FM2008 - Manchester City- Sven's Revolution (8.02)

coolbananas

Mcfc.png

Manchester City Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Manchester. They are currently members of the English Premier League.

Originally formed in 1880 as St. Marks (West Gorton), they then became Ardwick A.F.C. in 1887 before changing their name to Manchester City F.C. in 1894. The club has won the League Championship twice, the FA Cup four times, the League Cup twice and the European Cup Winners Cup once. The club's most successful period was during the late 1960s and early 1970s, when they won several major trophies under the management team of Joe Mercer and his assistant Malcolm Allison, and with great players such as Colin Bell and Francis Lee.

However, the club has not won a major honour since 1976. The club's decline led to relegation twice in three years in the 1990s, meaning they spent one year in the third tier of English football. However, the club has since regained Premier League status, putting City back in the top flight, the division in which they have spent the majority of their history.

Management Team:

Sven-Goran Eriksson (Manager)

Hans Backe (Assistant)

Derek Fazackerley (First Team Coach)

Tord Grip (1st Team Coach)

Eric Steele (Goalkeeping Coach)

The Board:

Chairman - Thaksin Shinawatra

Current Squad:

No. Position Player

1 GK Andreas Isaksson

2 DF Micah Richards (vice-captain)

3 DF Michael Ball

4 DF Nedum Onuoha

6 MF Michael Johnson

7 MF Stephen Ireland

8 MF Geovanni

9 FW Émile Mpenza

11 MF Elano

12 FW Darius Vassell

15 MF Martin Petrov

16 DF Vedran Ćorluka

17 DF Sun Jihai

19 GK Kasper Schmeichel

20 FW Felipe Caicedo

21 MF Dietmar Hamann

22 DF Richard Dunne (captain)

24 DF Javier Garrido

25 GK Joe Hart

27 FW Benjani Mwaruwari

28 MF Gelson Fernandes

29 FW Valeri Bojinov

30 MF Nery Castillo (on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk)

36 FW Daniel Sturridge

37 MF Kelvin Etuhu

38 DF Shaleum Logan

Players Out On Loan:

No. Position Player

10 FW Rolando Bianchi (on loan to Lazio)

14 FW Paul Dickov (on loan to Blackpool)

18 DF Danny Mills (on loan to Derby County)

26 DF Matthew Mills (on loan to Doncaster Rovers)

33 FW Ched Evans (on loan to Norwich City)

–– FW Bernardo Corradi (on loan to Parma)

–– FW Georgios Samaras (on loan to Celtic)

Transfer Budget:

Mid Table Finish = £37 million

Gets bigger with expectation up to £67-68 million for winner of the Premier League.

Can You Bring The long awaited Premier League Title to City - With the revamped squad and Thaksin Shinawatra's millions im sure you'll be giving it a damn good go!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some f the players ive bought in are: Vdv - 18 million, arshavin - 9 million, kompany - 16 millionish and huntelaar 15 million got something like 1.4 million left and so will probs unload in the january sales or wait till the summer.

Im just using a 4-4-2 with different instrutions for different like high pressure for opening part of game and ultra defensive for last 10mins if i have lead. i downloaded them off the tactics forums think they were called beautiful football for Barcelona and they came in pack of about 12 seperate tactics.

oh and veloso wont come to City icon_frown.gif

any other ideas?

i just posted this in the other man city thread, didnt realise there were another one..... anyway heres wot i posted....

hello good people. decided to start a game with man city ( the first time ive ever done so ever ) Wink

just wonderin what players i should go for, ive shortlisted sakho and saivet for the future, but unfortunately they wont come yet, but ill keep tryin to convince them that man city is the team to be at, anyway ive added danny simpson as a loanee so far, otherwise nothings changed

i have 50 million to spend, altho that will go down to 45 million, cus ive just agreed a deal for matiaz fernandez

im using patch 8.02

Sorry for late post Went To bed

Heres the tactic im using cant find somewhere to upload folder to so i'll put up the one im using:

http://rapidshare.com/files/92808855/_1_4-4-2_High_Pressure.tac.html

Hope this helps.

by the way Benjani Is Shi*, I play Felipe Caicedo(Beast in Front of Goal) and Klaas Jan Huntelaar (sp?) upfront and them to are banging them in!

hes out on loan at Levante. Benjani, Bojinov and Huntelaar are brilliant with Stancu as back up ill play Caicedo next season i reckon,

just beat Chelsea 4-2! away came back from 2-0 down.

Richards now has 12 in 17 and elano 18 assists in 17 games! amazing! bit annoying that it happens for everyone would be nice if it was a one off! ha

recently started a game as man city with the new patch.

have got a pretty decent team on paper but cant stop conceding goals.

As pointed out a new goalkeeper is a must but i cant sign anyone for love nor money. pompey wont accept 10mil for david james and i was so desperate i bid for sorenson and vill wanted 14 mil. i know you get alot of money to start but i dont want to play over the odds for players. Had a deal for ocha (sp) all sorted and he couldnt get a work permit. will perhaps start a new game and try and sign some of the ones you have suggested.

also i agree caicedo is very good. played him as a target man with elano playing off him and it worked well. just need to sort out the defence/goalkeeper and it should be a good game.

Man City Are just amazing,

Coming up to december topping the table by 3 points and haven't lost yet.

Best result so far:

mancitybestresultdl7.png

Team Just run Chelsea all over the place with Caicedo leading the way by getting 3 and 61st min sub Huntelaar getting 1.

So far So good, keep everyone informed.

Originally posted by dexta200:

scr114da1d7iz0.th.jpg

Started a new game last night. currently 3rd after 10 games 7 behind Chelsea though. Micah currently my top scorer!! but Elano is an actual genius! loving it at the moment!! proper enjoyment!

when michael johnson's back, do you put him as the banega position or elano position?

So I just started a game with city and i'm on 2º

Chelsea just don't lose but i had 80 million euros to spend and i bring aguero and fernandez

my team is:

GK:hart

DR:micah

DL:garrido

DC:dunne/corluka

MD:hamann/gelson

MC:johnson

AMC:elano/fernandez

AMLicon_razz.gifetrov/castillo

AMR:fernandez/bojinov

FC:aguero/ caicedo

And i am scoring lots of goals from corners icon_wink.gif