I have three players getting Belgian Citizenship at my feeder club. At the beginning of this year, two of them had only a year left on their contracts so I tried renewing them. My Ecudorian Keeper got his renewed no problem, but my Belarussian striker has been refused renewal on two different occasions. Why is this happening to him, but not my South American keeper?

No he hasn't. I have been able to recall my third loanee, a Costa Rican full back, because he has got enough caps now, but my keeper has only 4 caps and still has the 'WP' thing next to his name, whilst the Costa Rican hasn't.

I don't think so because I signed him on a 3 year deal in 2008. At the beginning of this season (2010/11), I noticed that two of the players I had on loan in Belgium had contracts up for renewal. Roberto Rodriguez, the Ecudorian keeper, and Sergey Safronov, the Belarussian striker (both Regens). I tried renewing them both, Safronov's was rejected, but Rodriguez's was accepted and his contract was extended until 2013. I then checked the status of all my loanees and found that both Rodriguez and Safronov had the 'WP' sign next to their names, whilst my third Regen loanee had played enough for his country and the 'WP' was no longer there.

Originally posted by t_hall:

I don't think so because I signed him on a 3 year deal in 2008. At the beginning of this season (2010/11), I noticed that two of the players I had on loan in Belgium had contracts up for renewal. Roberto Rodriguez, the Ecudorian keeper, and Sergey Safronov, the Belarussian striker (both Regens). I tried renewing them both, Safronov's was rejected, but Rodriguez's was accepted and his contract was extended until 2013. I then checked the status of all my loanees and found that both Rodriguez and Safronov had the 'WP' sign next to their names, whilst my third Regen loanee had played enough for his country and the 'WP' was no longer there.

Shouldn't he be getting citizenship pretty soon anyway then? It sounds like something to mention in the bugs forum, anyway. It shouldn't have happened.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t_hall:

Shouldn't he be getting citizenship pretty soon anyway then? It sounds like something to mention in the bugs forum, anyway. It shouldn't have happened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Rodriguez and Safronov have about 400-odd days left to gain citizenship. It's mid-October and I originally sent them during the January transfer window in the 1st season. However, because Safronov's work permit request was denied, his contract runs out before then.

Archived