Kits on the Match Screen?

Eduardo

Why would they do that? That made the match screen look realy professional and added to the realism of the game. The new kits in the game are terrible and I think they are causing the game to crash as evry time I go to the infomation screen if I move from one team to another it crashes when reloading the new kits.

Let hope some of the graphics experts come up with better kits that the ones in the game and they find a way of showing them on the match screen. This years release is such a roller coaster. Great new features, but terrible bugs and crashes. I guess I just need to be patient, but I expected the gold demo to not be so error ridden. Figgers crossed they fix some of the major problems soon.

• SI Staff

Having 3D kits on the match screen caused some severe issues with the game so we had to change them to logos. They were conflicting with the kits used in the 3D match.

Having 3D kits on the match screen caused some severe issues with the game so we had to change them to logos. They were conflicting with the kits used in the 3D match.

Is there any chance that we can get the option to have kits on the match screen in 2d mode only - Don't like the 3d anyway

• SI Staff

I know it's not ideal guys but it's the only thing we could do to ensure the game would have no conflicts on match day with the kits.

It should be possible to skin it so that 2D kits are displayed on the match screen. I've certainly asked for this functionality to remain. If I get a chance I'll have a look at creating a small skin that will put 2D kits back where they were in FM 2008 if people want that. It should certainly be possible although I've not tried it yet.

I know it's not ideal guys but it's the only thing we could do to ensure the game would have no conflicts on match day with the kits.

It should be possible to skin it so that 2D kits are displayed on the match screen. I've certainly asked for this functionality to remain. If I get a chance I'll have a look at creating a small skin that will put 2D kits back where they were in FM 2008 if people want that. It should certainly be possible although I've not tried it yet.

Please do. I have no intention of using 3d at all in the game as it looks crap so such a shame 3d funtionality for the kits has this issue.

The kits on the club info screen don't look as professional as they have done in past versions. The outlines on some of them are blurred, some are not as detailed as they should be and a lot of the logos are stretched. I like Southend's new kits and was looking forward to seeing the replicated well in the game, but they're not as good as I thought they would be :(

I am sure that there are thousands that will welcome the return of kits on the matchday screen. I also have no intention of using the 3d match display - The game has never needed it previous years - it has always been THE text based gameplay that is the challenge, enhanced by the many talented people adding their graphical talents to the skinning and presentation. As a first generation gamer - I go back to the ZX Spectrum and I do remember the original Kevin Toms football manager, don't spoil a great game, I still enjoy it immensley, and so do my sons. Don't submit to commercial pressure with graphics. If we want to play graphical games, we go on the Playstation or the Xbox or the Wii - That's what they're for. Put the game back to the people, not the corporation. It's in danger of becoming another CM4!!!!

Please do. I have no intention of using 3d at all in the game as it looks crap so such a shame 3d funtionality for the kits has this issue.

The kits in 3D dont need to be as detailed as they are in the info screen. You cant make them out anyway. They have went to what ever length to add sponsors to the kits and I dont think any views show them, I could see the point if it had an action camera or something similar that took you close to the action.

Sensible soccer style kits (with the plain strips) are all that was needed for the 3D kits.

• SI Staff
I am sure that there are thousands that will welcome the return of kits on the matchday screen. I also have no intention of using the 3d match display - The game has never needed it previous years - it has always been THE text based gameplay that is the challenge, enhanced by the many talented people adding their graphical talents to the skinning and presentation. As a first generation gamer - I go back to the ZX Spectrum and I do remember the original Kevin Toms football manager, don't spoil a great game, I still enjoy it immensley, and so do my sons. Don't submit to commercial pressure with graphics. If we want to play graphical games, we go on the Playstation or the Xbox or the Wii - That's what they're for. Put the game back to the people, not the corporation. It's in danger of becoming another CM4!!!!

The idea was to have one kit texture that would be displayed where kits were displayed before (Team Information screen, Add Manager screen and Match Overview screen) and used in the 3D match view.

Unfortunately there were some technical issues displaying this stuff anywhere but on the team information screen.

There is no commercial pressure or anything like that. It's a decision we make as a team and were happy to try out the 3D kit stuff. I've made sure that the 2D support is still in there for those who prefer that so ultimately there will be a choice.

The idea was to have one kit texture that would be displayed where kits were displayed before (Team Information screen, Add Manager screen and Match Overview screen) and used in the 3D match view.

Unfortunately there were some technical issues displaying this stuff anywhere but on the team information screen.

There is no commercial pressure or anything like that. It's a decision we make as a team and were happy to try out the 3D kit stuff. I've made sure that the 2D support is still in there for those who prefer that so ultimately there will be a choice.

Ter....That looks like almost good news, will it be up and running in the patch that will be available for download with the game release? Keep up the good work, we're all football fans first and foremost, that's what makes FM the game it is.

• SI Staff

I doubt the issues are anything that can be overcome in a patch as it has to do with rendering layers (or something like that) and sounds like it's a more complicated change when I asked about it.

Like I said before though, it should be fairly easy to create a skin that will remove the 3D kits and put the 2D kits back where they were in FM 2008.

Good idea. I noticed that team colours were sometimes changed to suit clashes, the kits don't work well when that happens as there are more kit combinations than just home and away.

Good call :thup:

How come some colors clash for no reason? I mean, Inter is presented in black and white in the game, it's ridiculous. The bla´ck and blue combo has never been a problem visibly in previous games.

Good idea. I noticed that team colours were sometimes changed to suit clashes, the kits don't work well when that happens as there are more kit combinations than just home and away.

Good call :thup:

Do you have news regarding this situation, Ter? I know that people already found out how to keep 3d kits from showing on the Info Screen, however to replace the logos for kits is still out of our reach!

HI to all..at the begin sorry for my english ,i'm italian .

I would like to know how add new kits template at the game..because I have see that the kits showed in the "information" panel then will be showed in the 3d match. Infact if a team has a original kit , this will be used in the match. It's a fantastic stuff , but I want to add another kits into the game. Where I put the templates , in what folder?

Hi Guys.

Ter I must apologise, but i have to agree with oldbloke.

I mean that this game was text based game, with description, when had the 2D I really enjoy it and saw the potential of the 3D, but if there was an issue between the 2D Kit and the 3D kit, I would probably postpone the 3D, due to this functionality, because by deciding this you simply threw away an endless of hours of fan work (which they don't get paid to do this) to create this kits out the window.

If I was one of them, I would even consider do anything for FM, because In my mind I would consider if it was time wasting or not.

Hi Guys.

Ter I must apologise, but i have to agree with oldbloke.

I mean that this game was text based game, with description, when had the 2D I really enjoy it and saw the potential of the 3D, but if there was an issue between the 2D Kit and the 3D kit, I would probably postpone the 3D, due to this functionality, because by deciding this you simply threw away an endless of hours of fan work (which they don't get paid to do this) to create this kits out the window.

If I was one of them, I would even consider do anything for FM, because In my mind I would consider if it was time wasting or not.

I agree 100%. You just completely ingnored the kitmaker community.

OK, sadly it would seem that there isn't a skinning fix to get 2D kits back on the match screen.

So as not to have a slew of angry comments I'm going to close this thread for the minute. If anything happens in this regard then I'll reopen this thread with the new info. Until then you can enable 2D kits on the team information screen should you wish:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63488

Archived