LLM and the increasingly realistic gap in class

I have started my first career game with Montrose in the Scottish 3rd division. After a few signing I now have a good team for the division, I'm in the upper reaches of the table and might even be in with a chance of the title.

However, what's becoming clear is that the gulf in class between the divisions is further than ever and is probably more realistic than any other CM/FM game in my opinion.

I do have awful luck in cup draws, always have, it's almost certain every time that I'll draw a team from a couple of divisions above me and, so far, FM09 has been true to form. What usually doesn't happen however is my team getting ripped to shreds by the bigger team. The up side is that I could see WHY my team was ripped to shreds, with the 3d (despite it's critics) I could tell where my team was inferior to my opponents and, hopefully, next time I'll be better prepared.

I see the bigger gap between divisional abilities as a positive. It feels more like real life and most of the results have been quite close to something I would expect to see in real life. I also like that, for the first time, I can see positives in my team being on the end of a 5-1 drubbing.

Has anyone else noticed the bigger gap between divisions? And have you also found 3D useful for fixing tactical errors you might have made?

i did notice that you can see a little more diference between first division teams and lower ones. But just a little.

About the 3d helping out to find your mistakes, i dont agree with you. Its the same engine thats used in the 2D pitch. The only difference is the animations. The 3d is only making me very very mad with my defenders coz now i can see better how stupidly they lost the ball lol. Im still testing the 3d to see if im going to use it, or go back to 2d, but for now im liking it.

I'm finding the 3D very useful for analysing my tactics - also the ass man feedback during the game. My prize for 'serendipitous discovery of a new feature which I really took a shine to' goes to the km stat for distance covered during matches. I love it, and hadn't read about it.

Only been playing the demo so far, but I've noticed, taking over Terrassa from the Spanish lowest tier, (whom I played with my longest save in 08), that their players have been scaled down a bit, so yes, I think there might be a bigger divide between divisions.

The 3D absolutely helps me in tweaking my tactics. I have a better view of positioning and facing of the players. I notice some are, for example, always caught with the ball in their feet by good tacklers because they need time to receive the ball, then to awkwardly turn around with it before they attempt to pass it on. That helps in giving them other instructions. There's other things but I'm not getting more specific because as a LLaMa I don't want to turn it into a tactics, tips and tricks thread.

Archived