Asda Sold Early

I phoned them up to ask if they were going to put them on the shelves at 12:00 and was told they were. I gets down there at 12:00 and i find that not only do they not have any copies, but they actually sold them on the 13th at midnight.

I'm fuming

throw the book at them SI

it's a shame, but i really dont think there's anything that can be done about it.

even the big games retailers do it sometimes. if one breaks the release, they feel they have little choice.

and no developer in their right mind would ave a go at the people who sell their games

it's a shame, but i really dont think there's anything that can be done about it.

even the big games retailers do it sometimes. if one breaks the release, they feel they have little choice.

and no developer in their right mind would ave a go at the people who sell their games

It's illegal, so everything can be done about it. Developers/publishers of Football Manager would have a go at them in the right mind, as I'm sure FM would take a good amount of sales from the shop if the shop decided not to sell it next year because someone had a go at them for being, well, criminals.

i got mine early as well so what your point?

The point is i went down at the right time, and on the right date, and they had already sold them 24hours before that.

For me its a 20min walk there and 20min back.

the thing is they were adamant the release date was the 13th, and wouldn't accept they were in the wrong, and had wasted all our time.

It's illegal, so everything can be done about it. Developers/publishers of Football Manager would have a go at them in the right mind, as I'm sure FM would take a good amount of sales from the shop if the shop decided not to sell it next year because someone had a go at them for being, well, criminals.

I dont think the developers would be too bothered either, they still get the money for the sales. it really wouldnt be worth the hassle starting a conflict with a major retailer over 0.01% of the the games overall sales

I dont think the developers would be too bothered either, they still get the money for the sales. it really wouldnt be worth the hassle starting a conflict with a major retailer over 0.01% of the the games overall sales

The developers are very bothered, they had to release the game early last year because of this problem and is the major reason for the activation process I believe. Also if no-one was bothered, SEGA wouldn't be asking for the names and locations of shops who do it.

The developers are very bothered, they had to release the game early last year because of this problem and is the major reason for the activation process I believe. Also if no-one was bothered, SEGA wouldn't be asking for the names and locations of shops who do it.

fair enough, i didn't know that, i just didnt think it would be too much of a problem, i would like to know specifically how big it is though. i know it's illegal (so are a lot of silly things), but i would like to know what effects this has.

(genuine question, not trolling)

Well there are pre-orders, that means if shops are sellign it before release date then those on pre-orders at other places are paying to watch other people play the game early just cos a shop or two decided to break the rules, while they payed to get the game guaranteed on the official release date.

It's a case of fairness really, a release date is a release date. Also, the shop and the publisher make an agreement - the shop agree to sell it on release day and the publishers give them enough stock in time for that date. To get it early as part of the agreement and then sell it early is just wrong.

They don't want it to be sold early because if done so it will be cracked before release day and they lose loads on first day sales, etc, for when everyone else starts to sell it

that's a fair point. in my opinion though, people who are gonna download a cracked copy are going to do it anyway. i doubt there's too many people who would cancel a pre-order or a midnight visit to a store to sit at their PC lobbin one off while waiting for their FM to download. and two days before/2 days after release? aint much of a difference.

maybe i'm believig in humanity too much again, i get like that sometimes, i think i must be in love again, damn

Archived