Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FM 2008 Soundpack Now Available

Part-Timer

im not being funny, but i go to preferences, sisplay & sound section, and untick the sound! I listen to music throught playing fm and find that annoying celerbation noises distorts my music! So i think i will give the sound packs a miss!

Amateur
    a part of the cure? or am i part of the disese?

there hopefully will be some developments in terms of some new chants being added to the pack

Dan and a russian friend of mine have been getting some new chants for me to add to the pack

Furney if you haven't already check your e-mail I have sent you the folder.

Originally posted by furney89:
    quote:
    Originally posted by SSGTroyer:
    My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.
    it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in

Hi Furney - this is top, top work. I don't know if this is going to help at all (I suspect not), but I have the Champions League music AND the Barclays Premier League music (you only hear it at live games I think - certainly that's the only time I've heard it at West Ham).

I suspect you can't do anything with those sound files, but they are there if you want.

I actually can't wait for my work to be added to the soundpack I think it is something that a lot of people are going to enjoy.

Amateur

Originally posted by GillsMan_Returns:
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by SSGTroyer:
    My ME has always stuttered when my HD was writing/reading out it's cache. It hasn't changed with this.
    it doesnt make my game stutter in anyway,

it depends on your pc, i have a 3ghz proccsor, with 1gb ram, and i have no problems whatso ever

if anybody has any chants they wish to submit or have found some on the net, get in touch, and il add them in

Hi Furney - this is top, top work. I don't know if this is going to help at all (I suspect not), but I have the Champions League music AND the Barclays Premier League music (you only hear it at live games I think - certainly that's the only time I've heard it at West Ham).

I suspect you can't do anything with those sound files, but they are there if you want.

hey. gillsman, a person in the FM community who was very much involved with FM/CM when i first got into the whole internet scene of it, loved your skins and facepacks etc, where did u go?! suppose you had something called a life hehe

anyway

id love to add that music in, however, its just not possbile

the match engine (and sound) is started as soon as you click the "start match" button, so for the champions league music, or premiership music to blear out at kick off would seem a tad unrealistic

however i did consider have the end snippet of either,to fade out at kickoff (when you clicked "start match") just a little bit, to make it seem more realistic you were at a premiership match, however even thats impossible, as theres no way to distiguish the difference between a premier league match, la liga, a cup game or world cup etc etc so the same snippet would play at every single game

it sucks

Originally posted by rooneymagic88:
    quote:
    Originally posted by East End Dan_BristolCity:
    Expect some new developments on this in the next few days
    Like what please?

Sorry for the late reply, I can now announce that my addition to the soundpack is the addition of my 'Championship Megapack' which contains chants for each of the 24 clubs in this seasons Coca Cola Championship.

Third Team

Originally posted by dirtyscarab:
    Hey Furney...

First up, this is a great soundpack and it really adds depth and atmosphere.

However, I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Anyhow, despite the odd bug or two, it's still better than the linear sounds SI provide...
    Yeah i have noticed that it keeps playing the same chant over and over again!
    Usually when it happens the other team always scores against me

Any solutions over than keep having to exit the match scree gets anoyying after a while.

Amateur

im having some difficulty installing i think can some help me
    and puyt it into more depth in what u ave to do cheers

Amateur

Followed the instructions given above and all working fine. I renamed the original two files 1&2 as directed and selected all in play sounds.

my question is, now that I have two sets of sound folders in my data folder and the "All"option ticked in preferences am I getting both sound packs together ie FM original sounds plus Furney 89's one or just the new one and should I move the original sound folders from the Data folder to where?.

Youth Team

Any updates on a further pack? I love this pack. Would be good to hear more Scottish chants in there if at all possible. Where can i find chants so i can send them to furney?

Third Team

Ive added fair lot of extra chants to mine.
    I just go to youtube and type teams names or chants like top of league.

Then record them on my phone, convert them to wave sound and then find the team or player unique id, then rename the file and sorted

If im top of the league which is very rare, i have a top of the league chant which i rename to my teams id when im top of league so they sing it now and again during games, pretty cool i must admit.

Youth Team

Whats the match sounds and match events for then? I thought you had to do something to that as well?

Amateur

Anyone make a youtube vid of the soundpack in action?

Third Team

Yeah you do i just copied of how the person who created it has done it.
    Say if i make a sound for Burnley i record the sound convert it to wave file, then name the file FM_tm_622 place it in the sounds folder.
    Then go to Match events folder open match sounds with notepad and scroll down to the bottom where the sound team chants are.
    Then i just copy one of the lines that have already been done.Then paste it and change the team id to 622. I.e

SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, "FM_tm_622", 0, 1, 2, 0
    Same for player just copy one of the lines already done and change the player id and create a sound and name it FM_pl_HERE GOES THE PLAYER ID.

Hope that helps.

Amateur

PLEASE HELP !!!

i really just cant seem to get these to work

ive extracted the file to my data folder followed the guide and it still doesnt work

Please please please can sombody help

verry much appreciated

cheers

Amateur

Thank you very much, first time that I have added a soundpack to the game I like it, very much so. The tannoy announcements are a nice and the crowd chants.

One slight problem as it is now even more authentic than before the game will become even more addictive than ever before sucking me in further in the virtual football manager world.

+ More than ample kudos to you

Amateur

Originally posted by mart07:
    PLEASE HELP !!!

i really just cant seem to get these to work

ive extracted the file to my data folder followed the guide and it still doesnt work

Please please please can sombody help

verry much appreciated

cheers
    Hmmm not sure what the problem that you're experiencing is are you able to expand.

Does it play any sound at all?

Some others state the sound gets stuck in a loop, does yours? [Not happend with me so far, don't think it will either seems fine)

Do you still have the "Original Sound Files", go back to them and try and see.

To be honest all I did was follow the instructions, unzip with winrar, copy to the game folders data folder ( ** rename originals just in case **) , in the game prefense checked the sound boxes and made sure 'all' was selected to; odd that it fails with you :/

Youth Team

Will this work with WSM2008?

Amateur

Originally posted by gunnerfan:
    I'm using it with my digital d'load of WWSM. I do get the occasional "stuck in a loop" problem others have mentioned but other than that I've had no trouble.

Amateur

downloading now, if there aren't any Ajax chants I'll look for some and give you the low down on them

Just downloading now
    Thanks mate.

Youth Team

Originally posted by Sweed:
    quote:
    Originally posted by gunnerfan:
    I'm using it with my digital d'load of WWSM. I do get the occasional "stuck in a loop" problem others have mentioned but other than that I've had no trouble.

I'm not using the digital download, mine's off the CD. Anyone know of any issues with that?

Amateur

Apart from freezing when watching 3-D matches, a nice touch to FM '08.

Props on the new sounds!

Amateur

^I should of added freezes game play in visual mode for a couple of seconds usually during one of the more important moves.

StSt

Originally posted by Flyingdutchman:
    downloading now, if there aren't any Ajax chants I'll look for some and give you the low down on them
    maybe u should download my Ajax pack, it is combined with Furneys. Read de leesmij.txt in it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WD5HJXQ

Any news on the Championship Megapack, Furney?

Amateur

i'm really upset with this patch as it sounds like great addition to game, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
    i mean, i can hardly see the difference and there are no team chants supposed to be in the game.

i can tell that patch is installed only because of the stadium announcer's voice when additional time is indicated by the referee at the half or full time.

Amateur

The Championship Megapack will be done soon, im very very busy, so fingers crossed soon

i appreciate your excited to see your work but hold on a little more pal

Blayhod: it shouldnt sound like the originals, have u got ur settings in preferences set to "all" etc

Yeah thats ok, just I getting people on Bristol City Forum who keep asking me so thought I better check that was all. Thanks for letting me know will just have to wait little bit longer then

Amateur

The Championship Megapack will be done soon, im very very busy, so fingers crossed soon

i appreciate your excited to see your work but hold on a little more pal

Blayhod: it shouldnt sound like the originals, have u got ur settings in preferences set to "all" etc
    yes i do, but still when i face chelsea i can't hear a song, neither when rooney scored a hattrick against me at old trafford

banji319

i must say hope it works better and there is more players and they work because just now no player chantss work, the whole 10 of them ,teams not too sure if they work too, too much sound going on during maatches to really hear the chants maybe u could dull it down no need for all the crowd noise.

Amateur

its half term next week, so i should have spare time then an hopefully will have a new pack for you

i understand a few of you are currently expierecing issues with player and team chants

for the next release i will look at that and sort it out

its all about time for which i wish i had more of

Dans put alot of work into collecting the bristol city and championship chants, of which ive listened to and will be going into the game,so i thankyou and im sorry i havent released a new pack yet, and ive also recieved a pack off a russian guy so thats

il be honest, with the 8.0.2 patch due soon, im abit edgy releasing a pack before then, as it can cause complications

they have in history released it on valentines day as a present to the forums, so i hope they do it then again

Amateur

Just wondering
    do i need to create a data folder or is it just in here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

Amateur

it will be there allready

Amateur

Originally posted by dirtyscarab:
    ... I've noticed that certain sounds get stuck in a loop very frequently, and the only way to cure this is to exit out of the match screen and then go back into the match.

Anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?
    Firstly Id like to thank Furney for the great soundpack. Nice work.

Unfortunately Im having the same issue as the above quote. It seems to be the background chanting noise thats effected. The noise in the foreground still seems to work properly even when this happens.

Amateur

Need some help please furney.Ive just gone to extract your soundpack to my data files,and for some strange reason the data file is missing in the drop down.Do i need to create a new one or is it something i am doing wrong.Cheers

Youth Team

Any updates coming at all with this project?

Cheers.

Not sure think Furney is trying the new pack to see the compatibility with the new 8.02 patch before he releases it to make sure it is to as high of a standard as he can and that he is happy with it before it is released.

Amateur

Any news?

Amateur

Is this compatible with 8.0.2 ?

Furney is away currently I believe, I e-mailed him the other night and it shouldn't be too much longer from what he told me.

Amateur

hello guys

firsty sorry for the delay in really anything happening, i appreciate all your intrest,especially Dans as hes eagerly wanting his working included, which it will be very soon

ive currently been in l.a recently, but now im back home in england, back with my PC etc etc blah blah blah, so work will continue,

iam however, like all of us, have a life doing traditional human things such as work and jobs etc and im very busy guy at the moment

the issues your having etc should be no more as im planning on a re-write of the entire code again, which has been jumbled and addedd to each more recent release(s)

however this wont take as long as it sounds, but it will ensure it works well throughout, and should stop those random problems

i like releasing packs after patches because sometimes i think the patch can overwrite files ive edited to create the soundpack, so if i release it after, most people will of downloaded the patch, and my work the week later will overwrite the key files i use to avoid complications

anyway, hold tight i should have news later on in the week maybe

theres no time frame as ever, but u should know im on it

thanks for your patience

Amateur

i'm looking forward to this patch as i was always disappointed by SI's match sounds witch could be a great add on to match.

so take time, cheers

Part-Timer

Well here's a stupid question: Is it save-game compatible or do I have to start a new game for it to work? Cheers in advance.

Part-Timer

I've already answered my own question, so never mind

Amateur

Good sounds.

However, this soundpack slows down the game. There is a long pause after every corner, free-kick etc.

Amateur

I deleted it ASAP.

Amateur

Originally posted by Justme87:
    Good sounds.

However, this soundpack slows down the game. There is a long pause after every corner, free-kick etc.
    i really have never heard anyone mention that problem before

the sound hasnt for me, ever slowed the game down at all, and im running on a single core proccesor and a ok amount of RAM

you must really have a very very slow computer as it shouldnt have any performance problems whatsoever

its a shame you have deleted it, but thanks for the feedback, but i must say im very very suprised as ive never come across in the 4years such a problem

Schotsmannetje yes it is savegame compatible and works with all patches etc etc

First Team Squad Member
    Kevin Betsy runs on (empty) Duracell...get well soon Kev!

My game can 'jutter' every now and again too though & is just to do with my computer spped & what other programs I've got on in background

Amateur

can't wait for this mate! Will there be any new chants?

Amateur

Originally posted by dabest:
    can't wait for this mate! Will there be any new chants?
    yeah there will be a whole new addition with personalised championship chants made by East End Dan_BristolCity,who has been patiently waiting for his chants to be included since christmas

however ive got some other issues im wanting to fix with not much luck so far

Amateur

nice one, what about Derby County?

Part-Timer

Thanks man I've been playing with the soundpack all day and it has really made matches more lively. Cheers mate.

Youth Team

Good to hear Furney. I am hoping some Scottish Chants are coming though i have been trying to find some with no luck so far mate. I fear i am looking in all the wrong places though.

Looking for Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibs

Motherwell

All SPL (If Possible) Though it may be hard to get all.

Think it might be a bit late for this pack as I am pretty sure it just needs coding up a little then it is done.

How is it coming along then Furney? You still having difficulty with what you were before.

Part-timer

There must be a good number of people monitoring this thread for developments lol. I'd never played FM with a soundpack before installing Furney's first version for 08, the difference is amazing. I wonder why SI don't improve the sound themselves? The one that comes with the game is awful.

Furney's work to the Football Manager community since FM2005 has been nothing short of brilliant, his soundpacks are for sure the best you can get and make a hell of a lot of difference to the game and in my opinion really add to the atmosphere, while playing it makes me feel like I am actually at a game with all the player and team chants on there.

This upcoming soundpack will be a must even for those who haven't used them before. Your not the only one looking regularly for developments i'm on here daily checking

Youth Team

How should the sound cache be set?

louisrroque

dabest -

not really much for derby to chant about! : )

Amateur

Sorry but im a little new to this:

But ive already got Winrar and ive downloaded my ticket for the soundpack, do I now want to save it or open it??

I really want to be able to do this!

thanks.

Amateur

Originally posted by andoz2000:
    Sorry but im a little new to this:

But ive already got Winrar and ive downloaded my ticket for the soundpack, do I now want to save it or open it??

I really want to be able to do this!

thanks.

Hey [b]andoz2000[\b], just decompress the file you've downloaded and then Simply place the "sounds" & "match events" folder in the data folder inside the directory you have the game installed.

Just make a backup of the original file, just in case something "bad" happends

any doubt just read the reame file that is inside the file you've downloaded.

Amateur

Originally posted by louisrroque:
    dabest -

not really much for derby to chant about! : )
    Lol you say that but we've outsang nearly every team this year. Even at old trafford where we got hammered we were the fans being heard!

Youth Team

Originally posted by Frankie 7:
    How should the sound cache be set?
    Anyone?

Amateur

all?

Amateur

any chance someone makes it available to torrent?

Third Team

I love the sound pack makes so much better.
    I am eargerly looking forward to the new pack with the championship chants, will be so much more realistic ! Can't wait

Amateur

I'm having trouble installing. What is the data folder, I don't have one!

Amateur

you are a LEGEND mate, thanks!!!

Hope that this project is still ongoing just it seems to have gone very quiet recently and would be such a shame if it wasn't.

Amateur

Hi,

I cant understand the readme file. How do you make the chants play more often?

I used the 0,1,2,0 but the sounds are RARE. What do i change that too?

Thanks.

Amateur

Is there a torrent for the download? Its just my net doesn't stay connected for more than 5 mins continuously.

Amateur

will this work with the 07? had a soundpack on my old lamptop from 07 but cant find anywhere to download?

Amateur

whats the story with the mod then, does it work with the latest patch for FM08?

ive just bought FM08 and am lookin forward to gettin started.
    are there any scottish chants in this mod ie celtic and rangers chants?

Amateur

how do you add more than 1 chant for a team if possible?

It isn't possible to do that because I asked Furney before starting my pack and he said it couldn't be done and that there was only 1 space per team.

Amateur

erm i havnt downloaded a soundtrack before or anyting once ive downloaded it is that it? will it work?
    or do i have to do something?

Semi Pro

do they work with 07 too.? i play 07 online while 08 is my home alone game. ?

Part-timer

Is Furney's the only soundpack still out there? Anybody heard of new ones? This one is great though. Just wondering.

Amateur

I have created soundpacks for scotland and england that are add-ons. These are available at fmglive.com/forums. I have created lots of chants including the whole of scotland and england is still needing league one and two completed. The Leagues done are:

Scotland SPL, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3.
    England EPL, Championship
    Serbia
    Greece

I am also in the process of releasing soundpacks for Scotland with non-specific scottish chants instead of english chants.

England non-specific chants soundpack that will be ideal for people playing as english teams.

I have added over 100 team chants including replacing the ones furney made. I am updating the whole thing so if you want the ones that have been done goto:

www.fmglive.com/forums. Leave feedback tho.

Third Team

Sounds good I have had a quick look on the link you gave but can't see it anywhere.

Which part of the forum is it in ?

Third Team

Originally posted by Barkermush:
    Sounds good I have had a quick look on the link you gave but can't see it anywhere.

Which part of the forum is it in ?
    Nevermind ^ ^ ^ I registered and did a search. Downloaded then English Prem and Championship Add Ons.
    I have listen to the chants and they are great thanks
    I can't wait for your non specific sound packs, they make the game so much more realistic and enjoyable. Keep up the good work

Amateur

Your welcome mate.

The whole idea came into mind when i was like everyone else...waiting on one guy to release soundpacks and wondering if he would ever update his pack. He never did and i got impatient and done an add-on pack.

Then the idea for 2 different non-specific chant soundpacks for scotland and england so you dont have to put up with english chants in scottish games came into mind.

In my full packs that will be released sometime this week it will include alot more secret features. Its upto the players to notice them.

I have gave furney credit in the addon packs but once my own soundpacks are created they will of course be my own work.

Furney never had any competition really but now he has i suppose .

Enjoy.

Amateur

Sounds great. Furneys sound pack was very nice, but unfortunately I had the "stuck in a loop" problem mentioned in previous pages so I had to stop using it. I look forward to your new soundpack.

Part-timer

Originally posted by n0va:
    I have created soundpacks for scotland and england that are add-ons. These are available at fmglive.com/forums. I have created lots of chants including the whole of scotland and england is still needing league one and two completed. The Leagues done are:

Scotland SPL, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3.
    England EPL, Championship
    Serbia
    Greece

I am also in the process of releasing soundpacks for Scotland with non-specific scottish chants instead of english chants.

England non-specific chants soundpack that will be ideal for people playing as english teams.

I have added over 100 team chants including replacing the ones furney made. I am updating the whole thing so if you want the ones that have been done goto:

www.fmglive.com/forums. Leave feedback tho.
    n0va,

Sounds interesting. Thanks. But I have a problem. I registered at fmglive last night, and still have not received the confirmation email in over 12 hours.

Just now, I went back to fmglive, and tried to register again, but I was told my IP address already had an account! So I thought maybe I don't need a confirmation email to arrive and I can just log-in now.

And I did, but I can't view some forums or posts or use certain functions, including your Soundpack extension project thread.

So how else can I download the file please?

Cheers,

TG.

Part-timer

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:
    And I did, but I can't view some forums or posts or use certain functions, including your Soundpack extension project thread.
    Just to clarify - I found, and can see the thread, but when I click on the link, it says I don't have permission. Same with other threads.

Part-timer

I don't even have permission to post there. This sucks.

Amateur

I dont know. I am not an admin, just part of the crew.

Try contacting an admin via pm or email.

The team chants soundpacks have got the loop as they are addons to furneys pack but once i have released my own soundpack hopefully i can get rid of it.

Its an easy fix anyway, just goto the news menu or come out of the match and then go back into it and it will go back to normal.

I hope you get it sorted out as i am not posting the links for these packs on any other websites except FMGLive.

Amateur

I have exactly same problem as you Gaffoski. Seems they don't want my custom!

Amateur

Its been a long time since ive really said much on my soundpack, however its finnaly great n0va has decided to add to the pack with the add-ons, i havent had a chance to play FM, let alone listen to his work, but im sure its all good

Its not easy work, and not enjoyable if you got the stage i did, of thousands of lines of code editing and alterations,mixing and listening to general chants 100s times,to see which event it suits the best

n0va wont be using any of my chants for my pack for the general sounds,or the config file, mainly because its his own work, and mine has had 4 years of the making, and ive spent alot of hard work out there for someone to just add a few new chants in there for teams,which is the easiet bit

Dan has sent me some championship chants, and i also had a random russia premier league pack sent, but honestly, ive been so busy travelling, and working ive not had time to sit down and do it

i did a couple of weeks ago try to fix a few problems, but it really isnt easy

now n0va is creating his own pack, it gives people choice, and something new and fresh

maybe me and n0va could work together and write a total new pack, since ive got 400 general chants, from 5 differnt FM/CMs and try to start from scratch and build a ultimate pack without annoying bugs

i think half the problem was mine had been added to so many times, with so many lines,and events added, ive made mistakes, and it might be time to start afresh

its a idea

Youth Team

Originally posted by 'Appy 'Ammer:
    I have exactly same problem as you Gaffoski. Seems they don't want my custom!
    You should be sorted. You have to check your email and junk mail folder you registered in as you must validate your account. But i have sorted all out now so should work.

Amateur

Frankie7 - cheers me old china!

Amateur

It seems as if a soundpack has been released elsewhere. I'm going to give that a try untill this gets released

• Closed Thread
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2