rancer890's FM09 small club to big club Asian/African Challenge

Welcome to rancer890's FM09 small club to big club Asian/African Challenge! As you can see, there was a bit of a name change since the FM08 version. It will be a challenge for the new users to this challenge and the good ole vets alike. I have decided to include the South African league since the African league was left out in all these continental challenges, and would have been a bit pointless to just introduce an African challenge with only one league.

The Aim

asiasf6.png

Above: clubs eligible for the challenge (thanks Quackje!)

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to win a Domestic title, the Champions League, the Club World Championship, and you will also venture into international management to lead your selected nation to global glory once you have achieved the first three accomplishments stated above.

There are four main parts to this challenge, which will be stated in detail below.

The setup:

Leagues you are allowed to use, and their reputations:

• Australia - 10
  • China - 8
  • Hong Kong - 2
  • India - 3
  • Indonesia - 4
  • Malaysia - 3
  • Singapore - 3
  • South Africa - 10
  • South Korea - 11

Please note that Australia, Singapore, and South Korea don't have relegation/Promotion. If you decide to try those three leagues, holiday a year and then choose the club that predicted to be last in the Premier Division of the country.

Getting Started

Load a game with all available divisions in your selected nation (only one nation is allowed and no additional nations should be selected)

Large database is recommended (Medium and small are allowed though)

Attribute masking must be enabled.

Add yourself as unemployed manager, and then go on holiday until the league reset-date.

You are allowed to use fake players if you wish.

You can also 'Load all Players' from your selected country and only from your selected country if you wish.

League reset dates

• Australia - not applicable
  • China - December 29th
  • Hong Kong - July 30th
  • India - July 15th
  • Indonesia - June 1st
  • Malaysia - September 1st
  • Singapore - not applicable
  • South Africa - July 15th
  • South Korea - not applicable

And then retire your manager. Create a new manager and his reputation must be set at Sunday league footballer, or Automatic if you can't find the Sunday league footballer option. Your manager nationality is up to you.

Take over one of the newly promoted club(s) in your selected nation. Check the club's history of league positions, it should be blank. It doesn't really matter which club you choose, although some club are easier than others.

It is now up to you to lead your team to domestic and Champions League glory. This is, however, a bit different than Dafuge's, Gundo's, or JoseRR's Challenge. There is an international element to this challenge. The steps are as follows:

1. Take your club to Domestic Glory. Take over a newly promoted club and win your domestic league. Cups don't matter. Step 1 done.
  2. Take your club to Continental Glory. Win the Asian/African Champions League. Step 2 done.
  3. Take your club to Global Glory. Win the Club World Championship. Step 3 done.
  4. Take your country to Global Glory. Win your Regional Tournament and the World Cup. Step 4 done.

Because of some concerns about when your country will actually have a vacant manager position, I decided to alter the rules a bit:

You can take the international job of your selected country at anytime. If you do not get the international job 5 years after you complete step 3, you are allowed to create a new manager to take over the job. However, you MUST retire your original manager.

Once you finish all 4 steps, congratulations, you have made Asian/African football a force to be reckon with your club and country.

You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; If you get sacked, you can either take over a newly promoted club that meets the original challenge criteria (check the club's league history), or just quit your current game and start over.

You must complete the steps in order. However, you can manage your club and country together if you wish.

There are no restrictions on parent/feeder clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be un-edited. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

Rules for this Thread

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged.

Post a screenshot here when you start this challenge.

Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success and failure), So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Good luck to all those who participate in this challenge. :thup:

For those of you who want to attempt this challenge on FM08, please post in that thread. Scrap that idea actually! Anyone who attempts this challenge on whatever version should post in this thread!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving my latest update over to this thread, as the FM08 thread will be closing.

FM08

Season 11: Rizhiquan - Chinese Super League (2018)

Media Prediction: 6th

Finishing Position: 4th

Chinese FA Cup: lost in Semi Final to Shangdong

Asian Champions League: 3rd in Group Stage

Transfers/Squad

Transfers

Imported 3 foreigners (Guam striker Lizama, Guam midfielder Sablan, and Macau midfielder Shuai and 2 Chinese defenders.

The notables leaving Rizhiquan include: DC/ST Pei Shuo, Zheng Jiajun (YP2), and ML Huo Ya.

Finances

Finances

Very healthy. The board already promised to improve the training and youth facilities. :D

Club Information

Club Information

Awards

Chinese Player of the Year - Zhu Jinhui - 2nd Place

Chinese Player of the Year - Liu Lijia - 3rd Place

Chinese Young Player of the Year - Yao Xin - 2nd place

Chinese Golden Boot - Liu Lijia - 2nd Place

Manager of the Year - 3rd place :D

Team of the Year - Yao Xin and Thomas Sablan (Beijing bias through the squad :mad:)

Goals for the Future

• Get back to the Champions League! (we didn't qualify this year)
  • Improve facilities

Season        Team          League          Finished
2008          Rizhiquan     Jia League          11th
2009          Rizhiquan     Jia League           8th
2010          Rizhiquan     Jia League           9th
2011          Rizhiquan     Jia League           6th
2012          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2013          Rizhiquan     Jia League           5th
2014          Rizhiquan     Jia League           4th
2015          Rizhiquan     Jia League           2nd
2016          Rizhiquan     Super League         6th
2017          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th
2018          Rizhiquan     Super League         4th

Good luck to all, can't wait to see some people play South Africa, I'll be continuing with my Hong Kong FM08 save until i've finished it completely(even if it takes 100 more seasons), I might give a few updates tonight, maby 3 tonight and same number tomorrow evening(yes i'm that far behind in summaries, nothing out of the ordanary has happened these seasons, so that might be why i havent updated yet as they are just normal.)

- Kwok Keung Athletic Association - Season 26 2051/52 - Hong Kong First Division - FM08 -

Pretty normal season for us, the real battle in the league was for the following three spots where as usual Lucky Mile, South China and Dongguan battled it out.

Final League Standings

The cups were pretty normal aswell, Lucky Mile continue to be a nuisance though, but it's good that i'm not completely dominating every single game domesticly.

This seasons ACL group saw us with Dalian, Urawa Reds and Tampines, I've learned to dislike Urawa Reds as they alwas seem to be in our group and are always a contender for the ACL title.

Senior Shield Quarter Final - 0:0(0:1et) v Lucky Mile

League Cup Final - 2:1 v South China

FA Cup Semi Final - 1:2 v Lucky Mile

Asian Champions League Group F - 3rd, 5 points

Top Goalscorer - Rodrigo 36

Most Assists - Cheng Chi Wai 13

Highest Avarage Rating - Rodrigo 7.69(32apps)

Fan's Player of the year - Rodrigo

Player & Team Awards 2051/52
Asian Manager of the Year - 1st Kristján Sazchu II
Asian Champions League Top Goalscorer - 3rd Rodrigo 
Hong Kong Manager of the Year - 1st Kristján Sazchu II
Hong Kong Footballer of the Year - 1st Rodrigo, 2nd Róbson
Hong Kong Fan's Player of the Year - 1st Cheng Chi Wai
Hong Kong First Division Goal of the Season - 2nd Róbson(v Eastern)
Hong Kong First Division Team of the Year - Paulo(gk), Manoel Teixeira(dr), Pedro(dc), Luiz Ramires(dc),
Cheng Chi Wai(mr), Róbson(mc), Rodrigo(st)
Hong Kong First Division Top Goalscorer - 1st Rodrigo, 3rd John Poku
Hong Kong League Cup Top Goalscorer - 1st Rodrigo
Hong Kong League Cup Best Attacking Player - 1st Rodrigo, 3rd John Poku
Hong Kong League Cup Best Defensive Player - 1st Manoel Teixeira, 2nd Danilo Pereira, 3rd Alberto
Hong Kong FA Cup Top Goalscorer - 3rd Rodrigo
Hong Kong FA Cup Best Defensive Player - 3rd Pedro

Season       Team                League                          Finished
2026/27      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2027/28      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2028/29      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2029/30      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2030/31      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2031/32      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2032/33      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             8th
2033/34      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2034/35      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2035/36      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2036/37      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             4th
2037/38      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             6th
2038/39      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             3rd
2039/40      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             7th
2040/41      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             4th
2041/42      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             3rd
2042/43      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2043/44      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2044/45      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2045/46      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             2nd
2046/47      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2047/48      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             2nd
2048/49      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2049/50      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2050/51      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st
2051/52      Kwok Keung          Hong Kong First Division             1st

More tiers = a greater challenge :D

Good luck in HK. :thup:

Could also mean that there aren't too many brilliant teams in the 3rd tier, so it might be easier to build a team to compete with them, whereas in HK I'll need to build a decent team to compete with the best in the country.

I'll be heading to Indonesia if it doesn't work out in HK.

Just a warning about South Africa, number 1 it seems really hard and I'm clearly going to be relegated

number 2, theres a rather nasty bug that I have posted in that it seems impossible to assign squad numbers at the christmas transfer window, meaning that I cannot use the defender I just bought and desperately need to play because all the others except 1 are totally useless.

I don't know maybe I will wait until a few people have made it through a season to make sure there are no other bugs like that in it. To be honest its really annoying, you would think that they would run through the season in every league just to check for anything as blatant as that bug.

Rizhiquan

Chinese FA Cup Quarterfinal:

I'm leading 3-2 over Beijing in the 2nd leg, but losing 3-3 on away goals rule. 92nd minute, WE NEED ONE GOAL, Guam international Robert Paulino passes it to Serbian international Marko Ivanovic. One touch pass to YP6 Zhu Jinhui, who shoots from just inside the box and...it hits the post. We're out of the FA Cup. :( (sorry for the bad commentary...)

Maybe its due to the leagues you loaded but, Serbian international is like wow. I played Gundo's challenge in Serbia and through the whole time I didn't have a true every time Serbian international. A bunch of under 21 guys and a few who would gets called up a couple of times but there were just so many great Serbian players so for you to get one to China is amazing :p

Maybe its due to the leagues you loaded but, Serbian international is like wow. I played Gundo's challenge in Serbia and through the whole time I didn't have a true every time Serbian international. A bunch of under 21 guys and a few who would gets called up a couple of times but there were just so many great Serbian players so for you to get one to China is amazing :p

Actually in the FM08 thread, I wrote that he's Serbian/Chinese. Picked him up from Shenhua (original club) for $28k. :D

Got 3 U21's caps so far. :D

Also got a callup to the senior squad in the Euro 2020 qualifying but didn't play.

We got relegated :( Had a great first half of the season, 6th place at the half way stage, then didn't win again in the league, and finished 11th. Runners-up in the FA Cup, and good finances, but unfortunately we couldn't score a goal in the league after December.

We got relegated :( Had a great first half of the season, 6th place at the half way stage, then didn't win again in the league, and finished 11th. Runners-up in the FA Cup, and good finances, but unfortunately we couldn't score a goal in the league after December.

Sad to hear JSalter. :(

Taking the next flight out of HK to Indonesia?

Rizhiquan update

Can't go over the hump in the Chinese Super League. Fluctuating between 3rd and 5th. I'm going to be a bit more active in the off-season...

And the board agreed to another upgrade in training and youth facilities. :) (currently 'Good' and 'Average' respectively)

Does anyone know in which of the leagues it is easiest to find a financially stable team? My biggest issue with the Asian leagues is that for many of the teams you seem to be losing money no matter what you do.

I will probably start this challenge once my game arrives in 1-3 days. I've had quite a lot of fun managing in India with United SC, but it seems that it's really hard to compete with the big teams when you average 500 in attendence when they average 40k.

Does anyone know in which of the leagues it is easiest to find a financially stable team? My biggest issue with the Asian leagues is that for many of the teams you seem to be losing money no matter what you do.

I will probably start this challenge once my game arrives in 1-3 days. I've had quite a lot of fun managing in India with United SC, but it seems that it's really hard to compete with the big teams when you average 500 in attendence when they average 40k.

If you want to play in a promotion/relegation system, China is the way to go. There's decent crowds (around 600 a game the first season), good season ticket support, low wages (in the beginning at least), and prize money at the end of the season.

You can even start as a Professional team (for example Locomotive is a professional club at the start) if you're lucky enough. :)

Archived