FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

FM Soundpack 2008 is the return of the best, and most popular soundpack that was done for FM2005, FM2006 and now a full release for FM2008

This enhances your game by removing the pointless sound allready in your game, by replacing them with top quality sounds from a catalouge of past CM's (such as CM0102 etc etc)

It also comes with a huge selection of personal club chants from leagues around europe, south america and countries

Its way more than double the chants you get with the game, plus there add way more to the match day atmosphere

Ive also editied the code in the config to ensure it provides more atmosphere

Works on Mac aswell providing you have a .rar executer

PC LINK CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FM 2008 SOUNDPACK

You will need winrar to decompress the pack get that from here

To install please read the README before fiddling, its straight forward, if not use my picture step by step guide, which allthough is old, still applies to this version icon_smile.gif

Any questions, dont hesistate to post

Hope you enjoy

Furney89

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all working without any problems for me.I have 2 question though..Whats the sound folder for in user/documents/sports interactive/Football Manager 2008 for ?. And also is there a limit to how much sounds you can add?

Thx again Furney icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Svenc:

Does this file make sense for non-England players as well? icon_confused.gif

Yes. It contains an edited Unicode file that has the match commentary in it, which has all the languages of the game. A lot of the team chants are for English teams, but there are a number of non-English teams as well. There are also has seperate chowd backgrounds for South American clubs. Player chants are in the language you'd expect for that player, being (I suspect) recordings of live chants...

My question is this ... what hapeens to (for example) Rooney's chant after Rooney retires? Does the game reuse the ID and the chant get assigned to some random FRED?

Also, as each event is defined in events.cfg, there are nine numberical arguements, followed by the name of the sound to be played for that event. The first one is the number of the event. What are the other eight?

Yes. It contains an edited Unicode file that has the match commentary in it, which has all the languages of the game. A lot of the team chants are for English teams, but there are a number of non-English teams as well. There are also has seperate chowd backgrounds for South American clubs. Player chants are in the language you'd expect for that player, being (I suspect) recordings of live chants...

So those redundant code lines actually do something? icon14.gif

I loaded your sound file, but I get intermittent sounds. I'm not sure if the download was corrupted. Also I am using a mac. I'll try downloading from the mirror site and see if that makes a difference. also found that I had to unlock file in-order to put the files in the data base.

Originally posted by jack.browne:

Just a quick question, once downloaded and ive started the game do i need to change any of my 'Display and Sound' preferances or is it automatic.

you will have to change it manually

I loaded your sound file, but I get intermittent sounds. I'm not sure if the download was corrupted. Also I am using a mac. I'll try downloading from the mirror site and see if that makes a difference. also found that I had to unlock file in-order to put the files in the data base.

i dont really understand whats happened, and ive not personnally tested it on mac, although i cant see any issues, wav format is fine on mac isnt it? its the only format you can use for FM Sounds so

My question is this ... what hapeens to (for example) Rooney's chant after Rooney retires? Does the game reuse the ID and the chant get assigned to some random FRED?

Also, as each event is defined in events.cfg, there are nine numberical arguements, followed by the name of the sound to be played for that event. The first one is the number of the event. What are the other eight?

No its not assigned to a new person with the name rooney, its just assigned to a unique person, once they retire, it wont play the sound again becasue the player with the unique ID will of retired so no sorry

Unless the ID was reassigned to another FRED, then it would be possible, but i have no control of that

Hey guys (and Furney) a quick question.

Once I have downloaded the file from the above links (I downloaded to my desktop) which part(s) do I extract??

Is it just the 'sound' or is it the 'match events' that need to be extracted??

I tried it the one way, and I had like 482 errors and I dont think it worked.

If someone could tell me exactly which file(s) I need to extract, I will try again.

Many thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

Hey Fureney, it's a great effort.. I just cant understand why SI continue to neglect the sound effects in the game particularly now Facegen has been implemented to 'add' realism. It's about time they pulled their finger out about the sounds because matchday is the most important screen in the game!

Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

Once I have downloaded the file from the above links (I downloaded to my desktop) which part(s) do I extract??

If someone could tell me exactly which file(s) I need to extract, I will try again.

extract both folders (match events, and sounds) to C:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2007/data

make sure you overwrite both folders which were previously there with the ones i have provided

please refer to the install pic and readme for help since what ive just said is included in there aswell icon_smile.gif

sounds like most of you are enjoying it icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by urbanjunkie:

Fantastic effort, but is anyone else experiencing and issue where the same audio file loops, sounding almost like a wave hitting the beach? Only way to sort it is to go into the menus and out of the match and then back into it again.

There are a couple crowd background loops that the pack selects randomly, and one of them might have been done better, though I'm not really not one to critisize, since I couldn't have done better.

Fair play to Furney89, it's a great pack all around. icon14.gif

Originally posted by furney89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

extract both folders (match events, and sounds) to C:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2007/data

make sure you overwrite both folders which were previously there with the ones i have provided

please refer to the install pic and readme for help since what ive just said is included in there aswell icon_smile.gif

sounds like most of you are enjoying it icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Furney, I have opened the 'Read Me' and also the picture guide.

When I try to extract the files to the football manager data folder I get this message.

'Cannot create FM soundpack/match events/events.cfg' The system cannot find the path specified.

This comes up on the WinRAR Diagnostic, and it gives me 488 total errors, which I am guessing is each particular event / sound.

What can I do?? I would really like to install this Furney.

If anyone else has had this, and successfully sorted it help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First, extract the files somewhere else. I created a folder in my MyDocs\SI folder called FM08Hold, into which I extract all my .rars and .zips.

When you extract Furney89's .rar, you will see a folder called FM Soundpack. Inside that will be two folders, \match events and \sounds. Copy (don't move) these two folders to your install folder, c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2008\data by default. Overwrite All when directed.

Your error is being caused by the fact that FM08 has no \FM Soundpack folder, yet you are trying to create one.

Here's what worked for me. First rename the match events and sounds folders that are in the original game. I just added a "1" to each. Do this in case things get screwed up and you need to go back.

Then simply left click and drag each of the new extracted folders to the game data folder.

When you start your game the new sondpack should be in effect.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

First, extract the files somewhere else. I created a folder in my MyDocs\SI folder called FM08Hold, into which I extract all my .rars and .zips.

When you extract Furney89's .rar, you will see a folder called FM Soundpack. Inside that will be two folders, \match events and \sounds. Copy (don't move) these two folders to your install folder, c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2008\data by default. Overwrite All when directed.

Your error is being caused by the fact that FM08 has no \FM Soundpack folder, yet you are trying to create one.

Ok SSGTroyer - I have extracted the files to My Documents, I have opened them and clicked 'match events' and right clicked and selected 'copy' I am now in the C/Program Files/FM08 etc etc and now what do I do???

Do I click on 'data' then right click and then 'paste' ??? Is that what you mean ???

Archived