Staying up with Stoke City!!

Si_Blanch18

Hi all, was just wandering wether people have had much luck with stoke

on there demo??

i started off as stoke and managed to sign some quality players on free's and started off ok!

basically want to know if you have been stoke, who have you signed and do you reckun you could keep them up?? would be nice to hear of people who have been any of the clubs who are deemeb by the bookmakers to go down eg, wigan, fulham, stoke, hull, wba?

Hi all, was just wandering wether people have had much luck with stoke

on there demo??

i started off as stoke and managed to sign some quality players on free's and started off ok!

basically want to know if you have been stoke, who have you signed and do you reckun you could keep them up?? would be nice to hear of people who have been any of the clubs who are deemeb by the bookmakers to go down eg, wigan, fulham, stoke, hull, wba?

I reckon I can keep Stoke up, I'm thinking I might be them at some point when I get the game. I'll just build my team around Danny Higginbotham...job done ;-)

I thought about being Stoke as I like to be a lower prem team at some point. I wonder if you can recreate the tactic of having big strong players and using Delaps long throw to it sfull potential. What is Ricardo Fuller like? How much transfer money do you get?

I thought about being Stoke as I like to be a lower prem team at some point. I wonder if you can recreate the tactic of having big strong players and using Delaps long throw to it sfull potential. What is Ricardo Fuller like? How much transfer money do you get?

ricardo fullers is quite good on the game, stoke start off with around 4 million, players like, ljungberg, appiah and gravesen will all sign on free's aswell!!

Could be a good game someone should make a Stoke City thread I think. I am a Sunderland fan and could never understand why we sold Higginbotham I thought he was pretty good and he scored against Newcastle which is great. Theres gotta be some good loans you can get to Stoke Song from Arsenal maybe Vela he is not a 1st teamer on my game.

Could be a good game someone should make a Stoke City thread I think. I am a Sunderland fan and could never understand why we sold Higginbotham I thought he was pretty good and he scored against Newcastle which is great. Theres gotta be some good loans you can get to Stoke Song from Arsenal maybe Vela he is not a 1st teamer on my game.

Higginbotham is ridiculously good in this new FM. I was shocked! I've stopped playing the demo cos of the injuries and low condition problems etc, but was looking for a team to manage when I buy the full game. After Man U that is, who I support, so was checking a few teams out. Stoke have quite a few good solid players. I think a centre-back partnership of Higginbotham and Shawcross would be pretty damn good. The defence on the whole isn't too bad. Fuller looks a bit poor to me, Dave Kitson's alright though, so is Liam Lawrence. The midfield would definitely need strengthening, Diao and the two Faye's are pretty dire, and a new pacy striker is also essential I think.

I was bored the other day so I played 6 months with stoke. I finished the demo sitting in 15th spot, 5 points above the relegation zone. Having to rotate the whole midfield in every game cos of the low player conditions cost me, if it wasn't for that I reckon I'd be about 10th.

I bought:

Mark Randall (season long loan)

Lee McCulloch (season long loan)

Kepa- £2.4m

Don Cowie- £375k

Daryl Murphy- £1.3m

Pape Diop (not to be confused with Papa Bouba Diop, this Diop is actually good!)- £4.1m

Sold:

Sidibe- £2m

Delap- £1m

Fuller- £3m

Diao, both Faye's, Sonko, Matteo and Pericard all released on frees as no-one would buy them

Then at the start of January I bought:

Fernando Soriano £1.2m

Oscar Ustari- £1.7m

My squad was just starting to look quite strong, shame the demo finished lol.

My first choice team was (4-4-2): Sorensen, Davies, Shawcross, Higginbotham, Dickinson, Lawrence, Diop, Tonge, McCulloch, Murphy, Kepa

Only just got started with the demo. Played 4 of the 5 preseason friendlies, lost to Celtic, beat the rest, with just Chelsea reserves to come. Can't believe people aren't rating Abdy Faye! The man has been a rock in defence for me so far. Central defence is one of the few places I have lots of talent - Higginbotham, Davies and Shawcross are all decent. Centre midfield is a worry, and I've not much left in the budget to strengthen there after getting a new left back, winger and 'experienced' (old) striker. Nevermind, this is Stoke, we don't play through midfield! :D

Just starting with them on the full game, bought sylvinho for 240k, gravesen on a free and fabien delph (supposed to be quite a good prospect) its a struggle to get good players but quite solid defensively from the start, just got to hope there isn't the same insane decline on this fm with older players.

Archived