FM09 Famous players and players who are past it

alanricouk

Just thought I'd make of past players that used to be well known, or some sort of fame, but have fell off the mark over the years. Feel free to add your own. Please use the same style as me.

Denilson-Palmerias-AML---Used to be once the most expensive players in the world at £15 million, but failed in Europe.

Juan Veron-Estudiantes-AMC---Amazing in Italy, but failed bad in England. Twice.

Marc Overmars-Go Ahead-AML---Played for Arsenal, then suddenly retired. Came back out of retirement this year.

Juan Riquelme-Boca-AMC---Was the main player in the Villarreal team, but fell out with people, and moved back to Argentina.

Pablo Aimar-Benfica-AMC---Another great attacking Argentinian midfielder, but never turned out like Maradona.

Kily Gonzalez-Central-MLC---Played at the highest level for Inter and Valencia, but is coming to the end of his career.

Lomana Lua Lua-Al Arabi-AMR--- Played for Portsmouth and Newcastle, but now whores himself out in Qatar

Mauro Zarate-Al Sadd- AMR/FWS--- Still looking for a proper club in Qatar as well.

Jorge Valdivia-Al Ain-AMRC---FM08 hero, plays in UAE now

Rafael Sobis-Al Jazeera-AMC---Another FM hero, plays in UAE as well

Rivaldo-Bunyodkor-AMC---One of the most famous Brazilians moved to Uzbekistan to cash in his career.

Andres D'Alessandro-Internacional-AMLRC---Played for Portsmouth and was great.

Materazzi-Inter

Rivaldo - Brazillian

Alex -Fenerbache

Alex isn't a has been mate. Well not imo.

marcelo salas- once considered the ebst striker in the world, now a has been

Salas was so good back in the day always loved the guy.

To the opening poster, Denilson actually moved for $32million, which at the time equated to £23million.

------------------------------------------------

David Beckham - MRC - Used to be brilliant, and still very handy with his crossing, long passing, and set pieces. He had great success at Manchester United and Real Madrid playing football. Now plays a different sport, known as "soccer", over in America for LA Galaxy. He crosses over the different sports quite regualry as he still plays football for England. He is due for a loan spell at Italian side AC Milan in January to play football, as the American "soccer" season has finished.

Guest roberto922
Ronaldo (the now fat one)- now permo-crock

Always has been tbf.

Francis Jeffers - Blackburn? - Once tipped as a future world star, now having trouble getting a game anywhere

Nick Barmby - (not sure which club) - Same as Jeffers

Mark Bosnich - Once a world class goalkeeper, now a mediocre player.

Sorry about the clubs, I'm not too sure who they're with.

Materazzi-Inter

Rivaldo - Brazillian

Alex -Fenerbache

Alex is definitely not past it, he can play amazingly for two more seasons at least (in FM08 he was elected "best player in Turkish league" for 4 years in a row in my game. So, I'd give him at least two (and maybe one more) years to shine in FM09.

Obviously, he wouldn't make such an impact in higher leagues. You can't sign him for any U.K. team, anyway (WP issues).

Just thought I'd make of past players that used to be well known, or some sort of fame, but have fell off the mark over the years. Feel free to add your own. Please use the same style as me.

Denilson-Palmerias-AML---Used to be once the most expensive players in the world at £15 million, but failed in Europe.

Juan Veron-Estudiantes-AMC---Amazing in Italy, but failed bad in England. Twice.

Marc Overmars-Go Ahead-AML---Played for Arsenal, then suddenly retired. Came back out of retirement this year.

Juan Riquelme-Boca-AMC---Was the main player in the Villarreal team, but fell out with people, and moved back to Argentina.

Pablo Aimar-Benfica-AMC---Another great attacking Argentinian midfielder, but never turned out like Maradona.

Kily Gonzalez-Central-MLC---Played at the highest level for Inter and Valencia, but is coming to the end of his career.

Lomana Lua Lua-Al Arabi-AMR--- Played for Portsmouth and Newcastle, but now whores himself out in Qatar

Mauro Zarate-Al Sadd- AMR/FWS--- Still looking for a proper club in Qatar as well.

Jorge Valdivia-Al Ain-AMRC---FM08 hero, plays in UAE now

Rafael Sobis-Al Jazeera-AMC---Another FM hero, plays in UAE as well

Rivaldo-Bunyodkor-AMC---One of the most famous Brazilians moved to Uzbekistan to cash in his career.

Andres D'Alessandro-Internacional-AMLRC---Played for Portsmouth and was great.

Zarate is on loan at Lazio in Serie A and is the top scorer. Nice one. Stupidity prevails.

Guest roberto922

TBH Riquelme is still at his best, just because he isn't in Europe ti doesn't mean he isn't at his best, same with D'Alessandro. Also Aimar is still doing well, the fact that he isn't close to Maradonas level doesn't make him 'past it'

Kluivert plays in french league i think.

Does anyone who has the game as im still in school, know if diego marradona's son is still in the game?

diego armando or something. Cheers :D

EDIT : Kluivert is now a coach in holland somewhere

and diego maradona junior also know as diego sinagra is at river, is he on game tho?

Archived