people selling the demo on ebay

Bugger. Was gonna report it, but have to sign in, can't remember what my log in details in, haven't bought anything off eBay for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Still if someone's daft enough to buy it, when it's clearly available for free, that's up to them.

Edit:-

Rekluse: Problem is mate, it infringes on copyright law, almost as bad as piracy.

Some people don't have an internet connection to download it, but can use ebay to purchase it. Same reason people pay for cd's containing free kits/pics/logos etc.

Lmao someone's thick. If they don't have an internet connection.. then how can they go on Ebay?!

Reported it as well. eBay have a category for this: if you press Report this item (at bottom of listing) and choose: Counterfeits and breach of copyright --> Other potential infringement --> Beta software, test software, or evaluation software, it fits this perfectly.

I hate people like this on eBay. Yes, someone is stupid enough to buy it, but maybe they are just incredibly naiive about these things. :(

I think there is definitely some thick people in this thread but I don't think I am one of them...what I said was people that didn't have an internet connection to download it. Doesn't mean they don't have the ability to use ebay. Can be from work, school, from their phone, a friends or parents house, slow connection, many reasons for that.

I'm not saying that its right, and definitely is illegal, I'm simply stating these are some reasons people will actually pay for it.

Not every library I have been to allows you to use USB sticks.

Nice try but you don't quite manage to humiliate the guy on this occasion for raising a sensible point....

I didn't try to humiliate anyone tbh; read my posts again.

Can't say i'm too bothered.

People can say they're breaking the law etc etc... but I ****ing hate moralisers.

Everyone above the age of 12 have probably broken the law at some point. I had one guy on another forum preaching how bad downloading games is and then admits to downloading music for free. The hypocrisy with some people is laughable.

I will not be divulging my opinon on piracy/downloading music free :)

Everyone above the age of 12 have probably broken the law at some point. I had one guy on another forum preaching how bad downloading games is and then admits to downloading music for free. The hypocrisy with some people is laughable.

It happened on here the other day and nothing happened to the user in question. Its slightly more annoying for me, as musical piracy takes food off my table in the same way that gaming piracy takes food away from SI's.

How do they get onto eBay then?

I'm at work right now and I can get on ebay and buy whatever I like, but I couldn't download and play the FM demo. I could even get on my phone and get on ebay. Just because an internet connection allows someone to get onto ebay doesn't mean they can use that connection to download or play the demo.

Well ive bought a copy and look forward to finally playing the demo on wednesday!

Dont know why i didnt look on ebay sooner, could have had it by now!

How could you have had it by now? The first it could have been posted out to you was today...

Can't say i'm too bothered.

People can say they're breaking the law etc etc... but I ****ing hate moralisers.

I will not be divulging my opinon on piracy/downloading music free :)

And I "****ing" hate people without morals. Or people who think that stealing, piracy, copyright evasion, etc is acceptable. The cheek of some people who think that stealing is acceptable is laughable.

Anyway, from eBay:

This listing (260309798845) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Good.

i dont see a problem here as long it is clear that it is a demo.

people sell the full game so dont see how its different?

Making money from someone elses work, but the only people hurt by this (since SI doesn't make any money from the demo) is the people who legitimately want a demo copy and are unable to download it to their gaming PC themselves.

Perhaps in the future SI should offer the demo via postal mail for a shipping and handling fee + small fee for the CD.

Making money from someone elses work, but the only people hurt by this (since SI doesn't make any money from the demo) is the people who legitimately want a demo copy and are unable to download it to their gaming PC themselves.

Perhaps in the future SI should offer the demo via postal mail for a shipping and handling fee + small fee for the CD.

making money from other peoples work :D :D :D - welcome to capitalism my friend.

Archived