The World’s Best Football Manager Challenge

The World’s Best Football Manager Challenge

What you have to do: You have to travel around the world moving clubs and collect all the trophy’s listed below. I will create a scoreboard but it will not consist of points for each trophy but for which trophies you have won and how many trophies’s you have won. If you complete this challenge, you will be crowned the world’s best football manager. This challenge will end when FM10 comes out and someone will be crowned The World’s Best Football Manager. If no-one completes this challenge, then the person leading at the time will be crowned the champion.

You may start as the club of your choice.

You must start a new game, preferably on 09 but previous versions of the game will be accepted. The leagues that you must load are:

England (Prem to BSN/S)

• Spain (La Liga and Liga BBVA)

• Italy (Seria A and B)

• Argentina (Premier Division)

• Portugal (Bwin Liga)

• France (Ligue 1 Orange)

• China (Super League)

• Brazil (First Division)

• Germany (First Division)

• Mexico (First Division)

• Russia (Premier Division)

• Malaysia (Super League)

• Australia (A-League)

There are 20 leagues in total here. Everyone you must dominate for at least one season, in order for you to collect all of the trophies listed below.

The trophies you must collect are:

Europe

England

• English Premiership

• Coca-Cola Championship

• Coca-Cola League One

• Coca-Cola League Two

• Blue Square Premiership

• Blue Square North

• Blue Square South

• F.A Cup

• League Cup

• Johnstone’s Paint Trophy

• F.A Trophy

• English Setanta Shield

• Community Shield

Spain

• La Liga

• Liga BBVA

• Spanish Cup

• Spanish Super Cup

Italy

• Seria A

• Seria B

• Italian Super Cup

• Italian Cup

France

• French Ligue 1 Orange

• French Cup

• French Coupe De La Ligue

• French Champions Trophy

German

• German First Division

• German Cup

• German League Cup

Portugal

• Bwin Liga

• Portuguese Cup

• Portuguese League Cup

• Portuguese Super Cup

Russia

• Russian Premier Division

• Russian Cup

• Russian Super Cup

Others

• European Champions League

• European Super Cup

• Euro Cup (Uefa Cup)

Asia

China

• Chinese Super League

• Chinese FA Cup

Malaysia

• Malaysian Super League

• Malaysia Cup

• Malaysian FA Cup

Others

• Asian Champions Cup

• Asian Confederations Cup

• South East Asian Club Championship

• East Asian Champions Cup

The America’s

Argentina

• Argentinean Premier Division

Brazil

• Brazilian First Division

• Brazilian Minas Gerais State Championship

• Brazilian Gaucho State Championship

• Brazilian Rio De Janeiro State Championship

• Brazilian Sao Paulo State Championship

• Brazilian Cup

Mexico

• Mexican First Division

• Mexican First Division Champions Trophy

• Mexican Interliga

Others

• North American Champions Cup

• North American SuperLiga

• South American Copa Libertadores

• South American Copa Sudamericana

• South American Recopa

Australasia

Australia

• A-League

• Pre-Season Cup

• Hyundai A-League Finals Series

Others

• Oceanic Club Championships

Worldwide

• Club World Championships

International Challenges

• World Cup

• European Championships

• African Nations

• Asian Cup

• North American Gold Cup

• Copa America

• Oceania Nations Cup

• Confederations Cup

International Challenges (UN 23, 21, 20, 19)

• World Cup U20

• European Championships U21

• European Championships U19

• SAM U20 Championships

Important Information

Database Size: Any

Load all players from: Anywhere

Game Start Date: England (July 2007) or other if you explain your choice.

Enable Player Attribute Masking: It’s your choice

You must use real players

All leagues must be playable

You must allow transfer budgets in first season

To complete the challenge, you must provide proof (screenshots) to show that you have done this.

Good luck and let the games begin!

If you have any suggestions to improve this challenge, please post them below.

If you want another league added or one removed, please post below and I will consider it and see what other people think about it.

My only question would be why the lowest leagues in England, but not in germany, France, Spain, Italy? :) The lower league game is a lot more entertaining and challenging over there ;)

Also funny thing with this challenge is if you make the promotion playoffs you want to lose to get another shot at the title :p

Where's MLS?:( You got no love for that league!

Not sure if I'm going to try this, but I am currently trying very hard to complete the China part of this challenge through another thread. :p;)

With all these challenges it's hard to choose which ones I want to do! (excluding the obvious ones of course :p)

And to add it is officially impossible to complete this challenge. Chinese teams only play in the Asian Champions League, and Malaysian teams can play in the AFC Cup (Confederations Cup). No team playable in FM can play in the President's Cup, which is only for 'developing nations'.

Sorry if it's sounds a bit mean or anything, just saying it from my experience in Asia. :p

And to add it is officially impossible to complete this challenge. Chinese teams only play in the Asian Champions League, and Malaysian teams can play in the AFC Cup (Confederations Cup). No team playable in FM can play in the President's Cup, which is only for 'developing nations'.

Sorry if it's sounds a bit mean or anything, just saying it from my experience in Asia. :p

This isn't entirely true, the way it worked on FM08 is that each year two countries get 'promoted' and two countries get 'relegated' among the AFC tournaments. The team that wins the AFC Cup gets their country into the AFC Champions League for the next year, the team that wins the AFC President's Cup gets their country into the AFC Cup for the next year, and they each replaced a country whose teams did badly in the group stage in that year. This is not how it worked in real life, but it is what happened in the game. I don't know if it works in a similar way on FM09 though.

So if you were to do badly in the AFC Cup group stage as a Malaysian team, you might play in the President's Cup in the next year, not that I'm saying it should be part of this challenge though.

Where's MLS?:( You got no love for that league!

Not sure if I'm going to try this, but I am currently trying very hard to complete the China part of this challenge through another thread. :p;)

With all these challenges it's hard to choose which ones I want to do! (excluding the obvious ones of course :p)

I know there are alot of challenges at the moment. I was unsure as to whether I should launch my challenge now or just wait until people had had a go at some of the other well-known challenges, such as dafuges and yours, rancer890. But, I decided I might as well start it now.

I was thinking about the MLS but many people dislike managing in that league, so I thought it was better not to include it.

But, if at least 5 people want it, I will add it.

My only question would be why the lowest leagues in England, but not in germany, France, Spain, Italy? :) The lower league game is a lot more entertaining and challenging over there ;)

Also funny thing with this challenge is if you make the promotion playoffs you want to lose to get another shot at the title :p

Yeah, I never thought about the playoff thing. That should be funny!

I choose the lowest leagues in England because I thought people would be more familiar with them.

I didn't choose the lower leagues in Spain and Italy etc. because I didn't want too many leagues just incase too many people could not run it if their computers were not too good.

Would really like to give this a go when I get my copy of the game next week.

But just a quick question, is there any restrictions on what team we start at?

Oh and I also think MLS would be a good addition :)

Good to have you having a go.

Once we get a few more people, I will make a scoresheet/board.

There are no restrictions on who you start with. If people want restrictions, please state what you want.

If you want to make it even harder, then you could start unemployed with past experience of semi-pro(get lower league and jobs in Asia) or professional(get most jobs apart from top jobs).

If one or two more want MLS, I will add it.

This is the same for lower leagues in Italy, Spain and Germany.

my computer won't take a save with all these leagues. is there any chance that i can take part by using different saves please where i don't start a new save until i've got all i can get in the previous save.

Plus, ssestig how many leagues can you run?

And, what database do you normally run?

I know there is no limit on database but I was just wondering because I can handle most of the leagues but only ever play on medium database. I never considered large because I don't see it as too much use. Although, I may be wrong.

And, lastly do you like managing in the MLS and in the lower divisions of spain, italy and germany.

Yeah, I never thought about the playoff thing. That should be funny!

I choose the lowest leagues in England because I thought people would be more familiar with them.

I didn't choose the lower leagues in Spain and Italy etc. because I didn't want too many leagues just incase too many people could not run it if their computers were not too good.

Thanks for the clarification, I think what I like in the lower leagues of in particular Italy is that it is all so tight, even if you try to sign the best free's available you will still battle to get somewhere, I am tempted by a game along these lines, but it might have to come after I have a crack at JoseRR's challenge, as I said love those lower leagues, and with no one completing it in 2008 we are likely to have a good run trying this season, hopefully Rlipscombe will be joining me to get that thread pumping again :)

As for this one it looks like an awesome second game to have going, though I am torn between this one and the A-Z challenge, though I spose it would be possible to run them alongside each other.

No, unless you think that it is a good idea to have them rated evenly?

Plus, do you want the MLS included? As some people have said that they think that it should be included as it is a good league to manage in.

I will have an update soon but I still havn't got 09 and don't know whether to start one of these on 08.

No I think I will have certain competitions worth more than others for example the World Cup is worth more than the Setanta SHield as you have to get a decent international job to win the world cup wheras you can get any BSN/S or BSN job to win the Setanta SHield.

I am going to leave the MLS out unless a load of people come on shouting 'MLS!''MLS!''MLS!'

I'm gonna give this a little go, don't expect me to last too long though :D Going to start in Russia, unemployed with the highest rep so that jobs are opening up in the big leagues in Europe. I don't want to be choosing a starting point as such but rather take something that appeals to me as and when it's offered. Hope that's okay as the game is loading as I write :D This has a lot more leagues than I usually load so I have no idea how my computer will handle it... Update to follow sometime soon-ish(-ly)

I got the game on friday night, if anyone was wondering why I hadn't done an update for my own challenge yet. :D

I am going to make Scotland optional, Bubba because I don't want to add more leagues at the moment because of the need of a powerful computer.

How did you get the Iran job?

Good idea with the contract, I may do that when I get my first offer.

Did you start with International footballer as experience because surely you could have got a better hob than that if you wanted to?

I guess China is a nice interesting place to start.

Archived