+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Asda Sold Early

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th November 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    193

    Thumbs down Asda Sold Early

    I phoned them up to ask if they were going to put them on the shelves at 12:00 and was told they were. I gets down there at 12:00 and i find that not only do they not have any copies, but they actually sold them on the 13th at midnight.

    I'm fuming


    throw the book at them SI

  2. #2
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    i got mine early as well so what your point?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    1st November 2006
    Location
    Receiving constant abuse from GillsMan, who also lies.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Report them to SI/Sega and we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by L1GhTz View Post
    i got mine early as well so what your point?
    *facepalm*

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd October 2007
    Location
    Rainbow Ridge Commune, Uruguay
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    it's a shame, but i really dont think there's anything that can be done about it.

    even the big games retailers do it sometimes. if one breaks the release, they feel they have little choice.

    and no developer in their right mind would ave a go at the people who sell their games

  5. #5

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    I just got back from Asda just now after buying my game. I got it at 12:15am GMT.

    When were they meant to go on sale ?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    1st November 2006
    Location
    Receiving constant abuse from GillsMan, who also lies.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by ookie View Post
    it's a shame, but i really dont think there's anything that can be done about it.

    even the big games retailers do it sometimes. if one breaks the release, they feel they have little choice.

    and no developer in their right mind would ave a go at the people who sell their games
    It's illegal, so everything can be done about it. Developers/publishers of Football Manager would have a go at them in the right mind, as I'm sure FM would take a good amount of sales from the shop if the shop decided not to sell it next year because someone had a go at them for being, well, criminals.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th November 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by L1GhTz View Post
    i got mine early as well so what your point?

    The point is i went down at the right time, and on the right date, and they had already sold them 24hours before that.

    For me its a 20min walk there and 20min back.

    the thing is they were adamant the release date was the 13th, and wouldn't accept they were in the wrong, and had wasted all our time.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd October 2007
    Location
    Rainbow Ridge Commune, Uruguay
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy38 View Post
    It's illegal, so everything can be done about it. Developers/publishers of Football Manager would have a go at them in the right mind, as I'm sure FM would take a good amount of sales from the shop if the shop decided not to sell it next year because someone had a go at them for being, well, criminals.
    I dont think the developers would be too bothered either, they still get the money for the sales. it really wouldnt be worth the hassle starting a conflict with a major retailer over 0.01% of the the games overall sales

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    1st November 2006
    Location
    Receiving constant abuse from GillsMan, who also lies.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by ookie View Post
    I dont think the developers would be too bothered either, they still get the money for the sales. it really wouldnt be worth the hassle starting a conflict with a major retailer over 0.01% of the the games overall sales
    The developers are very bothered, they had to release the game early last year because of this problem and is the major reason for the activation process I believe. Also if no-one was bothered, SEGA wouldn't be asking for the names and locations of shops who do it.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th November 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    I'm bothered cause i'm sitting here now, with no game.

    if big companies like Asda get the book thrown at them, they would possible try to make sure this didnt happen again.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd October 2007
    Location
    Rainbow Ridge Commune, Uruguay
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy38 View Post
    The developers are very bothered, they had to release the game early last year because of this problem and is the major reason for the activation process I believe. Also if no-one was bothered, SEGA wouldn't be asking for the names and locations of shops who do it.
    fair enough, i didn't know that, i just didnt think it would be too much of a problem, i would like to know specifically how big it is though. i know it's illegal (so are a lot of silly things), but i would like to know what effects this has.

    (genuine question, not trolling)

  12. #12
    Star Player
    Join Date
    24th December 2004
    Location
    Islington, North London // WWE Prediction League 2013 Winner
    Posts
    28,651

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    They don't want it to be sold early because if done so it will be cracked before release day and they lose loads on first day sales, etc, for when everyone else starts to sell it

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    1st November 2006
    Location
    Receiving constant abuse from GillsMan, who also lies.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Well there are pre-orders, that means if shops are sellign it before release date then those on pre-orders at other places are paying to watch other people play the game early just cos a shop or two decided to break the rules, while they payed to get the game guaranteed on the official release date.

    It's a case of fairness really, a release date is a release date. Also, the shop and the publisher make an agreement - the shop agree to sell it on release day and the publishers give them enough stock in time for that date. To get it early as part of the agreement and then sell it early is just wrong.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd October 2007
    Location
    Rainbow Ridge Commune, Uruguay
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_ View Post
    They don't want it to be sold early because if done so it will be cracked before release day and they lose loads on first day sales, etc, for when everyone else starts to sell it
    that's a fair point. in my opinion though, people who are gonna download a cracked copy are going to do it anyway. i doubt there's too many people who would cancel a pre-order or a midnight visit to a store to sit at their PC lobbin one off while waiting for their FM to download. and two days before/2 days after release? aint much of a difference.

    maybe i'm believig in humanity too much again, i get like that sometimes, i think i must be in love again, damn

  15. #15
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th October 2008
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    i pre ordered it from asda on tuesday night and it hasnt even been sent yet!

  16. #16
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    19th February 2006
    Location
    The Rookery
    Posts
    3,555

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    Quote Originally Posted by Luton Town! View Post
    i pre ordered it from asda on tuesday night and it hasnt even been sent yet!
    Being a 3rd world town 'n' all that, they're probably having difficulty getting to you.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    3rd October 2007
    Location
    Rainbow Ridge Commune, Uruguay
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    pahaha.

    i also dislike Luton

  18. #18
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th August 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Asda Sold Early

    i bought mine off the internet thats why i got mine early not because the retailer gave them out early

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts