Closed Thread
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 4,000 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Judging from different forums I am not the only one experiencing "Problem 26950 - "
    Have done everything, re-installed, patch, the lot....still does not work.
    Would greatly appreciate any help on this.
    Many thanks

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Default Moving game from one PC to another

Hey guys, here's the issue:

PC1 runs XP and has a game running with a custom database and I would like to play that game on PC2 which runs vista.

Both PCs have the same version of FM09 and patches etc.

What I did was simply copy the entire contents of the Sport Interactive folder in My Docs into my vista PC.

Trouble is, when I go to load the savegame, I get: "The database folder with which this game was created could not be found".

Am I doing this wrong? Are there other files I need to be copying? My game was installed using steam if that helps...

Cheers

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Is my custom db located somewhere other than the db folder in My Documents/Sport Interactive ?

EDIT: I managed to get the game running by playing in windowed mode but I'm still a bit concerned that the lack of a db is going to end up ruining my save game...

Amateur

Bardi, you remember me from a few weeks back? I have since been away on bussiness and tried again with what you have said, still no joy. I am 99.9% sure this has something to with my Cache, as it was fine before I unclicked without my knowing.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi View Post
    Have you got any custom FM 09 graphics?
    Not that I know of.

How would I find out if I have?

Default Re: Moving game from one PC to another

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyscarab View Post
    Hey guys, here's the issue:

What I did was simply copy the entire contents of the Sport Interactive folder in My Docs into my vista PC.

Cheers
    Try copying the data from the app data folder in your user area as well, might be something to do with that?

Amateur

Make that 2 days - not being rude so sorry if it comes across like that. I just want to play the game

Amateur

When go to launch the game i get a warning saying the

cannot run game: failed to set up graphics system

What does that mean?

Amateur

guys problem, been working fine into my 4th season and suddenly my games stoped working it was one of those xml things but at the end of the xml message it said could load saved game? i was devistated i uninstalled it then reinstalled but still no luck as when i started the game up before i can get to the screen with load last game , load game ect. fm cuts out and the xml message comes up saying cant load last game :9 any advice guys?

edit. the exact message i get is

not well formed (invalid token) at line1 of last_saved_game.xml
    Last edited by Reeed; 19-12-2008 at 21:31.

Amateur

Any1 help guys?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by leedsforever View Post
    Why thank you kind sir, I shall report back with my findings.
    Defragging did nothing to help restore my save game after the XML Parsing Error. Can you provide me with any more possible solutions please?

Amateur

This is geting beyond a joke now. My problem has been overlooked. I know si have alot to deal with but i have had game for a month nw and cant even play it. Im not happy to say the least and didnt keep the reciept so cnt take it back. Is someone going to sort this or do i have to take it further than the forums. You should have a whole team on here nt just one of you. and all of the downloads. I only hav internet on mobile so its hard for me to get downloads.

Amateur

hello everyone!! just went through some hundreds of posts and it seems that the new FM09 is full of bugs and maybe viruses??? well my problem started suddenly last nite while playing the greek season.. the game suddenly froze during halftime and didnt respond.. i had to reset and then while trying to load the save game the "not valid token " line came up..since that time i havent been able to play the game although i uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice... But the worst came after some time, while surfing the net, i noticed unusual traffic and then a message popping up and the pc crashing right afterwards.. My pc was crashing constantly from that moment and it couldnt even load windows xp as well.. I ran the avast antivirus program while on safe mode and guess what.. FM.exe and activation.exe were infected with some win32 warezov-byg along with some system recovery files!!! I would like to say that i personally purchased the game from a computer shop here in Athens and not from the net and i havent downloaded any patch... I also checked the game disk and contains the same virus... Finally not being able to even do my work i formatted my whole drive!!! Is there anyone here who can tell me whats wrong??

Amateur

Whereabouts is the patch DB saved? I opened the editor, and it hasn't read any patch, however, Steam automatically downloaded the patch to my computer, and it is available at startup.

I have run various searches through all my drives (C and D drives) to find the DB to move to the location where my other edited database patches are, but to no avail. Strangely, this happened with the 9.1.0 patch as well. I have checked program files, and my documents - the only locations where I know SI files to be. Help ?

Amateur

Default Moving saved games from one pc to another

Hi there

I am having an issue on FM 2009 with moving saved games from one of my desktops (at my place) to another (at a friend's place). In previous versions I just copy the saved game file from one computer and paste it into the relevant directory on the other computer and then run it in the game and it works fine. Even when I have made changes to the database and saved a new database it will just default to the default database and keep running the game.

In FM 2009, when I do this I get the following error and the game just shuts down:

"The database folder with which this game was created could not be found. The game is now using the default database folder."

This was the same message I used to get in prior versions of FM but the game kept running. Now it is just shutting down. Is there any known fix to the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amateur

What the FXXKING!!!!!!! After installing the new path 9.2.0, my problem is still there...
    What the Fxxking!!!!!!!

Waste my time and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fxxking!!!!

Amateur

According to my computer, the 9.2.0 patch is "not a valid win32 application". HELP!!!!!

I've had so many problems with this game, first the activation problems we all had, then I had a problem with the data editor, and THEN, I had the problem Reeed had where I couldn't load my game, I reinstalled my game thinking it may help, but now the option for a 3D match engine is greyed out and I can only watch in 2D. I know it's not a problem with my graphics system because it worked fine before I reinstalled it. Now I go to download the latest patch but can't because of this damn "win32" message.

I'm getting fed up with spending hours on end trying to make this game work. The big selling point of FM was always that it was very realistic and detailed, but also easy-to-use; not so this year. I really hope SI don't lose a lot of customers over the vast amount of problems with this game because they've produced some great games down the years but personally, if FM2010 is just as difficult to get working I won't be buying FM2011.

Amateur

Right well this is getting crazy now - I attempted to start the game as administrator and now instead of getting the SoftAnchor screen saying your trial period has expired - it now just asks me to type in my key. I do this and then get the same error-819.

Its been nearly 3 weeks now and I have not seen one answer or solution to this - SI do not have an answer for me - nor do Sega - nor do Uniloc and I have contacted Play.com and said they will not refund me although I have stated its faulty goods - but said they wouldnt refund me as i have activated the game and its now over the 28 days. SO what do I do? And Im not waiting another 4 days for an answer - they make out that this is the most played game on PC format - so why on have 1 person answering all these questions??

Amateur

Hi. After much hassle finally got my game working, however now when I try to load it it says:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone got any idea what is up with it, bit worried, seeing as I had no problem loading it originally after I had installed the patches and the Microsoft DOT framework thingy.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by liveforever31 View Post
    Hi. After much hassle finally got my game working, however now when I try to load it it says:

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone got any idea what is up with it, bit worried, seeing as I had no problem loading it originally after I had installed the patches and the Microsoft DOT framework thingy.
    Yeah well you're not getting an answer for 4 days so find something else to do - i have been doing that for 3 weeks now.

Can someone answer us!!!

Lurker

having tried for a month to install fm09 i still cannt manage to do it, only discovered this forum, on trying to installed the game i receive the following message when trying to play it (Football manager 2009 has stopped working)
    a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Anyone with any ideas what to do i just got a new pc with windows vista previous pc had xp and wish this one had too i could be playin fifa manager without any of this hassle!

Amateur

Hello
    i'm having issues installing the game on my macbook air. i converted it as an image file to install it on my macbook air so i can play while on christmas holidays.
    The installation seems to work quite fine however it just doesn't launch the game after it's done. it keeps quitting. i did save also my tactics and trainings so i can easily continue but i can't get the get to even launch after it says installation was successful.
    One problem i noticed though is the Sports interactive folder from my documents it has the game folder there but the football manager folder in there is empty. i know that's where i'm supposed to put my training schedules, saved game and tactics but i believe it's supposed to have more components.

after installing it the game created 2 sports interactive folders one under applications and the other under my documents. the one under my documents is the one that has the football manager folder that is empty.
    the one under applications has a shortcut to the game but would not launch.
    Please help me fix my game i really want to play.

Amateur

****ing!!!!!!!!Above problem is still exist after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

I feel very very angry. Please refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can response ??

Amateur

Thumbs down Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by jamestam View Post

****ing!!!!!!!!Above problem is still exist after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

I feel very very angry. Please refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone can response ??
    Dear Bardi and FM testing Team,

Don't pretend nothing wrong happened. Please let me know immediatley what your team (so-called experts here) will do next step if I still can't launch the game after installing the latest path 9.2.0.

Don't find any excuse here. Please solve my problem immediately because you all are experts. Otherwise I will consider to take legal action against your company because you sell this kind of product to the customers.

Please response no more delay.

James

Quote Originally Posted by NTFC Rule, OK? View Post
    According to my computer, the 9.2.0 patch is "not a valid win32 application". HELP!!!!!
    This is simply a corrupt download. Delete the patch and redownload it.

Amateur

After downloading Patch 9.2.0 (Mac) my matches are really laggy. I didn't have this problem with Patch 9.1.1. I don't know if this has anything to do with using up all my downloads. I don't see how internet usage should slow down something that isn't on the internet. Is anyone else facing this problem?

Amateur

Default Re: Known issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Italiano View Post
    Still an issue with UK phone activation? Tried twice just now and still getting cut off after the 3rd activation key input (message being that my product key code is invalid). I've used the key software to determine the code from 0's and o's etc.

Any news/ideas?

Thanks
    did anyone ever find a way to fix this - i am soooooo struggling.

Amateur

Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Can somebody help me please. My activation key is the right one, but when i try and do it online it says unable to connect to internet and when I do it on the phone it says when i get to the third set of activation keys that my activation code is wrong but it isnt because I have checked on the site. What do I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    You are not entering the KEY in UPPERCASE - this will solve the problem
    i have this problem as well - and i am entering it in UPPERCASE - pls help someone.

Banned

All works well before i press "Continue" button. So i can start new game and all but when i press the "Continue" button it crashes and goes back to windows. Please i need help. Does someone know how to fix this?

Amateur

Any update on fixing a saved game after the XML Parsing Error?

EDIT: Why is this not a sticky? I'm fed up of trying to find this thread every time.

Amateur

Default Re: Moving saved games from one pc to another

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcup View Post
    Hi there

I am having an issue on FM 2009 with moving saved games from one of my desktops (at my place) to another (at a friend's place). In previous versions I just copy the saved game file from one computer and paste it into the relevant directory on the other computer and then run it in the game and it works fine. Even when I have made changes to the database and saved a new database it will just default to the default database and keep running the game.

In FM 2009, when I do this I get the following error and the game just shuts down:

"The database folder with which this game was created could not be found. The game is now using the default database folder."

This was the same message I used to get in prior versions of FM but the game kept running. Now it is just shutting down. Is there any known fix to the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Simply sounds like the PC you are trying to move the game to is using a different database (player stats, which teams they play for, who the managers work for etc). Has your friend edited some players on his version? They need to be identical. Maybe he's running the latest patch and you are not?

Take your database over there as well (just put it on a memory stick and take it with the save game).

Lurker

Default XML parsing error

I was just wondering if you could help me. when i start loading fm 2oo9 it is working fine until it gets to the loading screen and a error comes up saying ' XML parsing error' then saying ' not well-formed(invaild token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml'.
    then the game just turns off, ive tryed deleting all the content of the game then re-installing and the problem is still there if you could help me i would be great full
    many thanks!

Amateur

You tried the Technical Issues forum? Might be more help or search xml parsing error.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Amateur

hi i have posted this on 2 forums but it still isnt sorted when i load the game it loads up until when the main menu is supposed to come up but instead it just goes black i have waited ages but nothing. so far i have tried:

reinstalling through both uniloc and steam as well as wiping anything to do with the game e.g. folders etc.
    system restore
    and using another game disc

but still nothing has changed. I encountered this problem when i was in 'preferences' and the game was ' loading image data for new skin' it was taking a lot longer than it was supposed too and the mouse cursor wasn't loading so closed the game via Ctrl Alt Del as this was the only way since then every time i load the game it goes black when the main menu is supposed to load. i waited for this game for so long and now i cant play it please help im really losing belief that im ever going to be able to play it again and instead going to have to wait a year for FM10 :-(

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bardi View Post
    Unfortunately, other than the suggested workarounds that have already been shared here, I don't currently have a better idea of how to resolve this installation issue.

You may want to try asking at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...wssdk/threads/ - they may be of more help.
    Bardi, someone has already asked about error s1023 on the site you told me to look at and they got this response
    " This forum is for professional software developers who have problem using an API documented in Windows SDK. If you have problem using a software, contact the software's tech support.MSMVP VC++"

so i still need help solving my problem

Amateur

SO any answer to our issues?

I have decided to cut my loses and go and buy another game - the problem im having seems to be with my activation key and I have tried everything now and still getting nowhere - will I still have the same problems if I buy another game?? And the point I raised when you asked me to find out how many computers I have the game loaded on - when I went through your link - its looks as though the game had been activated before I had even received it?

Semi Pro

If you're struggling with activation issues, contact Customer Services and they'll activate for you.

Amateur

I installed the 9.2 patch yesterday and after i chose the leagues in which i want to play, i press the continue button and then the game throw me to the Windows Desktop with this message:

"Error in match events configuration file on line 128457, Game or report text had no language marker"

Amateur

what do you do if it keeps on coming up with crash dump error when i go onto the game and i have re-installed the game 10000000000000000000000000 times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    If you're struggling with activation issues, contact Customer Services and they'll activate for you.
    Can you provide a link please - I have spoken with so many people now. The porblem im having is that i have activated and played the game fine but now it wont work - I have uninstalled a number of times and followed all the advice given and still im getting error -819

What is error-819??

Amateur

It would perhaps be an idea to have a webpage/thread listing all these error types and an explanation of each.

Throwing numbers at people is meaningless.

Amateur

I've got FM 09 since a few days. The first few days it worked perfect but I wanted to play FM yesterday so I started the game but it didn't work.
    The messages that appear are allways the same.

not well-informed (invalid token) at line 1 of_saved_game.xml

and this one.

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910' - reverting to the default location.

and finaly this one.

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml

I hope someone can help me

I just dont get it, could somebody help me.
    The game doesn't work offline or online
    It doesn't work with Steam or with that other program.
    I allways get the same messages and my english isn't that good, because i'm from Holland.

Amateur

Wow - a few errors there! Ones I've never seen myself.

Are you using the latest patch? Do you save manually or use automatic/rolling saves?

Amateur

I don't even installed a patch, and i save manually.
    The game continues till the start screen with the menu's. I want to load a game but it isn't there and then i get the errors.
    The next time i did new game, it get till the point i need to enter my name and than the errors start again.

Semi Pro

As previously posted...

In terms of how to resolve issues - here's a few suggestions;

- Read the FAQ thread at the top of this forum. It has details about downloading the most up-to-date version of DirectX which is resolving the majority of people's crashes, apparently. Also, worth checking your GFX card drivers as these have also caused issues - make sure they're as up-to-date as they can be. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63556

- If neither of those options help - then you should contact Customer Services - here:

http://help.sega.com/?group=englishuk&t=EnglishUK

They'll go through your PC configuration and see if there's anything else that can be done.

By all means let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers

Matt

Amateur

Default Re: Game Crashing

HI

Had fm09 for a couple of days now and it keeps crashing when i go into a match. After the submit team option, i click ok and then it just freezez. It has also froze when a few times when i press the continue button in general play.

I have downloaded the patch 9.1 and it worked better i managed to get about 10 games in and it froze again. This has happened in 2 seperate games

Now i have downloaded the patch 9.2 and it froze when i went onto transfer roomers and again when i tried to play a match

I`m currently running Vista.

Does anyone know how to solve this cause it is getting beyond the joke, and i`m sure everyone else shares my frustration as it seems that the game has been rushed to get it released

Semi Pro

Freezes - 90% caused by direct X or graphics drivers - I'd suggest updating both....

Amateur

Hi,

the game has run fine with no problems for the last month or so, but now has started to have problems. When i start the game it fails to launch. i have unintalled and re-installed but the problem persists.

i have installed with steam and so have all updates.

any help please as i am very deep into a saved game which i have spent alot of time on.

please help.

Louie
    louieabf@hotmail.co.uk
    louiethfc@btinternet.com

Amateur

Default Re: Game Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by greeny1982 View Post
    HI

Had fm09 for a couple of days now and it keeps crashing when i go into a match. After the submit team option, i click ok and then it just freezez. It has also froze when a few times when i press the continue button in general play.

I have downloaded the patch 9.1 and it worked better i managed to get about 10 games in and it froze again. This has happened in 2 seperate games

Now i have downloaded the patch 9.2 and it froze when i went onto transfer roomers and again when i tried to play a match

I`m currently running Vista.

Does anyone know how to solve this cause it is getting beyond the joke, and i`m sure everyone else shares my frustration as it seems that the game has been rushed to get it released
    run it in windowed choose options then preferences then display and sound then choose your screen resolution at the top choose windowed

Full Screen 'Freezing' Issue
    We are still working on improving this issue for Patch 3. Some hardware may have already benefited from some of the changes we've done in Patch 2, but we are aware there are still some users affected by this problem. If you are still experiencing the game locking up when playing in full screen mode, please play in Windowed Mode.

its a known issue
    Last edited by bigguyinthesky; 22-12-2008 at 17:42.

Amateur

Well I followed your customer services link was no help all of their links lead me back to YOUR site and on the phone for half an hour they tried everything and then told me to come to YOUR forums for any other assistance. If you look over my posts it will tell you exactley how long these has been going on - do you not thing this is ridiculous - but you dont seem to understand how annoying it is having to wait for responses only to be told - oh not m problem speak to someone else.

And just to tell you my problem AGAIN - I was playing the game fine installed through Steam and activated with no problems at all - now I was playing the game and then it crashed and when I tried to start it again I got the SoftAnchor screen saying 'Your Trial Period Has Expired' and then when I enter my unlcok key it said error-819. NOw I went through all the forums and couldnt find anything about error-819 - I have tried the activator and get error -819 - I have uninstalled and tried to activate through Steam and Uniloc , online and on the phone and still got nowhere - so can anyone here help??

Amateur

* Go to the thread for help with graphic card problems *

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=83705

Banned

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - authentication

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Fix: This can be resolved by updating the Microsoft Dot.Net framework, please visit the following URL to download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en
    this still doesnt work

im having this error

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.23544 ModName: fm.exe
    ModVer: 9.0.0.23544 Offset: 00bfbf57

please help asap

Amateur

I found a new problem with 9.2

The When i get to an offer or event that requires me to accept/reject/delay etc....

The buttons don't work., I can click on them but nothing happens. Anyone know what this is caused by?

Amateur

i still have not fixed this ( my above post forgot to quote it) i have got the latest directx, up to date graphics drivers, microsoft net frameworks 2.0, all of the spec compatibilities and i dont know why it wont work have spoke to quite a few people now and no-one has solved it seems as though i have tried everything i need an SI expert please help

Amateur

Using vista 64 - error comes up:

Sorry but this installation of FM2009 certificate could not be activated...
    The application was uanble to connect to internet. Please check your connection.

This was after I dowloaded and ran the activator script and followed your instructions.

Sorry but I havent' got the time to read through 100's of posts - is there a fix?

*long time FM fan who can't wait to play*

I look forward to hearing from you.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin View Post
    Dataeditor:

Found the data editor but i get the following message:

"this applicationhas failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

Any suggestions anyone?
    I am also about to take the game back as I cant seem to get find out help with this particular problem.

Also I can install the game on my work laptop but when I insert the game disk into my home PC its fails to do anything and comes up with the problem of "not a win32 application" What does this mean????

Can anybody please help???

Amateur

I'm having problems activating my game since Friday and it's driving me mad!

I keep getting told that my licence key is invalid, my two brothers already have the game installed and have activated it using the same keycode.

I've used the anchor insight look up key and it tells me that my keycode is invalid, I've also downloaded the fix.it download and get told the same thing.

Please can someone help as I tried to call Sega and it was a nightmare, on the phone for over half hour without getting through!

All I want for Christmas. . . .

Amateur

Hey I wonder if anyone can help me!!

Ive had FM09 for a month i did originally install it via Steam but it made my computer and the game run so so slow!! I ended up uninstalling and re installing the game again via Uniloc.
    Now it starts to load the screen goes black except for a white L and a white flashing dial in the bottom right hand corner and then thats it!!! it stops loading and i left it this arvo for 3 hrs and no change, Ive read thru majority of posts on here but nothing seems to stop this or help load it.

Im gettin really pi**ed off and as i brought it on Amazon (pre order) i cant return the game

Please can someone out there help me?!?! All i wanna do is play the game

Amateur

Right can you at least tell me if I buy another copy of the game will I still have the same problem or will it activate ok??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dannywp7477 View Post

Ive had FM09 for a month i did originally install it via Steam but it made my computer and the game run so so slow!! I ended up uninstalling and re installing the game again via Uniloc.
    Now it starts to load the screen goes black except for a white L and a white flashing dial in the bottom right hand corner and then thats it!!! it stops loading and i left it this arvo for 3 hrs and no change, Ive read thru majority of posts on here but nothing seems to stop this or help load it.

Im gettin really pi**ed off and as i brought it on Amazon (pre order) i cant return the game

I like you can't get a refund and I like you can't play the game - joy!!

Lurker

hi everyone i have recently installed FM09 using steam, i had a few problems installing it but using this website iv managed to fix them by downloading the windows framework and by downloading the directX SDK application and get it working by creating a shortcut onto my desktop. But now i have found out that i cant access my data editor, it keeps coming up saying that theres a error "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect". I have tried to create a shortcut from the steam folder as i have done to get the game to actually work but this doesnt work either!! cant see why they have had to make things so complicated by using steam...jus wonna put the game in and play!!!
    Do you have any suggestions for me????

Amateur

Mac 9.2. I have downloaded game and installed and updated, yet its showing current version as 9.1 ver 732.

normally don't have a problem with updates, can someone please tell me what to do ?

Amateur

Originally Posted by scfc1986
    please can somebody help me with my problem, i dont think i have seen it on here.

the game seems to be running ok but everytime i click on 3d match engine it just doesnt work properly, i keep gettin blue and grey patches over the pitch and can only see a tiny bit of the pitch.
    iv had a new graphics card installed nvidia 512mb GEforce7600GT, more memory and my pc serviced, also downloaded all the direct x things.

iv also sent an email and got no reply its doing my head in now i bought the game the day it came out!!

please help
    scfc1986

Quote Originally Posted by scfc1986 View Post
    i posted this last week and i think i know where my problem is, it just seems to be the stadium graphics, iv spoke to a friend who says his 3d works fine but he cant see the stadium whereas on my game it is like the stadium graphics are not loaded properly. it just puts a funny blue and grey thing over the pitch so i can see very little.

does this make it easier for you to help my situation
    please can somebody help me with this problem

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deyong View Post
    Mac 9.2. I have downloaded game and installed and updated, yet its showing current version as 9.1 ver 732.

normally don't have a problem with updates, can someone please tell me what to do ?
    Did you move the game after you installed it? And when you installed the patch, did you choose the install location where your game is (don't assume that the installer looks for it if you've moved it).

Amateur

Hi guys,

Mine loads but then It loads and you have to play it as if it's an internet explorer window?

Also there is not a shortcut on the desktop, and when i come to play the game again it wont run.

Any ideas?

Amateur

Dear Bardi and FM Testing Team,

The problem of fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.is still here after installing new path 9.2.0. I have installed latest Direct X, Graphics Card Software etc...****!!!

Please tell me what I should do and What you will do?Will new path 9.3.0 be issued soon?
    Please response my email and Don't ignore this email.

James

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.
    Hey Marc i dunno if ya still working and tryin to help people on this page but im still awaiting a reply to my post #3958

Ive tried changing the target field but still having the same problem!!

Please can someone help me i jus wanna play the game

Danny

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dannywp7477 View Post

I had exactly the same problem on my upstairs computer!!!! Got the latest editions of DirectX and everything but it won't run. The only difference I get is a message after about 30 secs of the flickering L saying "fm.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. Do you wish to send an error report?"

Really annoying me, at least I can play on my downstairs computer but it is still insisting the patch is not a valid win32 application ad I've reinstalled it like 5 times now!!!

There are so many problems and it seems like the FM team don't know quite how to deal with them! Still waiting for a reply on why my 3D match engine no longer works!!!

Amateur

What to do? I have just installed the latest patch.

Amateur

Exclamation Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

Could somebody please help me. I have borrowed a laptop from work for the christmas period as I have broken my leg and can't go anywhere! So I have had a copy of the game purchased for me. I am not the administrator on the laptop and so it won't let me install Steam. So I have tried choosing the "activate using phoneline" option, this allows me to install FM09 and I get told that my installation is complete. However when I try and launch the game I get this error message

"This application has failed to start because d3x9_37.dll was not found. Re installing the application may fix this problem"

I have tried re installing a number of times but the same keeps happening, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amateur

Hi there,

I bought the game only yesterday and came across a few problems which i resolved using the this forum and the 1st post..

Now when i start the game it is really slow and crashes all the time..Iv read that the way to fix this problem is to have the latest DirectX and updated drives which i have double checked and are up to date..

I have also tried running the game in windowed mode and 2d but still to no avail..I still encounter the problem that the game is slow / crashes and sometimes the screen just goes all black..

Now iv tried to return the game to the retail outlet only a day later and they refuse to refund me because i have opened the game and entered the code via steam on the back of the manual..

I have therefore run out of options and would like 2 know where i can get my refund asap as i dont have the time or patience to configure and get the game up and running..

If you have a free phone number then by all means please do give me it..if not then an email adress or an adres where i can send my copy to, to get my money back.

I have been an avid FM gamer and this is truely a disapointment but i respect you guys for putting the time and effort in to get people up and running..but i hope you understand..enough is enough..refund please..where and how..

Regards Taz

Amateur

Hi.

Whenever I tried to play the demo of this game this message comes up: "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system"
    apparently this is because my graphics card isnt good enough.

I have always been able to play FM08 but someone on another forum told me that the new patch for FM09 means that if my computer can play FM08 then it will now be able to play FM09.

Is this correct?

Would hugely appreciate any help and apologies if it has been asked before..

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Googie06 View Post
    Hi.

Whenever I tried to play the demo of this game this message comes up: "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system"
    apparently this is because my graphics card isnt good enough.

I have always been able to play FM08 but someone on another forum told me that the new patch for FM09 means that if my computer can play FM08 then it will now be able to play FM09.

Is this correct?

Would hugely appreciate any help and apologies if it has been asked before..

Hey googie i had this problem and got it sorted: Dowload the following and install..should get rid of that problem..Hope it helps

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Amateur

Exclamation Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #3885

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fluisterwoud View Post

What to do? I have just installed the latest patch.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Amateur

Sorry, that link went nowhere!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Try downloading that, worked for me!

Amateur

I have same problem, i downloaded that installed and still same error
    Patched to 9.1
    and i have GeForce 7300 GT with yesterdays drivers
    And i reinstalled FM few times and nothing helped...
    *crry*

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by $L!cK` View Post
    Hey googie i had this problem and got it sorted: Dowload the following and install..should get rid of that problem..Hope it helps

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.
    Brilliant, it worked.

Thanks alot mate, really appreciate it.

Amateur

i got a error using fixv3 when i press save file

AppName: runme.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: activatordll.dll
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000e7d12
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <DATABASE>
    <EXE NAME="RunMe.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ActivatorDLL.dll" SIZE="2055224" CHECKSUM="0x33D3FE22" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x200ABA" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 01:42:11" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 01:42:11" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="RunMe.exe" SIZE="31800" CHECKSUM="0xFF1F6A19" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.0.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.0.0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="FileActivator" COMPANY_NAME="Uniloc USA" PRODUCT_NAME="FileActivator" FILE_VERSION="1.0.0.0" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="FileActivator.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="FileActivator.exe" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © Uniloc USA 2008" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x13C62" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.0.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 03:14:37" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 03:14:37" VER_LANGUAGE="Language Neutral [0x0]" />
    </EXE>
    <EXE NAME="ActivatorDLL.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="ActivatorDLL.dll" SIZE="2055224" CHECKSUM="0x33D3FE22" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x200ABA" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 01:42:11" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/20/2008 01:42:11" />
    </EXE>
    <EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="989696" CHECKSUM="0x7D737C09" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF44A2" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5512" LINK_DATE="04/14/2008 00:11:24" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/14/2008 00:11:24" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
    </EXE>
    </DATABASE>
    i got microsoft net frame 3.5... using windows xp

Amateur

Can anyone help as noone from SI seems to be replying on here in last few days

Is it possible to use my friend's licence key to activate my game or does it have to be my licence key that I use to activate the game? I would still be using my disk and not my friends, is this at all possible?

My licence key is constanly coming up as invalid and its really frustrating me, as I really want to start using the game.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by neilio2j View Post
    Can anyone help as noone from SI seems to be replying on here in last few days

Is it possible to use my friend's licence key to activate my game or does it have to be my licence key that I use to activate the game? I would still be using my disk and not my friends, is this at all possible?

My licence key is constanly coming up as invalid and its really frustrating me, as I really want to start using the game.

Please help

Thanks in advance
    You need to use your key.

Amateur

Thats crap, means I won't be playing the game any time soon

I've played every Champ / FM since the 93/94 disk and this is the first time I've ever had problems with it, in other words I seem to get addicted to every game and it seems the SI Games folk are away for Xmas now too so I won't be able to spend 12 hours a day over Xmas playing it

Lurker

Default Apoplectic - Game will not load on laptop!

Right, I've activated the game successfully, but the infernal thing will NOT load. It locks up my laptop every time before any FM screens appear.

The game is patched to 9.2.0 and my drivers are fully up to date. I have the latest versions of both DirectX and DotNet. I have tried with and without the DirectX SDK installed. I have tried to run it both full screen and windowed. Nothing bloody works.

As far as I can tell, my laptop meets the minimum requirements to run the game. It's a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Li1705 running Windows XP SP3. Intel Core Duo T2450 2GHz, 766MB RAM, VIA Chrome9 HC IGP card.

At a guess, I would say that it's probably the graphics card, but it appears to be a fairly common one amongst laptop owners, so I'd be disappointed if SI hadn't covered all the bases... is there a known issue with it? Anyone else struggling?

I'm not even worried about running the game in 3D mode. It looks like ******** anyway. 2D is fine.

Some assistance from SI would be much appreciated before I do the unthinkable and defect to Championship Manager out of sheer exasperation.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Amateur

Thumbs down Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

steam is casuing so much trouble, online, good connection, says it cant connect!!!!!

i would like a link to the latest fix or whatever see my original post aswell please.

original Post #3885 still needs to be answered PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all i wanted for christmas was to be able to play this game! its not happening ,wish i had never tried now

Amateur

While its not a major issue. I'm yet to be able to get the 3D pitch working.... could there be any reason for this?

Amateur

Hi just got the game but seem to be having trouble getting the disc to play on my computer????

Tried other discs and they work fine are there any work arounds? FM 2009 disc seems to work on other computer (but need it on mine)

I don't want to download steam and use the game code on the back of the instruction book if possible (as suggested in FAQ)

edit forgot to mention my computer is Vista the other is XP.

Latest drivers installed.

edit: »HP Pavilion a6150.uk Desktop PC no mods.
    Last edited by wbabaggie; 25-12-2008 at 11:22. Reason: put in computer model

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by wbabaggie View Post
    Hi just got the game but seem to be having trouble getting the disc to play on my computer????

Tried other discs and they work fine are there any work arounds? FM 2009 disc seems to work on other computer (but need it on mine)

I don't want to download steam and use the game code on the back of the instruction book if possible (as suggested in FAQ)

edit forgot to mention my computer is Vista the other is XP.

Latest drivers installed.

edit: »HP Pavilion a6150.uk Desktop PC no mods.
    Click Start >> My Computer, right click your CD Drive/DVD Drive, and select Play or Auto play.

Amateur

play aoutoplay options not there

open just opens the drive

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...aggie/fm09.jpg

Amateur

If you know the letter of the drive. For example E, then press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard and type in the open box E:\ and then press enter.

Amateur

please insert disk?????????????

Amateur

Are you comfortable going inside your computers case?? If so, you need remove the grey ribbon cable from your DVD Drive, and re insert it. Also follow this cable down on to the motherboard, remove and re insert. Then start your PC, and try again.

Amateur

I'm currently runn pc hardware diagnostic to see if there is any problems.

Defentily runs on the xp comp but need it on the vista one really.

Was hoping there was a simple workaround.

Thanks for trying to help btw Madgamer

Amateur

hmmm test seems to fail DVD drive?

Couldn't have burnt the laser out could I???

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Richardav View Post
    i have this problem (The installation of Football Manager 2009 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details)
    what do i do
    I have exactly the same problem, please help!

i got it as an xmas presenet and was excited bout playing it but now im just angry

sort it out Sports interactive

Amateur

Seems as if the DVD part reader is knackered on my PC (gutted).

Gonna see if I can steal the xp one and put it on mine.

Silly really this is 1 year old the other 3 years and seems to work okay.

Thanks again MadGamer.

Lurker

hi,

I recived Activation failed with error: -1

Need help

Amateur

This isn't going to change/work the HP doesn't have a ribbon more complex wires (SATA??).

Does anyone know if I can play by using steam today and then get a new drive tomorrow and delete steam thereafter?

I don't wish to have steam on my computer you see.

Lurker

For the XML parsing error I am doing what it says in the frequently asked questions about thw shortcut but it then says that the target box is not valid - can anyone help?

Lurker

Angry Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

i have tryed everythink and downloaded the patches but wen i click to load the game it still comes up that i have used the code and must still register I get the "this passcode is already in use" message everytime I click on the icon on my desktop, the authenticate box comes up and then I enter the code (it successfully registered once before via steam) and the message comes up that I have already activated the game. I am yet to play the game despite buying it yesterday!

Amateur

Right I have installed FM using steam.

If someone from SI can let me know if it is okay to delete steam and install off the disc tomorrow (when I get my new drive) I would be most grateful.

Rather not have the steam software on my computer

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast