FM2009: Leeds United No -15 points Holding Us Back This Year

kel-9

35671_Leeds_utd_logo.jpg

Leeds United Association Football Club, commonly referred to as simply Leeds United or informally Leeds, are an English professional football club based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The club's home is the Elland Road stadium in Beeston, where they have played since their foundation in 1919. The club has competed at the top level of English football for the majority of its existence, following the disbanding of its predecessor Leeds City. However, Leeds competed in League One for the 2007–08 season; the first time the club dropped below the top two tiers of domestic football in England, following severe financial turmoil.

Club Imformation

Name:Leeds United FC

Founded: 1919

Ground:Elland Road

Capacity:40,242

Chairman: Ken Bates

League:league one

Rivals:Manchester United,Chelsea, Sheff Utd,Huddersfield,Cardiff

Training Facilities:Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities:Good youth facilities + Youth Academy

Media Prediction:1st

Transfer Budget:£240k

Affiliations:Guiseley,Farsley

Best Player:Jermaine Beckford

Icons:Peter Lorimer, Gary McAllister, Gordon Strachan

Favoured Personal: David Batty, Don Revie, Billy Bremner, Gary Kelly, Lucas Radebe, Eddie Gray, Jermaine Beckford

First Team Squad

Gk Casper Ankergren

GK David Lucas

DR Frazer Richardson

DR Andy Hughes

DL Alan Sheehan

DL Ben Parker

DC Rui Marques

DC Ross Wilkinson

DC Paul Huntington

DC Lubomir Michalik

MR Fabian Delph

ML Andy Robinson

ML Peter Sweeney

MC Jonathan Douglas

MC David Prutton

MC Neil Kilkenny

MC Jonny Howson

ST Robert Snodgrass

ST Jermaine Beckford

ST Luciano Becchio

ST Tom Elliot

Hottest Prospects

Alan Martin

Aidan White

Fabian Delph

Tom Elliot

Fabian Delph has the highest PA of the above with him being a

so he can become a mid table premiership mildfielder or higher.

Assesment

Getting promoted should be an easy target with the squad leeds have with Beckford and Becchio upfront they will form a formidable partnership, so you dont need to improve your squad that much allthough i would say Leeds need a decent right back and another centre back.

Possible Transfers

Leeds allready have a good squad so you may just want to sign two or three players. Try to sign Michael Chopra on loan also try and sign Philippe Christanval on free as he can replace any of the four centre backs.

Transfers out

Sell David Lucas i got £275k for him and for Ben Parker I got £100k and Andy highes i got £100k

This money has went into improving the staff as that is the weakest point of Leeds at the moment

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was dissapointing to find out we didnt have any money to spend.... surely we've had our debts cleared and should have a bit of spending money?

also dissapointed with some of the stats of our players tbh...

becchio and beckford to name two.... beckford is clearly a big star and has had offers from prem clubs... give him a damn break :)...

looking forward to building up a prem class team....

I know thought beckford would be amazing but other than him and becchio i think the have judged the rest of the players rightly

for anyone starting a leeds game move white from the u18 squad and start to play him also move prutton from the reserve team he is one of the best players we have

alright guys bout time someone made a leeds thread, whats everyones tactics and best transfer recommendations?

if you want a centre back look no further than carlos tordoya (bolivian) he is awesome. 150k or so

matias Lequi on a free is good as well DC (Argie)

Joselito Vaca AMRC is quite good 375k

you can sell players for quite a bit of money if you transfer list then straight after offer the below amounts i.e.

Rui marques you can get 400k for him

Douglas 375k

Parker 325k

It's up to you whether you use this for the time been but there is a glitch for a shed load of money for leeds

You can sell David Lucas for £16.25 million if you do it at the beginning because Man C are rich and prepared to pay that much for a reserve keeper, you get round about £9 million to spend, the only person I've gone into this money is James McCarthy from Hamilton £2.5 million I got a load of bolivians for dirt cheap (thanks Nicko Blaggo) these are: -

Ariel Juarez 1k DM

Joaquin Botero 350k AM/FC

Miguel Hoyos 275k D/WB R

Juan Fernando Fierro 1k SC

Jhasmany Campos 1k DM

Anyway If people thrive on money well this is how but It's very unrealistic but fun

alright guys bout time someone made a leeds thread, whats everyones tactics and best transfer recommendations?

if you want a centre back look no further than carlos tordoya (bolivian) he is awesome. 150k or so

matias Lequi on a free is good as well DC (Argie)

Joselito Vaca AMRC is quite good 375k

you can sell players for quite a bit of money if you transfer list then straight after offer the below amounts i.e.

Rui marques you can get 400k for him

Douglas 375k

Parker 325k

It's up to you whether you use this for the time been but there is a glitch for a shed load of money for leeds

You can sell David Lucas for £16.25 million if you do it at the beginning because Man C are rich and prepared to pay that much for a reserve keeper, you get round about £9 million to spend, the only person I've gone into this money is James McCarthy from Hamilton £2.5 million I got a load of bolivians for dirt cheap (thanks Nicko Blaggo) these are: -

Ariel Juarez 1k DM

Joaquin Botero 350k AM/FC

Miguel Hoyos 275k D/WB R

Juan Fernando Fierro 1k SC

Jhasmany Campos 1k DM

Anyway If people thrive on money well this is how but It's very unrealistic but fun

do you have the new patch ? well the tactic i am currently using is a 2-2-3-1 with 2 centre back 2 wong backs 2 centre mids a right winger and then have snodgrass pushed further up the left and becks with chopra(sign him on loan is emmense)

Halfway through first season and im 5th in league i had a slump of form due to injuries but now havent been won against in 7 games.

Got to carling cup 4th round and FA Cup 3rd round

JPT Northen final first leg- 1-1

who have you signed?

I got Carlton Cole on loan for the season and signed Steve Marlet and Quintin Fortune on freebies.

I'm 1st in December, in the semis of the JPT, out of the Carling Cup and 3rd round of FA Cup.

Sold no-one and playing with a 4-4-2 that rashidi created in his tactics forum.

[i got a load of bolivians for dirt cheap (thanks Nicko Blaggo) these are: -

Thanks for the thread Kel 9, thanks for the mention Geesus. I'll post more bargains in here from now on. You may need to load players from the country mentioned to find some of these boys.

Gk

Miguel Angel Fraga, £6k, Mexican, high PA.

Maxim Shumaliov, Russian freebie.

D

Oscar Passo, 16K, Columbian Class.

M

Rainer Torres, Free on 31.12.08, or £190k, Peruvian

Omar Pouso, £24k, best £24k ever, Uruguay

Moises Antonio Canderlario, £110K, Columbian

ST

Ever Guzman, Mexican, £24K, high PA

Jose Solomon Rondon, £70k, Venezuelan.

More to come. Good luck everyone with leeds!

I picked up FM09 yesterday and, as always, am planning on taking Leeds back to the Premiership where they belong. ;)

Made a few changes to the squad - picked up Chopra on loan after looking at this thread and he's doing pretty well so far. Sold Westlake, Richardson, Lucas, Hughes, Parker and Rui Marques and brought in Lequi and Christanval on free transfers and Perrier-Doumbe from Celtic to strengthen up my defence.

Only played a few games so far, taking it slowly and making changes to try and put the best possible team out on the field. Have a few short-term injury problems but I've got adequate cover so far.

Not made the best start to the season, losing the first game against Leyton Orient 1-0 after dominating for the entire match. Then drew to Northampton, again, after dominating for the entire match. During the friendlies my strikers were scoring for fun and now they can't seem to get a decent shot on goal. Going to have a look and see what I can do to change that.

Just started new season, we have a great squad but as people have been saying we need a cb and rb, so have bought in Bobo Balde on loan (no wage & not bad for league one!) also grabbed Velicka upfront (also no wage for the season) from Rangers and will rotate him with Becchio,

trying to get few more loans in (Zakuani, Begovic, Rafael) and get rid of the 'deadwood' (Westlake, Showummni, Hughes so to clear the wages and few hundred k)

get just turned over a 10 point lead to win the league on the last day of season also won jpt with beckford grabing 35 goals in total and bechio getting 15 with delph and howson chippin in with 10 goals a piece but ive got to say thanks to rashidi and his tactics he put up if any questions just ask and just wondering if anybody else has been promoted have they found any great buys to strengthen the squad

thx in advance

My Leeds team are currently nearing the end of October. We're 4th with a game in hand - assuming we win that takes us to 2nd.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how we're playing. Alternating between a 4-1-3-2 offensive tactic and two more defensive 4-4-2 tactics depending on who and where we're playing.

My only concern is that neither of my strikers (Beckford and Chopra) are scoring. I'm reliant on my midfielders to score, hell, two of my defenders have scored more than either striker. I'm not sure how to make them score, just tweaked my tactics and set Beckford to target man, hopefully he'll start getting into some decent positions.

You might need to lower the mentality of one of the forwards (particularly the creative one; not Beckford as he has some pace) so that he acts as an anchor between the midfield and attack. That way you get run-on plays instead of back-to-goal situations which rarely result in goals for the forwards. That's what I've discovered anyway! Hope it helps

get just turned over a 10 point lead to win the league on the last day of season also won jpt with beckford grabing 35 goals in total and bechio getting 15 with delph and howson chippin in with 10 goals a piece but ive got to say thanks to rashidi and his tactics he put up if any questions just ask and just wondering if anybody else has been promoted have they found any great buys to strengthen the squad

thx in advance

where is the tactic from rashidi available to download?

Hey everyone. Started a season with Leeds, love going them, took them to the prem on 08 and wanted to do the same.

My key signings:

Francisco Merida (loan) - Arsenal great player, in the rotation system and comes off bench and really changes the game.

Mascio (20k) - Cisco 17 year old who looks like he can be quality in the future.

Chris Killen (1k) - Celtic good in theory to bring him here but has been a flop and scored a whopping 0 in 10 games.

Glauber (loan) - Man City absolute brilliant defender, solid.

Fredrik Ljungberg (14k) - Seattle dont know if anyone knows how cheap he is but he has been fantastic on the right!

Mitja Viler (75k) - Koper been fantastic on the left of midfield picked up 5MOM in 10 games!

Rene Mihelic (150k) - Maribor not as good as he was on 08 but still pretty good.

Emiliano Insua (loan) - Liverpool fantastic LB.

Sold:

Rui Marques - couldnt get more than 120k

Jonathan Douglas - 180k

Hughes - 30k

Jonny Howson (wanted to leave) - only got 400k tho(i feel now i could of gotten more:()

Anyway im sitting top of the table nearing the end of October, won every home game and drawn 4 away so far. Not lost yet.

My strikers are having problems scoring to, i never started becchio but due to killen just not doing it, he is back in so will see how that goes. Israel Sesay has even scored 1 goal, he is free and young and should become decent hopefully.

My team:

GK - Ankergren

DL - Insua

DR - Richardson

DC - Glauber

DC - Michalik

ML - Viler

MR - Ljungberg

MC - Mihelic(Merida)

MC - Prutton(Delph)

ST - Beckford

ST - Becchio(Killen, Snodgrass)

Deff need something improved, mainly strikers as midfield is solid.

One thing I have found is that selling all my team and buying about 20 new players this time around isn't the best option I've been struggling all season (as opposed to the demo where I was top of the table at x-mas by 10 points) none of them are gelling and I've only jsut started to have a good turn around, last month 2nd in the MOM awards and with a few january signings to boost the team I'm turning it around. Was gutted this time that mascio has vanished from my game, but I've signed handfuls of south americans to make up for it.

Bizarrly I've got issues with the language barrier despite the fact I've put myself as Argentinian and most the team speaks Spanish lol.

Yeah I know it's not Leeds as we know it, but my god on paper I should be sailing the division....lets see how well this turn around goes lol.

Players I can recommend.

Ljunberg 14k ish. Far better on the right than the left.

M Rebosio, free in Jan.

A Barragan, Deportivo, 200-400k depending on your barganing. Technically a better right back, but with Rebosio being similar I'm playing him on the wing and he's been on fire since I signed him.

c Gimenez, St, Free. Missed out on Abreu and Botero but this guy has been class.

s Ariosa, 375k left back, Defensor Sporting picked him up off scouting the copa sudamerica. Since my scouts can't leave the UK I guess they did it from thr TV lol. Been a constant starter since I got him in Jan.

Yeh its never a good idea selling all your players at the start, better bringing in a few and then bring in a few more in Jan so they have time to settle.

I see you bought fredrik ljungberg as well, he is class. I wonder why Mascio isnt on ur game, did u load Italy at all? Best buy so far on fm09 is mitja viler, my god he is amazing...14games...7 goals...5 assists...7Mom. He is becoming a legend! He is my joint top scorer with beckford (who i might had is the only striker who actually scores)

Im sitting top of the league in the middle of november by 9 points, still not lost. Came back from 1 nil down away to Stockport to win 3 - 1 to save my unbeatin run!

Im really enjoying this years fm and going leeds. Need some help for players to try in jan??

Currently signing 3 players in Jan to bolster my squad and so far they are:

Antoine Grauss - 55k was advised by my scout, he looks a good dm

Omar Pouso - 18k looks amazing

Rainer Torres - free also looks like a brill players.

I know all these players are essentually cm players, but i current have no DM so 2 would be nice and torres will be trained all over midfield to provide cover.

Still no strikers tho so need help with that??

Archived