Closed Thread
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,500 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi View Post
    So, correct me if I'm wrong when I say 'Football Manager 2009' is listed in your 'My Games' tab in Steam?

It is not listed in steam, i am at a complete loss.

Sports Interactive Bardi Golriz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by map5 View Post
    It is not listed in steam, i am at a complete loss.
    Could you download it from Steam? And, then use the product key you have to activate it.

Amateur

Could you download it from Steam? And, then use the product key you have to activate it.
    I can't see how to download it on steam without paying for it first?

Quote Originally Posted by map5 View Post
    I can't see how to download it on steam without paying for it first?
    Hmm in that case I think the only way to get around this is to choose the Steam install option when the installation wizard is running. But seeing as you can't get that to run, you have a problem that at the moment I've no solution for, unfortunately.

You did say you managed to get the FM 09 DVD to run fine on another machine, right?

Amateur

Hmm in that case I think the only way to get around this is to choose the Steam install option when the installation wizard is running. But seeing as you can't get that to run, you have a problem that at the moment I've no solution for, unfortunately.

You did say you managed to get the FM 09 DVD to run fine on another machine, right?
    Yeah, only 2 days ago. Looking like i may have to buy a new one - which sounds the easier option!

Thanks for your help Bardi.

Amateur

I got so sick to death of speniding about 15 hours non stop with entering all possible codes on softanchor after trying all combinations and even checking them for validity on the SI link to do so. i have uninstalled and tried to install via the internet option (uniloc?). i thought, after successful installation, i might be able to start playing the game again, having played for a good 3 weeks, prior to randomly getting the softanchor problems ( i mustve got all the problem codes possible), but when i executed the program, this came up:-

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

THE ERROR REPORT/SIGNATURE IS :

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00f13e5d

ON TOP OF WHICH, I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE SUGGESTED PROGRAM FROM MICROSOFT, BUT THAT CONFLICTS WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE (AN UPDATED VERSION).

. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    Last edited by Reecewickers; 16-01-2009 at 18:48.

Third Team

Have you downloaded the patch?

Amateur

Hi im on mac and before I installed the new patch the 3D pitch was fine however now after I have installed the new patch it is very stop and start! Why is this like it now? And how do i fix it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1970 View Post
    Have carried out full uninstall, removed certificates etc.
    Re-install the game, down loaded patch 2.
    Now receice HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.
    Anybody any ideas? It would be much appreciated.
    I would love to be playing the game by the weekend?
    Note: did not state which weekend, but prefered year is 09.
    Cheers
    Will there be much chance of any reply by the weekend

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by srose74 View Post
    I can't seem to find an answer to my question in the search so I'll try here. I created a 9.1 database and have steam that has updated to 9.2 (and also have Worldwide Soccer Manager if that makes a difference). I was having problems with the game freezing my entire computer and defragmented in steam and re-entered my activation code. Now any time I try to load the game, I get : "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml" and the game won't run. Any ideas?
    I have tried doing what other .xml problems I see in this forum. It has made it so I can't even proceed with the game once I launch it in Steam. Now I get "wsm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have removed the database from the C: I'm using as well.

Help.

Amateur

In that case, please attempt a full manual un-install/re-install as instructed on http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3785.
    Worked a treat....many many thanks
    Chris

Amateur

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

I've re-checked the DXDIAG information you had originally posted - may I ask if I requested/forwarded you to update your graphic drivers? If not, they're found at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ional&lang=eng.
    Hi ive triedtoupdate my graphic drivers but at the end of the install it comes up with an error box saying ' the driver installed is not validated for this computer.Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturers. Setup will exit'

What shoud i do now?

Thanks for your help so far!

Semi Pro

You've installed the wrong drivers - find the right ones and install them.

Amateur

I had error [-821] and so i downloaded the launcher.exe file and was able to open it. I then checked my product key using http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/. But then when i typed the correct key into the box provided in the launcher.exe file i received an error message. It read:

'Activation failed with error: -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.'

What is wrong?
    Last edited by chizzola; 17-01-2009 at 17:06.

After installing my game i get this message

"The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details"

I dont have a shortcut on my desktop,and the one in the games file on vist just takes me to my saved games folder!

I can get a game going but as soon as i take charge of my first game it crashes!

Summary
    -------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

And i bought the game 5 days ago from Game

Amateur

please help, i get this error message when I try to loas mu save game. XML PARSING ERROR! " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml.

Then when I clicked ok a next box comes up " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - unit testing timings.xml. and it wont go away unless I go to Windows Task Manager and end task. please help ASAP.

Amateur

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier.

I've re-checked the DXDIAG information you had originally posted - may I ask if I requested/forwarded you to update your graphic drivers? If not, they're found at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ional&lang=eng.
    I followed the link but it was for the desktop version chipset. I think i found the one relating to the laptop version but it wasnt the same download because the computer didnt know what to open the program with so i tried to extract it using winrar to C:\drivers\system. It still didnt work. Did I download the right file?Did I extract it to the right place?

Amateur

I have a problem..........After install, download from Steam then launch.The message stated "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml" and "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-unit testing timings.xml". No more game since then. Any suggestion?.

Part-Timer

Help! My game has begun to crash again, after a while of being all right. I have looked through the forum and found the DirectxSDK suggestion. I have downloaded it but when I come to install it, I am asked the following. "Type in the location where you want to place the extracted file". I haven't got any idea what I am supposed to type in. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to type in, please? Kind regards.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Have you downloaded the patch?
    Yes, i downloaded it before i started having problems .

Amateur

I got this game in early December and have been trying to run it without success, message is:

You are receiving a [-703] error: ‘We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com’

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

So how many times do I keep trying, is the server busy after approximately 200 attempts in December and a number today after returning from holidays.

Not good enough guys, please assist.

Cheers

Danie

Amateur

can't run windowed mode, and ive tried the '-windowed -small_screen add on' any suggestions?

Amateur

how do i transfer my saved game and patches to my new laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by twist-of-fate View Post
    how do i transfer my saved game and patches to my new laptop?
    just copy and paste them onto a memory stick/ipod etc and then paste them onto your new laptop

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    Hiya....i am getting a constant problem that when i try to launch the game a message from steam appears saying

"THE GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
    PLEASE TRY AGAIN ANOTHER TIME"

I have been on the steam support website and attempted to resolve the issue but none of the advice given is working....please help?!

Thanks, Adam

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMunchLoyal View Post
    just copy and paste them onto a memory stick/ipod etc and then paste them onto your new laptop
    could i just put them on a cd??

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by twist-of-fate View Post
    could i just put them on a cd??
    You could

Amateur

Come on S.I., don;t let my patience run out. Kapish!!!

POST 4416.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    I am getting the -51 error and i have tried uninstalling the game few times but doesn't recognise my keycode. WHat else can i do? Have tried the thread several times and nothing. Do i need a new code?

Quote Originally Posted by Reecewickers View Post
    I got so sick to death of speniding about 15 hours non stop with entering all possible codes on softanchor after trying all combinations and even checking them for validity on the SI link to do so. i have uninstalled and tried to install via the internet option (uniloc?). i thought, after successful installation, i might be able to start playing the game again, having played for a good 3 weeks, prior to randomly getting the softanchor problems ( i mustve got all the problem codes possible), but when i executed the program, this came up:-

"fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

THE ERROR REPORT/SIGNATURE IS :

ON TOP OF WHICH, I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE SUGGESTED PROGRAM FROM MICROSOFT, BUT THAT CONFLICTS WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE (AN UPDATED VERSION).

. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Are you sure you have successfully installed the patch?

The reason I ask is because the following..

.. suggests the FM.exe you're attempting to run has not been patched (not even to 9.1.0).

You may want to try running the patch installer again, and see what it says your current version of FM 09 is.

Will there be much chance of any reply by the weekend
    Hey Roy,

I've checked back your history of posts related to your problems, and noticed you've stated that you've updated your DirectX - could you please confirm that by that you meant you have downloaded its SDK as found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...isplaylang=en?

And you went on to say that the game loads okay but then it proceeds to crash - could you please clarify at exactly what moment it crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by srose74 View Post
    I have tried doing what other .xml problems I see in this forum. It has made it so I can't even proceed with the game once I launch it in Steam. Now I get "wsm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have removed the database from the C: I'm using as well.

Help.
    Did this include performing http://community.sigames.com/showpos...&postcount=20? ('Football Manager 2009' should be replaced with 'Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009')

Quote Originally Posted by Redshoesfc View Post
    Hi ive triedtoupdate my graphic drivers but at the end of the install it comes up with an error box saying ' the driver installed is not validated for this computer.Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computers manufacturers. Setup will exit'

What shoud i do now?

Thanks for your help so far!
    In that case, could you go to http://support.euro.dell.com/support...=uk&l=en&s=gen and locate them yourself from there?

Quote Originally Posted by chizzola View Post
    I had error [-821] and so i downloaded the launcher.exe file and was able to open it. I then checked my product key using http://keycheck.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/. But then when i typed the correct key into the box provided in the launcher.exe file i received an error message. It read:

'Activation failed with error: -819. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.'

What is wrong?
    Can you please confirm that the launcher.exe you're referring to is the one located at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715?

After installing my game i get this message

"The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details"

I dont have a shortcut on my desktop,and the one in the games file on vist just takes me to my saved games folder!

I can get a game going but as soon as i take charge of my first game it crashes!

Summary
    -------

Installation: Successfulwith errors.

1587 Successes
    0 Warnings
    1 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

And i bought the game 5 days ago from Game
    Have you downloaded the 9.2.0 patch?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=82282

Quote Originally Posted by kingg1st View Post
    please help, i get this error message when I try to loas mu save game. XML PARSING ERROR! " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml.

Then when I clicked ok a next box comes up " not well informed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel - unit testing timings.xml. and it wont go away unless I go to Windows Task Manager and end task. please help ASAP.
    Try deleting your cache.

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

Mac OSX
    1. Open Finder.
    2. Select
    3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
    4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=74469

Quote Originally Posted by lintmill View Post
    I have a problem..........After install, download from Steam then launch.The message stated "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-FACEGEN_CHANNEL.xml" and "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of channel-unit testing timings.xml". No more game since then. Any suggestion?.
    Please look at my above reply as it applies to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danie P View Post
    I got this game in early December and have been trying to run it without success, message is:

You are receiving a [-703] error: ‘We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key please visit sigames.com’

Fix: This indicates that the server is busy and has been unable to fulfill your request, please do keep trying, it will authenticate.

So how many times do I keep trying, is the server busy after approximately 200 attempts in December and a number today after returning from holidays.

Not good enough guys, please assist.

Cheers

Danie
    Please follow the instructions listed at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie1967 View Post
    I am getting the -51 error and i have tried uninstalling the game few times but doesn't recognise my keycode. WHat else can i do? Have tried the thread several times and nothing. Do i need a new code?
    Please use the fix found at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshy's_Barmy_Army View Post
    Hiya....i am getting a constant problem that when i try to launch the game a message from steam appears saying

"THE GAME IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
    PLEASE TRY AGAIN ANOTHER TIME"

I have been on the steam support website and attempted to resolve the issue but none of the advice given is working....please help?!

Thanks, Adam
    Could you try re-installing it via Uniloc (as opposed to Steam)?

Amateur

Hey Roy,

I've checked back your history of posts related to your problems, and noticed you've stated that you've updated your DirectX - could you please confirm that by that you meant you have downloaded its SDK as found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...isplaylang=en?

And you went on to say that the game loads okay but then it proceeds to crash - could you please clarify at exactly what moment it crashes?
    Hi there, yes have updated both Direct X and SDK.
    Have completly unistalled game and reinstalled via uniloc and steam with no errors.
    When i click the FM2009 icon, receive "Football Manager has stopped working"
    and now occasionaly receive HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Have contacted both nbrocky of SI, but no replie since 13/01 and SEGA (Dwain) again no reply since 15/01.

I have HP IQ510 TouchSmart running VISTA.

Amazing though my old Dell 810D running xp plays the game, although slowly.

Any help would be much apprceiated.
    Roy

Hi there, yes have updated both Direct X and SDK.
    Have completly unistalled game and reinstalled via uniloc and steam with no errors.
    When i click the FM2009 icon, receive "Football Manager has stopped working"
    and now occasionaly receive HOST PROCESS RUN DLL32 ERROR.

Have contacted both nbrocky of SI, but no replie since 13/01 and SEGA (Dwain) again no reply since 15/01.

I have HP IQ510 TouchSmart running VISTA.

Amazing though my old Dell 810D running xp plays the game, although slowly.

Any help would be much apprceiated.
    Roy
    1) Please update your .NET framework via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.

2) Can you let me know what your graphics card is?

Amateur

1) Please update your .NET framework via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.

2) Can you let me know what your graphics card is?
    I will update as soon as I get home.
    My graphics card is: 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce 9300M GS graphics card
    Thanks
    Roy

Thanks
    Roy
    Once you're home, please also check if you are missing the latest set of drivers for your aforementioned graphics card via http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us, if you haven't done so already.

Have you downloaded the 9.2.0 patch?

I have the patch,but this problem occurs when i install it to start with so how can the patch effect it since i need it to install properly the first time!

But i have ran the patch and i still get the same problems

I have the patch,but this problem occurs when i install it to start with so how can the patch effect it since i need it to install properly the first time!

But i have ran the patch and i still get the same problems
    Have you tried installing the game via Uniloc instead of Steam?

Amateur

Default Error 1003

Dear All,

I keep on receiving this message (invalid code) when finalising the instasllation. I tried all the procedures you suggested: both the fixv 3 and the keycheck page lead me to the same message: invalid code. Is there anything I could try before bringing the game back to the store I bought it at? I have a PC running Windows XP

Thanks, Christian

Amateur

One more question: is it normal that when launching the application via Uniloc (I tried the Steam one as well, but unsuccessfully) the only option available is to activate online? What happened to the phone activation?

Have you tried installing the game via Uniloc instead of Steam?
    Uniloc is the only way i have been trying to install it!

Uniloc is the only way i have been trying to install it!
    I'm sorry - I meant the other way around i.e. using Steam and not Uniloc.

Default Re: Error 1003

Quote Originally Posted by assogba View Post
    Dear All,

I keep on receiving this message (invalid code) when finalising the instasllation. I tried all the procedures you suggested: both the fixv 3 and the keycheck page lead me to the same message: invalid code. Is there anything I could try before bringing the game back to the store I bought it at? I have a PC running Windows XP

Thanks, Christian
    Unfortunately, in your case the best piece of advice I can give you is to email the error code at errors@uniloc.com and they will continue to try and help you.

Default Re: Error 1003

Dear All,

Thanks, Christian
    As a last ditch attempt, you could also try performing a full manual un-install (http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3785), running the fix, re-installing, re-activating.

Amateur

Failed again, 1003 again...Apparently i bought a game and no one can assist me.

I paid 50 euros and cannot even install ,a friend of mine has a cracked version and plays...a weird way to contrast piracy and motivate people to purchase original copies...

Christian

Amateur

I have the ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system come up & I've downloaded the fix but whenever I try to install it, it crashes the computer, so I can't install it.

Is there anything else I could try?

Amateur

Since the 15th January I have had this problem now....please help!

I have windows vista. I was lucky enough to have had it installed from day one and had no problems since. I went to lauch FM09 last Thursday through steam and got the message:

"SI Activator has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

It then takes me to the SoftKey activation screen, I re-enter my code and get the message:

"Football manager 2009 has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This problem continually happens no matter how much I try it. I was advised to load Fix 2 it didn't work. I was advised to load Fix 3 and once again that didn't work either!!!

I have un-installed FM09, Steam and reinstalled them all. I have reinstalled Windows Vista and restored my laptop to factory settings. None of this worked.

I then read the post to delete the cache. This seemed to have worked and I managed to load up Football Manager 2009. I then went to download the Patch 9.20 since I have done this I get the very same messages I started with and STILL can't launch the game!!!!!

Other people are experiencing this problem aswell!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Amateur

Thanks
    Roy
    Many Thanks SI, I now have game running:
    For Info if any body receives the following:
    [Main Instruction]
    Football Manager 2009 has stopped working
    [Content]
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Install all drivers specificed by SI/SEGA, update your Graphics Card (If using Vista, and a touch screen turn of all systems in background via personnal settings)

Roy
    Last edited by Roy1970; 20-01-2009 at 10:00. Reason: Addtion

Failed again, 1003 again...Apparently i bought a game and no one can assist me.

I paid 50 euros and cannot even install ,a friend of mine has a cracked version and plays...a weird way to contrast piracy and motivate people to purchase original copies...

Christian
    I'm sorry to read that, Christian.

In activation issue related cases such as yours, as I stated earlier, your best option would be to email errors@uniloc.com or to contact Customer Services. This can be done via the phone number in your manual, or via the below link:
    http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK.

I'm sorry if I could not be of any more help to you - hopefully they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer89 View Post
    I have the ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system come up & I've downloaded the fix but whenever I try to install it, it crashes the computer, so I can't install it.

Is there anything else I could try?
    By the 'fix', are you referring to the Microsoft DirectX SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...splaylang=en)?

Quote Originally Posted by liamc View Post

I have windows vista. I was lucky enough to have had it installed from day one and had no problems since. I went to lauch FM09 last Thursday through steam and got the message:

It then takes me to the SoftKey activation screen, I re-enter my code and get the message:

This problem continually happens no matter how much I try it. I was advised to load Fix 2 it didn't work. I was advised to load Fix 3 and once again that didn't work either!!!

I have un-installed FM09, Steam and reinstalled them all. I have reinstalled Windows Vista and restored my laptop to factory settings. None of this worked.

I then read the post to delete the cache. This seemed to have worked and I managed to load up Football Manager 2009. I then went to download the Patch 9.20 since I have done this I get the very same messages I started with and STILL can't launch the game!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    This may read as a trivial suggestion, but could you try completely uninstalling the game, and re-installing it via Uniloc as opposed to Steam? That's assuming you haven't done so already.

Instructions can be found at http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3454

Many Thanks SI, I now have game running:
    For Info if any body receives the following:
    [Main Instruction]
    [Content]
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Install all drivers specificed by SI/SEGA, update your Graphics Card (If using Vista, and a touch screen turn of all systems in background via personnal settings)

Roy
    That's great to hear Roy! Apologies for the inconvenience getting it to work - hope the game will have been worth the hassle!

Amateur

That's great to hear Roy! Apologies for the inconvenience getting it to work - hope the game will have been worth the hassle!
    Graphical the game is great, what a joy of watching your tactics in motion. Now I attempt to take Luton Town back to the premership and maybe my local team Varese to Serie A.
    Again Thanks for your assisstance.
    Roy

Amateur

In that case, could you go to http://support.euro.dell.com/support...=uk&l=en&s=gen and locate them yourself from there?
    I have dowloaded lots of updates via this link so thanks. Not sure if it has worked yet but will i need to uninstall the game and re-install it, since i have dowloaded lots of these updates to try and fix the problem?

I'm sorry - I meant the other way around i.e. using Steam and not Uniloc.
    Managed to get it installed via Steam!

But its still freezing as soon as i confirm my team for the first game that i go and take control of!

Patch is installed and it has been updated via steam!

Managed to get it installed via Steam!

But its still freezing as soon as i confirm my team for the first game that i go and take control of!

Patch is installed and it has been updated via steam!
    Could you please try and play the game in 'Windowed' mode?

You can do so via Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Mode (drop menu).

Quote Originally Posted by Redshoesfc View Post
    I have dowloaded lots of updates via this link so thanks. Not sure if it has worked yet but will i need to uninstall the game and re-install it, since i have dowloaded lots of these updates to try and fix the problem?
    Could you please tell me what your Dell model is?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by simonbyrneno.4 View Post
    Marc,
    the game loads perfectly and everything is fine until it comes to my first match, and as soon as i try to make a substitution the game crashes and a message comes up saying that a file has been created in the fm09 folder. this folder is a crash dumps folder and the files that are in there all read "FM 2009 v9.1.0.26064". after that comes up, the game automatically shut it's self down

Mines dones the same except i get to the end of my first match then the game closes down on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Vee View Post
    Mines dones the same except i get to the end of my first match then the game closes down on itself.
    http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=4464

Amateur

Hi,

Ive read through hundreds of posts of hundreds of forums but havent come acrosss anyone with a problem like mine, could someone from sega please help!

Ive had the game since release, and I eventually got the game working through steam within that week, after a few weeks when I try to open FM09 it either crashes and reboots or an extremely fuzzy blue screen which you can just about make out as the dektop. After a few attempts it works and thats how it had been for the last month or so, until now the last three days it has not worked, just either reboots my PC or the blue screen appears.

please help me, was in 8th season with Arsenal and was Brazil Manager!! I miss it

Amateur

sorry I meant sports interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Lotey View Post
    Hi,

Ive read through hundreds of posts of hundreds of forums but havent come acrosss anyone with a problem like mine, could someone from sega please help!

Ive had the game since release, and I eventually got the game working through steam within that week, after a few weeks when I try to open FM09 it either crashes and reboots or an extremely fuzzy blue screen which you can just about make out as the dektop. After a few attempts it works and thats how it had been for the last month or so, until now the last three days it has not worked, just either reboots my PC or the blue screen appears.

please help me, was in 8th season with Arsenal and was Brazil Manager!! I miss it
    1. Have you installed Microsoft DirectX SDK? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

2. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? (http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3758)

3. Make sure you have your graphics card's latest drivers installed.

If none of that helps, have you attempted a re-install of the game? You may want to try to re-install it via Uniloc, if you do, assuming you had purchased the game on DVD and not via Steam.
    Last edited by Bardi Golriz; 21-01-2009 at 17:23.

Amateur

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liamc

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

This may read as a trivial suggestion, but could you try completely uninstalling the game, and re-installing it via Uniloc as opposed to Steam? That's assuming you haven't done so already.

Instructions can be found at http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3454

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bardi,

I have tried all of this and I am really losing patience. I just tried again, I followed all of the instructions in the link. I get to the point of entering my license key and get the message:

I have also emailed Sega but they are tellling me to try exactly what everyone else has suggested and still no success!!!

Amateur

Hi I just re-installed it and got this from my install log::::

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Tue Jan 20 18:58:39 GMT 2009

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsMediaCenter

Execute Command: netsh firewall add allowedprogram "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$\fm.exe" "Football Manager 2009" ENABLE

Execute Target File: DXSETUP.exe

Amateur

1. Have you installed Microsoft DirectX SDK? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

2. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? (http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3758)

If none of that helps, have you attempted a re-install of the game? You may want to try to re-install it via Uniloc, if you do, assuming you had purchased the game on DVD and not via Steam.
    Hi, thanks for replying Bardi, Ive done all the three steps, (although 2. Have you updated your Microsoft .NET framework? - I tried to install, but options were repair back to original state or uninstall.....so i assume it is already updated??

How do I install via uniloc?? is it in this folder on the cd?: D:\Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM

appreciating the help

Amateur

SI - can anyone help!?!

Amateur

I installed through Uniloc, but when I try to strat FM09 is comes up with a Warning message:

'Could not locate database file C:Program files/steam/steamApps/common/..... - reverting to previous' - or something!! I press ok the warning message goes but then PC freezes.

Why is it trying to open the database through steam?? help please....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liamc

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bardi,

I have tried all of this and I am really losing patience. I just tried again, I followed all of the instructions in the link. I get to the point of entering my license key and get the message:

I have also emailed Sega but they are tellling me to try exactly what everyone else has suggested and still no success!!!
    Hey Liam,

Okay, seeing as you're not receiving any activation error, it doesn't appear to be an issue with your key code.

I'm sorry if you have been suggested this before, but can you confirm you've downloaded all of the following:

1. Microsoft DirectX SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)

2. Microsoft .NET framework (http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3758)

3. Your graphics card's latest drivers

Hi I just re-installed it and got this from my install log::::

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Tue Jan 20 18:58:39 GMT 2009

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer
    Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsMediaCenter

Execute Command: netsh firewall add allowedprogram "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$\fm.exe" "Football Manager 2009" ENABLE

Execute Target File: DXSETUP.exe
    Hmmm - was there any change with your luck when attempting to run the game?

Could you also try to make sure to turn off your firewall (if enabled) and anti-virus software when trying to install the game.

I installed through Uniloc, but when I try to strat FM09 is comes up with a Warning message:

'Could not locate database file C:Program files/steam/steamApps/common/..... - reverting to previous' - or something!! I press ok the warning message goes but then PC freezes.

Why is it trying to open the database through steam?? help please....
    Could you delete your cache..

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
    4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX
    1. Open Finder.
    2. Select
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

Amateur

Bardi,

re: post 4436, I have done the whole cache thing. I have now run the game, got to the match screen, click play to start the game, and then it closes and error warning box comes up. DirectSound Error: -2004287480. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by kingg1st View Post
    Bardi,

re: post 4436, I have done the whole cache thing. I have now run the game, got to the match screen, click play to start the game, and then it closes and error warning box comes up. DirectSound Error: -2004287480. Help!
    This should hopefully resolve your issue:

4. I'm getting a message that says: "Direct Sound error -2004287480" when entering a match.

Potential workaround:
    - Update your sound card drivers or disable in game sound.
    - To disable sound:
    - Go to the Preferences screen ('Options' -> 'Preferences').
    - Go to the 'Display & Sound' section.
    - In the 'Sound Settings' area, deselect 'Play Sounds' and confirm your changes.
    - You should also ensure your DirectX is up to date.
    - Install the Microsoft DirectX re-distributable package from here:
    - Web Installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    - Full re-distributable: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    - Update the SoundDriver for your particular system (visit the system manufacturer website and check their support section on drivers for your particular system - See Useful Link below for common system websites)
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55372

Amateur

thanks it works now. I will update my DirectX later.

Amateur

Hi,

just back from work and checked your message......I deleted the cache (folder which you suggested) but it still comes up with same warning message, could not locate database crogram files/steam..... why is it trying to open up a database in steam (which is already uninstalled) when Ive installed it through uniloc?

thanks

Hi,

just back from work and checked your message......I deleted the cache (folder which you suggested) but it still comes up with same warning message, could not locate database crogram files/steam..... why is it trying to open up a database in steam (which is already uninstalled) when Ive installed it through uniloc?

thanks
    Lotey, I suggest attempting a full manual un-install.

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3785

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Amateur

Lotey, I suggest attempting a full manual un-install.

http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=3785

Let me know if that makes a difference.
    Hi

no it hasnt made a difference, I get the same Warning, I got it in full:

Could not use database location /C: program files/steam/steamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/updates/update-910/db/910 - reverting to default location

and then it crashes, so i have to restart the PC, I then send the error report and get this feedback:

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Wot should I do? im panicing now!!!

Hi

no it hasnt made a difference, I get the same Warning, I got it in full:

Could not use database location /C: program files/steam/steamApps/common/Football Manager 2009/updates/update-910/db/910 - reverting to default location

and then it crashes, so i have to restart the PC, I then send the error report and get this feedback:

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Wot should I do? im panicing now!!!
    Have you installed the 9.2.0 patch?

Amateur

Right, last ditch attempt before I give up this game for good....

I can play the game absoloutly fine, could probably do season after season if i wanted...BUT.... after every game I have to wait literally 5 minutes before it loads and goes back on the main screen. It takes around 30 hours to do a season, whereas on previous FM's it took 20ish hours.

My laptop is only 2 years old and absoloutly everything else runs well on it apart from this...is there anything I can do/change to make FM quicker?

Any help would be appreciated and apologies if it's been covered before.

Quote Originally Posted by lufc22 View Post
    Right, last ditch attempt before I give up this game for good....

I can play the game absoloutly fine, could probably do season after season if i wanted...BUT.... after every game I have to wait literally 5 minutes before it loads and goes back on the main screen. It takes around 30 hours to do a season, whereas on previous FM's it took 20ish hours.

My laptop is only 2 years old and absoloutly everything else runs well on it apart from this...is there anything I can do/change to make FM quicker?

Any help would be appreciated and apologies if it's been covered before.
    It looks like I've provided you with the links to below before, but just in case you did not go through with installing all of them then, maybe now would be the time.

Could you also tell me what your machine's specs are? Especially RAM.
    Last edited by Bardi Golriz; 21-01-2009 at 18:11.

Amateur

Bardi,

I have reinstalled everything. I have installed FM09 and chosen to activate it via Uniloc. It has installed ok and there are no errors on the Installation Log. I get to the softanchor key page and enter my key. I then get the message:

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
    available.

I then went to the Known issues and solutions thread and decided to work my way through that. I downloaded the fix2 file and got as far as where you double click the activator program and got this message:

Activator.exe has stopped working

available.

I then click the launcher option, I enter my key code that I have checked at the keycode checker and then get this message:

Activator.exe has stopped working

available.

After I close that window I then get the following message:

Activation failed with error:255. Please make sure you use the correct key and try again.

Do you think I may have a problem running .exe files? I have recently reloaded Vista as I have had this problem for one week now and have tried everything suggested. I appreciate your time and help and hope we can find a solution!!!

Amateur

New Q: Why does the program lack the England Premier League player pictures and insignias? Is this a licensing issue or is it a bug? Or is it a problem with my copy? I could sware that I had player pictures for the Premier League before I updated with version 9.2.0 on my PC.

Semi Pro

Alkioki - that's a licensing issue, not a bug.

Amateur

Hi i was playing football manager the other day and half way through a game my laptop lost power so i plugged the power cable in and loaded the computer up again. The game had shut down so i reloaded it and now everytime i try and start a match its crashs and shuts down football manager. Then comes up with errors these are:

"Invalid token at line 1 of highlights.xml"

"Invalid token at line 1 of speed.xml"

So basically i cant play football manager because of this problem can someone please help me im driving myself mad.

Amateur

Please follow the instructions listed at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.
    Thank you for your help, next time I'm in the UK I owe you a pint.

Cheers

Danie

I then went to the Known issues and solutions thread and decided to work my way through that. I downloaded the fix2 file and got as far as where you double click the activator program and got this message:
    This may be occuring because there's actually a newer fix available (fix3) that you can find at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue you've been facing. Please do let me know in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy89 View Post
    Hi i was playing football manager the other day and half way through a game my laptop lost power so i plugged the power cable in and loaded the computer up again. The game had shut down so i reloaded it and now everytime i try and start a match its crashs and shuts down football manager. Then comes up with errors these are:

"Invalid token at line 1 of highlights.xml"

"Invalid token at line 1 of speed.xml"

So basically i cant play football manager because of this problem can someone please help me im driving myself mad.
    Could you delete your cache..

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
    4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:
    1. Click “Start”
    5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX
    1. Open Finder.
    2. Select
    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=64821

Amateur

Have you installed the 9.2.0 patch?

Hi, how can I update it if I cant open fm09?????

Amateur

Thanks its working now

Hi, how can I update it if I cant open fm09?????
    You don't need to have FM 09 running to install the 9.2.0 patch - as long as the game is installed, then the patch should install.

Amateur

You don't need to have FM 09 running to install the 9.2.0 patch - as long as the game is installed, then the patch should install.
    Hi,

thanks, I downloaded the patch to my desktop, I dont know if it is installed, but its the same problem with the same message!!!

Is there no hope for me, because it seems like your struggling with my problem!!!

Kind regards

Hi,

thanks, I downloaded the patch to my desktop, I dont know if it is installed, but its the same problem with the same message!!!

Is there no hope for me, because it seems like your struggling with my problem!!!

Kind regards
    Did you run and install the patch successfully?

Amateur

Did you run and install the patch successfully?
    ok, I cant open FM09 so how can I install and run the patch without opening FM09??

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast