Release - Greener grass textures

SmurfDude

good work, I noticed that too. After seeing the demo all I could think of was "contrast... ahhh we need more contrast!" so good work. Editing all of them takes so long. And the pitch line curves seemed so perfect too; I edited them so they seem less perfect. Maybe I'll release it.

I have been doing sniffing about, the grass textures are in the "meshes" folder, they are in .dss file format. All you need is this tool, its FREE as well, called "DDS Convertor 2", just google it!

Install it, load the textures in and convert to what GFX format your happy with, then edit them and convert back .dds! Its that simple :)

I have been doing sniffing about, the grass textures are in the "meshes" folder, they are in .dss file format. All you need is this tool, its FREE as well, called "DDS Convertor 2", just google it!

Install it, load the textures in and convert to what GFX format your happy with, then edit them and convert back .dds! Its that simple :)

Photoshop and the Nvidia DDS Tool is all you need :)

This allows you to create the mipmaps while saving them in DDS format

weres the link to download???

Thanks to the craptastic broadband available to us here in the jolly old UK, it is taking awhile to get it uploaded

But while it is uploading I am trying to create completely new grass textures. It's quite tricky, as anything too detailed looks odd in relation to the simplistic stadium and player textures

Cheers, downloading now. I prefer to have my grass green, not the yellowing excuse for grass that is the default.

One question though. Does this affect the pitch showing deterioration? (will it still show a brown patch down the middle when you need to re-lay the pitch?)

Just played the first game with this and see no difference....

There definitely IS a difference. Maybe you got a damp pitch, I haven't changed those

Cheers, downloading now. I prefer to have my grass green, not the yellowing excuse for grass that is the default.

One question though. Does this affect the pitch showing deterioration? (will it still show a brown patch down the middle when you need to re-lay the pitch?)

It doesn't affect it in any way. There are a few hundred different pitch textures covering a variety of pitch conditions

I haven't done all of them yet

Archived