Ever Killed A Team?

What I mean is just release all their players, leave them with nothing, then resign to watch them sink?

I did that with Falkirk after a horrible run with them in the First Division. They annoyed me completely, underachieved, complained and moaned all the time, and couldn't get promoted after losing the last game. So I released every player from first team to reserves to under 18's and just watched them sink. Surprisingly they only managed to sink to the second division and promoted back to First, but they're always in relegation zone. And every manager seems to get sacked from Falkirk, quite amusing.

What I mean is just release all their players, leave them with nothing, then resign to watch them sink?

I did that with Falkirk after a horrible run with them in the First Division. They annoyed me completely, underachieved, complained and moaned all the time, and couldn't get promoted after losing the last game. So I released every player from first team to reserves to under 18's and just watched them sink. Surprisingly they only managed to sink to the second division and promoted back to First, but they're always in relegation zone. And every manager seems to get sacked from Falkirk, quite amusing.

I did something more fun in FM07.

I was managing Villa. There was a broad takeover and the new owner decided to sack me and employ someone else. So I went back to my save 2 weeks ago (I have a rolling save every two weeks) and offer every single players a 5 years contract with the highest wages (about 40000 a week i think) plus a 25% annual rise plus maximum bonus.

Two weeks later i got sack as expected. What they have left then was a huge wage bill which they can't maintain. The new manager can't sell anyone due to the high wage. With the 25% rise it get worse every season. The slump all the way down to the league two and bankrupted a several times on the way. They change manager every few months but nothing can help them get out of the rot. Strange things is they were still able to attract high profile-ish manager to manage them and sometimes still able to get better players than other division rivals. I guess that was due to higher reputation than others.

pretty much every english game i play i do the same to chelsea, just to restore the balance in the prem. it's not so straightforward but very much fun. release all the players i can, set those i can't release's asking prices to zero and offer them to everyone when they have pretty much have no players left i buy someone from a non-playable league for 50-60 million and then sign free transfer guff players on 5-year 125k p/w contracts just to insure they fail. it really helps me in terms of longevity of my game just watching them nosedive. usually they end up as league one also-rans and bankrupt.

priceless!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nezimhalilovic:

pretty much every english game i play i do the same to chelsea, just to restore the balance in the prem. it's not so straightforward but very much fun. release all the players i can, set those i can't release's asking prices to zero and offer them to everyone when they have pretty much have no players left i buy someone from a non-playable league for 50-60 million and then sign free transfer guff players on 5-year 125k p/w contracts just to insure they fail. it really helps me in terms of longevity of my game just watching them nosedive. usually they end up as league one also-rans and bankrupt.

priceless! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like someone can't beat them

I remember a game of CM97/98 where I was managing Barnet and had taken them to the Premier division, but season after season I could only finish second place to Leeds. I would win almost every match except the two against Leeds who were simply invincible. In the end I had enough and added a new manager - Carlton Palmer - whose sole purpose would be to sabotage Leeds for me.

I started off simply by dropping a few of their best players to the bench, but they kept winning. Then I got more adventurous, fielding a team of reserves, but they still kept winning.

Finally in sheer frustration I fielded a side consisting of only seven players, mainly goalkeepers, and all positioned on the right wing. They only lost by one goal, and came close to winning their match. Carlton's brief managerial career ended by him offloading a few players on free transfers and buying some distinctly average players in their place. Then he resigned. Strangely enough he kept getting job offers, so I had to retire him from the game.

But as we all know cheating never pays. I lost my interest in that savegame shortly afterwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

I was managing Villa. There was a broad takeover and the new owner decided to sack me and employ someone else. So I went back to my save 2 weeks ago (I have a rolling save every two weeks) and offer every single players a 5 years contract with the highest wages (about 40000 a week i think) plus a 25% annual rise plus maximum bonus.

Two weeks later i got sack as expected. What they have left then was a huge wage bill which they can't maintain. The new manager can't sell anyone due to the high wage. With the 25% rise it get worse every season. The slump all the way down to the league two and bankrupted a several times on the way. They change manager every few months but nothing can help them get out of the rot.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by its me:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

Two weeks later i got sack as expected. What they have left then was a huge wage bill which they can't maintain. The new manager can't sell anyone due to the high wage. With the 25% rise it get worse every season. The slump all the way down to the league two and bankrupted a several times on the way. They change manager every few months but nothing can help them get out of the rot.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like my beloved Bradford City in real life! icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

I'm currently doing the same with Barcelona. I'm trying to sell all their players and replace them with rubbish free transfers. I've moved all their first team to the B-Team and registered them and gone on holiday until January.

I've also sent a load of them I couldn't sell to an Italian feeder team.

I am in control of Harrogate in the lowest english league, but created another user just to see Chelsea go down. Donated all their money by buying terrible players from Dundee, sold all their players, and then again used all their money recieved from the transfers. Then I fired all the staff members, and signed just horrible players from free transfer and offered them the longest contract possible with the highest salery and of cause 25 % wage raise. Now to seasons later they are in recievership, already owing the bank 450 million punds, and about to be taken over by the third board in just two years. I just hate Chelsea if you have not realised that yet icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by its me:

Two weeks later i got sack as expected. What they have left then was a huge wage bill which they can't maintain. The new manager can't sell anyone due to the high wage. With the 25% rise it get worse every season. The slump all the way down to the league two and bankrupted a several times on the way. They change manager every few months but nothing can help them get out of the rot.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like my beloved Bradford City in real life! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Il second that icon_frown.gif

as i do in every game i play.....i set man utd rep to 10, gave them minimal training and youth facilities . got rid of their best players, and then signed all the rest to maximum allowable contract 25% yearly increase. sacked all their staff, fined and criticised all remaining players.

spent all their transfer budget on rubbish players, signed up all the useless unattached players to further increase their wage bill.

then i sit back and enjoy icon_cool.gif

I figured Falkirk needed a little help to stay in first division where they belong. Their heave 7-2 defeat vs Rangers helped me make that decision.

Now if Morton's Manager keeps his attitude up towards me, he's going to have problems. icon_wink.gif

Yeh with Chelsea I did something similiar just to see what happened to them.

I sold all of their decent players on for free to clubs that wanted them, had to release the likes of Makelele because nobody wanted him!!

Then when everyone had gone I spent the rest of their money buying people like Rob Lee, Ray Parlour, Gary Speed and Mark Crossley for silly transfer fees like 20 million for the ones that were still at a club etc on 5 year deals £100,000+ a week each until their transfer budget was gone, then I signed up all of the young crap players on new super contracts so that all of the deals was signed at once.

Their wage bill was then something like £3 million a week, then resigned and went on holiday for ages.

When I came back they were in the championship after about 4 seasons or so and slowly beginning to rebuild after they had managed to somehow offload some of the players and some of them retired etc.

Just bored pretty much and not a Chelsea fan!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rega:

What's the point? It just makes the game completely unrealistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spite.

Which is why I destroyed Everton in CM97/98. Buggers beat me all the time and one day I just lost it. Danny Cadamatari and Michael Branch were just insanely good.

so? everyone have their own way to have fun with the game. Personally i only play the single player game to test out tactics. My "main" and "serious" game is the network with my friend and the missus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your misses plays FM !! WOW !!

My gf despises FM, always making me choose!

Frankly only one winner..... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nezimhalilovic:

did mummy and daddy show you no love??

or are you a man utd fan who can't handle the fact that you are no longer all that!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

so? everyone have their own way to have fun with the game. Personally i only play the single player game to test out tactics. My "main" and "serious" game is the network with my friend and the missus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your misses plays FM !! WOW !!

My gf despises FM, always making me choose!

Frankly only one winner..... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is japanese so she plays many games. The downside of her starting to play FM (actually it was CM0304 when she starts) is that she started to go to Leeds away games with me and turning into a hooligan. She was the only 5"4 Japanese woman i know who shouted "W@nkers!" (along with the hand gesture) to 3000 Preston fans

Two weeks later i got sack as expected. What they have left then was a huge wage bill which they can't maintain. The new manager can't sell anyone due to the high wage. With the 25% rise it get worse every season. The slump all the way down to the league two and bankrupted a several times on the way. They change manager every few months but nothing can help them get out of the rot. Strange things is they were still able to attract high profile-ish manager to manage them and sometimes still able to get better players than other division rivals. I guess that was due to higher reputation than others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I may be the victim of the AI doing this right before my move to Bologna... icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

ManU are 'all that'

Much better than Chelsea

Coming from a Arsenal fan!

If he wants to make Chelsea balance zero, let him, big deal!

PS. Did u start supporting Chelsea after Abramovic came in!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Stoke City fan thank you mizan!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by little rat:

ManU are 'all that'

Much better than Chelsea

Coming from a Arsenal fan!

If he wants to make Chelsea balance zero, let him, big deal!

PS. Did u start supporting Chelsea after Abramovic came in!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Stoke City fan thank you mizan!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!

Sorry mate!

Stoke doing quite well this season

We might meet in the FA Cup!

I did that to Man Utd in CM3. The difference was that I played them, picking weird formations with no goalkeeper to see them get pummelled 35-0 each game. I sold as many Man U superstars to Brighton for almost nothing (except most of the players refused to go), released players that had high value long term contracts (except the board prevented me sometimes), and signed all the Brighton youth dollars for millions. I kept getting fired every few months and had to retire and re-create myself. It only took a few days to play enough seasons to get ManU out of the league. Silly, but quite fun for a distraction.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

LOL!!

Sorry mate!

Stoke doing quite well this season

We might meet in the FA Cup! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we can do something at st james'!!

which maybe very possible considering their deepening turmoil!!

Sorry for double post!!

Whos the better player on FM?

You or your misses? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she is icon13.gif. My only consolation is that her match usually are dead boring.

It's fun. As a Leeds fan I used to do it to Man U once I'd got bored playing the game properly. I'd sell all the stars and buy in some rubbish/mediocre people for ALL their transfer money. Then go on holiday as ManU manager and play my game as a proper manager, watching them go all the way down. And yes, I was motivated purely by spite and jealousy.

Haven't been bothered to do it in releases that see Leeds languishing in the lower reaches.

Ant

I sometimes ruin Leeds just for sh!ts and giggles if I'm bored. Start them in the Premiership, but rack up the debt and turn back the clock. Watch them get relegated, twice, all over again. It's great. Not jealousy (what's to be jealous of?). Not spite. Just pure and uninhibited loathing.

The challenge is keeping them there wihout getting sacked.

Archived