Am I the only one to have dropped back to FM 2007?

Started playing FM 07 in the week. Still a great game. Started a new game with Aldershot and really enjoying it at the moment.

If the new patch doesn't sort this game out , I might stay with it.

Has any else left the current game alone while they try and sort the game out?

Started playing FM 07 in the week. Still a great game. Started a new game with Aldershot and really enjoying it at the moment.

If the new patch doesn't sort this game out , I might stay with it.

Has any else left the current game alone while they try and sort the game out?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Rob:

I went back to 07 a while ago. Funnily enough I also started as Aldershot.

I can't believe there are still people who think there's nothing wrong with 08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there weren't "many" hairs on my chinny-chin-chin this morning. but i still had a shave. you dig?

there are indeed less problems with 07 fully patched than 08, but none in 08 to really really stop me enjoying the game. once 08 is patched, most of the issues will hopefully be fixed and i doubt that 07 reverters won't at least try it again after the patch. there are little additions that i would miss from 08, that's all i said.

unless you weren't refering to what i said.

I still play FM07, for me it's the best in the series. I tried the demo for FM08 but I was a little underwhelmed and I saw a lot of other people were dissapointed by it, so I probably won't buy it (or at least, until SI make a proper patch).

I fancied a change so I've started a game in India with East Bengal to try and lead them to world domination.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Watford_fc_4_lyf:

I was forced to after 08 died on me, how can they sell a game that randomly minamizes and comes up with a error before letting you carry on and then it happeneing again 10 seconds later! Then they can't fix it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, this will be absolutely nothing to do with the game and will be entirely down to some problem with your PC.

As for going back to 07, not for me. I'm genuinely enjoying 08 immensly. Currently in 2017 with Gateshead in the Championship and yet to experience any problem that takes any enjoyment away from the game for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne:

Gone back to 07. I dont think that 8.0.2 will improve 08 enough. Waiting 09 and happy with 07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you ever played 7.0.1?

I guess not!

I know that there are flaws still, the amount of chances in a match, registration bug, yellow cards for MC's and some others, but what makes you think these cannot be repaired?

About going back to FM07, not me, i uninstalled it a month ago and it has now it's spot in my closet next to the previous versions.

I'm playing FM2007 after growing disillusioned with my FM2008 save game where 2 seasons running, despite a points total which near enough 100% of the time should guarantee promotion, I have failed to get promoted from the Championship. All this despite winning the League Cup as well.

On FM2007 I have possibly my greatest save game ever at Hammerfest (Most northern town in the world) in Norway. So really its the brilliant save game, rather than FM2007 itself which took me back. Imo there's little difference in quality between the 2 games.

Sure I see some bugs in FM08 but they are not ruining my life.

Mostly you can work around it.

I enjoy FM2008 a lot more than FM2007 'cause it's a lot harder to play.

I brought a Conference League North team to the Premier League in almost one move (only for the Conference Premier League I needed 2 years).

So, at first glance I thought it was as easy as FM2007.

But in my first year Premier League I didn't made it, I couldn't avoid degradation.

Not 'cause bad tactics, weird bugs or stupid playing (ok, I admit I created 3 huge mistakes), but 'cause I was not having Premier League quality.

And I like this.

In FM2007 the same team would stay in the Premier League even if I bought a bunch of schoolgirls.

I've had an old FM07 save running siince well before I bought FM08 and have so far spent far more time still playing that than playing FM08 since I bought it, but I'm having another try with FM08 now having started a game with Whitley Bay (I moved them into Blue Square North) and another with IA Akranes in Iceland.

Forgot, I meant to add that despite my having stuck with mostly FM07 I'm not sure I'd start a new game on it though - my other game is ~15 seasons in and well established. Starting a new game and getting into it is always the most difficult bit. My FM07 and FM08 folders are littered with savegames which have not even got through the first pre-season before I lost interest!

For those who follow the Tour de France (I assume somebody other than me must), it's a bit like trying to get into the day's breakaway group - so many abortive attempts and then suddenly one gets away. I haven't quite found the one that sends me off yet though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabioke:

I suppose that you can deal with a lot of bugs. As long if youre not chosing spain or turkey. But I can not live with the fact that I'm now in 2018 and that there are no good regens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it's a temporally accidental situation?

I'm in 2014 and I'm finding good material.

In real life it can happen that some generations are having less quality in some countries.

In 1980 Belgium played the European Finals against Germany, later we have beat Russia, Holland and other big names. Present times we almost can't win from Andorra.

And the English National Team isn't performing as well compared to the past, isn't?

after playing the demo i was so unbelievably annoyed with how players dont closedown the opposition that i never bought the game.

the only problem is i really like the updated players.

what quite a lot of my friends have done is go back to champman 01/02 but i personally feel Fm 05 was the best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewgo:

I can't believe anyone would think 07 is better than 08, unless they're desperate to play in Spain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or if they want better regens and a confidence system that works properly

I think if people go back, they dont feel they are missing out on 'many cool features'.

Old save games that you have become emotionally attached to are always hard to move on from. Its very hard (for me) to move on with a new save, you have to get well into the first season to become attached I think.

I havent seen any feature in 08 that makes me feel as though I'm missing out and that is a huge shame IMO. Hopefully 09 will have something cool!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abyss616:

I'm wayyyyy to involved in my 07 save (in 2035 with AFC Wimbledon) to start a new one with 08. Might wait until a new patch comes out or I get relegated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the only kind of scenario in which I can imagine myself neglecting the latest release in favour of an older one. If I had a career game going like this, I'd be tempted to continue it, rather than start again with a newer one.

But that's obviously got nothing to do with the bugs I've encountered in FM08. None of these have been so severe or irritating that I've actually wanted to go back to an older version.

I had gone back to FM 07 before I could download the first patch because its not possible to here at uni because the internet is terrible.

However, once I got home, I put the patch on a started playing. I can see everyones issues and I have my own theory about them, which I'm not willing to divulge as I'm not interested in a mass debate.

Overall, I'm playing FM 08 over 07, when I have time, because I got exasms for the next 3 weeks.

I have put FM08 on hold until patch. Even though I am doing well there's still a couple of those niggling issues re shot/ratio and the fact that teams score to much in that elongated extra time....

So will wait until patch. In the meantime I am enjoying CM2008 a lol.... icon_eek.gif

K

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stimps2:

Why stop at FM07? Go all the way back to an old CM title......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I've done, currently playing Cm01/02. Maxim Tsigalko FTW!

I'm still playing my FM2006 SV Darmstadt 98 game. It is currently 2010 and SVD just finished 6th in the 1.Bundesliga. We would have qualified for the Euro Cup, except 2.Bundesliga Kaiserslautern won the German Cup and took our spot. We're in the Euro Vase instead. icon_frown.gif

I actually bought FM2008, and plan to move to it after the post-Transfer patch is out. No point in starting a new league right now.

This is the first version I am actually considering stopping playing since.... well, ever. I have played since CM1, along time ago now. I couldn't actually go back to 07, and 08 is just so infuriating with the shots bug. So I am actually just not playing any FM, every few weeks, I think I will give it another shot only to get very p!ssed off again with it. I hope the new patch does the business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Watford_fc_4_lyf:

I was forced to after 08 died on me, how can they sell a game that randomly minamizes and comes up with a error before letting you carry on and then it happeneing again 10 seconds later! Then they can't fix it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, this will be absolutely nothing to do with the game and will be entirely down to some problem with your PC.

As for going back to 07, not for me. I'm genuinely enjoying 08 immensly. Currently in 2017 with Gateshead in the Championship and yet to experience any problem that takes any enjoyment away from the game for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why is there a huge thread in the bugs area with the guys from Si admitting they just dont know how to fix it.

aside from the fact i've passed my fm 2007 cd onto a friend.... ive really enjoyed 08, not really coming across anything that makes the game unplayable. ok so there are still things that could do to be sorted, like being asked about my former player returning after he's played for 3 different clubs since i sold him a fortnight after taking over, but on the whole, im thoroughly enjoying the game, and its the first time ive really got into a long-ish term game since fm 2005, currently 2014 with liverpool (my one and only club) and flying high!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

As for going back to 07, not for me. I'm genuinely enjoying 08 immensly. Currently in 2017 with Gateshead in the Championship and yet to experience any problem that takes any enjoyment away from the game for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why is there a huge thread in the bugs area with the guys from Si admitting they just dont know how to fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because they don't own that PC. That's not a common problem at the moment.

I'll be honest, I went back to FM07 as I was so annoyed with 08. Didn't miss a single thing from 08 because there's less new in this release than any past release. Most versions I've been unable to go back but this one I could. But a funny thing then happened. I seem to have got quite hopelessly addicted to CM08. I'm not doing that well, and I'm still getting to grips with it, but it seems to be a lot more fun than FM, and that's what we play computer games for isn't it?

Archived