Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 1684

Thread: Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

Amateur

Default Re: Authentication and update

I installed the game fine a few hours ago but everytime i went to start it it came up with an error report!!
    I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions??

and after all this it now says im not connected to the internet!
    how annoying!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Ok... These genius security measures are clearly not working. The no CD / auth hacked version is already available so all that this new feature has done is annoyed the loyal customers who have paid.

Is there no way that you can cut SoftAnchor out of the process now you know the anti-hack software hasn't worked? Just a generic authorisation code or a patch that bypasses that part of the set-up?
    Ther's a hacked version out already? Well, that makes the anti-piracy system well worth it doesn't it? Stopped the hackers for all of 5 f***** minutes!

Where is this hacked version? I'll take my genuine, bought copy that I can't play back to the shop and I'll download the illegal version that I can actually play!!!

Amateur

I hope once this is sorted SI will give is the necessary information to log a formal complaint, trading standards comes to mind

Amateur

Currently downloading the EA manager 09 demo, while i wait for this nightmare to be over and they finish updating the uniloc servers

Amateur

Please can some one help! im having problems registering my code, originally i used the steam install option, it worked fine until i loaded the game and had to put in the code again, it uses the internet to confirm it and in doind so uses Internet Explorer which i dont use as it doesnt work (i use mozilla firefox) i tried changing html to htm, and all other possible solutions, so then i decided to reinstall FM09 and used the fone option i installed it loaded it up and it again asks for the code i dont have the option for phoning up and i dont know the number to ring. When i load it up its say;

Product Activations Options

Online Activation
    (thats it i assume here i should have the option of phoning??)

Does any have the number to ring?
    Or do you know how i can stop the SoftAnchor online registration?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gauvner View Post
    ERrrrm. I have activated it through steam but when i try launch the game it sends me to softanchor to activate it again.!? WTF

When i try to activate it through steam though it sends me to softanchor . This is one big balls up by SI

People who thought this would be a good idea are/were ********.
    exactly the same for me, except i was playing the game for 4 hours last night after i activated it. today for some unknown reason i had to activate it again, and it now won't verify the key code

Semi Pro
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by dimitris antonoglou View Post
    All this DRM attempt is pointless and i cant understand why software companies pay money to make legitimate users' lives difficult.
    Pirates will pirate your game anyway. This is madness. If legitimate games become harder to install than pirate copies, what do you think people will do?
    I agree, and until this morning had never thought of doing such a thing before. SI sort it out, "its your baby!"

I want to be playing the game now it works but feel obliged to trawl here trying to help others that had the same probs as me.

By the way guys the freezing bug isnt cured by the patch but if you choose the screen definintion ( xyz X xyz thing) setting 2nd up from the bottom it seems to fix it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SIR J View Post
    i have the same dave1809
    I think we all have that 'connection' error and it's SoftAnchors server problem, We just have to wait.

Amateur

I have the same issue where softanchor is telling me that I'm not connected to the internet.

Can anyone from SEGA/SI please respond? Even if it's to say we're looking into it?

Amateur

How can Sega/SI games not have been ready for this! gggrrrrr and to think i uninstalled the demo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kevt81 View Post
    Success at last

Right, for those who have XP and the boxed version like me, this is all i done,

Updated Windows
    Restarted the computer
    Started up FM09
    Entered my code
    and Bobs your Uncle, it works.

Sounds dead simple i know, but it worked for me.

When you say update windows, upadatw to what?

Amateur

im having the same internet connection error, they say to turn anti-virus software and firewall off. how do you do that?

Banned

SI at what point will you just decide to remove the DRM?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
    Hi guys, this is in the Activation sticky, but to try to help you have a look at the below and see if it helps

Persons experiencing an Error [-51] or [-52] when trying to activate their copy of the game should follow the instructions below.

The error messages relate to a failure to create a licence [-51] and failure to read from a licence [-52]. Therefore, the problem lies with the file system access and is not contributable to firewall programs. Anti-virus programs may be a contributing factor, this is still under investigation - we would ask that you follow the process below 'with' anti-virus on and if you are still failing to activate, please reboot and turn off antivirus.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3)Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

If you are unable to activate, please try the following:

A)**VISTA USERS ONLY** Re-run the process above, when at Step (6) - try running the installer under Adminstrator privileges (you need to locate the Setup.exe file, right click and 'Run as Administrator)

B) ALL USERS - Re-run the process, but before Step (1) , please disable your Anti-virus software

If you are still receiving errors, please post them in this thread and we will fix on a first come first served basis.

Please accept our utmost apologies for any inconvenience caused during this period - our aim is to get you playing as quickly as possible.
    YOU are responsible for the DRM. Your last comment is thus incorrect, if that was your aim from the start DRM would not have happened and (goodwill wise) you would be a lot better off for it.

Amateur

I don't care they're updating servers at uniloc. They should've been ready in the first place! To hell with em all.

Amateur

I have spent my time scouring the database for players with potential between -9 and -10.

Amateur

Well..... Now that FM09 isnt working..... we can watch

CHILDREN IN NEED TONIGHT!!!!

Oh wait..... sorry Kids - I just spent £30 on Sweet FA..... I could have donated that !!!!!!!!

TALK TO SI !

Amateur

Throwing my hat into the "unable to connect to the internet" ring; also like the sarcy "For help please visit www.sigames.com."

Obviously it's to do with servers at SoftAnchor but surely they knew that there would be a huge number of people all over the world buying and thus needing to activate this game? how did they not anticipate that and thus account for it?

And what on earth is with the constant need for validation numbers? One entry of the activation code to a solid server is all that needs to be done, not this jumping from Steam to SoftAnchor; it reeks of distrust on our part as the consumer and it's funny to think that as there is no other genuine competition out therem why would you need to make it more consumer friendly?

After the strides that 2008 had made people are already being hampered with the 2009 brand, and they've not even had a chance to load it up yet.

Travesty

Amateur

Just to keep people happy whilst we're waiting here is a game :-)
    http://www.foddy.net/Cricket.html
    It is also strangely addictive and annoying but less so than all of this!!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Can you please post YOUR specific problems so that we may assist.

Uniloc servers are running at 5% load - the problem is not Uniloc, nor DRM - it is that the keycodes are illegible...

We can and will assist each and every one of you - but please be patient and as factual as possible when posting.

Regards,

Murray
    Sorry guys, to us that is one and the same thing. We love your work, but those in SI employ that were responsible for this, however you want to term it, should be fired - end of.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by guspjmh View Post
    What about the many customers who haven't found these forums?

Did no-one anticipate any of these problems? If so, surely that is a sign of frightening incompetence?
    Hi,

Those that haven't found the forums will find it more difficult it's true. We are updating the webpages as well and hoping to get a message out through retail as well. However, we hope to have a solution to the Uniloc code readability issue which is causing the vast majority of issues one way or another

Thanks
    Ben

Amateur

Ahh, remember the days when you could just buy the game, install it and play it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by the blue ferret View Post
    I have spent my time scouring the database for players with potential between -9 and -10.
    I can't even see the database - did you install with sTEAM?

Amateur

I've bought the boxed version

installed

authenticated through STEAM - went fine

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

Amateur

I'm now getting a [-703] error... anybody at SI guide me on what to do with it?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tigerhgrrrrrr View Post
    Sorry guys, to us that is one and the same thing. We love your work, but those in SI employ that were responsible for this, however you want to term it, should be fired - end of.
    seems we are dealing with amateurs... this is a shame... 50 euros spent

Amateur

I'm new here and registering to use this forum was as stressful as not being able to play the damn game.

for hours Ive been having the softanchor problem telling me im not connected to the net.
    Then I was getting an error code (71 i think it was) and that I needed to get a new key
    But wait, now I'm not connected to the net again.

I'm a lucky tester of this game and have been eagerly awaiting for the release of this.... Now im just another annoyed customer.

Why am I even posting this far into a thread, it's not going to get read by anyone

Oh yeah, I've also never even heard of this steam thing so that is new for me. although I do like the auto updating through it.
    Why can't we just install the game and play. why activate it anyway?

I know there are those who will get illegal copies of it, but that is going to happen anyway.

I know of some lucky people that got the game working, but i know of more that can't get it working
    Last edited by cymru78; 14-11-2008 at 14:16.

Banned

Mods -

I havent installed it yet im still at work but I put the key in that checker link and after entering it, it just displayed the key. It didnt say though key could not be found. Does this mean my key is correct as I am typing it? Please confirm.

Thanks

Lurker

Well, my copy is working now. And it only took 2 and a half hours.

SI, out of curiosity, why wasn't Steam activation enough?

Amateur

Im now getting my trial period has expired and i need to sigames.com to get a new key WTF????

Amateur

Those people getting errors 10 and 702 703, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.
    This is also causing a lot of the "no internet connection" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates
    We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks
    Ben

Amateur

I hate SoftAnchor group on Facebook surely...

What a funny balls-up this turned out to be! Ha!

Amateur

Red face Re: Authentication and update

I really need some help here.

I hope to paste the error messages here, and please give me a solution.

My keycode can't be activated with Stream

And, using the other method (phone + internet), it shows my internet connection is down (???) and the trial period is over. what is going on???

Could you advise me how to send my file over to the expert?

thanks

Semi Pro

SI couldnt give a ****.[/QUOTE]

TBH I have been v critical of SI this morning & quite rightly so in my opinion, however this is unfair they do care Im sure - but they must start listening to the customers (as they have regarding the game and its features) and not the corporate suits who always know best whilst actually knowing fxxk all.

And now it has been suggested that pirate copies are available - while many buyers cannot play with the endorsed products!, after several hours...can SI not see where this see going to end?

Amateur

Hi,

Those that haven't found the forums will find it more difficult it's true. We are updating the webpages as well and hoping to get a message out through retail as well. However, we hope to have a solution to the Uniloc code readability issue which is causing the vast majority of issues one way or another

Thanks
    Ben
    The vast majority of the problems on here seem to be down to the softanchor online registration saying we are offline rather than the code.

When is this going ot be fixed?

Amateur

Please hold off trying to activate while the uniloc server updates. At the moment, as most of you unfortunately know, it's unlikely to work. Holding off will help the speed of the update and reduce the number of fails you are getting

Thanks
    ben

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LoftusRoad View Post
    I have the same issue where softanchor is telling me that I'm not connected to the internet.

Can anyone from SEGA/SI please respond? Even if it's to say we're looking into it?
    They did, They are [B] Updating the server, Be patient [B/]

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TRG103 View Post
    I'm now getting a [-703] error... anybody at SI guide me on what to do with it?
    i had the same for a couple of times, but now its back to the no connection error.

Amateur

Thanks for keeping in touch bcooper. Appreciated. Just out of interest how come you're the only one on here??

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Stanty123 View Post

installed

Got to Soft Anchor - Says im offline, even though STEAM is online and im on the forums posting this!

I did all that was suggested, sync'd my clock, restarted, updated windows, restarted, ran the installer with admin rights, deleted the certificate, still nothing! Still say's im offline.

What else is there i can do? would be nice for SI to confirm the actual reason at least why this is happening, and let us know whats being done about it!

Exactly what he said.

Amateur

Any news about the mac patch?

Banned

Hi there I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I was testing my key in the checker and it displayed the key I wrote but with some 1's I typed replaced with i's and same for 0's and o's. Does this mean theone that is then displayed is the right key?

Thanks

Amateur

This is really a shame. I ordered a boxed copy, got it today and got home from work early to play the game.

No it says i don't have an internet connection and now SI is telling they are updating things and that's causing the trouble? You got to be joking! After all, it IS expected that a lot of us are trying to get our game authenticated.

Go update in your own time, not when the majority is going through all this trouble because SI wants us to

Amateur

Those people getting errors 10 and 702 703, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.
    This is also causing a lot of the "no internet connection" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates
    We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks
    Ben
    Sorry, Ben, but the phone authentication hasn't been working since early this morning, therefore I don't think it's related.

Nobody has responded to the problems raised regarding the phone authentication.

Semi Pro

Well, Spore proved DRM doesn't do anything to pirating software, and I'm sure FM09 will be quickly behind it. For the most part, I think everything was smooth Sega/SI's end until they put their faith in a 3rd party (SoftAnchor) for the finalization. I'm sure there's people at SEGA who are screaming down the phone at SoftAnchor people for the mess they've created.

Of course, of all this could have been avoided by not having DRM in the first place. Nevermind. Think I'll go and play FIFA on the 360, or maybe go...outside?!

Amateur

So it is not we are not connected to internet, but the fact is "the softanchor server is not connected" !! Am I Right ?

Amateur

installed

Exact same here. This has all turned into a nightmare, i've never had any problems before in all the years i've been playing these games.

Amateur

Red face Re: Authentication and update

Why do you have to make the installation process so tough?

It is getting too frustrated with the process.

I happily bought the game FM2009, and rushed home to do the installation. And, I am still sitting in front of my laptop after 3 hours. Goosh ...

Please spare us this agony...

Amateur

Steam sending you to softanchor is the funniest bit of all. Sheer incompetence.

Amateur

I installed the game fine a few hours ago but everytime i went to start it it came up with an error report!!
    I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions??

Amateur

thanks bcooper.

Amateur

i bought it at 12, i played it, shut it down for an hour then its asking me for a key! ive been trying for 2 whole hours, i just wanna play

i have literally tried everything that has beensaid on here

Amateur

Those wondering how to get the telephone number up - disconnect form the internet, re-install using the uniloc system and you'll have a "Phone Activation" option underneath the "Online Activation" option.

Don't get your hopes up though. I've phoned them 14 times now - 7 times it said "our servers are busy" and hung up, 4 times it said "this number has not been recognized" and the other three times I got through, put in hte activation code and then they hung up on me without giving mt the response key to activate the game!

How do I get my money back for my phonecalls, SI?

Amateur

Those wondering how to get the telephone number up - disconnect form the internet, re-install using the uniloc system and you'll have a "Phone Activation" option underneath the "Online Activation" option.

Don't get your hopes up though. I've phoned them 14 times now - 7 times it said "our servers are busy" and hung up, 4 times it said "this number has not been recognized" and the other three times I got through, put in hte activation code and then they hung up on me without giving mt the response key to activate the game!

How do I get my money back for my phonecalls, SI?

Amateur

I can't even see the database - did you install with sTEAM?
    No, Installed boxed version, chose not to use steam to authenticate, just went to start - programs - SI - FM 2009 data editor.

Amateur

And now, I DO think that the server of Sigames having problems too........It takes a minutes to load one page, and got disconnected when I re-login after reboot the computer. Its a SHAME !!!!

Amateur

This has official got to the worlds worst game release in the history of gaming.

Even worse when ur addicted to the bloody game.

Banned

wait where i can get code ..to launch game?/??
    pls say me..

Amateur

What a an absolute farce! Seemingly there are stacks of us being told by Soft Anchor that we don't have Internet connections (incidentally, are you also being told by Soft Anchor that your trial period has expired on the screen where you are prompted to enter your key no?). If they ever do actually acknowledge that we have one, I am sure I am not the only one who then faces an anxious wait to see if the frantically issued patch has worked and the game will be able to load in 2D format like SI games promised it would for those of us with "inferior" graphics cards.

Amateur

Exclamation Re: Authentication and update

No choice. If i can't get the game installed by mid-nite, before i go to bed, i will just walk back to the shop and throw the FM 2009 box at the salesman - i want a refund.

wondering what are the testing team been doing??? i am sure this game and its demo had gone through various necessary tests. why release this defect ????

sometimes, it don't pay to be too smart. getting the installation so complicated, u really need a hell lot of time to complete the process.

SI priced FM 2009 rather highly, we as consumers absorb it, however don't let us absorb your mistake and pass on your agony to us.

get thing sort out soon.

Amateur

installed

Im in the same boat as this guy, Softanchor says im offline, tried to activate by phone, and the line cuts off.

Complete shambles SI

Amateur

Please hold off trying to activate while the uniloc server updates. At the moment, as most of you unfortunately know, it's unlikely to work. Holding off will help the speed of the update and reduce the number of fails you are getting

Thanks
    ben

Ben,

Can you confirm if the SoftAnchor problems are linked to the uniloc servers or is it a separate issue?

Thanks

Amateur

Thanks
    Ben
    and roughly Translated means .. "we are going to let you go out and spend money on the game, your just not allowed to play it yet "

got the release date down guys, so when do you estimate is the play date ?

wasted half my day off doing everything you have said, so dont bother with the "please post your specific problems" reply

Amateur

So, SI, When do you expect that the Soft Anchor server is u again?

You CANNOT let us down without giving a decent answer. We all bought the game at launch, even after the demo issues.

Part-Timer

It is linked.

Amateur

Has there been a time frame released for the problem to be fixed as it is now 12:30 am in Australia.

Amateur

just got activated on steam finnnallllyyy

w00t w00t

Amateur

Please help!!!!

When I try to launch the game I get the message - Cannot run game: Failed to setup graphics system.

Have been trying to install this for hours now.....

Amateur

installed

Im in the same boat as this guy, Softanchor says im offline, tried to activate by phone, and the line cuts off.

Complete shambles SI

Amateur

SoftAnchor server just came online for me.

Lurker

This is actually the best security protection I've ever seen in a game. Those who bought it, can't play it.

Amateur

I hope someone at SoftAnchor/Sega will get fired for this mess.

Amateur

can someone tell me what this is please
    " the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"
    and what do i have to do?

i origanally downloaded the game from steam and havent been able to get that version working since midnight!
    so i went and bought a box copy and guess what that doesnt work either!!!

Amateur

SoftAnchor
    "Get the most out of every copy of your software."

So far speaking from experience. The most SoftAnchor got out of me is most frustration, most disappointment.

I have never have so much problem getting a software to work out of the box. Not like this. Not even Microsoft Windows XP which have an elaborated registration process.

Amateur

This is actually the best security protection I've ever seen in a game. Those who bought it, can't play it.
    however it has already been hacked and that version works. This whole security system worked for 5 min. Brilliant.

Amateur

The Activation Game is listed under the new features! Don't you people read the manual?!

Seriously, this is poor. They should have got another server up and requests redirected to it within an hour at the most. Ironically, I remember someone from SI telling ME about the importance of testing servers under load to ensure they can cope with demand at product release( in regard to FM LIVE)...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by T4RG4 View Post
    SoftAnchor server just came online for me.
    i still get the same internet connection message

Amateur

Is there an ETA for the server fix?

I love the installation guide in the manual:

Installing Football Manager™ 2009
    This should read "Insert the Football Manager™ 2009 disc into your DVD drive and wait for the autoplay program to begin. From here, follow the simple on-screen steps to install the game

Apart from the point it's blatently a lie, it is quite funny that they've made a mistake in the printing of the manual by leaving the This should read " there. Clearly whoever wrote it wasn't too sure on the installation instructions either.

Amateur

Ok so I have walked into a retail outlet & purchased a game for £30 of my hard earned cash, I checked the minimum specifications on the box and read the blurb, NOWHERE did it say an Internet Connection is required for play, NOWHERE, furthermore this "phone activation" people keep talking about, I cannot see a mention of it in the manual, whoever has found it I would like to know how, not that it matters as from reports on here is goes to a battery replacement company in another country, an international call!

If the later is correct, and I cant say as I cant find the number then this is the massive, elementary mistake! Either way I think trading standard would be very interested to hear about a product you require internet connection to use which doesn't notify you on the box, ok so you can phone a mysterious phone number IF you know it exists, but don't expect the software to tell you this.

Furthermore you update the activation "SERVER" (Not even Servers, but server!) and this pulls the phone activation down too, just how stupid are you guys? Surely one of these is the fallback method, they should be seperate, if one needs updating the other should be working until this is complete!

So to sum up I have brought (sorry, been miss-sold) some computer software at an over inflated price to get home to find out I HAVE TO HAVE INTERNET to play one way or another, because lets face it even if you do want to use the phone to activate you seemingly have to find out the number you need to phone off the internet as it is not in the packaging, so you phone up the activation number which unless you are lucky is an international call to find out it cuts you off half-way through the process, so you re-try & re-try, eventually you give up & go down to the library to pay to use an internet connection to find out what the hell is going on!

You are by now a further £5 down at least (and this is not including your travel money to library or net cafe), you still cant play the game have no constructive answers from the support team.

So for the sack of argument lets consider a couple of scenario's.

1. A University student purchases this game tonight on the way home, gets back to learn he requires an internet connection to activate, having been unable to find the activation number he goes down to Uni to use a computer and locates the number required, at which point he phones it using his PAYG Phone, failing a number of times he is now out of credit, only he can't buy more as he just spent his money of a game. What does this Gentleman do SI?

2. Times being tight (credit crunch n all) a customer gets his last £35 notes out of his pocket to pay £5 to get to town & £30 to purchase a game gets there and realises both Call of Duty 5 and FM09 came out and he wants them both, realising he cant get both goes for the one which is most likely to be money well spent and a place to waste some hours away, only he now experiences the same troubles! What is this person supposed to do SI?

A. DO NOT TRY TO ACTIVATE, and I quote...

"bcooper (14-11-2008, 14:17) #936

Thanks
    ben"

So this is now our problem and we are expected not to try to activate but to wait until we have notification that it is working, I guess you will notify us using the Forum again SI, great if you have Internet, or maybe for those who don't you would like us to visit www.SIGAMES.com using the Internet connection we just established doesn't exist!

This is the advise we get from the software YOU SOLD US SI!

Where is my refund or a copy of Call of Duty 5, I TOOK A DAY OF WORK FOR A REASON, and I tell you something for nothing it was not to sit hear spanking the monkey!

Amateur

I'm in, finally got authenticated through SoftAnchor!

-Barry

Amateur

Great i get home from work, copy in hand from sainsburys and i can't even play it. So mad. I guess you have your answer Si/Sega, your experiment failed, the system behind the activation process is clearly not good enough. Way to show those supermarkets braking release date. You never know they may not stock it in future!

Amateur
    Cruising the streets looking for illegal Whale bone. XBL GT: MadGayzer

I just got activated then I shut fm down and now i go to start it back up it's asking me for my key and I put it in and it says that it's already in use because I have already activated it.

Amateur

Any update as to when we may be able to register? This is a disaster for SI. I seem only to have read negative press about copy protection on new games, and it seems that this will be added to the DRM farces. Someone somewhere should realise that the current systems do not work and until something comes along that is reliable and effective, don't bother.

A loyal CM/FM fan from the first game on the Amiga, I feel angry and let down by SI/Sega for this. I paid £30 (more than ever before for the this game) and cannot get it to play. I was unsure about buying this straight away after the patch nightmare of last year, but this is disgracefull.

SI have a lot of very angry customers. Disgrace.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gayzer View Post
    I just got activated then I shut fm down and now i go to start it back up it's asking me for my key and I put it in and it says that it's already in use because I have already activated it.
    Same here. More than slightly annoying too...

Hi Guys,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you and thankyou for your patience.

I can appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating and please be rest assured we are doing everything we can to fix the problems and get you guys into FM09 as soon as possible.

Those of you who are getting the 'not connected to the internet' issue, please do not worry it is not a problem with the software or the disc. In order to fix the problems and our servers we have taken them down for a brief period of time to perform maintenance, we expect them to be back up shortly and I will post here as soon as I hear internally.

If you have a seperate problem please can you post the problem and how you have tried to fix it and I will look into it for you.

Again please accept our apologies for these issues and thank you for your patience.

sarah

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rikkusarah View Post
    Hi Guys,

I can appreciate that this is incredibly frustrating and please be rest assured we are doing everything we can to fix the problems and get you guys into FM09 as soon as possible.

Those of you who are getting the 'not connected to the internet' issue, please do not worry it is not a problem with the software or the disc. In order to fix the problems and our servers we have taken them down for a brief period of time to perform maintenance, we expect them to be back up shortly and I will post here as soon as I hear internally.

If you have a seperate problem please can you post the problem and how you have tried to fix it and I will look into it for you.

Again please accept our apologies for these issues and thank you for your patience.

sarah
    Thank you Sarah for the update, I think communication is what most of us want.

With this in mind, do you have an estimate of "shortly", by this i mean are we looking at 20mins, 1 hour, 4 hours etc. this would just help us and stop the constant refreshing of the thread http://community.sigames.com/images/...s/rolleyes.gif

Amateur

can someone tell me what this is please
    " the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"
    and what do i have to do?

i origanally downloaded the game from steam and havent been able to get that version working since midnight!
    so i went and bought a box copy and guess what that doesnt work either!!!

Amateur
    Cruising the streets looking for illegal Whale bone. XBL GT: MadGayzer

This is my problem.

Amateur

sorry, but i have to throw in my two cents...

tried to install with the uniloc thing, same problem, blah blah blah.

then, uninstalled, and tried to reinstall. no autorun.....

rebooted, no autorun.

went back to hmv, changed it for a new copy..........

still won't autorun.

anyone else suffered falling at even before first hurdle?

any ideas what do do now admin?

Part-Timer

So does it mean that SI lied that you only need to activate once and no internet connection will be needed agaim and you won't be bothered with unlioc again?

Amateur

can anyone solved the problem of 'The application was unable to connect to internet' ????????????

pls help.................

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rikkusarah View Post
    Hi Guys,

sarah
    Default http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/
    I have tried typing in SEVERAL variations of my license key on http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and it keeps giving me a "Unable to find your key" message.

I want to play my game. Someone PLEASE help me out.

Amateur

I've since tried rebooting computer, and uninstalling it countless times but it does the same thing! I cant take down firewall as im on the uni network, any other solutions???
    ANYONE!?

Amateur

****in sittin here like a stupid **** since 11. Hurry the **** up

Amateur

Has there ever been a worse game launch than this?

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by valheru
    can anyone solved the problem of 'The application was unable to connect to internet' ????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkusarah
    Please be patient. SEGA will update you when the situation has changed.

Again Apologies for this. We realise how frustrating it is and we want your games to work as much as you want them to work.

Cheers.

Amateur

Same problem here

Amateur
    Brussels ( Belgium ) Stamford Bridge - Constant Vandenstock Stadium

Been nealy 2h30 I try to authenticate my key by steam still have " Server unavailable "

Amateur

pls help.................

Hi,

Valheru and vanq69: This is because the servers are currently down whilst we fix the uniloc problems, as soon as I hear more I will update. To be honest I havent heard any internal time frames but I am keeping my ear to the ground Trust me I would love to give you a time frame, all I can say is we are working incredibly hard to make it asap
    Error 703:We are aware of this problem and are looking into it, please dont forget to check this previously posted sticky for code problems: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast