I'll tell you what's keeping me going at the moment. Non-specific comments of joy positiveness about FM08.

The LLM forum has a thread like this that stops a lot semi-gloating threads, (because full on gloating is not allowed)

Rather that creating a whole new thread for your tale of joy, feel free to post in here and share your tit-bit of positiveness so that the rest of us can be infected with your enthusiasm.

The LLM forum has a thread like this that stops a lot semi-gloating threads, (because full on gloating is not allowed)

Rather that creating a whole new thread for your tale of joy, feel free to post in here and share your tit-bit of positiveness so that the rest of us can be infected with your enthusiasm.

Won the league with Celtic on the last day of the season against Rangers beating them 3-0 at Ibrox after winning the league cup against Gretna 1-0. Sold Hesselink for £9m to Zaragoza, Mark Wilson for £8.5m to Reading and Scott Brown for £15m to Man City. Doing well icon_wink.gif

I just lost 3 of my first choice midfielders for at least 2 months, and while looking at available free transfers I got Gaetán Tomas Guzmán, for free! I wouldn't have even looked if it wasn't for injuries! icon_smile.gif

Just happened in my South Africa game.

My defender launches a long ball down the middle, defender (with my striker hounding him) lets it bounce before tapping it back to the goalkeeper.

Goalkeeper holds the ball...holds the ball...holds it...

My striker jogs up, dispossesses the keeper, and taps in for his debut hat trick and 8-0 icon_biggrin.gif

(we were the favourites at 1.03 for this game, it's a first round cup match)

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

I've just signed someone who shares the name of a famous Iraqi war criminal as physio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chemical Ali?

I just now beat an in-form Arsenal 3-0 away, as Newcastle. Pleased isn't the word icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I've done it icon_eek.gif!

I've only bloomin well gone and done it icon_biggrin.gif.

That's correct. I have in fact won a league game icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats Jimbo icon_biggrin.gif

Some u18 players 2 divisions up were willing to come on loan to me icon_biggrin.gif

Last night I got over the desolation of suffering my first ever FM sacking by starting a new game with Sheffield Wednesday. I stumbled through pre-season, and then the mighty Owls hit the ground running. I've had prior success on 08 playing ugly direct football with Blyth, but this time I seem to have found a pretty tactic that actually works! The joy of seeing my players pass and move and dominate possession is sure to be short lived, but I went to bed thoroughly satisfied last night. icon_smile.gif

Happy thoughts are few and far between for me since the new patch came along and destroyed my tactic but here goes.

I'm in love with Sergio Aguero!

As Atletico manager I have finished 2nd the last two years, narrowly missing out on the title the first year, with this man leading the line and scoring bucket loads of goals. I am his favourite person, he is mine, I will never sell him. I've just made him captain too.

We're like Sir Alex & Roy.....excpet without the silverware, but we'll soon sort that....once I find a new tactic :p

i took reins at juve, won the serie A in the 1st season...2nd season retained it with winning the ECL!! 3rd season i was offered the R Madrid job!!! i got wet..... then the game crashed after i play valencia...s**t happens.

Started my first full game post patch and even though I'm in a pretty rubbish league (icelandic), I've been voted overachiever of the season both seasons and finished in a european place twice running without spending a penny on players. Must be the stingy northerner in me.

It feels good to gloat sometimes....

I don't normally post on the forums but it's nice to see a positive thread for a change.

My moment of joy came yesterday. Having brought the mighty Kidderminster Harriers up to league 2, with no money for transfers I was in a relegation dogfight.

The last relegation space was going to either me or Lincoln but I was confident as with 3 games to go i was 3 points ahead with an extra 10 goal difference. Cue me losing 5-0 to Chester while Lincoln won 6-0 against Barnet. Somehow I'm back in the drop zone. We both drew our next game which meant I was 1 goal away from safety coming in to the last day.

Lincoln roared to a 2-0 lead against Shrewsbury while I went behind to an early Aldershot goal. Soon after I was 2 down, all hope lost. Then an amazing series of events happened in the second half. I pulled 1 back while Shrewsbury scored 4. The league ended with Lincoln and Kidderminster level on points and goal difference. I stayed up on goals scored. I've won lots of cups and leagues on all the versions over the years but I've never been happier at the end of a season.

Roll on the 09/10 season. icon_smile.gif

in just 10 days my man city squad won 4 nil against bloody united.

then my brave men went to play liverpool away and after being 1 nil down for whole match, martin petrov decided to score and and assist to bianch and we won in last seconds of the game.

omly for days later chelsea came to town and it was tough match until 81st minute when petrov scored again and sent us in 2nd place to finish dreaded 10 days against some best english teams.

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flash Funk:

I've finally found a tactic that works wonders for me post patch. Beat Barce away and Bayern at home.

My beloved Aguero has 7 goals in 3 games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm enjoying the labours of slaving to a 4-4-2 Kilo after working form Alpha through to Juliet with minor tweaks post patch. Lifted the Prem after a tussle with the Mancs in the run in.

The game is still wonderfully hard and I like the fact that every game against smaller clubs has to be fought for as in real life.

I keep winning the games I'm supposed to lose and keep losing the games I'm supposed to win.

The past 10 games I draw against Chelsea, won over Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa and Man UTD and lost against the likes of Derby, Birmingham and City.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmytom:

I have finally acquired the tactical nous to defeat the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic (ie 4-4-2 diamond) that all of my opponents inflict on me!

Under pressure manager my arse. Those 17 without a win will soon be forgotten. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went 16 without winning recently, it was hellish, I'm glad you overcame it!

I enjoyed getting this!

"Since his arrival at Stadion Lohmuhle, one thing that new VfB Lubeck manager XXXX XXXX cannot be accused of is failing to tell his players how to find the net.

Lubeck have delighted their fans by smashing a mighty twenty-eight goals past their opposition in just fifteen matches, notching up eight wins in the process."

I can't believe it!!! I've managed to draw away to Arsenal in the league with Liverpool! I always had my doubts on SI being Arsenal fans as in FM07 & FM 08 they are always in 1st place and almost impossible to beat. However, judging from the last match maybe things could be different this time around. I might have won the game but I changed my tactics to very defensive which I shouldn't have done so I set it back to what it was.

After finishing 2nd to Real and Barce in the previous two seasons we (Atletico) finally make the break through, running away with the league by a massive 12 points, losing onlty tow games in the process (1 was the last match of the season to 20th place no less, at home! :p )

And as if that wasn't enough, in the very same season I managed to take Atletico to their first ever Champions League success smashing 4 goals without reply past a hapless Benfica in the final.

And the Icing on the cake was Aguero (of course!) scoring 45 league goals in 35 matches, 61 goals in all!

It doesn't rain but it pours.

I don't know if they are called "sarrows" (side arrows), or "larrows", (lateral arrows), but whatever they are called they work a treat icon14.gif.

Jimbo blindly stumbles upon a winning tactic to gift him his first win in 6, despite playing most of the game with only 10 men. icon_wink.gif

Archived