Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 1684

Thread: Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

Default Re: Authentication and update

Quote Originally Posted by Cityull View Post
    how did you do that??
    How did i do that?

try activating your FM and hang around on the forum for Hours, plus listening to defiant songs on full blast

you'll get to do what i did.

http://www.revfad.com/flip.html

Amateur

error 703 again.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Amateur

JumbledSausage:
    Your problem has happened to the lucky few that have got the game working

Part-Timer

The old installation is FAR better than this new style , cant believe the hassle over something that could of been avoided.

Amateur

SI / SEGA

I am not one to complain as i love this game but with close to 1200 complaints today due to the activation i think it only fair you should give your loyal customers some idea of when this will be fixed. I have been on this thread for almost 7 hours constantly refreshing and have read almost every post and yet you still give us no indication of when the activation will be working properly.

The least you can do is have the decency to tell us how long you estimate the game will be unavailable for. at least we can then get on with our lives and come back and try later if we know when later may be.

Please help

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by rikkusarah View Post
    Hi,

I appreciate that it is frustrating when things like this happen but please refrain from profanities and personal attacks in this thread as it does not help the situation.

Unfortuantely there was no way for us to have forseen this problem and rest assured we are working incredibly to get this fixed asap and I will update you as soon as I know.

We want you guys to play the game and can understand how frustrating this can be!The servers are having extensive work done and is currently effecting authentication.

I will post back as soon as I hear, in the mean time please check this thread for possible steps: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thanks

Sarah

It's AFFECTING authentication......moron

GET IT WORKING NOW YOU ********!

Amateur

it's flaming stupid. No matter what method you try, illegal copies are always going to be available.
    I'm still miffed at how those without the net and a phone can play the game!!!

I can see so many copies being returned to stores over the weekend

Amateur

why dont we get an oppdate on the problem?

Amateur

Help me please

Anybody

Please

Amateur

still says for me that it cannot connect to the internet :S :S

please help somebody!!!

Amateur

still says for me that it cannot connect to the internet :S :S

please help somebody!!!

Amateur

Mine is updating via Steam (post activation)

It updates (presumably the patch) very slowly then at about 10% complete (after about an hour) it says update complete.

I then click on Launch and it says Servers are busy.

Then if I try and Launch it again it restarts the update process.

Why???

Amateur

because everyone has gone home for the weekend.

Amateur

This definitely goes down as the worst release that I have ever known. I would love to know what the exact problem is. I work in IT for an international law firm and if it took us this long to get the systems back up and available we would get sacked.
    To have this long to prepare for a game release and for it to go this wrong is nothing short of embarassing.

Amateur

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - I have been trying to get past this f*ccking 'cant connect to internet' bollox and Ive had it. I havent got a scooby where I need to delete a file to play this game...surely that cant be right anyway? People who have just stuck at it (like me) has it eventually worked without deleting this file?

Part-timer

Quick download link for patch and for those looking for a site www.footballmanager2009andbeyond.co.uk
    check it out :-)
    On a similar note the Lespacio link in the first post that has been capped for the last couple of hours should now be easier to get on to and running at full speed - I'm anticipating being able to remove the cap completely in the next hour or so with increased capacity (just waiting on confirmation) Sorry if it caused any problems for anyone, the amount of people downloading caught me a little by surprise, and I didn't want to be added to that infamous list of sites that SI have broken

Lurker

this is a joke. how can it say i'm not online when i am? i've had the othr error a few times but now its just the being offline one. any time frame for when this is gonna get resolved?

Lurker

My mum saved up for 6 month's to buy me this game, she worked 3 hours extra per week cleaning floors in the dark and we haven't exactly got a mansion infact we live in a 1 bedroom flat and i have about 5 hours electricity to spend per day which has all gone on trying to fix this problem. My mum has been in tears and so have I, we are quite upset at SI actions.

Semi Pro

Si/Sega this is a total disgrace, i would of thought after people complaining atleast 7 hrs !! you would of got off your arses and fixed the problem, nearly as bad as ubisoft!! and that is saying something.

Amateur

I never ever complain, I've never been annoyed with SI/Sega before about any of their games, they're great. I know this one is too. But why, oh why, oh why did you not load test the activation before hand? - It appears very much that you did not.

Anyway, good luck getting the servers working - hopefully this'll solve all the activation issues.

Amateur
    Brussels ( Belgium ) Stamford Bridge - Constant Vandenstock Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    why dont we get an oppdate on the problem?
    Because they are so ashamed now of themselves thinking it would beat illegal copies when you see it isn't the case and will never be. The authentication thing is the dumbest solution I've ever seen. I've bought quite a lot of games but NONE of them asked the authetication ******** SI and Sega introduced. Now many can't play the game at all. What's the point buying a game but not able to play it because you can't authenticate the game and also 'cause the losy servers of Steam and the other thing I forgot the name aren't working. It's been 6h00 now I'm trying to authenticate my key and still not working. You think SI and SEGA will give regular updates ? NO ! The only thing they do it's repeating on and on the same phrases/announcements. SCREW the authentication and go back to the basics, SI and SEGA !

Amateur

Cool, I get a new error now error -1007, it's a new one for me i've had -703 and the not connected ones. Seems i'm making progress

Amateur

sod using steam, i would never use them ********

Amateur

The fact you cant even give a timeframe makes SEGA/SI look like a bunch of kids, not very professional at all for two "experienced" companies. I bet Everton FC are really regretting going into partnership with SI now

Think I'll keep hold of my cash for now till this whole shambles is sorted out.

Amateur

ok what is the 703 error problem and how do i get that sorted?

this game is really p*****g me off now. I got this game at 10am and now its 7pm.

This is absolutely disgraceful.

Amateur

Total joke this, chose the steam option, installed fine. Try and launch the game, it takes me to a softanchor thing which refuses to connect to anything, so I can not play the game. I also work for HMV, and we have had so many customers really annoyed today because of this, absolute joke.

Lurker

Tbh this is way beyond a joke now. My friend has lost a days annual leave today for example. All for the sake of pointless security protocal because the makers don't trust anyone enough to actually pay for the bloody thing. A real slap in the face for fans of the series. I just want to play my game dammit

Amateur

message to SI dont bother on solving problems, its cracked allready, apparently someone works faster...

Amateur

looks like the guys have gone home they dont care about it they still get paid i would take it back but i know 1 game took back is not going to make a difference what a shambles this release day has been

Semi Pro

Reason companies don't give time scales is that if they said FIXED BY 8pm! Then 8pm comes along and it isn't fixed, it makes them look worse, and makes us angrier. I do agree that is a bit of a joke though, its coming up to 9 hours of waiting now with nothing to show. We are stuck in a kind of catch22 with the game as well.

Retailers won't let you have a refund as the box has been opened, we had to open the box to try and install the game. We can't install the game as everything Sega's end is broken. So, the software isn't faulty, but we have a faulty product.

Amateur

as soon as i saw the steam thing i new this would become ****

Amateur

Well ive had the internet connection problem since i started to try and get it to work but now its been on initializing for the last 5-10 mins , good or bad news hmmm??

Amateur

I've had enough of this for tonight. I feel so sorry for the guys at SI who've devoted so much time over the past god-knows-how-many months creating this game only to have their moment of glory destroyed by some hopeless third party DRM.

It's a shame that, despite the innovations and fantastic new features introduced this year, the only thing this game will be remembered for is the shambles of activation on release day.

One other point. Would people please stop blaming SI for this.

Aim your vitriol instead at Sega (who I suspect insist on the DRM in the first place) and this SoftAnchor company who I guess would fail to organise a **** up in a brewery.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkava View Post
    My mum saved up for 6 month's to buy me this game, she worked 3 hours extra per week cleaning floors in the dark and we haven't exactly got a mansion infact we live in a 1 bedroom flat and i have about 5 hours electricity to spend per day which has all gone on trying to fix this problem. My mum has been in tears and so have I, we are quite upset at SI actions.
    is this a joke? FM isnt worth saving up £20-30 for 6 months. should have just gone out and bought FM08 which, by the way works.

how can a game go into production with so many faults? yes ok they have fixed most of these it seems with the patch.

but to make a game that no one can play once theyve bought it?! its crazy.

i feel for you zarkava, and im sure you are not alone. there must be people out there who have no idea if the game is broken, if theyre pc is broken or if it will ever play the game. and the people who have taken time off work, or wasted a whole day trying to just play the damn thing (like me)

7.21pm how is it still not workin?! crazy

Amateur

Well, I was optimistic that this protection would beat the pirates, but sadly i am reliably informed that a cracked version is already circulating, so it looks like as in past years those who pirate the game will get to play before me

Amateur

I agree that everyone has gone home.
    No official updates for a long time now when before it was quite frequent. I really can't see this working tonight, and I really do hope that whoever thought of this stupid idea have learnt their lesson.

It's not going to reduce piracy. It pushes people to get pirate copies because it's less effort to get the game working.
    And pirate copies are readily available. yes, I have the original.

Amateur
    Somewhere between expectancy and paranoia

Thanks SI - bloody joke again

Yet more legit customers switching to pirated games - just think about who is to blame

How much money have you wasted on this copy protection that doesn't work? - probably more than the Securom version last year - pathetic!

Amateur

I am really starting to think they have gone home....

Amateur

Thanks SI - bloody joke again

Yet more legit customers switching to pirated games - just think about who is to blame

How much money have you wasted on this copy protection that doesn't work? - probably more than the Securom version last year - pathetic!

Amateur

can you at least let us know you are still here and have not gone down the boozer for the night (like i wish i had).

Reserves

oh well returning my game to gamestation and will be pirating from now on

welldone si

Part-Timer

Can i download the patch now via a mirror and then when i actually get the game activate via steam.
    just so i can download the pacth now and when i get the game tomorrow i dont have to worry about downloading the patch before i start

Amateur

This is pathetic!!!

Amateur

Whats really p!ssing me off is that they can't even bothered to keep us informed with what is happening.

Amateur

Way to go admitting you're going to 'piracy' now, not only will you have a higher chance of getting caught admitting it here but you're more likely to get viruses from it.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by rtgr View Post
    as soon as i saw the steam thing i new this would become ****
    Steam has nothing to do with this.

Amateur

time us people who brought the game to play it, these people who have downloaded it through a torrent have most probably used our product code a 100 times, so we wont have a key after all lol

Amateur

Hi,

after going through the process through steam, when i get onto the "SoftAnchor" screen, at the top of the window it says that my "trial period has EXPIRED"

also, when i put the code in and click next, it says it wont work because it can't connect to the internet, my friend is having this problem too.

By the way SI, i understand the immense pressure you must be under for answers but help on this one really would be appriciated! I desperate!

Thanks guys

Part-Timer

Can i download the patch now via a mirror and then when i actually get the game activate via steam.
    just so i can download the pacth now and when i get the game tomorrow i dont have to worry about downloading the patch before i start

Amateur

Double post.
    Last edited by glenjamin; 14-11-2008 at 20:48.

Amateur

Come on Sega/Si....At the very least keep us informed with what is being fixed and an approximation so people can get on with what's left of the day

Amateur

Is anyone actually managing to get past the soft anchor screen or have they just turned the f##king servers off and gone home.

Amateur

Nearly 11 hours now, lovely

Shainew

Mines working now, go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and enter your key, it'll then give you another key, just enter that into the auth thing and it works

Well did for me anyway

samwray

thats the pathetic bit - i left work at half five with everything crossed they'd have it sorted when i got home... lo and behold the situation seems to be worse and they've put a token effort on the website but not actually been on any forums or anything to tell people any sort of timescales as to when they plan to sort it out... very very disappointed and seriously doubting si more and more by the year

Amateur

I feel bad for those who does not know this forum or any other FM forums so well... They dont have damn clue about what the hell is going on !!11one

Amateur

Hi, which update do I download for if I have bought the game through a shop?????

Which one?

Amateur

I feel bad for those who does not know this forum or any other FM forums so well... They dont have damn clue about what the hell is going on !!11one

Amateur

Hi,

After taking around 2 hours to get the game to authenticate through softanchor i played my game of FM. I then turned it off to come back to later, only to have to authenticate again with soft anchor. When I try to do this it says i need to buy a new code????

this isn't for SI, I don't event expect a solution. I just want to see if anyone has experienced the same problem. A solution would be great but i can't see it.

Oh and good to see si stick around to fix the problems. (not)

thanks

Amateur

I just want to say that I was a volunteer tester for this game and it's still not working for me.
    I won't lie - I was lucky enough to not have to pay for the game, and I really do feel sorry for everyone that has.

I'm that disgusted, I really am on the verge of sending my copy of this game straight back.
    It's an absolute joke.
    Some people can play it, some can't. Updates are happening for some, not for others.

I understand trying to beat the hackers, but it's not going to happen.

You can't really call today a release date as nothing has actually been released.

Part-Timer

Its bad enough not being able to play the game , but having SI not updating us on what is happening makes it worse.

Amateur

This is pathetic!!!

Amateur

It's out on torrents as I write this and it has been confirmed that it works. Piracy won

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cymru78 View Post
    It pushes people to get pirate copies because it's less effort to get the game working.
    And pirate copies are readily available. yes, I have the original.
    Except none of them work yet

Amateur

this is actualy really funny.

the amount of people who are mad, everyone pointing the finger at SI, SEGA, STEAM, SOFT ANCHOR.

people saying they are going to sue , a illegal copy is ALREADY out there so i assume people are playing on it for free using our codes? , we all waiting on here on a friday night after taking time off jobs or away from social lifes ( i took day off work and told people not to make contact with me for at least two weeks)

and the funniest thing ever is that more than likely that at 8pm on a friday night... everyone at SI, SEGA, STEAM, SOFT ANCHOR. have gone home for the weekend lol. typical luck hey.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Zarkava View Post
    I have been ragin alllll day with this bloody game, but that post actually made me pee myself a little bit cheers

BUT

as i said, been trying all day to get it working, i finally managed to install it with stream and after hours of constantly trying to authenticate the game (i read from forum repsonses that this was what many people done to get it to work) IT ACTUALLY WORKED! ...updated with patch and was playing away happily for hours shut down the game, and when i went to play it again via steam the authentication screen came up again, and when i put my code in it said "unlock key is already active" ...tried uninstalling the game and re-installing etc, didnt work. anyone else have this problem? is my key lost forever now ?

any help would be appreciated, or even some other tails of woe similar to mine, i.e great dissapointment ...relief and jubilation ...then back to bitter dissapointment

Part-timer

I wouldn't blame them for ignoring this topic tbh... I can understand the frustration even though my copy hasn't been delivered yet... but insulting them and yelling at them ain't gonna get anything done. I wouldn't be shocked if the reason they're not posting is actually because of the amount of abuse they got when they were. Ok, it's not working - I think that's been established now, if it's not adding anything new what's the use in a 'i f***ing hate you si' post? If you want to complain there's more effective ways of doing it.

I realise this doesn't apply to a lot of people, but there's enough people doing this for me to want to rant myself

Amateur

I'm giving up now - if this isn't sorted by the morning I'm taking the game back and downloading a pirate version - I bet I'm not the only one who feels this way

well done SI - top customer support as usual --- NOT!!!

Lurker

right guys could someone please help me as im really confused about this.
    1st of all what the hell is steam and why have si/sega decided to use this for the 2009 edition?
    2nd of all could someone explain the whole uploading process to me.

I've installed it to the stage where it asks me to update steam, however when i do that is come up "error Steam.exe(main exception): Unable to load library steam.dll"!!

I've no idea what this means. could someone please help me as i like millions of people have really looked forward to getting this today and its really getting on my nerves!

Part-timer

Hi, which update do I download for if I have bought the game through a shop?????

Which one?
    Assuming you're on a pc not a mac then any of the downloads will work

Amateur

What update do I use if I bought it in the shops?

Like What Link?

Amateur

This is a joke right? You do realise I and many others are real close to take this game back to the shop and waiting for the first pirate release? You're going to lose more money than if you had let the pirates have there way.

Reserves

looks like piracy wins again. congratulations SI, you know what, I'd accept it if you actually told us, instead the (online) Mr Jacobson's last post is about David Friggin Moyes

Come on SI, this is a joke, don't make it worse. You are losing some of your best forum users because you can't be bothered to post, this is beginning to peeve everyone off,

Semi Pro

I guess all SI/Sega peoples have went off cos work hours have finished

Amateur

Why are there no updates on what is being done to resolve this?

More than a few P45's should be dished out on Monday.

Lurker

After hours sorting out the code and installing the game via Steam. I am still unable to play, everytime I try to launch the game via Dodgy Steam, I get the following message "the game is currently unavailable, please try again another time". That is obscene, Ive paid for a game that I can't play when I choose. Thats criminal!
    Last edited by mwan39; 14-11-2008 at 21:17.

Amateur

Angry Re: Authentication and update

The Stupied thing even though you go through Steam, you still go through SoftAnchor crap anyway, who website looks crap aswell. This been absloute joke as i had problems with the product key as one of the letters looked like a 2 but was a Z (Crappy Printing on the Manual!!!) and Soon as i get pass this it comes up with the No internet Connection business beacause they are having problem with Servers and such.

If Sega/SI/Softachor don't sort this out in the next few days, i am sending it back beacause what is the point of playing a game which does work proplery.

Amateur

I know this might be a bit of a slap in the face for some members here, but I seem to have my game installed and authorised (though I don't know how, I think it must have happened automatically during installation - all I know is I haven't entered the code, and yet I can play the game). However, I am ****ed off that PC users seem to be the ones that are being catered for first. The PC patch has been available since I first looked about three hours ago (and I'm guessing from some of the posts on here it has been available for longer than that), and yet there's no sign of the patch for Mac users.

I don't know who's responsible for this, I guess it's a combination of SI, SEGA, STEAM and anyone else involved in the whole authorisation/patching exercise, but this is a hugely embarrassing shambles for them. All these wonderful new features overshadowed by a farcical release day.

What makes it worse is that in previous years the game has been released on (approx.) 20th October. This year's game has had an extra month by comparison and it's been something of a disaster. The fact that it needs patching on release day doesn't reflect well on the creators either.

Amateur

I know this might be a bit of a slap in the face for some members here, but I seem to have my game installed and authorised (though I don't know how, I think it must have happened automatically during installation - all I know is I haven't entered the code, and yet I can play the game). However, I am ****ed off that PC users seem to be the ones that are being catered for first. The PC patch has been available since I first looked about three hours ago (and I'm guessing from some of the posts on here it has been available for longer than that), and yet there's no sign of the patch for Mac users.

I don't know who's responsible for this, I guess it's a combination of SI, SEGA, STEAM and anyone else involved in the whole authorisation/patching exercise, but this is a hugely embarrassing shambles for them. All these wonderful new features overshadowed by a farcical release day.

What makes it worse is that in previous years the game has been released on (approx.) 20th October. This year's game has had an extra month by comparison and it's been something of a disaster. The fact that it needs patching on release day doesn't reflect well on the creators either.

Amateur

As I can't return my game at the store who do I contact about a refund, SI or Sega? I'll be sticking to my FM08 game, the regens might be cack and the transfer prices inflated but atleast I can play the thing!

Amateur

703 again.. is it suppose to work now or they just went home after give it up?

Amateur

Any news for the Mac fix ? Please ...

Amateur

Yeah, I heard all people of SI and Sega took a week off, so there won't be any playing the next week. -______-
    You people are really a bunch of whiners. Ofcourse they aren't at home. And WHAT do you expect them to post?
    "oooh sorry we are working on it, but we don't know how long it will take. Instead we will be online here, talking with u guy's instead of fixing the problem. I hope you guys don't all go to the pirate versions now."

just grow up people ffs

Reserves

Because you have a mac, you get to play but no patch, we get no play but a patch

Amateur

Well i guess its championship manager are going to be laughing there heads off, i bet when they get theres they can play it on the day they buy it. (AWWWW REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN YOU COULD JUST BUY FM AND PLAY IT, HAPPY DAYS) but now a game i praised and did not have a bad word to say. but now i cant stop calling the hell out of it. Whats with this softwanka ****, u activate on steam then when u think u are all set to play the game then anchor soft thought it would be more fun to c everyone go mad and screem at the computer for the day. well when do u think this will get sorted or will i be taking the game back 2moz and get championship manager and go against everything i believe in. HERES AN IDEA NOT SURE U HAVE HAD YET, LET PEOPLE PLAY THE DAM GAME.

Amateur

f***, f***, f***, and ****!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Marshdweller View Post

Because you have a mac, you get to play but no patch, we get no play but a patch

Amateur

My friend is one of the researchers, they were told they could activate it at 9pm last night. He said it took him over an hour to get the game working. If that was just the researchers and testers, think just how underpowered their system must be if it gives them grief when a few hundred try to activate in a small space of time. They would have been aware of the issue last night.

Last year I bought 2008 online but it was a week late, I played a pirated copy for a week. I may end up doing the same this year, SI are welcome to sue me, though they will not be able to prove any loss of revenue as I own the game

Amateur

My trial period has expired??

What trial period?! Also getting a 703 error... any ideas when this sh*t is going to get fixed. I really feel for SI as they've clearly made a poor choice in soft anchor, however a time estimate would be good.

Banned

Russians have cracked it.Now I can play till this mess is sorted out.
    Last edited by 1gr8gamer; 14-11-2008 at 23:00.

Amateur

On my mac I'm stuck at soft anchor, really should be called soft wnaker.

What an absolute shambles, what the **** was wrong with the traditional way of installing?

Amateur

My friend is one of the researchers, they were told they could activate it at 9pm last night. He said it took him over an hour to get the game working. If that was just the researchers and testers, think just how underpowered their system must be if it gives them grief when a few hundred try to activate in a small space of time. They would have been aware of the issue last night.

Last year I bought 2008 online but it was a week late, I played a pirated copy for a week. I may end up doing the same this year, SI are welcome to sue me, though they will not be able to prove any loss of revenue as I own the game

Amateur

Back to playing 2008 for me then, try again tomorrow see if its hopefully been sorted.

Amateur

My trial period has expired??

What trial period?! Also getting a 703 error... any ideas when this sh*t is going to get fixed. I really feel for SI as they've clearly made a poor choice in soft anchor, however a time estimate would be good.

Amateur

I'm giving up, if I can't get it working tomorrow its going back to the shop

Amateur

I have got it to work now. Basically i went to Steam, right clicked on the football manager icon in the my games tab, Selected Create a shortcut on desktop. then double clicked it on the desktop and it worked!!!!!

Third Team

I'd like someone to explain if there as a point using Steam I thought just installing it off the computer was easier and less riskier.

I haven't bought it and was going to I think I'll wait until they've sorted it out.

Amateur

finally i can activate it!

but now it keeps coming up with an error message <b>'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'<b/>

why!? and what can i do to fix it?? hopefully someones still reading these..

Amateur

Im in now lads .
    Still a complete sham though!

Amateur

Im in now lads .
    Still a complete sham though!

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast