Poor versions released to hinder piracy?

Do you guys think that they're releasing unfinished versions of the game, as history has shown us before, to mainly hinder piracy? Making pirates and people who pirate games do more, in terms of getting hold of patches and so forth to make the game playable?

I've been wondering about this, because surely, a problem such as the injury problem -must- have been spotted by testers ages ago as it is so apparent to gameplay.

This way they get to sell the Steam versions and retail versions - HOWEVER - the retail version (version you get upon release) is so flawed that it is unplayable, and players have no choice but to get patches somehow - and I'm sure most would find it more useful to register a legit version to get them faster.

Of course this won't "block" piracy, but maybe slow down or hinder it - making it less 'attractive' for pirates.

Could this be the reason you think?

Mmm, your post makes sense, but in reality imo it doesn't what so ever.

If SI were stupid enough to do this, they'd only be ruining thier own goodwill for FM and would soon enough have no customers. How some of the bugs weren't picked up is beyond me, but it won't stop me buying the game.

How are they ruining their own goodwill? They're patching the game on release-day. Fixing the game, but not the Gold client. Meaning that people who buy or download will have to patch, but once they do that the game will be ok.

Archived