Is it a bug?

Guest Plamen88

Perhaps it is referring to the Champions League, as opposed to the European Cup. They won the CL in 1998 and 2002, previous victories were prior to the format change.

I can only assume that this is the case, but for me is wrong as it is ultimately the same ie European Champions=European Champions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Wait they won it in 2000 too, scrap my theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could be on to something here.!

Didn't it become the Champions League in 1999 - after United won it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Didn't it become the Champions League in 1999 - after United won it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But in the Past Winners it treats them all as if they won the same competition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Wait they won it in 2000 too, scrap my theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't it become the Champions League in 1999 - after United won it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow. I couldn't be more wrong..!! 1992-1993 season was the change.

The CL was only a rebranding. Like changing Division 1 to the Champtionship - it was just a money spinner. Hence Liverpool got to keep the trophy! It must be a bug to do with Real Madrid, but its minor, and I dont mind these things as they dont spoil the gameplay like the Chelsea bug! lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Reidy_FootieKing:

it has happened because you have changed the name of the champions legue, it should be called the european cup or somthing like that icon_confused.gif on the game and beacuse u have changed the name there is no histroy to the champions legue icon_cool.gif hope u get what i am on about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you read through this thread, you would understand that that is not actually the case. icon14.gif

there was a similar thread where celtic won the scottish cup "zero" times. i think what is is that the game only recognizes competition histories from 2007/08 in some peoples games. i've not had this problem tbh.

btw

Lauren - Strumming my pain with his fingers

Wycleff - Once

Lauren - Singing my life with his words

Wycleff - Twice

wouldn't work, would it? and nobody says "Thrice" anymore. "Two times" can stay there. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Reidy_FootieKing:

it has happened because you have changed the name of the champions legue, it should be called the european cup or somthing like that Confused on the game and beacuse u have changed the name there is no histroy to the champions legue Cool hope u get what i am on about

Thanks for that lol

If you read through this thread, you would understand that that is not actually the case. Thumbs Up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen this more than once before. It seems to be a problem with this particular news message. It acknowledges your opponents as the most successful side but puts the number of times your team have won the competition instead of that of your opponents.

If for instance you play united in the fa cup with a team that hasn't won this competition and you get this particular message, IIRC united will be acknowledge as the most time winners but it'll say they've won it "zero" times. This needs to be corrected.

Archived