Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FM08 Feature Blog: Transfers / Contracts / Bonuses

Sports Interactive David Kempshall's Avatar

This thread is to discuss the new FM 2008 Blog from Miles about Transfers / Contracts / Bonuses, which you can now read on - http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/a.../100/1650.html

Read all the FM blogs at - http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/a...101/index.html

Sports Interactive David Kempshall's Avatar

This thread is to discuss the new FM 2008 Blog from Miles about Transfers / Contracts / Bonuses, which you can now read on - http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/a.../100/1650.html

Read all the FM blogs at - http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/a...101/index.html

Third Team

Might stop some of the "why can't I sign 14 yr old player X from Brazil" threads at least.

Sheffield Wednesday Researcher

Fantastic stuff. This game really does get better and better each year, even improving the stuff i didn't think needed that much improving!

I like the fact that clubs will now state what players they would like exchanging in transfer deals, i frequently offer players as part ex (especially when Ass Man states a position they are looking for), but always the bid was rejected without any reason such as "Not THAT left back, we want your star left back"...

One question though, do all players take an equal share in team bonuses at the end of the season, ie will the under 18 striker who i had to play as a sub one game get the same amount as my Goalkepper who hasn't missed a game??

Can't wait for the next blog!

Amateur

love the chance to sign players on pre-contract,

Amateur
    Puchov - Slovakian 1st Division 2011/12 - League Champions 2011

i have a question about the new win bonus stuff. will the amount of bonus each player recieves depend on the number of appearances they make in the competition? or will it just be spread out equally among all players who took any part, including a player who only makes one appearance as sub??

Youth Team

quote:
    Originally posted by migwar:
    i have a question about the new win bonus stuff. will the amount of bonus each player recieves depend on the number of appearances they make in the competition? or will it just be spread out equally among all players who took any part, including a player who only makes one appearance as sub??

From what i have read it gets spread across all the team. Doesnt clarify whether it goes down to reserves u18 etc or whether its based on appearances.

Shandiar/Mugwar - it's pro-rated, with minimum amounts of games needing to be played, just like real life. Not that you ever see that, as it just comes out of your account in one lump sum.

Semi Pro

Fantastic, really excited about the new Transfer features. This could be the best FM-CM for a long time... :-)

Amateur

Miles, I ****** love you for the last paragraph there! Just what I wanted! I got a bit scared when,
    in the demo thread, you couldn't answer if this had been fixed, as I thought it might have meant that this haven't been done. Awesome news, thanks alot!

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

Great stuff yet again.

I really can't wait for the demo now. I don't think my girlfriend will be seeing much of me on sunday.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:
    Shandiar/Mugwar - it's pro-rated, with minimum amounts of games needing to be played, just like real life. Not that you ever see that, as it just comes out of your account in one lump sum.

i hope this is a typo, not a personal opinion

Semi Pro

quote:
    Originally posted by Richard76:
    Great stuff yet again.

I really can't wait for the demo now. I don't think my girlfriend will be seeing much of me on sunday.

The joys of being single!

Seriously though...i dont think I have been this excited since the CM01/02 demo..and i remember it clearly - it was Friday night and quite late and the download was quite large especially for my net connection!
    And as I said before in the Day 2 thread..Im really looking forward to the flexible transfer/wage budget! Got so annoyed sometimes when I couldnt sign players because I was out by a few thousand but I had loads of money in the bank! Also on this...can this work for the signing on fees? For instance, if I took some out of wages and into the transfer kitty, will the S/O fee come out of the transfer budget?

Semi Pro

As I expected it is all great stuff

I would like some elaboration on the sentence "Wages and appearance fees are now tweaked to be more realistic too" if possible? How is it more realistic?

The last sentence also intrigues me "Tune in again tomorrow for a blog about some of the changes to the news system". Your such a tease Miles

Semi Pro
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

quote:
    Your such a tease Miles

He is isn't he. I bet he's saving the best till last too.

Migwar - sorry. 'twas a typo.

LFC Lloydy - it's more realistic as they weren't realistic enough before. And if you think I'm a tease now, wait until tomorrow's blog

Richard76 - as I've said quite a few times, what is some people's best is other people's "meh". So I haven't planned the blogs in any order like that, just based them on "sections" of the game.

Semi Pro

Have you ever thought about a career in politics Miles? With your ability to evade answering questions you would be Prime Minister in no time at all.

Didn't expect a detailed answer but thanks anyway.

Southampton Researcher

miles is teasing us about a future tease now

Amateur

Miles, I love you!!

I have been waiting and wanting to sign many under 18 South Amiericans for ages now!

Thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU!!!!!

Amateur

It's all sounding great so far

One question on yesterdays features, If I go and watch a match to scout a player, might I get called out in the commentary/news?

Amateur

Hello all,

WE need to give credit to Miles and his team for doing such great work on the game, i have been fan of this game since i was little kid, just want to say to Miles and his team well done, love hearing the new stuff

First Team Squad Member

Miles are you at all worried about all the 'man love' you are getting around here?

LFC Lloydy - can't really go into politics, as I'm too honest.

Mmitch19 - yup.

Glory Utd - not at all.

Miles, I'm just wondering... what are the consequences of choosing various degrees of bonuses? I mean, I've never really taken much notice of finances in game (Except for my wages and transfer budget) so why would I *not* go ahead and just give my team max bonus? I mean, surely the morale benefits of a huge bonus outweigh a dent in my clubs finances?

(Is expecting to get flames for ignorance towards importance of club's finances in game :P)

Amateur

Thanks Miles

Amateur

Nice update!

I'm especially interested in the pre-contract signings, team based bonus's, and the new transfer screen.

I have a few follow up questions after reading the article.

Regarding the new player exchange system, will the AI club be interested in 2nd team/reserve players at a specific position if they are good enough for the their team, or will it always be your very best person at that position? Second string players at many of the bigger clubs would be first team regulars at most other clubs.

To take the last question further, will the AI team that wants a specific player from your team in exchange put his value into the buying price? From my experience in previous versions, AI teams rarely valued any player you offered in exchange at all and you were usually better off just offering the same amount of straight cash and then selling the player you would have offered. I think the only times I've ever had a part exchange work is when i offered a straight swap and i was offering the more valuable player. Player + cash deals have never worked for me.

Thanks again for the update! FM 2008 is looking great so far. Sunday can't come soon enough anymore!

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Miles. I'm a Barnet fan and in real life we have been struggling to sign players because the amount of money a club can spend per year on wages is linked to a projected % of it's annual turnover.

As Barnet have an awful stadium and are in the shadow of giants such as Spurs and Arsenal, getting bums on seats is a HUGE issue and therefore there are many many non-league clubs, (our local rivals Stevenage to name but one), who can afford to pay players significantly more than we can depite the fact that we are a significantly higher reputation club playing in a higher division.

I know that asking us to project out turnover is a bif no-no, but is this something that will be included in 08 (or in the future), maybe with the AI preddicting the future turnover?

Amateur

Flexible budgets sound fantastic to me!

pre contract deals

Youth Team

quote:
    Originally posted by MachinegunHead:
    Miles, I'm just wondering... what are the consequences of choosing various degrees of bonuses? I mean, I've never really taken much notice of finances in game (Except for my wages and transfer budget) so why would I *not* go ahead and just give my team max bonus? I mean, surely the morale benefits of a huge bonus outweigh a dent in my clubs finances?

(Is expecting to get flames for ignorance towards importance of club's finances in game :P)

Surely the consequence is less money to spend elsewhere?

Youth Team

Will we be given more flexibility in terms of the max values for 'key player' etc.

For example I am 40K+ under my budget, one of my players has a slight concern about moving to a bigger club. So I offer him a new contract as a key player. My board will only allow me 7500 p/w and my player wants 8500 p/w. Will I be given the freedom to increase the wage by that extra 1000 p/w as I am 40K under budget?

Will players still be aware of what your wage budget is and ask for contracts based on this?

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by playmaker:
    quote:
    Originally posted by MachinegunHead:

Surely the consequence is less money to spend elsewhere?

You could also have the opposite effect on morale were certain players feel pressured to perform because their manager gave them a large bonus and therefore is expecting wins in return.

Third Team
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryhorneotf/

Everything is pointing ot the best FM yet. KUTGW!

Amateur

can someone be super nice and email me the blogs so far...........cannot view due to firewall.

First Team Squad Member

yeah, by far some of the best idea's ever introduced

i remember 05 when we had no clue where a player played because we didnt have that positions screen

so annoying at times

Amateur

Transfer Centre looks great.

Miles, I really like the idea of a single new item detailing who was and who wasn't interested in taking a player on loan. For a big club trying to loan out a lot of youth, this should make pre-season a lot smoother.

Can I trouble you to also touch on whether it should improve the ease of big clubs offering out talented players?

My experience in FM07 was that it was often difficult and time consuming to get anyone to accept a great young player even when offering them with 0 in fees and 0% of the wages.

Cheers.

Amateur
    He is a worker for the Council, has been 20 years!

Just a couple of questions please. Will it be easier to loan players and offer players to clubs. (ie will someone take my wonderkid on loan, instead of "no clubs interested" message.
    Also, clubs making enquiries and when you offer them a great deal, they never make a bid?

Looking forward to the game (especially International Management, which should hopefully be more realistic going forward, and being hounded out of a job when things go poo!)

Regards
    Rocketpants

Machinegunhead - there's no set answer. It depends on the players personalities what effect it has - but paying too high bonuses obviously gives you less money to spend elsewhere.

Quavis - again, that depends on the team bidding, and their level according to your team. Obviously a lower team might be interested in a second string player if your team are a top team.

Jimbokav1971 - we're watching how all that works very closely, and when we have a better understanding of it, and the problems and benefits to it, we'll look at adding it in, but that's not at the moment.

Mr.Suck - (I can't type your name, because I don't suck at it ) If you have excess transfer budget, then this is something you might be able to do, unless your board is blocking it for a reason.

Columnarius - it tells you who isn't interested, not who is. For you to be offered a player on loan, they'd have to be on your shortlist, or be an affiliated club. It's rare that you'd get an offer of a player unless the club know that you're interested - but that's what feeder clubs are for really.

Part-Timer

The ability to sign players on pre-contracts is finally here, and is just what we needed. Spotting young talent and only seeing it go to a rival because of lack of contract options was a real pain, but now everything is settled.

I'm also looking forward to the transfer budget control, which btw I think is fascinating. It really does help those of us that manage in LLM and have very little transfer and wage budgets, so being able to balance that hand in hand makes it that much easier and more fun to play.

Keep the good stuff coming, Miles.

Youth Team

quote:
    Jimbokav1971 - we're watching how all that works very closely, and when we have a better understanding of it, and the problems and benefits to it, we'll look at adding it in, but that's not at the moment.

Thanks for the reply.

Semi Pro

I honestly think this will be the best FM since 03/04.

New features which will inprove gameplay and playability - check

Inprovements to things that already make the game fun - check

Match engine reworked - check

More up to date transfer system - check

A snazzy skin - check

Face gen insead of random blokes from Bognor - check

I cannot wait!!!!

Amateur

Sorry, let me clarify. I was asking about loaning my players out.

FM07 felt difficult to loan my good young players out for free, both due to having to offer and parse so many news items (you covered that one) and having "no one is interested" come back even when the player was talented and the offer was 0 in fees and 0% of salary (a great deal right?).

Am hoping that the loan logic is such that more teams will be interested in taking my talented young player for free.

Amateur

Just out of interest, does anyone have a spare time machine?
    I just want to borrow it so that I can go to Sunday, then you can have it back.

This game is in my vains, it is a drug, where there is no known cure.
    It is ok for those people with drug or alcohol addictions, they can go and get help, but what of us, FM addicts? There is no rest or place of solice for us at all.

This is sounding like the BEST game ever!!!!

Third Team

quote:
    can someone be super nice and email me the blogs so far...........cannot view due to firewall.

Cant you alter your firewall to allow access to the forums?

Anyway great blogs so far and you definitely have my vote for PM

Coumnarius - I've been able to loan out players OK. If you are struggling, feeder clubs really are the way forward.

Amateur

miles why you didnt add an option that we can sign players for a year and and the secod year can be an option it means that if we want to play he will stay if not we can get rid of him and not pay him nothing in real life some teams sign players like that cus thay dont want to take a risk

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by drox:
    miles why you didnt add an option that we can sign players for a year and and the secod year can be an option it means that if we want to play he will stay if not we can get rid of him and not pay him nothing in real life some teams sign players like that cus thay dont want to take a risk

You can? You can loan a player for a season and set a fee after the loan is complete if you wish to sign the player.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by jjnjnkj@hotmail.com:
    quote:

You can? You can loan a player for a season and set a fee after the loan is complete if you wish to sign the player.

but if he has a contract for three years i will need to loan him again or to relese him and i will need to pay him

Amateur

Really looking forward to the demo and the game itself However two questions at the moment:

1) Are signing players on loan with a view to a permanent transfer ("future fee" in FM) now easier? Because thus far I've been unable to make this very realistic and good option to any use, because I can't make a good enough offer and clubs are unwilling to negotiate (AI clubs reach compromises seemingly very easily).

2) When getting in job applicants (for vacant jobs like scout, coach etc.), there is usually a huge list of names and choosing one or two persons out of that list is very demanding of an FM player (one is memorize, other is pen & paper probably). I've suggested here the chance to tell some of the applicants "NO" like any decent employer would IRL. In FM it would be nice to see these names then disappear. It would serve the purpose of making a selection easier by having less names and their ratings to deal with. Has anything similar been implemented?

If they can't be answered, that's OK.

Part-Timer

quote:
    quote:

He didnt mention loans, did he?

Amateur

Mr Miles, at the moment I am wetting myself at the new FM game, and I’ve got two questions

1. When will it be released and

2. (The last question maybe a bit too ambitious so this is going to be a good one!) Loving the news that you can now sign Under 18s from brazil, so let’s say I’m manager of a Brazilian side and I have a 16 year old superstar, which I have sold to man u. Since he has got to play for me for 2 years will that player’s performance change due to him looking forward to going to Man U

3. I’m manager of Man U and signed that 16 year old from that Brazil side. Over the 2 years can you have ongoing scouting to monitor the players performance, and if things don't look good for the player can you cancel that pre Contract?

Thanks, and I like to say it’s great to see someone like you taking in ideas, comments and notes from fans of the game, I’m sure it's what makes FM so great

Amateur

Woops thats 3 qustions - justs shows how Excited I am!

Part-Timer

Dnallov:

To answer your first question: No release date is announced yet.

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by Herter:
    quote:
    quote:

He didnt mention loans, did he?

I didn't really get it to be honest thought I did at first.

So you are on about having Rolling contracts for players and if they have a poor season then they can be released with no compensation owed?

I think thats it

Part-Timer

Nope.. no rollings contracts

Options - In real life clubs often have a player on 2 year contract and 1 year option to prolong the deal if the first 2 years go nicely

Amateur

yeah the real fan is right thats what i would like to have in the game

Part-Timer

quote:
    yeah the real fan is right thats what i would like to have in the game

Me too.. It would be a GREAT addition

First Team Regular

It's great reading these blogs, that seem to imply decisions have been made on the basis of brand new information, not what testers and users have been saying for years.

First Team Regular

quote:

Haven't I answered this question for you in a completely seperate thread?

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by Dave C:
    quote:

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher or even more i dont really know

Semi Pro

Wow. LOVE the new budget thing. Just fabulous. And about bleeding time!!

Also the pre-contract Brazil U18s is cool. Although it would be fantastic if you could fix the "player who has an future professional contract signing for you but never actually signing for you" bug that would be ace.

Semi Pro

quote:
    you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher

Wow. You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

Amateur

on what are you talking?

Amateur

I can't wait!

JosefK - 1) only if the club wants that kind of deal. 2) No.

Dnallov - 2) it might affect his morale. 3) No. Once a contract is signed, it's signed.

Dave C - not sure what you are talking about in particular, but everything that I've written is accurate. There's only one example I've given of how we've come to a decision, which was the contract stuff, and what I've said is 100% accurate and how it was decided.

All of the ideas that go into the game come from different places, whether it be internal, Sega, the research team, dream team, these forums, friends, family or contacts.

So whilst I don't know which bit in particular you are on about, I suggest you leave your ego at the door, as the implication in your post is unfair and unjustified.

Amateur

drox, that researcher was rtying to help you. if you dont have the common decency to be polite to him, why would any of the big boys wanna come answer your questions?

in fact, you've been pretty much offensive to everyone who's addressed your questions for the last few days. i suggest you take the mental equivalent of a cold shower or you could end up talking to yourself

Amateur

quote:
    drox, that researcher was rtying to help you. if you dont have the common decency to be polite to him, why would any of the big boys wanna come answer your questions?

in fact, you've been pretty much offensive to everyone who's addressed your questions for the last few days. i suggest you take the mental equivalent of a cold shower or you could end up talking to yourself

ok you right im sorry on that and i understood why they didnt do it so its fine

Part-Timer

quote:
    Yet, in real life, players sign pre-contracts to join clubs (a bit like Alexandre Pato's recent deal). And now they can in FM2008 too. Hurrah.

Excellent. This is one thing that I really wanted to see in the January update, I even made a bit of a thread about it, so I'm genuinely delighted that it's in FM08.

drox - I've already said countless times that I'm going to talk about, and answer, questions about the blogs in here. Please stop asking other questions in these threads, and you should be very careful with your comments, particularly as you are already on a yellow card.

To insult DaveC for trying to help you isn't going to win you many friends in these forums.

Amateur

quote:
    drox - I've already said countless times that I'm going to talk about, and answer, questions about the blogs in here. Please stop asking other questions in these threads, and you should be very careful with your comments, particularly as you are already on a yellow card.

To insult DaveC for trying to help you isn't going to win you many friends in these forums.

ok will ask only on the blog if i have something to ask from now on

Youth Team
    If you dont ****ing bounce, if you dont ****ing bounce then you're a blade!

If we manage an English team will we still be able to get feeder teams from other English teams even though they're not allowed in real life or has this been sorted?

First Team Regular

quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dave C:
    quote:

you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher or even more i dont really know

Fifth league if you count it properly.

First Team Regular

quote:
    Dave C - not sure what you are talking about in particular, but everything that I've written is accurate. There's only one example I've given of how we've come to a decision, which was the contract stuff, and what I've said is 100% accurate and how it was decided.

Sorry Miles, it's me and my nature, not really anything you said.

Semi Pro

...is today friday

Part-timer
    Caroline Cheese: 1501: Ben Dirs is now juggling imaginary breasts and shouting \"MELONS\" at me. What\'s all that about? Anyway, round of applause for Dirsy, who\'s off to be a proper journalist for once.

Sounds fantastic!

Hopefully this will keep the weird "I offer x (let's say 600k) for a player and their team negotiates me to y (let's say 400k) over 24 months?"

Thank you for putting all the rejections in one news item.

Semi Pro
    In the twitterverse @yashidiy was blogging at fmrashidi.wordpress.com and hopes to b back soon

quote:
    Originally posted by VonBlade:
    quote:
    you did but i want an answer from an admin not third league researcher

Wow. You kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

We don't tolerate abuse on the forums, you should know that being a senior member of the forum. You've been issued a warning for you efforts.

Amateur

Bravo pre-contract!

Part-timer

These days just seem to get longer and longer without FM08!

Seriously guys, I am a member on several game forums now and nowhere are you given as much information or updates as here with regards to a new game coming out. Kudos to SI, kudos for all!

Amateur

Let’s start with pitch sizes. As those of you who are into your footy know, there is no one set size for a pitch in football, just rules for each competition and league for minimum and maximum dimensions. You now get the chance to set your pitch size at the start of the season, adapting the pitch size to your tactics or vice versa, within the boundaries of the competition your club is playing in. 

sorry but what do u mean????

Part-timer

Hoang, no two pitches are the same length or width. Some fields are longer than others, whilst some are fairly narrow.

08 is going to give you the option of stating the dimensions of your own pitch (within the leagues guidlines of course). So, if you play a german style game (no wingers) you'll want to have a narrow pitch, and of course vice-versa if you play a wide game.

if your team are, in the majority, young and quick you would make your pitch a bit longer so as to tire the opposition.

Hope that helps mate.

Miles,
    is there a tweak on player adaptability?I've seen that all south american kids perform amazingly well in the english league as soon as they are bought. It wud be gr8 if players take time to settle b4 showing their real worth. Tht wud be a gr8 tweak IMO. bcoz in real football transfers do not happen as you like(i mean the number of players bought at will w/o affecting team chemistry) and not all players start banging goals as soon as they arrive

Retired
    why did you bring back ajw10? oatyf2 nomnom

from testing, it's awesome that you can play around with the budget, so if you've got someone you're desperate to sign and you're a bit short you can just jiggle the budgets a bit, utterly great.

I like the bonus system too, just adds that bit more realism to the game.

Semi Pro

quote:
    Originally posted by rashidi1:
    We don't tolerate abuse on the forums, you should know that being a senior member of the forum. You've been issued a warning for you efforts.

Damn. If I'd have known my reply to her incredibly abusive post was going to warrant a warning I'd have actually been abusive. Live and learn.
    VB

A new, somewhat unmoving question, but one I need to ask none the less.

Will various pitch sizes be shown in the 2D match engine? (i.e. if you took a screen shot of a game occurring on a minimum pitch, would it look different to a screen shot of a game occurring on a maximum pitch?)

Amateur

Nice update Miles!
    Here's a few questions:
    1) Is the co-ownership being rewamped this year? Because in FM 2007 it was very buggy
    2) It is now easier to sell player, at least medium/good level player? Because in a game in FM 2007 i was managing Sampdoria (finally the license! Yuppieeeeeee thanks SI) and i had buyed too many striker for error and i had to sell Bonazzoli (after a season with 22 goals in 56 apparence, and 4 golas of 8 games in Champions League), he was only 30 years old but i wasn't able to sell him to anyone... . IRL many team try to buy a good player like him after that season for at least 2.5 M euro (i tried even 0 with no success!!!).
    3) A tips for you at SI about Co-ownership deal.
    IRL only if there is an agreement between the two owner team the co-ownership can be prolonged (for 2 years deal) so if a team want to resolve the situation in the first year the two team can make offer for the player before the resolutionitalian it's name is "Buste" but i don't know it's translation in English), if they don't have an agreement then it will resolve in that year at june (even with 2-years deal in the first summer) with the clubs's secret offers (here in Italy the transfer of Fabio Quagliarella from Sampdoria to Udinese is a great example because the 2-years co-ownership deal was signed in summer of 2005/2006 season). Is this thing implemented or it will go like last year?
    3) Are the clubs more propensed to buy/exchange(almost never used in FM 2007 i hope it work now)/loan with clubs in his country league or lower league at least for medium/low level clubs?
    4) It's now possible to buy a player using the loan+future transfer option (because last year was impossible)?
    Thanks and continue like this SI!

Youth Team

quote:
    Originally posted by DMaster2:
    4) It's now possible to buy a player using the loan+future transfer option (because last year was impossible)?
    Thanks and continue like this SI!

This is one of the things that ill try out first as they just didnt work at all.

The other thing is when bidding for a player for say 5m as thats all you have, only to have the negotiations by the other club increasing their asking price to say 6m. If you cant offer more than 5 how can you afford their 6. This terminates any possible deal and is frustrating. Hopefully this has been tweaked.

Amateur

Oh, I forgot one last question :

- Will the game allow negotiation this year? Because in FM 2007 if you try to negotiate the asking price of the other team start to jump...

Amateur

i'm wit you there DM. you mean:

i offer £10m for a £7.5m rated player...

they counter asking for £15m

i offer £12m...

they counter with £17m

I offer £15m...

now they want £20m...

Amateur

quote:
    Originally posted by VonBlade:
    quote:
    Originally posted by rashidi1:

Damn. If I'd have known my reply to her incredibly abusive post was going to warrant a warning I'd have actually been abusive. Live and learn.
    VB

im not a girl moron

Amateur

drox, that's not helping. take the higher ground...

Youth Team

drox. For the love of God stop it.

Every thread I look in you are being a.......

You're just being silly!

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

drox - I would advise you to read this thread

Now, back on the blog subject please

Amateur

Hey! Was just wondering about Hearts! Since vlad has took control of my club the managerial situation has been crazy to say the least was just wondering how this will be worked into the new game ie with us not actually having a manger and strange players being signed!

Amateur

Sounds to me that FM08 will be a vast improvement on 07 which is pleasing.

"coach reports make taking over a new team easier" I really hope this turns out to be an accurate assessment.

Looking at the screenshots I do have a quick question, the player photos, are they all CGI? Or is it still possible to use player photos in the same way that we did on previous FMs?

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

quote:
    ooking at the screenshots I do have a quick question, the player photos, are they all CGI? Or is it still possible to use player photos in the same way that we did on previous FMs?

You are probably thinking of Facegen which we're using for newgens. Player pictures will still be in there

Sports Interactive Simon Tipple's Avatar

I would like too see bonuses given for targets.

So your striker gets a bonus for every 5 goals he scores or you goalkeeper gets a bonus for every 5 clean sheets.

Thats the system at Brighton anyhow.

Amateur

Ah that explains it, thats a very nice touch by the way, I always thought the default silhoutted faces looked a bit ugly

Semi Pro

quote:
    i'm wit you there DM. you mean:

i offer £10m for a £7.5m rated player...

they counter asking for £15m

i offer £12m...

they counter with £17m

I offer £15m...

now they want £20m...

Very annoying!

Amateur

For me, FM07 was the best yet (was very dissapointed with 06), I have not had one crash, it runs fast and plays well.

FM08 looks as if it can really move it on even more.

For me one of the best new features is the ability to make a first team player available for the reserves.

Also, think the facegen is really good idea.

Thanks roll on Xmas

Yeah thas great for the transfer cuz i did struggle when i manage small team!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast