Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 301 to 400 of 1684

Thread: Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

  1. #301
    Lurker
    Join Date
    4th November 2008
    Posts
    1

    Angry Re: Authentication and update

    Just had to register my disgust. This bloody activation code will be the death of me (or my girlfriend if she keeps looking at me that way)

    If I had wanted to play Sudoko I'd of bought a book not a computer game. I am well peed off with trying different combinations of 0 and O with I and 1 thrown in for good luck and thinking why the hell should I be doing this.

    I think Si better have a rethink right now as to activation of this bloody thing because my copy is going to have to be returned never to be replaced.

  2. #302
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    any news on the patch fixing the Editor? Mac and PC

  3. #303
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th June 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Clearly, the situation is a mess.

    If the download off Steam isn't available until midnight, activations shouldn't have begun before midnight. Because it results in those who have bought the game from elsewhere being able to activate it while those actually using Steam are unable to download it until midnight. Then you've got SI themselves releasing the patch ahead of the very release date they keep mentioning, which is easily construed as them acknowledging the game has been 'released' and that people are in a position to play it, and so want the patch. Then you've got Mac users, like myself, who have the game and don't have to activate it or anything, but may as well not bother starting a new game because we need the patch to resolve two big bugs. Yet the Mac patch isn't yet available because, it seems, the Mac QA at Sega and/or SI is (to quote Alan Hansen) very, very poor.

    Everything should've gone live at midnight. Release both patches then. Start activations then. That way, no one feels 'left out' because someone else is able to play the full game with the first patch. Oh, and apparently use an activation code that doesn't include both 0/O and 1/I..

  4. #304
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,218

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Whats wrong with the editor? Never seen any posts about this.

  5. #305
    Reserves
    Join Date
    31st August 2007
    Location
    not Elland road
    Posts
    10,859

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    let off some steam!!!!!!

    nice pun

  6. #306
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    0/O, 1/I, oh **** it, I can't be arsed with this tonight.

  7. #307
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th July 2008
    Location
    Linlithgow, West Lothian
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Right, toys back in pram.
    Files on PC, on other drive, no icon but just did a shortcut to one, and Steam has patched it up to 9.1 already.
    So it seems it is good to go........

  8. #308
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    584

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by dbfinch View Post
    Clearly, the situation is a mess.

    If the download off Steam isn't available until midnight, activations shouldn't have begun before midnight. Because it results in those who have bought the game from elsewhere being able to activate it while those actually using Steam are unable to download it until midnight. Then you've got SI themselves releasing the patch ahead of the very release date they keep mentioning, which is easily construed as them acknowledging the game has been 'released' and that people are in a position to play it, and so want the patch. Then you've got Mac users, like myself, who have the game and don't have to activate it or anything, but may as well not bother starting a new game because we need the patch to resolve two big bugs. Yet the Mac patch isn't yet available because, it seems, the Mac QA at Sega and/or SI is (to quote Alan Hansen) very, very poor.

    Everything should've gone live at midnight. Release both patches then. Start activations then. That way, no one feels 'left out' because someone else is able to play the full game with the first patch. Oh, and apparently use an activation code that doesn't include both 0/O and 1/I..
    When you pout it that way, you've got to laugh really. Especially because people are having to play suduko with their 1,I,O,0 keycodes to try and get the game to work in the first place.

    I can see Miles now, head in hands, wondering what he did to deserve all of this.

  9. #309
    Reserves
    Join Date
    31st August 2007
    Location
    not Elland road
    Posts
    10,859

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by toli8 View Post
    Hi Guys Need Help !!
    I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

    The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

    Does anyone know why its giving me this error???
    been trying for over 3hours to get some direction


    did you install the game with the demo still installed?


    some problems i've solved in the past with FM are chkdsk and then reinstall

    chkdsk can take a while though but it does sort your hard drive bad sectors out

    hope this helps

  10. #310
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    Whats wrong with the editor? Never seen any posts about this.
    Wont load up on the Mac at all

    and it has an .exe error message on my Vista PC, telling me to reinstall - which I did, same problem

  11. #311
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th April 2003
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    HELP WITH KEY CODE STUPID 0 AND o i and 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #312
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by toli8 View Post
    Hi Guys Need Help !!
    I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

    The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

    Does anyone know why its giving me this error???
    been trying for over 3hours to get some direction
    I come across a similar error in my job, it might be related to mircosoft .net framework 2.0 or sp 1 In add or remove programs there is a repair option for 2.0 or a change for 2.0sp1 (which repairs!)

    This mite resolve your issue, Im still waiting for my link from sega....

  13. #313
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by englandmanager View Post
    did you install the game with the demo still installed?


    some problems i've solved in the past with FM are chkdsk and then reinstall

    chkdsk can take a while though but it does sort your hard drive bad sectors out

    hope this helps
    uninstall demo & reinstall full game apparently solves this problem usually.

  14. #314
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by VudoBadger View Post
    Wont load up on the Mac at all

    and it has an .exe error message on my Vista PC, telling me to reinstall - which I did, same problem
    what does the error message look like? Some of them can just be ignored...

  15. #315
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th June 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by schuey100 View Post
    When you pout it that way, you've got to laugh really. Especially because people are having to play suduko with their 1,I,O,0 keycodes to try and get the game to work in the first place.
    I was always quite handy at suduko so I'd probably have been alright!

    I suppose the whole thing has to be looked upon as a learning experience, it's just a shame that we've had to be such public guinea pigs.

  16. #316
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    24th November 2005
    Location
    1 year, 2 trophies. 3 more in 4 years - what dya reckon?
    Posts
    3,777

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by schuey100 View Post
    When you pout it that way, you've got to laugh really. Especially because people are having to play suduko with their 1,I,O,0 keycodes to try and get the game to work in the first place.

    I can see Miles now, head in hands, wondering what he did to deserve all of this.
    All as we feared. Eidos must be laughing their 2nd rate asses off! They wont be laughing for long though.

  17. #317
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by stevemacat View Post
    HELP WITH KEY CODE STUPID 0 AND o i and 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bitch ain't it.

  18. #318
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th February 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I tried to activate via steam and it would not accept my code and the game was delivered today and my code on the back of the book has NO 0 or o in it yet it still said invalid code somethings not right with steam. However the other way worked fine, but surely SI you may need to look at this for future releases if you are going to stick with steam! I am in NZ btw and I tried to activate about 10mins ago via steam so its not cause its not yet midnight in uk.

  19. #319
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    FINALLY!

    SI, what the **** is that 0 and O all about. They are actually identical, I kept trying different methods and eventually it worked.

    But jesus christ. What a shambles this has been since the demo release.

  20. #320
    Amateur
    Join Date
    26th August 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    What is the error [-1003] for?

    Got 3 o in my key,does it mean it could be either zero or o?I tried both,all 3 o or all 3 zeros but still the same message.Is it possible that although they are identical one could be o and the others zero?So I have to try all possible options?
    Or is the activation thing not live yet?

  21. #321
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    i never installed the demo.
    Not sure what chkdsk means sorry buddy
    any other ideas to get this started??? i took work off today just to have a good start to te season

  22. #322
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2000
    Posts
    78

    Default

    How many Patches are there I have just downloaded 9.1 (rapidshare) installed it game says 9.1 and all is good but when I click check for updates in the game it goes online and says there is a Minor update available.... is this just because we are a bit early and not everythings caught up with itself or is there a minor update out there?

    Thanks guys

  23. #323
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd September 2007
    Location
    Jiangsu, China
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Pretty cool!

  24. #324
    Amateur
    Join Date
    17th October 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcosG View Post
    What is the error [-1003] for?

    Got 3 o in my key,does it mean it could be either zero or o?I tried both,all 3 o or all 3 zeros but still the same message.Is it possible that although they are identical one could be o and the others zero?So I have to try all possible options?
    Or is the activation thing not live yet?
    They are live.

    And yes, it could be a 0 or a O.

    I tried about 10 methods, and it finally worked. Ridiculous.

  25. #325
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th June 2007
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcosG View Post
    What is the error [-1003] for?

    Got 3 o in my key,does it mean it could be either zero or o?I tried both,all 3 o or all 3 zeros but still the same message.Is it possible that although they are identical one could be o and the others zero?So I have to try all possible options?
    Or is the activation thing not live yet?
    From what I've read, the 'o' can be either an zero or the letter o, so you'll need to try mixing them up. Activation is live, as far as I know.

  26. #326
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th May 2003
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    This is going to be chaotic tomorrow once the game is actually released!

    I just hope I get a good code.

  27. #327
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Can I download the game from steam and download the patch from rapidshare, will that work??

  28. #328
    Amateur
    Join Date
    30th September 2007
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    well for what i see with the code, the QA team, need a good kick up the A** for this, they are surpose to be quality assurance team, the code print aint, who's first in the QA to get a kicken, an im getting my game tomorrow from game, an im dreading this all ready to get the code in right, i can see it being a long night of frustration lol.

  29. #329
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by toli8 View Post
    i never installed the demo.
    Not sure what chkdsk means sorry buddy
    any other ideas to get this started??? i took work off today just to have a good start to te season
    try uninstalling and reinstalling, see if that helps.

  30. #330
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Everyone in Australia was told this would be working from 6AM onwards. I delayed going to work so I could have a bit of a look at it, but this has ended up being a waste of time.

    I demand an apology to all Aus/NZ users. If this is not working by midnight UK Time in Australia, I (and at least 3 other people I know locally) will be returning the game to the shop promptly.

    I am definitely not joking about this. I probably only buy 1 or 2 games a year and FM is always one of them, but never again. This is a joke.

  31. #331
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    Whats wrong with the editor? Never seen any posts about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    what does the error message look like? Some of them can just be ignored...
    Says a problem with the .exe, reinstall.. I do, still doesnt work

    no ignoring it im afriad

  32. #332
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I dont think its anything to do with QA!

    Its a really really crap print job!!

  33. #333
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th October 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    patch was blocked because it doesnt have a valid digital signature? Any ideas?

  34. #334
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Where can we get help if that f****** activation code has 5 O/0 an 3 I/1 ??? Have tried the last 3 hours and i am getting real angry! I am so close to throw the DVD/cover in the garbage! The person who choosed the font on this code should have been killed! Need help!!! Is it possible to mail someone or call someone in SI to get help?

  35. #335
    Reserves
    Join Date
    27th April 2001
    Location
    Namen, België
    Posts
    14,644

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    What operating system are you running?

    Bugger. Was responding about the error

    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)

  36. #336
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Can I download the game from steam and download the patch from rapidshare, will that work??

  37. #337
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    This is a mess... this is like war and we, the humble users, are dying in the trenches.

    I'd have rather they let people pirate, I was still happy to buy the game, as this is pretty much the only game I play. I got my friend into playing this game (it's not so big in Aus, but when I showed him how it worked, he got hooked) and now I'm embarrassed with the hassle he's had to go through to get the game working... AND IT'S STILL NOT EVEN WORKING HERE.

    WE WERE PROMISED 6AM, DID THEY NOT PAY SOMEONE ENOUGH TO TURN THE SERVER ON?

  38. #338
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th April 2003
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    this code problem doin my head in iv been here tryin combination after combination with no result AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

  39. #339
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2007
    Location
    recluse, safehouse, east eight
    Posts
    2,103

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunsweeney3 View Post
    well for what i see with the code, the QA team, need a good kick up the A** for this, they are surpose to be quality assurance team, the code print aint, who's first in the QA to get a kicken, an im getting my game tomorrow from game, an im dreading this all ready to get the code in right, i can see it being a long night of frustration lol.
    I'm not entirely sure what the QA have to do with the printing on a manual - presumably this would be the responsibility of a printer...

  40. #340
    Amateur
    Join Date
    5th June 2008
    Location
    Howden, East Yorkshire
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by fmat View Post
    Can I download the game from steam and download the patch from rapidshare, will that work??
    I doubt it - If you downloaded the game from steam, steam will automatically download and install the patch for you, hence you wouldn't need to download from rapidshare.

  41. #341
    Amateur
    Join Date
    23rd November 2000
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    If it's any help I had lots of I's and O's

    It turns out they were all O's not 0 (zeros)

    and all I's not ones.......

    But I know its different for everyone but that did the trick for me

  42. #342
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th February 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriakoz View Post
    This is a mess... this is like war and we, the humble users, are dying in the trenches.

    I'd have rather they let people pirate, I was still happy to buy the game, as this is pretty much the only game I play. I got my friend into playing this game (it's not so big in Aus, but when I showed him how it worked, he got hooked) and now I'm embarrassed with the hassle he's had to go through to get the game working... AND IT'S STILL NOT EVEN WORKING HERE.

    WE WERE PROMISED 6AM, DID THEY NOT PAY SOMEONE ENOUGH TO TURN THE SERVER ON?
    Sorry to hear mate. we here in NZ have no issues BUT DONT use steam use the other way to activate if you bought game from shop as steam would not accpet my code either and MY CODE HAD NO O OR 0 IN IT.

  43. #343
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriakoz View Post
    Everyone in Australia was told this would be working from 6AM onwards. I delayed going to work so I could have a bit of a look at it, but this has ended up being a waste of time.

    I demand an apology to all Aus/NZ users. If this is not working by midnight UK Time in Australia, I (and at least 3 other people I know locally) will be returning the game to the shop promptly.

    I am definitely not joking about this. I probably only buy 1 or 2 games a year and FM is always one of them, but never again. This is a joke.
    Hi,

    The activation and sales from STEAM should be active. Earlier in the evening it was active for activating boxed product, but not digital downloads. Now you should be able to complete your STEAM purchase and activate.

  44. #344
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkera View Post
    Sorry to hear mate. we here in NZ have no issues BUT DONT use steam use the other way to activate if you bought game from shop as steam would not accpet my code either and MY CODE HAD NO O OR 0 IN IT.
    Ok, thanks for your assistance, Parkera.

    Btw, I'm sorry we claim Crowded House as our own, even though they are clearly Kiwi's.

  45. #345
    Amateur
    Join Date
    8th April 2003
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Can s1 from Si or sega please advise the poor pep like myself what to do with the prob of having too many 0 OR O ?????????????????????????

  46. #346
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th August 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Can some1 PLZ tell me where is the installation folder of FM09 when u get it from steam? it is not on drive :C i checked...

    Please if anyone knows let us know cause im sure more ppl will have the same query


    Thanks in advance

    Edit : Sorry i found it.... although the Data editor doesnt work, it comes up with an error... if some1 knows anything about it please let me know
    Last edited by TheoK; 13-11-2008 at 22:48.

  47. #347
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    How do I find my code? I ordered off STEAM but I need to enter a code..where do I get the code from?

  48. #348
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Anyone having issues with the 1 I 0 O code entry should read this post

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

    Thanks
    Ben

  49. #349
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2007
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    How do I find my code? I ordered off STEAM but I need to enter a code..where do I get the code from?
    Scrap that its working now.

  50. #350
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th October 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Bcooper any help on the patch? wont accept the file once I have downloaded it as it doesnt have a digital signature?

  51. #351
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    This will translate your key and you can then install!!!!

    Big up to Murray and his colleagues at Sega for getting this sorted!!

    FINALLY I CAN PLAY!

    Once I find my shortcut!

  52. #352
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I'll be leaving my laptop on tonight seeding the torrent (which downloaded for me at a fast rate anyway) for any Boxed-version players wanting to be prepared for tomorrow

  53. #353
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by NickBlues View Post
    Bcooper any help on the patch? wont accept the file once I have downloaded it as it doesnt have a digital signature?
    Sorry NickBlues, I wish I could help but I don't know what's causing that. Can anyone out there help?

  54. #354
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    still no luck re: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

  55. #355
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Just had to register my disgust. This bloody activation code will be the death of me (or my girlfriend if she keeps looking at me that way)

    If I had wanted to play Sudoko I'd of bought a book not a computer game. I am well peed off with trying different combinations of 0 and O with I and 1 thrown in for good luck and thinking why the hell should I be doing this.

    I think Si better have a rethink right now as to activation of this bloody thing because my copy is going to have to be returned never to be replaced.
    If you are still online, have a look at this thread. We've set up a sight to put your code into and it should tell you what should be an 0 and O etc

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

  56. #356
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st August 2007
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    1,697

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Anyone with news on the editor?

  57. #357
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by HuwFlet View Post
    http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

    This will translate your key and you can then install!!!!

    Big up to Murray and his colleagues at Sega for getting this sorted!!

    FINALLY I CAN PLAY!

    Once I find my shortcut!
    Thanks Huw for being the 'human' guineau pig on our proposed fix

    Anybody else still struggling, please use the URL above, or the instructions here:

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

    Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor quality printing.

  58. #358
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th October 2002
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    This steam system, mine would not activate on steam, but no problem with uniloc?A joke

  59. #359
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    "We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com"

    This is the crap I got. I'm posting on here with INTERNET CONNECTION... thank you.

    It's not the License Key, as I've entered every possible combination.

  60. #360
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
    Sorry NickBlues, I wish I could help but I don't know what's causing that. Can anyone out there help?
    NickBlues - you have PM

  61. #361
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th April 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Why exactly do companies use letters and numbers rather than just letters? It's make it all far easier.

    Lets assume a VERY short code. Just 12 letters long. We still have over 95,000,000,000,000,000 combinations. Lets assume 95 million copies of FM are produced. Yes, it's the best selling game ever, by a long long margin.

    We still have 1 real combination in every MILLION combinations. Unless i've done my sums wrong here, that means that a selection of 12 letters would work perfectly, with a million to one chance of randomly getting it right. Add a 13th letter and you up that to 1 in 26million, even with 95million "real" codes. At 14, you have a one in 676million chance of getting a real code... Yes, with 95 million real codes in existence.

    Do the extra 10 combinations make such a huge difference? With 12 letters, it has 50 times as many combinations. Make it 12 of a-z or 0-9 vs 13 just a-z and the alphanumeric is only twice as many codes. At 14 sets of digits (a-z) vs 12 sets of digits (a-z + 0-9) we suddenly have 13 times more combinations with our set of 14 digits.

    So, would anyone here rather of had to enter two more letters rather than deal with numbers AND letters in the code? And just think, it'd be 13 times more secure at that!

  62. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    6th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim321- View Post
    I'll be leaving my laptop on tonight seeding the torrent (which downloaded for me at a fast rate anyway) for any Boxed-version players wanting to be prepared for tomorrow


    on what tracker are the torrent file with FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009? please send me link !

  63. #363
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by toli8 View Post
    still no luck re: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.
    Toli8 - you have PM

  64. #364
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by bcooper View Post
    Anyone having issues with the 1 I 0 O code entry should read this post

    http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

    Thanks
    Ben
    How can this help me? Since I can' translate 1/i o/0 i cant find my serial in License Key Lookup either!

    Going to burn this manual soon:mad:

  65. #365
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by LanoXenero View Post
    How can this help me? Since I can' translate 1/i o/0 i cant find my serial in License Key Lookup either!

    Going to burn this manual soon:mad:
    Send me a PM and I'll contact you - off thread to assist.

  66. #366
    Amateur
    Join Date
    31st October 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by NickBlues View Post
    Bcooper any help on the patch? wont accept the file once I have downloaded it as it doesnt have a digital signature?
    hi nick blues i have the same problem reaaly want the patch as i dont want all the injury crap that i have been reading on here

  67. #367
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa2007 View Post
    Scrap that its working now.
    damn, where do i get the product key for the steam-downloaded-version? damn, damn.....am i stupid or what? need some help....

  68. #368
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by r0x0r View Post
    Why exactly do companies use letters and numbers rather than just letters? It's make it all far easier.

    Lets assume a VERY short code. Just 12 letters long. We still have over 95,000,000,000,000,000 combinations. Lets assume 95 million copies of FM are produced. Yes, it's the best selling game ever, by a long long margin.

    We still have 1 real combination in every MILLION combinations. Unless i've done my sums wrong here, that means that a selection of 12 letters would work perfectly, with a million to one chance of randomly getting it right. Add a 13th letter and you up that to 1 in 26million, even with 95million "real" codes. At 14, you have a one in 676million chance of getting a real code... Yes, with 95 million real codes in existence.

    Do the extra 10 combinations make such a huge difference? With 12 letters, it has 50 times as many combinations. Make it 12 of a-z or 0-9 vs 13 just a-z and the alphanumeric is only twice as many codes. At 14 sets of digits (a-z) vs 12 sets of digits (a-z + 0-9) we suddenly have 13 times more combinations with our set of 14 digits.

    So, would anyone here rather of had to enter two more letters rather than deal with numbers AND letters in the code? And just think, it'd be 13 times more secure at that!
    Trust me - this will never happen again!

  69. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    12th April 2008
    Location
    Soupland
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Alright! Patch is live noW!

  70. #370
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    12th April 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Trust me - this will never happen again!
    Ha! The power of Maths saves FM10!


    I'm now dreading the arrival of my box at work tomorrow.

    Yes, i was clever enough to send it to work to make sure i didn't just call in sick. :P

  71. #371
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I will try one more time to get this to work now and if it doesn't work, I shall return it. Quick Smart.

  72. #372
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriakoz View Post
    "We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com"

    This is the crap I got. I'm posting on here with INTERNET CONNECTION... thank you.

    It's not the License Key, as I've entered every possible combination.
    It must be the licence key - please visit the licence key help sticky.

  73. #373
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by coszmin View Post
    on what tracker are the torrent file with FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009? please send me link !

    Torrent download - http://torrent.sigames.com:7000/torr...FAB48A95F07341 65615

    Just what was from the start of this thread.

  74. #374
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    That keycodehelp-link didnt help at all since i cant translate the 1/i/T's either i got what I belive is 5 0's and 3 1's and i need help!

  75. #375
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    It must be the licence key - please visit the licence key help sticky.
    Thanks for suggestion, but I tried that. No luck, I'm afraid.

  76. #376
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    584

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    Toli8 - you have PM
    Dude, you re working some serious overtime. I hope you get a nice bottle of something as compensation from whichever monkey decided STEAM and 01oi was a good idea.

    Whoever it was I'm sure will be hiding under their bed at the moment

  77. #377
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!


    This use of 1 i and 0 o is doing my head in!

  78. #378
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th October 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzchap View Post
    NickBlues - you have PM
    thanks, i have replied.young torres is having the same problem

  79. #379
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I try to activate trough uniloc but it says that the program is unable to connect to the internet. How do i register this game?

  80. #380
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Thumbs down Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Krissern View Post
    I try to activate trough uniloc but it says that the program is unable to connect to the internet. How do i register this game?
    Are you in Australia? As I think location may be a factor. I'm having the same EXACT problem. I've been having it for hours and hours.

  81. #381
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th October 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I already used the URL provided to solve the CD key issue, but its still not working!

  82. #382
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    No, i'm from Norway, but some other in Norway seem to the have same problem. Can someone please help me?

  83. #383
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    what is soft anchor anyway? And why do they keep hanging up on me when i ring to activate.

  84. #384
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    If your trying to activate and are being told your not connected to the Internet it may be worth checking your Firewall hasnt blocked the software from acessing the internet!

    If you need help with this PM me and ill try and help! I configure a lot with work so I know most of them!

  85. #385
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Please, can someone help?

  86. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    6th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim321- View Post
    Torrent download - http://torrent.sigames.com:7000/torr...FAB48A95F07341 65615

    Just what was from the start of this thread.


    don`t work link , i want torrent with the full pc game not the patch ! pls!

  87. #387
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Am I the only one who is still having the problem where you try to launch the game in Steam, it says it's preparing to launch it and then it disappears. I was getting the Failed to set up graphics card message, so I downloaded the Direct X update. But now it's just reverting to disappearing. The only aspect of my PC that didn't meet the initial spec was the graphic card- it's a Radeon 9250. Can this still be the problem even with the patch or am I doing something incredibly stupid. My version of the game is the Steam download, so I'm assuming I don't have to authenticate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

  88. #388
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th November 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I have tried the link... yet it still says unable to find product key... anyone else had this?

    Should I type it a certain way hythens??

  89. #389
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd January 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    584

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by coszmin View Post
    don`t work link , i want torrent with the full pc game not the patch ! pls!
    Here you go:

    www.Imareallystupidpirate.com

  90. #390
    Third Team
    Join Date
    31st March 2003
    Location
    Xbox live and PSN tag - Chaddyoafc
    Posts
    8,548

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Well that key code is absolutely pathetic, taken 30mins of trying different combinations to get it to work.

  91. #391

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson View Post
    Mac users - it has not been possible to get the Mac update through our and SEGA's QA department in time for release tonight. We still plan to release this at some point tomorrow (Friday), and will update when we have more information.
    Look forward to the Mac release, bit disappointed we have to wait an extra day, second-class citizens?

    Thanks.

  92. #392
    Amateur
    Join Date
    10th March 2005
    Location
    7th Level of Hell
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Authenticated fine (barring a little kerfuffle over 0_o) then promptly crashed upon creating a game. Patch link wasn't available then but am downloading now in hopes I can blast through a season before 6am (I take my time in pre-season).

  93. #393
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by hargreaves View Post
    That keycodehelp-link didnt help at all since i cant translate the 1/i/T's either i got what I belive is 5 0's and 3 1's and i need help!
    Updated to include 1's

  94. #394
    Amateur Muzchap's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd November 2008
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Well that key code is absolutely pathetic, taken 30mins of trying different combinations to get it to work.
    Please see the support link

  95. #395
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd July 2007
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    Can i get help here please? It says it can't activate cos it's unable to connect to internet. But i have internet ffs.

  96. #396
    Amateur
    Join Date
    11th November 2004
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    btw am i right in thinking us usa residents that pre ordered from steam have got to wait until monday to download the game/get our cd code , if so i am not happy at all, i can understand not being able to buy it in the shops here until a week or so after the uk/europe release , but how comes australia's supposed release date is before the usa's, oh and im not talking about the boxed version, i am talking about the steam version, i payed for mine weeks ago on steam !!!!

    Martin

  97. #397
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Location
    St Helens - XBL Zer0cool96
    Posts
    3,276

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I got home from work at 6, I had my tea, I tried to install FM2009. After nearly throwing my Laptop out the Window Muzchap rescued me with the Activiation code! Then I had to install a new direct x update (at least si predicted this!) and its now 11.40pm and Im about to set a game up!

    I wonder If ill make work or not!

  98. #398
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    I am contacting SoftAnchor people's. If they have a good solution, I shall pass it on.

  99. #399
    Amateur
    Join Date
    9th October 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    muzchap sorry missed your call, at my phone now

  100. #400
    Amateur
    Join Date
    13th November 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Authentication and update

    SoftAnchor say there is a problem with their system. And they will post a solution on the forum.

    This is useless man. I cannot believe it is so hard to do something which should be so easy. SoftAnchor doesn't work for me, Steam doesn't work for me and I live in Australia, so don't even know if i can ring someone to activate.

    I would like the appropriate address (that's right, I'm sending a letter not an email, 1993 style) and a person (that's right, I'm swinging wild now) to whom I can register my disgust.
    Last edited by Kiriakoz; 13-11-2008 at 23:50. Reason: I am a fool

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts