The 3D engine is Good...But

I am liking the 3D engine but I just wanted to let SI know on some improvements in my opinion which I think they could add in the patch.

1. Chest control does exist and needs to be incorporated in my opinion.

2. Keepers need more animations. They need especially more animations when it comes to catching the ball and when they are up in one on one situations.

What other small improvements could SI make

I agree but it'd probably be too hard to include things like that in a patch, but maybe future versions.

It'll definately get better each year.

One of the main things i've noticed is that when a player goes to close down the ball, sometimes there seems to be a "barrier" around the player with the ball, what I mean is that the defending player sets off, then gets within a few centimetres of the opposing player, but then seems to be held off with a clear gap between both players.

There are loads of improvements for SI to work on, but as I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm happy enough with this version as a first effort, afterall, SI had to start somewhere on the 3d and the first version was never going to be a world beater, like games in general, imagine paperboy etc.. compared with say Fable or Elder scrolls oblivion, the 3d aspect will evolve in time.

What I care most about is the match engine anyway, as long as that is realistic I can live with the 3D graphics not being awesome.

And imagine how many would be complaining if the graphics were better and their machine couldn't run it...

What annoys me is how tackling is represented within the ME. The walk into each other who will come away with the ball scenario. I have to read the commentary to see what was supposed to have happened.

Also how long does it take to stand up after a slide tackle? My players tend to sit down and rest for too long after they've attempted them.

The timings are all clearly set to 2D as are the physical dimensions still set to 2D. Pause during one of those tackles and switch between 2D and 2D, you'll note the 2D is in contact, the 3D is oft not.

Equally certain slow movements in 3D are less noticable in 2D.

I am getting a little tired of playes taking a full 2 seconds to pass the ball. High tempo, one touch football looks a non event, although not all the time and someone may be able to share some ideas in the tactics forum.

In the future I fear as the engine grows, less and less people will be able to use it unless they get an upgrade

It's shocking that people complain so much about having to upgrade their computer. You all have it easy with FM in terms of necessary hardware. If you were a fan of FPS games then you'd be well and truly out of luck. I spent close to £1000 upgrading my computer to run Crysis at it's maximum settings

Technology is improving every day, and every time you buy a new state of the art computer it becomes mid-range in a few months, that's just the way it is. You can't expect developers to forever remain at the bottom of the technology ladder and miss out on improved features like 3D just because you can't or don't want to spend money on a better computer

As with everything in life, if you can't afford to do it, you go without

It's shocking that people complain so much about having to upgrade their computer. You all have it easy with FM in terms of necessary hardware. If you were a fan of FPS games then you'd be well and truly out of luck. I spent close to £1000 upgrading my computer to run Crysis at it's maximum settings

Technology is improving every day, and every time you buy a new state of the art computer it becomes mid-range in a few months, that's just the way it is. You can't expect developers to forever remain at the bottom of the technology ladder and miss out on improved features like 3D just because you can't or don't want to spend money on a better computer

As with everything in life, if you can't afford to do it, you go without

It is not me I fear for, it's the kids whose Mom's and Dad's don't want to spend 800-1000 quid for a new machine... for some people FM is the only game they play and FPS is what they bought an xbox 360 or PS3 for.

I just hope they keep the graphic requirements the same for next year and when the economical crisis slows down then start upgrading, otherwise many will just not be able to play the game on 3D and may stick to FM09

Archived