Closed Thread
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 5540

Thread: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

  1. #901
    Sports Interactive Boah's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June 2000
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardav View Post
    can i play the game with no errors coming up?
    Did you try to run the game after installing it (but with the NonFatalError)? Other than the Games Explorer tasks error, the rest of the install seems to be fine, so the game should run fine as long as there are no other problems on your system.

    I'm not sure why it fails when trying to set up the Games Explorer entry for FM2009 on your system - we have not seen this here.

  2. #902
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Location
    Newport, Wales
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by stereomad View Post
    exactly. thats not a dig at the tech guys on here who are doing the best. I said the exact same thing to my mate and his reply was "the big cheeses dont seem to care, they just think that they can resolve any problems by releasing updates or patches after the release, but what about those people who are not connected to the internet" and this is the case with my other mate.

    he' connected on dial up, Direct X is currently taking me 10 hours to download via my wireless broadband therefore dial up would be incredible. I think a refund for those people who not go a miss
    they are doing a great job, but i cant help thinking that if it was done right in the first place then these poor tech guys wouldnt have to put up with the stuff ppl are throwing at them.

  3. #903
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???

  4. #904
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2004
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Any new on activation -10 error ?
    Ive tried lower & upper letters, and firewall & anti virus disabled.......still nothing looks like the game is going back.
    SI/SEGA you got until 4pm today or its going back to Morrisons Supermarket Store.

  5. #905
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Muzchap I have sent you 2 private messages explaining my problem and I haven't heard anything from you

    Matt

  6. #906
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Talking Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I HAVE GOT IT WORKING! WOOHOO!

    I totally uninstalled, then installed it back on (not via the steam route!), and then i downloaded the 9.01 patch, and also a d3dref9.dll file into the fm09 foldr, and now it launches!

    Can i just say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to NEIL!!! Thanks for your patience and several options.

    Toucwood i wont have any problems actually playing the game itself now.

    I really do think credit needs to go to all the SI team who are on these forums helping chumps like me fix the problem, i hope i speak for everyone when i say its much appreciated.

    On final question, can i still add the game via steam and play online with friends or not (seeing as i installed it without steam?)

    Liam

  7. #907
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I can't download the patch. It comes up with the message "Windows has found a problem with this file - Unknown publisher" when the patch finishes downloading.

    Sorry, I must have asked this question 5 times around the forums by now, but got no answer!

  8. #908

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mani18 View Post
    Everytime I load up steam this message appears:

    I have reinstalled steam countless times and still can't get the program running. Help please I hope to play Fm today !
    I've just done a google search on this issue.

    This taken from the halflife2.net forum

    "Originally Posted by berrs001
    I had this problem too. If you are using peerguardian check that it is not blocking any of the IP's that valve/steam uses. You can either allow each one individually or disable PG for a short period."

  9. #909
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Can someone please help me and stopping ignoring me cus im getting really annoyed now

  10. #910
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hello to anyone at sega, SI or anyone who can help.

    My hames installed fine, all the patches are in place, it opens quickly, runs smoothly and then as soon as i get to a match, when i click continue or proceed to match, the arrow changes to a football and thats the end of it. Nothing, even left it for 1 hour.

    This seems to have been a bit of a common problem so hopefully theres a solution

    Cheers

    i know this is the 2nd time that i have posted this message but i don't want to be forgotten about

    Thanks

    Martin

  11. #911
    Reserves
    Join Date
    23rd July 2001
    Location
    PSN: KevinRLFC,
    Posts
    10,902

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    cannot run the game due to failed to set up graphics system?

  12. #912
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i'm in the error -10 boat i understand that im not the only one with problems, however it looks like i'm not alone with this. even if it's a simple reply telling us that you still don't have a solution

  13. #913
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinLFC View Post
    cannot run the game due to failed to set up graphics system?
    Please check the first page of this thread (Known Issues) and try the workaround posted there.

  14. #914
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinplumb1983 View Post
    Hello to anyone at sega, SI or anyone who can help.

    My hames installed fine, all the patches are in place, it opens quickly, runs smoothly and then as soon as i get to a match, when i click continue or proceed to match, the arrow changes to a football and thats the end of it. Nothing, even left it for 1 hour.

    This seems to have been a bit of a common problem so hopefully theres a solution

    Cheers

    i know this is the 2nd time that i have posted this message but i don't want to be forgotten about

    Thanks

    Martin
    Hi Martin,

    Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode to see if that helps?

  15. #915
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    afternoon everyone, i tried for around 6 hours yesterday to just install FM2009 on my computer with no joy. looking forward to all these activation issues if i can get that far.

    i'm on XP, have a dvd drive and all requirements to play this game. but when i put the disc in, the autoinstall doesnt kick in, and the disc doesnt even register.

    anyone have any idea's how to tackle this and is there a way i could maybe just download the game using my keycode if the disc isn't going to work.

    bought it from play.com if that helps

    thanks in advance

  16. #916
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Can someone please help me and stopping ignoring me cus im getting really annoyed now
    Did you try the activator script? You can find details of the download link and instructions on the first page of this thread.

  17. #917
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    OK - I'm a bit confused here.

    STEAM is on the disc, so I don't see why you would have to download it.

    Is the DVD in your DVD drive, and can you see it there when you go to "my computer"?
    Sorry i didn't mean to say download steam. What i meant was that when it installs it during the installation process and then asks me to enter my product code, that is as far as i can get.

    Yes the DVD is in my DVD drive and i can see it in my computer.

  18. #918
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi.Wondering if anyone knows how to fix this error message "the game is currently unavailable, please try again later". I have tried to delete the client registry but nothing happens. I also have a problem where an error message occurs saying the game is already running, which also happened on the o8 version.

  19. #919
    Sports Interactive Boah's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June 2000
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Scunny Brett View Post
    removed link to screenshot

    pm sent with info
    Ok, if Unlocker shows no locks then I'm a bit confused. The other thing I can think is if the exe is not there (but the screenshot appears to show that it is; and also the patch tool would give a different error if the exe is not present). So the next thing I can think of is if the permissions are correct.
    • Is the account you are running the patch installer from a computer administrator?
    • Does the patch installer find the FM2009 installation automatically (all you should have to do is click 'Update')?
    • Does the patch installer update some/most files and then show this error towards the end?
    • Can you check the permissions on fm.exe (right click fm.exe, click Properties, click Security, check that 'Administrators' has 'Full control' plus 'Modify', 'Read & Execute', 'Read' and 'Write')?
    • Check that the user is part of the computer administrators group on the computer? (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> System Tools -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> <your username> -> Right click and choose Properties -> check "Member Of" tab)

  20. #920
    Reserves
    Join Date
    23rd July 2001
    Location
    PSN: KevinRLFC,
    Posts
    10,902

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    I can't download the patch. It comes up with the message "Windows has found a problem with this file - Unknown publisher" when the patch finishes downloading.

    Sorry, I must have asked this question 5 times around the forums by now, but got no answer!
    I had that problem. Ignore it, go to where you saved it and update it.

  21. #921

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions

    [quote=Danielzkurupt;2052775]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
    Please post here even if you've posted in another thread and we're yet to help you.[/QU

    I have now activated this game by phone and still nothing, I have been playing champ/football manager now for years and never had any problems. Why has there been so much hasssle with this game, why the need to get it authourised. If soloution not sorted out soon this game is going back, I am sure you have had thousands returned already after reading comments online.

    All I get when I open football manager 2009 is a picture of a football orniment, really starting to get annoyed now.
    Can you please let us know what graphics card you have in your machine, and the specs of the computer?

  22. #922
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    I've just done a google search on this issue.

    This taken from the halflife2.net forum

    "Originally Posted by berrs001
    I had this problem too. If you are using peerguardian check that it is not blocking any of the IP's that valve/steam uses. You can either allow each one individually or disable PG for a short period."
    what is peerguardian? how do i check if i have it? and how do i access it? cheers

  23. #923
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Vista users may try this:

    1. Remove your DVD
    2. Start -> Configuration -> Hardware & Sounds -> Autoplay options
    -> Check the checkbox on the top
    -> Choose with "Software & Games" for the option: "Open folder and show files with Windows Explore"
    3. Save
    4. Insert your game
    5. Run setup (could take a while before it starts).
    so what should people who have xp do if there computer will not see the disc? (i do have a dvd drive so thats not the problem)

  24. #924
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Hi Martin,

    Can you try running the game in Windowed Mode to see if that helps?
    Hey Neil,

    thanks for coming back to me

    for some reason it doesn't give me that option, its shadowed out in grey but i can choose about 20 different size's none of which make any difference

  25. #925
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    I've just done a google search on this issue.

    This taken from the halflife2.net forum

    "Originally Posted by berrs001
    I had this problem too. If you are using peerguardian check that it is not blocking any of the IP's that valve/steam uses. You can either allow each one individually or disable PG for a short period."
    How would I disable PG for a short while?

  26. #926

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinLFC View Post
    cannot run the game due to failed to set up graphics system?
    From the opening post in this thread.

    ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

    Fix:
    Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

    You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

  27. #927
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Did you try the activator script? You can find details of the download link and instructions on the first page of this thread.
    Yes I did and still not working

  28. #928
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???

  29. #929

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jp3ce View Post
    so what should people who have xp do if there computer will not see the disc? (i do have a dvd drive so thats not the problem)
    From Muzchaps post in the page previously

    "Have you tried deleting upper and lower filters for the device.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ "

  30. #930
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinLFC View Post
    I had that problem. Ignore it, go to where you saved it and update it.
    I don't know where I saved it. Do you know the default place where I would have saved it?

  31. #931
    Reserves
    Join Date
    23rd July 2001
    Location
    PSN: KevinRLFC,
    Posts
    10,902

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    I don't know where I saved it. Do you know the default place where I would have saved it?

    I would not know where you saved it but I saved it in my documents and settings.

  32. #932
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by villalad View Post
    Yes I did and still not working
    If you go to http://help.sega.com/ you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help guide you thorugh your problems.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

  33. #933
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2004
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10

  34. #934
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrennan View Post
    i'm in the error -10 boat i understand that im not the only one with problems, however it looks like i'm not alone with this. even if it's a simple reply telling us that you still don't have a solution
    Someone??!

  35. #935
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Boah View Post
    Ok, if Unlocker shows no locks then I'm a bit confused. The other thing I can think is if the exe is not there (but the screenshot appears to show that it is; and also the patch tool would give a different error if the exe is not present). So the next thing I can think of is if the permissions are correct.
    • Is the account you are running the patch installer from a computer administrator? Yes It Does
    • Does the patch installer find the FM2009 installation automatically (all you should have to do is click 'Update')? Yhup
    • Does the patch installer update some/most files and then show this error towards the end? Its Shows The error when it gets to updating fm2009.exe which is file 159 of 171
    • Can you check the permissions on fm.exe (right click fm.exe, click Properties, click Security, check that 'Administrators' has 'Full control' plus 'Modify', 'Read & Execute', 'Read' and 'Write')? When i RC the only tabs that come up are General, Version, Compatability and Summary
    • Check that the user is part of the computer administrators group on the computer? (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> System Tools -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> <your username> -> Right click and choose Properties -> check "Member Of" tab) Yes it was

    Ive answered the questions above. the only thing i have noticed is when i try to run the dotnetfx.exe in the directx folder it says "SETUP CANNOT CONTINUE BECAUSE THE VERSION OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH A PREVIOOUS INSTALLED ONE. FOR MORE INFO SEE HTP://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/SUPPORT/KB/ARTICLES/Q312/5/00.ASP"

    would that have something to do with it and if so how do i fix it
    Last edited by Scunny Brett; 16-11-2008 at 13:10.

  36. #936
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mani18 View Post
    How would I disable PG for a short while?
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...hp?p_faqid=261
    not seen if it works but this might help

  37. #937
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I appear to be having game play problems. have got the game loaded, but when it comes to playing a game (ie 1st pre-season friendly, the game freezes and nothing happens) any 1 help?

  38. #938
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinLFC View Post
    I would not know where you saved it but I saved it in my documents and settings.
    Well I clicked "run" not "save". Is this the problem?

  39. #939
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by pnalyd7 View Post
    Error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10 error -10
    From the Known Issues thread on the first page:

    I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

    Fix: The error 10 is related to not being able see the server correctly; this could be due to a firewall blockage or ‘proxy’ issue. We are investigating further, but do have a workaround – please can you call one of the Customer Services numbers below and an Operator will talk you through activation:

    UK* - 0871 010 8002
    FR - 08 20 37 61 58
    *
    All other number for support and their territories can be found here:
    *
    http://www.sega.co.uk/support/

  40. #940
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    why would, after installing it, the game not even launch via shortcut or locating file themselves? will direct x download do anything for this? the patch is installed

  41. #941

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by johno1 View Post
    Sorry i didn't mean to say download steam. What i meant was that when it installs it during the installation process and then asks me to enter my product code, that is as far as i can get.

    Yes the DVD is in my DVD drive and i can see it in my computer.
    Does this help, from the post on the first page

    "I’ve installed the game where are the files located?

    Fix:C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009"

  42. #942
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBBO79 View Post
    I appear to be having game play problems. have got the game loaded, but when it comes to playing a game (ie 1st pre-season friendly, the game freezes and nothing happens) any 1 help?
    Hi Robbo,

    Can you try playing your game in Windowed Mode please to see if that helps?

  43. #943
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboykim View Post
    Someone??!
    From the Known Issues thread on the first page:

    I’m receiving the Error [-10] what can I do?

    Fix: The error 10 is related to not being able see the server correctly; this could be due to a firewall blockage or ‘proxy’ issue. We are investigating further, but do have a workaround – please can you call one of the Customer Services numbers below and an Operator will talk you through activation:

    UK* - 0871 010 8002
    FR - 08 20 37 61 58
    *
    All other number for support and their territories can be found here:
    *
    http://www.sega.co.uk/support/

  44. #944

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    Well I clicked "run" not "save". Is this the problem?
    It could well be depending on your operating system. It's well worth downloading it to your desktop, or the directory where FM is, and then double clicking on it from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBBO79 View Post
    I appear to be having game play problems. have got the game loaded, but when it comes to playing a game (ie 1st pre-season friendly, the game freezes and nothing happens) any 1 help?
    Have you tried playing with windowed mode turned on? This seems to fix the issue for many with below minimum spec graphics cards (I'm presuming you are in the same boat, so apologies in advance if you are not )

  45. #945
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hello admin guys, i have return it back to asda and bought it from game. now i need my softanchor product key

    ps does this mean owt to you?
    Installation: Successful.

    1588 Successes
    0 Warnings
    0 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

  46. #946
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2004
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    0871 010 8002 NUMBER ERROR This is a bloody JOKE ! You've had your chance its going back !!!!!

  47. #947
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    From the Known Issues thread on the first page:
    i don't want to have to ring a number which will cost me even more money, i already paid enough for the game

  48. #948
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinplumb1983 View Post
    Hey Neil,

    thanks for coming back to me

    for some reason it doesn't give me that option, its shadowed out in grey but i can choose about 20 different size's none of which make any difference
    Hmm okay. You can force the game into Windowed Mode using command line options.

    If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --small_screen and --windowed command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

    If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    • If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

  49. #949
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hello neil or miles

    What do i do when it won't let me select windopwed as an option, is grey shadowed out????

    By the sounds of it this will help me

    Thanks

    Martin

  50. #950

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Blades75 View Post
    hello admin guys, i have return it back to asda and bought it from game. now i need my softanchor product key
    Your softanchor product key is on the back of the manual - please let us know how you get on with it!

  51. #951
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Martinplumb1983 View Post
    Hello neil or miles

    What do i do when it won't let me select windopwed as an option, is grey shadowed out????

    By the sounds of it this will help me

    Thanks

    Martin
    Sorry neil, i was typing whils you were replying.

    I'll try that and let you know

    cheers

  52. #952
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Muzchap,

    I understand your last post about this. However i have spent 2 days messing with things, The broken disc is something that i think is a realistic error in my eyes, I cant see how so many people would have issues, And why would SI release a game now, with all these problesm. Surely the game has been tested.... bad lot of disc i think! i may pop to tesco and buy another 1, then take the old one back tommorrow. My origional was from game, chesterfield uk

  53. #953
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th September 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Does this help, from the post on the first page

    "I’ve installed the game where are the files located?

    Fix:C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009"
    Yes those files are there, do you want to see my installLog?

  54. #954
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    Hi Robbo,

    Can you try playing your game in Windowed Mode please to see if that helps?
    sorry, how do i do that?

  55. #955
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    From Muzchaps post in the page previously

    "Have you tried deleting upper and lower filters for the device.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ "
    i have the same problem, i've just tried this and still have no joy getting my comp to register the disc.

    any ideas?

    cheers

  56. #956
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Has anyone else had this problem, basically the confirm button when attempting to offer an amount for a player or to offer a player to another club is not there so I cant sign anyone or offer players to another club? I've tried everything such as hovering over where it should be, ful/windowed mode, I've re-installed the patch a few times and it happens everytime not just once or twice!

    Any ideas?

    LINK

  57. #957
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBBO79 View Post
    sorry, how do i do that?
    If you look a few posts upwards you should be able to find instructions I gave somebody else on how to do it.

  58. #958
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Your softanchor product key is on the back of the manual - please let us know how you get on with it!
    error 1003

  59. #959
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    From Muzchaps post in the page previously

    "Have you tried deleting upper and lower filters for the device.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ "
    have just tryied this and again no luck, any more suggestions or away around this issue of not seeing the disc

  60. #960

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrennan View Post
    i don't want to have to ring a number which will cost me even more money, i already paid enough for the game
    Quote Originally Posted by pnalyd7 View Post
    0871 010 8002 NUMBER ERROR This is a bloody JOKE ! You've had your chance its going back !!!!!
    If you don't want to call the number, or can't get through, the only suggestion I have is to go to http://help.sega.com/ you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help you.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

    We can only offer the solutions that we are given for the -10 issue, as that is what we've been given by SoftAnchor, so we can't really help here any more than that

  61. #961
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Dejyothin View Post
    From the Known Issues thread on the first page:
    i think the number is 0870 0108002, not 0871 ......
    Last edited by bassett1; 16-11-2008 at 13:22. Reason: wrong phone no

  62. #962
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    when trying to watch the match it closes and says ' directsounderror -2004287480

    i have the reccomended spec, the latest graphic drivers update, the sdk download which took hours. i have got everything but it just crashes.

    i have also tried it in windowed mode and in 2d. please help.

  63. #963
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekFMGlive View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem, basically the confirm button when attempting to offer an amount for a player or to offer a player to another club is not there so I cant sign anyone or offer players to another club? I've tried everything such as hovering over where it should be, ful/windowed mode, I've re-installed the patch a few times and it happens everytime not just once or twice!

    Any ideas?

    LINK
    That's quite unusual. It sounds like some files didn't get installed. You could try pressing 'Enter' to confirm, but more likely you need to reinstall the game to make sure the actual graphics for those buttons are present on your machine.

  64. #964
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    [QUOTE=Miles Jacobson;2053313]It could well be depending on your operating system. It's well worth downloading it to your desktop, or the directory where FM is, and then double clicking on it from there.

    This still doesn't help, as I'm still getting the "Windows has found a problem with this file -Unknown publisher" message.

    Is it possible to get the patch elsewhere instead from RapidShare?

  65. #965

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jp3ce View Post
    have just tryied this and again no luck, any more suggestions or away around this issue of not seeing the disc
    Can you tell me the model of your DVD drive? Have you tried to run any other DVD's in it today to test it? (a strange question, I know, but the DVD drive in my Dell laptop is very tempermental sometimes...)

  66. #966
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???

  67. #967
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Who should I e-mail right now to get my Keycode on the back of the manual confirmed?

  68. #968
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jaygo1984 View Post
    hey team, i finally got my fm2009 up and running last nite but everytime i try to start a match, the game just freezes and crashes. i tried to change the display settings to windowed mode but it wont let me click it, any ideas???
    You can force the game into Windowed Mode using command line options.

    If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:
    • Right-click on the FM shortcut.
    • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
    • In the "Target" field, add the --small_screen and --windowed command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
      "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed
    • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

    If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.
    • If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
    • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
      C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

  69. #969

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    [quote=wolvesfansam;2053450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Is it possible to get the patch elsewhere instead from RapidShare?
    Torrent download - http://torrent.sigames.com:7000/torrents/fm2009_910-pc.exe.torrent?226495BCD9AC9267D30E9FAB48A95F07341 65615

    Download 1 - http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57496
    (5 mirrors - with huge thanks to our friends at http://worthplaying.com!)

    Download 2 - http://rapidshare.de/files/40902317/FM2009v9.1.0Patch.exe

    Download 3 -
    http://www.lespacio.com/fm2009.php (with thanks to Jez @ Laspacio)

    Download 4 - http://www.bdgamers.net/2008/11/14/f...d-patched.html
    (with thanks to Rajiv at bdgamers.net)

  70. #970
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Can you tell me the model of your DVD drive? Have you tried to run any other DVD's in it today to test it? (a strange question, I know, but the DVD drive in my Dell laptop is very tempermental sometimes...)
    sorry for hijacking, but i'm having this same problem,

    the model Number is HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA_H21L

    any ideas?

  71. #971
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th January 2008
    Location
    East London England
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I have done activation by phone it tells me game is unlocked then i try to run game and the keycode screen comes back up please help been waiting since friday

  72. #972
    Reserves
    Join Date
    23rd July 2001
    Location
    PSN: KevinRLFC,
    Posts
    10,902

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    Well I clicked "run" not "save". Is this the problem?
    Yes you should save it.

  73. #973
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Has the been a fix for this yet?

    "We're sorry, but this installation of football manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason : The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection for help please visit http://sigames.com"

    Tried all the previous stuff just wonder if anything new has come up to solve this?

    nearly 3 days with the game and no play

    Thanks for the help though.

  74. #974
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    when i go to the rapid share link there is no file to download just gives me a box in which to upload files...please help?

  75. #975
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Sorry neil, i may of over reacted, but i want you to understand why i'm at breaking point. I first tried activating my game through steam, but i kept getting the steam.dll error, after mant attempts i was getting no luck. So i tried to use uniloc method and things were going ok until i needed to register the game. i checked and i'm suffering with error 10. I know you sugested to ring 0871 010 8002 but i can't get hold of a landline and it would cost loads to ring on a mobile. I just want to play the game i bought, please please help!

  76. #976

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by chriswalker67 View Post
    sorry for hijacking, but i'm having this same problem,

    the model Number is HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA_H21L

    any ideas?
    Have you tried what I suggested in the post you started yesterday, which I replied to this morning?

    If so, something else for you to try is updating your firmware - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3184140

  77. #977
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th August 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    hello admin got the game working i think..but i cannot download the v9.1 patch from the sigame website. where eles can i get it from

  78. #978
    Amateur
    Join Date
    7th November 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    If you don't want to call the number, or can't get through, the only suggestion I have is to go to http://help.sega.com/ you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help you.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

    We can only offer the solutions that we are given for the -10 issue, as that is what we've been given by SoftAnchor, so we can't really help here any more than that
    cheers thanks for the help

  79. #979
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrennan View Post
    Sorry neil, i may of over reacted, but i want you to understand why i'm at breaking point. I first tried activating my game through steam, but i kept getting the steam.dll error, after mant attempts i was getting no luck. So i tried to use uniloc method and things were going ok until i needed to register the game. i checked and i'm suffering with error 10. I know you sugested to ring 0871 010 8002 but i can't get hold of a landline and it would cost loads to ring on a mobile. I just want to play the game i bought, please please help!
    It's okay. We're frustrated too.

    You can go to http://help.sega.com/ where you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help you.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

  80. #980
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th March 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I am having the problem that many people are having whis is the "Failed To Setup Graphics System"
    I have tried downloading the DirectX Link which has been on this pages but it says i need packer tool???
    I really aint that computer savvy so can someone help please???

  81. #981
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    Has the been a fix for this yet?

    "We're sorry, but this installation of football manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason : The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection for help please visit http://sigames.com"

    Tried all the previous stuff just wonder if anything new has come up to solve this?

    nearly 3 days with the game and no play

    Thanks for the help though.
    Did you try the activator script? Details can be found on the first page of this thread.

  82. #982
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    i keep getting "football manager has stopped working properly" - a problem has caused the programme to stop working :\

  83. #983
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    I posted the following complaint to Marc's E-Mail address about 10 ish this morning thso morning and I'm yet to get a reply either or here or via E-Mail can someone please please help me with my problem

    Thanks in advance






    I have been trying to play the game now for 3 straight days and still no joy so I look around these forumd for dome help and maybe a solution. I read with intrest your help page on page 1 as I too have been having problems with Internet connections. So I followed yopur step by step guide on page 1 on this topic but yet when I put my code into the activate box I get the following error :

    Line : 22
    Char : 1
    Error : The system could not find the file specified
    Code : 80070002
    Source : ( null )


    I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if the lads at SI can help get me sorted out as after 3 very long and stressful days of trying to access and play the game I've virtually pulled out all my hair which isn't a good thing as I'm starting to look like my dad !!!!!!!!!

  84. #984
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    [QUOTE=Miles Jacobson;2053480]
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvesfansam View Post
    Which mirror do I choose from the worthplaying website? It only lists USA, Australia, Germany and Holland. I'm from the UK!

  85. #985
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Thanks ever so much neil for your co operation, its worked a treat. yous have put alot of effort into getting everyone up and running, it is appreciated.

  86. #986
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by max123455 View Post
    when trying to watch the match it closes and says ' directsounderror -2004287480

    i have the reccomended spec, the latest graphic drivers update, the sdk download which took hours. i have got everything but it just crashes.

    i have also tried it in windowed mode and in 2d. please help.
    please could you help neil or miles im desperate to play

  87. #987

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by TEL123 View Post
    I have done activation by phone it tells me game is unlocked then i try to run game and the keycode screen comes back up please help been waiting since friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Damrock View Post
    Has the been a fix for this yet?

    "We're sorry, but this installation of football manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason : The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection for help please visit http://sigames.com"
    Tried all the previous stuff just wonder if anything new has come up to solve this?
    nearly 3 days with the game and no play
    Thanks for the help though.
    If you've tried all the options on the first post on this thread, the please go to http://help.sega.com/ where you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help guide you thorugh your problems.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by robbie fowler 23 View Post
    when i go to the rapid share link there is no file to download just gives me a box in which to upload files...please help?
    Try one of the other downloads, a list of which I posted just a few minutes ago on this thread.

  88. #988
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Any further info on 821/819 errors yet?

    Using steam, no certificate files found, etc

    Product is activating through phone option but when i launch game it just comes back up asking for code like it hasn't been activated.

    Have done this 3 times now and that voice on the phone really staring to irritate.

    Please help

  89. #989
    Sports Interactive Neil Dejyothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th October 2000
    Location
    Shearer \o.
    Posts
    9,425

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by max123455 View Post
    please could you help neil or miles im desperate to play
    The simple workaround for now is to disable sounds from the Preferences screen or update your sound card drivers.

  90. #990
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Have you tried what I suggested in the post you started yesterday, which I replied to this morning?

    If so, something else for you to try is updating your firmware - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3184140
    yeah i've tried that 3 times now, still no luck with it.

    i'll try updating the firmware and hopefully that works,

    cheers for the help btw, i can see you guys are busy.

  91. #991
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    From Muzchaps post in the page previously

    "Have you tried deleting upper and lower filters for the device.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/ "
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Can you tell me the model of your DVD drive? Have you tried to run any other DVD's in it today to test it? (a strange question, I know, but the DVD drive in my Dell laptop is very tempermental sometimes...)
    yeh just tryied a dvd and it all worked fine, dvd model is TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552U, if that is the information you need?

  92. #992

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    [quote=wolvesfansam;2053564]
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post

    Which mirror do I choose from the worthplaying website? It only lists USA, Australia, Germany and Holland. I'm from the UK!
    Holland

  93. #993

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jp3ce View Post
    yeh just tryied a dvd and it all worked fine, dvd model is TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552U, if that is the information you need?
    OK - please try updating the firmware.

    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/do...ia_cd=10010100

  94. #994
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd November 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Could someone tell me who I should e-mail regarding confirmation of my key code please?

  95. #995

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by cm0215 View Post
    Any further info on 821/819 errors yet?

    Using steam, no certificate files found, etc
    Product is activating through phone option but when i launch game it just comes back up asking for code like it hasn't been activated.
    Have done this 3 times now and that voice on the phone really staring to irritate.
    Please help
    If you've tried all the options on the first post on this thread, the please go to http://help.sega.com/ where you can raise an individual ticket, and someone will help guide you thorugh your problems.

    You should be able to log in with the same details you use for this forum.

  96. #996
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBBO79 View Post
    sorry, how do i do that?
    have tried sorting the windowed thing but it wudnt let me add anything, saying it was the wrong path

  97. #997

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Liam View Post
    Could someone tell me who I should e-mail regarding confirmation of my key code please?
    You don't need to email anyone Liam - I'm not sure what you mean. What error message are you getting when you type in the code?

  98. #998
    Amateur
    Join Date
    16th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by MELDER View Post
    i keep getting "football manager has stopped working properly" - a problem has caused the programme to stop working :\
    im gutted D:

  99. #999
    Amateur
    Join Date
    15th November 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    Hi neil,

    Just ran that activate script which worked.

    Went to open the game the softanchor online activation came up asking for me key.

    Key went in press next and now it says " This unlock key is already active. To purchase an unlock key, Please visit : http://sigames.com."

  100. #1000
    Amateur
    Join Date
    3rd August 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Known issues and solutions - FAQ

    This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

    that is all im getting i need a DLL i think. Also there is no shortcut created on my desktop, I havent played the game yet.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts