Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

Amateur
    a part of the cure? or am i part of the disese?

FM Soundpack 2008 is the return of the best, and most popular soundpack that was done for FM2005, FM2006 and now a full release for FM2008

This enhances your game by removing the pointless sound allready in your game, by replacing them with top quality sounds from a catalouge of past CM's (such as CM0102 etc etc)
    It also comes with a huge selection of personal club chants from leagues around europe, south america and countries

Its way more than double the chants you get with the game, plus there add way more to the match day atmosphere

Ive also editied the code in the config to ensure it provides more atmosphere

Works on Mac aswell providing you have a .rar executer

PC LINK CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FM 2008 SOUNDPACK

You will need winrar to decompress the pack get that from here

To install please read the README before fiddling, its straight forward, if not use my picture step by step guide, which allthough is old, still applies to this version

Any questions, dont hesistate to post

Hope you enjoy

Furney89

Amateur

Whats the capital of Peru??

You did say ANY questions...

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

My only comment, while I'm waiting for my download ticket, is ... YIPPEE!!! Thank you, very much.

Amateur

Thankyou very much, I have been looking forward to this

well done furney

Amateur

Originally posted by thenaturepig:
    Whats the capital of Peru??

You did say ANY questions...
    Lima

Amateur

Nice one furney thx very much.Im guessing there might be future enhances for this not just done by yourself but maybe other people to to improve things.Big thanks for uploading

Amateur

Thanks for all your work Furney!

Amateur

Top stuff

Amateur

Nice one furney cheers mate

Amateur

furney you legend

Part-Timer

Does this file make sense for non-England players as well?

Amateur

Well all working without any problems for me.I have 2 question though..Whats the sound folder for in user/documents/sports interactive/Football Manager 2008 for ?. And also is there a limit to how much sounds you can add?

Thx again Furney

Semi Pro
    In the twitterverse @yashidiy was blogging at fmrashidi.wordpress.com and hopes to b back soon

any mirror sites available? I can't seem to access rapidshare

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Svenc:
    Does this file make sense for non-England players as well?
    Yes. It contains an edited Unicode file that has the match commentary in it, which has all the languages of the game. A lot of the team chants are for English teams, but there are a number of non-English teams as well. There are also has seperate chowd backgrounds for South American clubs. Player chants are in the language you'd expect for that player, being (I suspect) recordings of live chants...

Semi Pro

My question is this ... what hapeens to (for example) Rooney's chant after Rooney retires? Does the game reuse the ID and the chant get assigned to some random FRED?

Also, as each event is defined in events.cfg, there are nine numberical arguements, followed by the name of the sound to be played for that event. The first one is the number of the event. What are the other eight?

Youth Team

Thanks Furney, your a legend.

Part-Timer

Can someone upload it on sendspace? Cannot access rapidshare also,

Semi Pro

Part-timer

cool.....thanks furney89, always the legend

Semi Pro
    In the twitterverse @yashidiy was blogging at fmrashidi.wordpress.com and hopes to b back soon

Originally posted by SSGTroyer:
    Sendspace mirror
    Thanks mate you're brilliant...i kept getting corrupt files from rapidshare.

Amateur

brill!!

Amateur

BRAVO!! from an unsophisticated American player. The crowd of 831 sounded great at my BSP Halifax team's win.

Good stuff!

Amateur

And a big thanks from me I've not had a soundpack since Fm06 I think.

Amateur

I meant 05

Amateur

furney i love you man you pwn!!!

Amateur

Thanks Furney89 for your effort

Part-Timer

Just downloading now. Comments sound good

I've not used a soundpack before but I am looking forward to trying this out

Semi Pro

Yes. It contains an edited Unicode file that has the match commentary in it, which has all the languages of the game. A lot of the team chants are for English teams, but there are a number of non-English teams as well. There are also has seperate chowd backgrounds for South American clubs. Player chants are in the language you'd expect for that player, being (I suspect) recordings of live chants...
    So those redundant code lines actually do something?

Amateur
    Charlottesville, VA USA. Lost in a place where there are few Italians.

I loaded your sound file, but I get intermittent sounds. I'm not sure if the download was corrupted. Also I am using a mac. I'll try downloading from the mirror site and see if that makes a difference. also found that I had to unlock file in-order to put the files in the data base.

Amateur
    Kilmarnock, Scotland. Killies FM researcher :)

thanks very much.. has been very much missed

Youth Team

Great work furney89, if it's half as good as your 07 pack it'll have been worth the wait.

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Just a quick question, once downloaded and ive started the game do i need to change any of my 'Display and Sound' preferances or is it automatic.

Amateur

Originally posted by jack.browne:
    Just a quick question, once downloaded and ive started the game do i need to change any of my 'Display and Sound' preferances or is it automatic.
    you will have to change it manually

I loaded your sound file, but I get intermittent sounds. I'm not sure if the download was corrupted. Also I am using a mac. I'll try downloading from the mirror site and see if that makes a difference. also found that I had to unlock file in-order to put the files in the data base.
    i dont really understand whats happened, and ive not personnally tested it on mac, although i cant see any issues, wav format is fine on mac isnt it? its the only format you can use for FM Sounds so

My question is this ... what hapeens to (for example) Rooney's chant after Rooney retires? Does the game reuse the ID and the chant get assigned to some random FRED?

Also, as each event is defined in events.cfg, there are nine numberical arguements, followed by the name of the sound to be played for that event. The first one is the number of the event. What are the other eight?
    No its not assigned to a new person with the name rooney, its just assigned to a unique person, once they retire, it wont play the sound again becasue the player with the unique ID will of retired so no sorry

Unless the ID was reassigned to another FRED, then it would be possible, but i have no control of that

Amateur

thanks for the feedback guys, hope it adds more atmosphere than the match flow system

any problems dont hesitate to post

thanks for posting the other mirror aswell, i just didnt have time to wait a hour to upload it

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Excellent job Chief!

Just played my first match with the new sounds, and it greatly improves the atmosphere.

I love the whistle noise and the applause, airhorns, chanting etc.

Amateur

Hey guys (and Furney) a quick question.

Once I have downloaded the file from the above links (I downloaded to my desktop) which part(s) do I extract??

Is it just the 'sound' or is it the 'match events' that need to be extracted??

I tried it the one way, and I had like 482 errors and I dont think it worked.

If someone could tell me exactly which file(s) I need to extract, I will try again.

Many thanks in advance

Youth Team

Hey Fureney, it's a great effort.. I just cant understand why SI continue to neglect the sound effects in the game particularly now Facegen has been implemented to 'add' realism. It's about time they pulled their finger out about the sounds because matchday is the most important screen in the game!

Amateur

Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

Once I have downloaded the file from the above links (I downloaded to my desktop) which part(s) do I extract??

If someone could tell me exactly which file(s) I need to extract, I will try again.

Many thanks in advance

extract both folders (match events, and sounds) to C:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2007/data

make sure you overwrite both folders which were previously there with the ones i have provided

please refer to the install pic and readme for help since what ive just said is included in there aswell

sounds like most of you are enjoying it

Amateur

Originally posted by furney89:

I think it adds so much to the game atmosphere. And it works great. Thanks again.

Amateur

Thnx alot have used your previous sound packs [also been playing 07 using that adapted sound pack] ill think ill have a few games of 08 just to try it out, only a few games mind

Fantastic effort, but is anyone else experiencing and issue where the same audio file loops, sounding almost like a wave hitting the beach? Only way to sort it is to go into the menus and out of the match and then back into it again.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by urbanjunkie:
    Fantastic effort, but is anyone else experiencing and issue where the same audio file loops, sounding almost like a wave hitting the beach? Only way to sort it is to go into the menus and out of the match and then back into it again.
    There are a couple crowd background loops that the pack selects randomly, and one of them might have been done better, though I'm not really not one to critisize, since I couldn't have done better.

Fair play to Furney89, it's a great pack all around.

Its a class pack. Especially the tannoy sound file.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by Silver Foxx:

Many thanks in advance

extract both folders (match events, and sounds) to C:/programfiles/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2007/data

make sure you overwrite both folders which were previously there with the ones i have provided

please refer to the install pic and readme for help since what ive just said is included in there aswell

Ok Furney, I have opened the 'Read Me' and also the picture guide.

When I try to extract the files to the football manager data folder I get this message.

'Cannot create FM soundpack/match events/events.cfg' The system cannot find the path specified.

This comes up on the WinRAR Diagnostic, and it gives me 488 total errors, which I am guessing is each particular event / sound.

What can I do?? I would really like to install this Furney.

If anyone else has had this, and successfully sorted it help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Semi Pro

First, extract the files somewhere else. I created a folder in my MyDocs\SI folder called FM08Hold, into which I extract all my .rars and .zips.

When you extract Furney89's .rar, you will see a folder called FM Soundpack. Inside that will be two folders, \match events and \sounds. Copy (don't move) these two folders to your install folder, c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2008\data by default. Overwrite All when directed.

Your error is being caused by the fact that FM08 has no \FM Soundpack folder, yet you are trying to create one.

Amateur

Here's what worked for me. First rename the match events and sounds folders that are in the original game. I just added a "1" to each. Do this in case things get screwed up and you need to go back.

Then simply left click and drag each of the new extracted folders to the game data folder.

When you start your game the new sondpack should be in effect.

Hope this helps.

Amateur

First, extract the files somewhere else. I created a folder in my MyDocs\SI folder called FM08Hold, into which I extract all my .rars and .zips.

When you extract Furney89's .rar, you will see a folder called FM Soundpack. Inside that will be two folders, \match events and \sounds. Copy (don't move) these two folders to your install folder, c:\program files\sports interactive\football manager 2008\data by default. Overwrite All when directed.

Your error is being caused by the fact that FM08 has no \FM Soundpack folder, yet you are trying to create one.
    Ok SSGTroyer - I have extracted the files to My Documents, I have opened them and clicked 'match events' and right clicked and selected 'copy' I am now in the C/Program Files/FM08 etc etc and now what do I do???

Do I click on 'data' then right click and then 'paste' ??? Is that what you mean ???

Amateur

thanks

Amateur

alot good job

Amateur

Originally posted by bcarson:
    Here's what worked for me. First rename the match events and sounds folders that are in the original game. I just added a "1" to each. Do this in case things get screwed up and you need to go back.

Then simply left click and drag each of the new extracted folders to the game data folder.

Hope this helps.

Ok bcarson, I have done what you said word for word. And now have 'match events' and 'sounds' so I now have those along with 'match events1' and 'sounds1' in the 'data' sextion.

I have loaded my save game, clicked 'preference' 'display and sound' and on sounds I have clicked 'sound cache' yet I see no new options at all??

Amateur

Ok I have just played a game, and am noticing a few changes. Should I proceed to delete 'match events1' and 'sounds1' now??

Semi Pro

You don't need to delete your backup folders unless you want to conserve the HD space. They will be ignored by the game. I'd keep them around in case you notice something you don't like and want to revert to the default sounds.

You won't see sound options like you do with skins. Just have "All" selected.

Amateur

Ok thankyou all for your time and assistance, it's much appreciated

Amateur

So, will there be 256 sound files in "sounds" directory after installation?

Amateur

Or only 237 files in "sounds" directory? Sorry double posts.

Semi Pro

Mine has 274

But I've added a couple of my own player and team chants.

Amateur

Troyer would you be kind enough to upload these extra chants of yours mate.If so how do u configure em to work in game

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Mat280:
    Troyer would you be kind enough to upload these extra chants of yours mate.If so how do u configure em to work in game
    They wouln't work for you. They're for my custom team and it's players, most of whom are regens now ...

Semi Pro

dola, sorry ... well, they'd work, but you'd get them coming up at odd times. Do you really want a player chant for "Mad Dog" William Reed?

Banned

Adds so much to the game, cheers furney89.

Amateur

thanks but it makes my game pause for a few seconds whnever anything significant happens and i cant really tell much of a difference

Amateur

can someone else confirm that this makes the game pause for a few seconds before every chant?

Semi Pro

My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.

Amateur

My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.
    it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in

Amateur

Originally posted by bcarson:

Hope this helps.
    If I try your idea, I will get ONLY 237 files in "sounds" folder.
    If I follow what readme says, I'll get 256 files instead.
    So which is the right one? o_O
    Thx.

Semi Pro

it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever
    Agreed, depends on the PC. I have a 3.4 hyper-threading processor with 2MB ram, but the way my Dellcrap mobo is configured, even RAID0 doesn't keep my HD from stealing too much processing time to prevent it. Happened before the soundpack, it'd happen with no sound at all.

Amateur

THANKS M8

Amateur

can someone upload it again ? i cant get the rapidshare link to work and the sendspace link is always full! thanks very much!

Youth Team

I dont think my soundpack's working, no-one's singing any chants or anything? I've got the soundpack in C;/ Program files > Sports Interactive > FM 2008> data.

The match events are in their own folder, same with sounds, what have I done?

Semi Pro

Within \data, do you have a folder called \FM Soundpack ?

Amateur

got similar but i think mine is because 2 files are corrupt according to rar report. Basically I get one chant per half! tried downloading it again but same thing. do'nt suppose anyone knows anywhere else i can get it?

Youth Team

I do.

Part-timer
    Caroline Cheese: 1501: Ben Dirs is now juggling imaginary breasts and shouting \"MELONS\" at me. What\'s all that about? Anyway, round of applause for Dirsy, who\'s off to be a proper journalist for once.

Originally posted by marcftm:
    quote:

I do.

Okay double-click that folder. Ctrl-click each of the folders inside there so they're highlighted. Then right-click and choose cut.

Go back to the data folder and do edit -> paste.

Then restart fm

Amateur

Well my first time to use sound packs..

Is there any spanish teams or players chants...

i imagine this pack would add lot's to the game..

will try and report back tomorrow..

With success i hope

how can i add my own sounds????

Semi Pro

Originally posted by aifiy:
    how can i add my own sounds????
    Such a simple question, such a drawn-out answer...

My advice is to learn how to add your own sounds the way I did. Download Furney89's soundpack, look at his files, and see how he did it. Learn from his example.

Banned

Furney, two people play FM on this PC (including myself!), but the other (My Dad) doesn't like these sort of downloads. Is there a way I could get it to only work on my log in?

Banned

Oh yeah, I'm using Windows XP.

Part-timer
    Caroline Cheese: 1501: Ben Dirs is now juggling imaginary breasts and shouting \"MELONS\" at me. What\'s all that about? Anyway, round of applause for Dirsy, who\'s off to be a proper journalist for once.

Originally posted by Stormz30000:
    Oh yeah, I'm using Windows XP.
    I can't promise this will work but I think you'd have to uninstall reinstall FM 08 to get the default soundpack in (making sure to install the patch you were running before so your games work).

You could try making a data folder in \My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\ and copy the soundpack into there and see if that works...

Amateur

Originally posted by Stormz30000:
    Furney, two people play FM on this PC (including myself!), but the other (My Dad) doesn't like these sort of downloads. Is there a way I could get it to only work on my log in?
    why cant he just turn sounds off when he plays if he dont like those sort of downloads, because if he keeps the sounds on ususaly during the match (i.e the ones u get with the game) and doesnt mind, why cant he play with the soundpack as it sounds better (in my opinion)

Amateur

in order to develop the sound pack further i need your help in several ways:

• I need people to submit chants to me
    • You need to tell me what you dont like about the pack, specific chants or things that are irritating
    • help me out and work with my pack, try stuff out and tell me if it worked (if you fancy messing with it)[/list]
      end of the day i want it to be the best it can, this wont be the first version of the pack possibly, and in order to make it better, i need you, the people who use it most to tell me and work with me to move it on

i appreciate the feedback so far, its been great, but i know it can be better

email me if you wish, use the address in my profile on these forums

submit chants using that address aswell

thanks

furney89

townbaby

u should remade this because all custom files should be installed at my documents instead of the core files at C drive.

Amateur

Am I the only one who read the title as "FM 2008 Soundtrack Now Available" ?

Amateur

are there any aston villa chants on it if so ill download it ?

Could anyone please please mirror this?

Amateur

Ive downloaded it but i cant find the data folder within fm 2008...all i can find is sounds?

What am i doing wrong

Youth Team

Originally posted by wereallwednesday:
    Ive downloaded it but i cant find the data folder within fm 2008...all i can find is sounds?

What am i doing wrong
    sounds is within the data folder if you've installed it correctly.

Could anyone please please mirror this at turboupload, megaupload or mediafire please? I really want the soundpack and rapidshare, filefront and sendspace never work!

Thanks!

I don't mind email.

I'm desperate.

Part-Timer
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester

Hey Furney...

First up, this is a great soundpack and it really adds depth and atmosphere.

However, I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Anyhow, despite the odd bug or two, it's still better than the linear sounds SI provide...

Amateur

I dl this patch from another fm forum and if it is the same one then its fantastic.........good work.

Amateur

haven't tried this yet so i dont know if they have been included but:

eieieiao
    stand up if you love " "
    jingle bells
    player name, player name, player player name, when he hits the ball no doubt hes scored, player player name (sorry about player thing lol)

just a few that come to mind

Amateur

does this have matchday songs like bubbles and stuff or just chants?

Mirror, pretty please?

Amateur

our corny song (Rotherham the merry millers)

millermen, millernmen,
    the more they try o put us down the more we'll rise again, millermen, millermen,
    the red and whites will stand and fight,
    were millermen

Amateur

sorry the second line should be to put us down not o put us down
    typo

Expect some new developments on this in the next few days

Amateur
    Sitting infront of my greasy computer praying that I can put Swansea City in the top four :(

Could you do

"The Referee's A W*n*e*"

All the Swansea faithfull were singing it against leeds

Amateur

Originally posted by East End Dan_BristolCity:
    Expect some new developments on this in the next few days
    Like what please?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast