patch fixes. Will the right click bug and 3D graphic setting problem (where medium and high detail are grayed out) be fixed?

Amateur

what is the differnce in downloading from this site?
    It still predicts to take at least 3 hours?? Should it take that long?
    your help is being appreciated
    Last edited by jordan_0689; 15-11-2008 at 17:18. Reason: forgot one part

Amateur

Any one else have this problem?
    It activates on Soft Anchor, I click "OK" then nothing happens.
    I then double click FM.exe again and get the Soft Anchor screen, again with the tiral over message, put in my code, successful activation then nothing again - repeat for ever.
    Win XP steam of Unilock no difference.

Solutions?

Amateur

Marc,
    the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down

Amateur

is anyone getting a green box in the bottom right hand of the screen that will not go away???

Amateur

Angry Re: Mac patch delayed

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Yes that is right
    @ Marc Duffy: Do you think it's possible that the mac-patch will be delayed again?
    Because from your replies I (and I think we all) got the impression that it's just a matter of getting the clearance to host it online?

Or is my impression nothing but a stack of hopes and isn't it 100% finished and tested?

I hope you're answer will be honest so we won't be too disappointed... again.

keywords: fm, mac, disappointed, again..

Amateur

I installed FM09 yesterday and used the "activate with Steam" option in the installer. Once registered to my steam account the game installed from my DVD. Upon first start I was prompted to activate the product, and after a while I was successful. Restarted the game today and was again prompted to activate the product.

After reading on the forums I decided to reinstall the game as the administrator (Im using Vista) but selecting the other activation option. Game installed and first start prompts the screen to activate the product. When I enter my code I get this error:

"The activation code is already in use. Go to the following address to buy an activation code." (translated from Swedish)

What should I do?

Amateur

Anyone else having problems with typing on the game? Whenever I type one letter two come up on the screen? Really poor.

Amateur

I downloaded the SDK thing and it tries to load but all i get is a black screen with the loading sign flickering for about 10mins, then it closes.

Amateur

Once i get to the softanchor page, i paste the code in and click next and it sits like this for ages... Does nothing! Help please?!

Amateur

mine activated last night but now everytime i try to launch a window comes up saying:

Cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system

What does this mean?

I cannot find an uninstall fucntion anywhere either to restart the process, there is a uninstall folder that has no file in.

any help would be appreciated.

Amateur

hey guys, i posted in another thread but i cant seem to find it now .. ive recently reformatted my computer and installed fm08 back onto it, but when i launch the game, the screen is white and stays white until i get to the screen where the main menu usually is, then all i can see if something like 'load last game' in grey writing, any ideas on how to solve this?

Cheers
    Luke

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by yckoj View Post
    Here is my problem:

When I type in my keycode at http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ I get this message

Unable to find your key.

muzchap was supposed to help me so I emailed him a jpeg of my keycode but that was over five hours ago and still no reply. Is there anyone else on the SI-team that can help me?
    Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Amateur

still being told that license key lookup is 'unable to find key'

have no '0's but have seven '1/i's and have tried putting all '1's and all 'i's and a mixture of the two...

Amateur

still being told that license key lookup is 'unable to find key'

have no '0's but have seven '1/i's and have tried putting all '1's and all 'i's and a mixture of the two...

Amateur

the website u suggested is asking for a username and password

Amateur

I still cannot activate mine over the phone. I'm getting further than last night, but the stupid automated voice keeps telling me at various stages that my key is invalid, even though I'm typing in exactly what is on screen.

My original activation key keeps changing as well each time I try to load the game? Should this be happening?

Amateur

My disc wont work in my DVD drive like a few others on the forums so I activated through Steam and Downloaded. The game loads up fine and I set my self up with a career. Everything is fine till I try to look at a teams Information screen and then the game locks up and no longer responds. Anybody else get this?

Amateur

Dataeditor:

Found the data editor but i get the following message:

"this applicationhas failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

Any suggestions anyone?

Amateur

Finally............................... Im playing the game. Thanku

Amateur

i keep getting fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience up every time i try to start it

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by derekg49 View Post
    Any one else have this problem?
    It activates on Soft Anchor, I click "OK" then nothing happens.
    I then double click FM.exe again and get the Soft Anchor screen, again with the tiral over message, put in my code, successful activation then nothing again - repeat for ever.
    Win XP steam of Unilock no difference.

Solutions?
    This is the exact problem i have (get authenticated then...nothing running on XP etc) - i am going to try uninstalling and re-installing fm from steam and will let you know what happens, if you find a way past this problem please let me know!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin View Post
    Dataeditor:

Found the data editor but i get the following message:

"this applicationhas failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

Any suggestions anyone?
    I would very, very much appreciate a response from SI on this too.

Lurker

Default Help

Activated my fm09 game using steam , but it is not installed on my computer when i put the disk in it will not load , dont have a clue what to do ????

Amateur

The only issue I'm getting is that during the game the screen goes black and the title bar says not responding and then the game resumes after a few seconds.
    It not stopping me play the game but it's just slightly annoying.

Amateur

I'm still getting the "Application was unable to connect"

Ive so many diffrent things to try get it to work and still no sucess.

Tried connecting well over 300 times and always get the no connection crap.

Its funny because you can download the game just now from a torrent and play it straight away OR pay £25 and not be able to play it.

Come on seriously thing problem should be fixed already.

Amateur

my fm doesnt work, as soon as i press goto match it just freezes and keeps freezing... its really annoying, please can someone tell me what to do otherwise im just gonna go get my money back and never buy another FM ever again!

Amateur

can someone help me i want to uninstall this game to try reinstall it due to try to remove this annoying box in the bottom of the screen

Amateur

Still an issue with UK phone activation? Tried twice just now and still getting cut off after the 3rd activation key input (message being that my product key code is invalid). I've used the key software to determine the code from 0's and o's etc.

Any news/ideas?

Thanks

Amateur

I am not sure what is happening I can only load the game through steam, and then it locks up, when i try to load my saved game, I do not appear to have the game on any of my drives, I have paid for this and would like to be able to load the game from the icon and have it on my pc somewhere.

Amateur

I bought and successfully installed fm.
    i was playing for a bit then i saved the game and turned off my laptop.
    when i tried 2 open fm back up it said it could not open the saved game.
    so i started a new game thinking it was a once off.
    however i got the same problem as before
    so i uninstalled fm
    but now i cant install it again
    my laptop wont even recognise the disk

why are so many people having problems? why was this game released when it clearly wsnt ready? why have they chosen to use "steam" to open the game?

totally given up. waste of £28

Amateur

my game installed fine, as did the patch. when i go to open fm09 though it says 'failed to install graphic system'. is this the thing that the direct x SDK is meant to fix? i would like to be sure before downloading such a big file.

can anyone confirm please?

Amateur

its doing my head in if i dont get help soon i will take it back and never buy any of them again

Amateur

im a vista user and none of this is on my computer program data???? i have program files and i dont have football manger 2009 certificate
    help me please otherwise this is the last £30 you ever gt out of me

Reserves

ive playing the game. took me about 12 hours to finally do this. but now while im playing the game the in game mouse is flikering. anybody know what to do. don`t say unistall and try again. it took me ages to install the game itself. lol. help please.

Reserves

yes if you download the sdk thing it should work for you. it did on mine. it took about 10mins to download. hope this helps.
    Last edited by craigcwwe; 15-11-2008 at 18:15.

Amateur

I still have not had my problem helped.

I have to activate through the phone because of no internet connection on my computer in my room (I am currently on laptop). I have 'succesfully' activated the game 4 times over the phone but everytime I try to load the game the softanchor screen comes up again wanting me to activate the game.

I have already tried deleting the certificates then trying again and I have also tried un-installing then doing it again but no luck. Can someone please offer a solution as I am really desperate to play the game.

Lurker

apparently i need a new code, it says to go to sigames.com to get it but theres no sign of anywhere to get one from, help! im into my 10th hour of attempted installs and getting sick of it!

Amateur

iv been trying since 9am 14th november up until now im sick and tired of it and i will be contacting watchdog about this so many people have been conned out of £30 and its just not on especially as there is no help line as there on a weekend break NICE ONE SEGA

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cartmen1988 View Post
    can someone help me i want to uninstall this game to try reinstall it due to try to remove this annoying box in the bottom of the screen
    I had this, go to steam The Steam Community, then settings, then in game and then untick Enable steam commuy in game. Enjoy

Amateur

Ok, I'm giving this another try.
    Heres the status:
    - I have installed it on my desktop without being asked for any code
    - I can't install it on my laptop because Softanchor says that my code is already activated
    - If I change the code to lower case, Softanchor tells me that activation was successful. But when I try to run the game, it once again asks me for the code
    - I have tried phone activation, and it gave the same results as mentioned above; appears to work, but Softanchor keeps asking me for the code.
    - I have tried all the solutions posted here
    Thanks for your help.

Amateur

IS anyone gnna help solve some problems on this forum???It says at the top that there would be helped but have heard no responses for an hour and a half!?

Amateur

I play two games then a message saying "Array Access Out Of Bounds" comes up the the game dissappears, i try to launch it again but it says it is already running. Help me please !!!!!

Amateur

i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    what do i do

Amateur

error: [-819] help for gods sake
    the game is installed and theres a desktop icon
    but softanchor wont accept keeps giving me this error over and over again
    HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PLZZZZZZZZZ

Amateur

ps does anyone have an phone number and a good email address to get in contact with someone.
    come on fm2009 fans lets leave and go champman or something.

Amateur

Having everyone's problems in the same group is a great idea and everything, but any chance of some of us getting some answers. This is getting ridiculous.

Amateur

Is anyone from SI on looking at this? I am really not happy, how do I get my money back from steam, I just want to play a game.

Amateur

if we all report out ourslefs i wounder what would happen?

Amateur

si are all nobs

Reserves

any help on the in game flickering mouse. by cance have any of you tried downloading the microsoft SDK thing. it worked for me.

Amateur

Thumbs down Re: Known issues and solutions

i think theyve gone.......this is ridiculous.....ive crossed the 24 hour mark of trying

Amateur

i am still getting the application was unable to connect to internet, please check your connection, this occurs even after installing the certificate as per the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568, i have tried stopping my firewall but this does not allow it to work!

Any ideas?

Amateur

0141 2721113 leave a message

Amateur

Hi Marc,

I spoke to you this morning about the following error message on Steam: 'The Game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time'. Could you let me know if you've had any news on this as it's happening again this evening.

As a reminder, my game has been activated, I've even had a limited amount of playing time, so this is particularly frustrating. If my playing time is always going to be at the mercy of Steam then I have to confess I'm far from happy.

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Sorry if this has already been talked about in other threads, i did try to look round for someone having the same problem as me but there are by far too many posts to go through!

ANYWAY, i acctivated the game (finally) and began to play the game. After a quick scouting mission i began my 1st match. Worked out fine, after another big scouting mission i started my 2nd game. Although when it was loading fm closed down and come up with this message:

"This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

It was too late to do so, so just turned it off and would try again in the morning.

Re-installed it this mornin and it worked fine until after my 1st game. The same message come up.

Would appreciate it if someone could help asap.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by lawson1414 View Post
    I bought and successfully installed fm.
    i was playing for a bit then i saved the game and turned off my laptop.
    when i tried 2 open fm back up it said it could not open the saved game.
    so i started a new game thinking it was a once off.
    however i got the same problem as before
    so i uninstalled fm
    but now i cant install it again
    my laptop wont even recognise the disk

why are so many people having problems? why was this game released when it clearly wsnt ready? why have they chosen to use "steam" to open the game?

totally given up. waste of £28
    I had this exact same problem but finally got round it. After losing patience with steam and uninstalling everything, my FM09 disc wouldn't run, but I got around this by using explorer to find the setup.exe file on the disc (not the one in the root folder - it's in \Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM\). This worked fine and I was very careful not to select the steam option second time around! All working fine now : D

Amateur

This is excruiating.

I've went through the phone activation and it was apparently successful. However, nothing happens and the game does not launch. I double click the game to start it and lo and behold I presented with the Soft Anchor phone activation screen again. Unbelievable.

I used my mobile for the phone activation so it has cost me money and I've got absolutely nothing but extra frustration. Where do Sega and SI get off with wasting people's time and money with this phone activation and not deliver anything? Is this legal?

What is happening here? This is truly unacceptable. Like a lot of people I've been faffing about most of the day with this. All I want to is play the game that I have purchased. What I am meant to do with a laptop that has no internet and a phone activation that says its successful but isn't?

Amateur

thanks wrks now

Amateur

I am genuinely sorry for you people who have paid their hard-earned to be let down. I still cant get Demo going yet. Let me know when its safe to buy

Amateur

This post lists all current known issues and their solutions. If you have an issue not listed please post here and we will attempt to get you up and running. Please note that this thread will be moderated tightly and any stray posts or abuse will be removed.

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

4) Delete all content
    5) Reboot the machine
    6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/
    Error 703

This issue should no longer be appearing. If you do encounter the error please try again

Error 821

It shouldn't happen to first time activators. If encountered the solution is to delete the XP or Vista directories:

And reactivate.

"Application was unable to connect"

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

The "cannot connect" error will also occur if the server is saturated. This shouldn't occur moving forward, but it is worth adding that if the certificate on the computer is okay, attempting to activate again in a few moments might help.
    Still looking for a solution to ERROR -1003, you made any progress with it yet?

thanks

Amateur

Rob43, the best advice is avoid this game altogether. Life is too short. It would be easier getting in touch with Barack Obama than it is to get this game working. I just wish I could turn time back 9 hours and not have went into Game this morning. Just as well I don't have a cat or dog.

Lurker

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

I have been trying to install my copy since 10:30 this morning, still no luck. I have tried everything I can find on these sites but I am still getting the message 'cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system'. Wot is wrong with my laptop? I have been on Microsoft to try to download Direct x update but am unable to do this also. Will this work if I can get it? Or do I need to try something else. Shall I download the patch and then install the game? My laptop is decent and covers all specifications required as far as I am aware. Does anyone know any other ways of helping me?

I just wanna play foot man and finally have some joy with Leeds, especially after todays result!!!

Amateur

still getting...

"This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key please visit www.sigames.com"

Still have'nt heard anything on this one has anyone found a way round it????

Amateur

ive just downloaded fm9 via disk through steam it all loaded fine then as i went to launch it i got a message saying "cannot run game failed to set up grafics system" any help before i go crazy

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy5 View Post
    I have been trying to install my copy since 10:30 this morning, still no luck. I have tried everything I can find on these sites but I am still getting the message 'cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system'. Wot is wrong with my laptop? I have been on Microsoft to try to download Direct x update but am unable to do this also. Will this work if I can get it? Or do I need to try something else. Shall I download the patch and then install the game? My laptop is decent and covers all specifications required as far as I am aware. Does anyone know any other ways of helping me?

I just wanna play foot man and finally have some joy with Leeds, especially after todays result!!!
    The answer to your problem lies in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonstigator View Post
    Still looking for a solution to ERROR -1003, you made any progress with it yet?

thanks

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Amateur

Any chance of someone helping my problem. Post 76 on this thread

Cheers

Amateur

Right I have tried to upload FM09 through steam and last night I had the main problems that everyone had with the code and online activation.

I am not really that computer savvy to be honest, and although it says FM09 is 100% ready to play when I clck "launch" I get a pop up saying :

cannot run game: failed to set up graphic system

so I take it this would be something wrong with my computer can anyone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1nGraham View Post
    i am still getting the application was unable to connect to internet, please check your connection, this occurs even after installing the certificate as per the thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568, i have tried stopping my firewall but this does not allow it to work!

Any ideas?
    Fix:

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

4) Press Next

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

Amateur

I still can not activate my game as it keeps saying that they are unable to connect this has been happening for 36 hours now! Is this still the same for everyone else too and is this still because the server is busy?

Please Please can someone help?!

Quote Originally Posted by judasholmes View Post
    i think theyve gone.......this is ridiculous.....ive crossed the 24 hour mark of trying
    Gone where? We're still here trying to get people going.

Amateur

I only have two O/0 and 1 I/7 in my keycode so ive tried every combination possible and the link is still unable to find my key. Ive tried both capital and lower cases. Anything else I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by TheG8One89 View Post
    I still can not activate my game as it keeps saying that they are unable to connect this has been happening for 36 hours now! Is this still the same for everyone else too and is this still because the server is busy?

Please Please can someone help?!
    Fix:

7) Press “Browse”

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

From here –

4) Press Next

Quote Originally Posted by Booker T View Post
    I only have two O/0 and 1 I/7 in my keycode so ive tried every combination possible and the link is still unable to find my key. Ive tried both capital and lower cases. Anything else I can do?
    Can you please send me a JPG of your manual back cover so I can see your code. My email address is marc.duffy@sigames.com

Amateur

I get this message:

CANNOT RUN GAME: FAILED TO SET-UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM

I have uninstalled and re-instlalled 3 times using both steam and the other 1 and still get the same.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Amateur

Hi I'm still getting Error -51. I have tried your solution of uninstalling the game, and then rebooting, installing and then activating, but still getting the same error. When i get the error i click back and then next again and the screen gets stuck on the initialising page.
    I am running windows vista

Quote Originally Posted by FM mad View Post
    Sorry if this has already been talked about in other threads, i did try to look round for someone having the same problem as me but there are by far too many posts to go through!

ANYWAY, i acctivated the game (finally) and began to play the game. After a quick scouting mission i began my 1st match. Worked out fine, after another big scouting mission i started my 2nd game. Although when it was loading fm closed down and come up with this message:

"This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

It was too late to do so, so just turned it off and would try again in the morning.

Re-installed it this mornin and it worked fine until after my 1st game. The same message come up.

Would appreciate it if someone could help asap.
    For some reason, you are missing a DLL. I can supply this to you if you email me marc.duffy@sigames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_bubs View Post
    I get this message:

CANNOT RUN GAME: FAILED TO SET-UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM

I have uninstalled and re-instlalled 3 times using both steam and the other 1 and still get the same.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Amateur

Unhappy Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Quote Originally Posted by wanchope View Post
    Rob43, the best advice is avoid this game altogether. Life is too short. It would be easier getting in touch with Barack Obama than it is to get this game working. I just wish I could turn time back 9 hours and not have went into Game this morning. Just as well I don't have a cat or dog.
    I feel your pain brother

Amateur

Can you please send me a JPG of your manual back cover so I can see your code. My email address is marc.duffy@sigames.com
    Mine was because of the date being out by a day, I feel so stupid......

Mark thanks for your time today, I appreciate things are messed up but the fact you are all here trying to help out still helps to lessen the sting somewhat.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 51 ... LastLast