Disaster!

I am an old football manager player and I cant understand that someone can put demo game like this. The demo is disaster. You have the whole year to prepare the game and you cant do it whitout so many mistakes. Maybe I am too critical but it is because I want the game to be near perfect. And this demo is terrible. As i sad, I am old player and I will buy the game, but who will buy the game after such demo. And after they buy game, they need to wait for patch. When you test the game didnt you notice all mistakes and bugs? Why didnt you postponed demo? I am a deeply dissapointed. Please, can somebody explain me how its possible to make the demo with so many mistakes? Thank you.

Please try and give SI an idea at why you think it's a disaster.

Honestly?

Because they have gone against everything they have said since day one, they have alienated many players, mainly for the pull of the new players who will be drawn in by the 3D.

I wouldn't have a problem if they kept to their promises, that 2D would work, if 3D didn't. It doesn't. It's jerky.

the reason they put the game out every year full of bugs is because they have money to make. They release the game towards the Holidays for big christmas sales and theres not much competition in form of PC games. If they delayed the game to fix the bugs they lose money. The sad truth is every year SI make more money with a timely broken game than with a badly timed working game.

People ASKED for 3D and are now bitching because it won't work for them. That's hardly SI's fault.

I think you will find, pre announcement it was a fairly split decision.

SI have said in years gone by that 3D would "ruin" the game, it seems they were quite right.

Why it's a disaster.

1) Theeee ttteexxttt bugggg we all found the first time we tried to type something.

2) The incredible amount of injuries that is a permanent flaw in all new versions of FM.

3) Players still dwelling on the ball for an inordinate amount of time.

4) Keepers standing and punching almost everything and hardly ever wanting to dive.

5) Keepers with magnetic hands.

6) The game still doesn't remember we have split view.

7) If I'm on the 3D view and change tactics, when those changes get implemented the game forgets to go back to the normal view so I get stuck looking at an unchanging pitch until the next highlight.

8) Typos in some text strings.

9) Duplicate text strings.

10) International news is still in a bubble. Apparently Modric is "out in the cold as the highest profile player dropped from Bilics squad" despite the fact he's got a 2 month injury and couldn't be picked if he wanted to be (see #2).

Do you need any more? These are only the ones of the top of my head I've spotted in a couple of hours play.

VB

As has been stated, you should point out why you say the demo is a disaster, it clearly isn't ! I've been playing it since 10.30PM last night and after a sleep I am playing it again. Haven't found a problem yet, apart from a white Jermaine Beckford. I had a few injuries to start with in the early games, that seems to have settled down now. Teams do have spells where they get injuries, its called realism.

If the match highlights are jerky then its your hardware, not the game. The highlights , 3D or 2D are fine

The first post here says nothing about why he thinks it is a disaster. SI will be justified in ignoring this post as it gives them no details at all. If you want them to take your problem seriously then detail what the problems are, what hardware you are using etc. Then they may be able to help

the reason they put the game out every year full of bugs is because they have money to make. They release the game towards the Holidays for big christmas sales and theres not much competition in form of PC games. If they delayed the game to fix the bugs they lose money. The sad truth is every year SI make more money with a timely broken game than with a badly timed working game.

That is a bit harsh!

I have no problem with 3d. But, I honestly think that typing bug and bug with injuries is something than cant happen such a famous game like Football Manager. When they tested the game, they saw typing bug!? I cant undestand that

As i sad, I am old player and I will buy the game, but who will buy the game after such demo.

Apparently, you will still buy it.

I haven't got far in the demo yet but if it is terrible, then I won't buy it. Until Fm08 I bought FM without question but this year I will judge on the demo if I want to buy it or not.

ive got to agree with first post,well sort of i dont think its a disaster but just imagine if we had bought this as the proper release,i love fm but come on the demo as allsorts of problems not been able to install for some people is just the start,mine installed fine but the bugs are shocking and like wots been said how can they of been missesd when thery stand out so much

Demo is a disaster because the stupid thing just freezes every 2 seconds if you try and run it in windowed mode for some people, while for others it freezes if you run it in fullscreen.

Once again SI completely fail at properly testing their game.

It's an unmitigated disaster. The gammee isss ridddleed witth prroobblemss (the text bug being one of them). Oh, and then we have the laughable new and improved "transfer system" as far as I can see it's not changed at all. I'm still being forced to pay £30 million for decent/average players, whereas AI is offering a pittance for my players. Then we have the injuries, which just kills the game really, as where's the enjoyment seeing you first team/new signing decimated within two games of the season. It's also clear that many people are having technical issues, with regards to system specs, which is completly unheard of in FM games. As it stands this game needs a lot of polishing before I even consider parting with my cash.

. I had a few injuries to start with in the early games, that seems to have settled down now. Teams do have spells where they get injuries, its called realism.

No its called a bug that SI are now investigating. I do like the demo but it has been acknowledged this is a problem.

I was able to d/l the demo fine, but im having loads of problems with the game. My computer easily meets the system requirements but on three occasions the game has completely crashed on me and restarted my computer. I was able to run the 3d ok, and i thought it was pretty good, but a bit laggy. I assume the crash wont happen in the box version. Also as mentioned by everyone, i have been averaging an injury or two a game. I just want to be able to play the game without it crashing on me! never had a problem in the past. I will still buy the game, and i assume all the bugs will be fixed in the first patch, so im still hopeful.

I was able to d/l the demo fine, but im having loads of problems with the game. My computer easily meets the system requirements but on three occasions the game has completely crashed on me and restarted my computer.

The best thing you can do about this is post in the Bugs forum, giving as much detail as you can on your system and when the crash happened.

I was able to d/l the demo fine, but im having loads of problems with the game. My computer easily meets the system requirements but on three occasions the game has completely crashed on me and restarted my computer. I was able to run the 3d ok, and i thought it was pretty good, but a bit laggy. I assume the crash wont happen in the box version. Also as mentioned by everyone, i have been averaging an injury or two a game. I just want to be able to play the game without it crashing on me! never had a problem in the past. I will still buy the game, and i assume all the bugs will be fixed in the first patch, so im still hopeful.

Dont buy it until after the first patch has been released. FM always goes like this:

Boxed version = Buggy

First patch = Fixes bugs but adds new ones

Second patch = Game is now up to release standard.

I've only had one injury in 6 matches and it was a slight knock. As of yet I can't see why this is such a disaster. Ok, there are a few issues, like players dwelling on the ball when there are easy and obvious passes all around them but get tackled instead, though I suppose the old 'its your tactics' argument covers that issue. Can't complain about 3D cause my computer is old and not upto spec, but it runs at a playable performance. Being Leicester, I cant really assess the transfer system. Really, I think the way Miles and the team have marketed the game, people are expecting perfection, but Miles also made the point that no game is released completely bug free.

And people say that SI are going to alienate fans with a poor demo, but then they would say exactly the same thing if they delayed the release of the game until Jan, Feb next year.

One concern though is that a few people have noticed that Man City are buying the same players in each others games, which I thought was something that was fixed in the new transfer code. Still it is only a demo and hard to judge the changes unless you have a good two seasons game time

I've only had one injury in 6 matches and it was a slight knock. As of yet I can't see why this is such a disaster. Ok, there are a few issues, like players dwelling on the ball when there are easy and obvious passes all around them but get tackled instead, though I suppose the old 'its your tactics' argument covers that issue. Can't complain about 3D cause my computer is old and not upto spec, but it runs at a playable performance. Being Leicester, I cant really assess the transfer system. Really, I think the way Miles and the team have marketed the game, people are expecting perfection, but Miles also made the point that no game is released completely bug free.

And people say that SI are going to alienate fans with a poor demo, but then they would say exactly the same thing if they delayed the release of the game until Jan, Feb next year.

One concern though is that a few people have noticed that Man City are buying the same players in each others games, which I thought was something that was fixed in the new transfer code. Still it is only a demo and hard to judge the changes unless you have a good two seasons game time

Check out the bugs forum as to why its a disaster, there are many of us with high end specs that can't play the game because it doesn't work!

Ok, there are a few issues, like players dwelling on the ball when there are easy and obvious passes all around them but get tackled instead, though I suppose the old 'its your tactics' argument covers that issue.

Please point me in the direction of the "pass the damn ball" slider.

The demo experience has completely put me off the game! I can't even install it and I think SI have sold out, they have chased the money rather than staying true to their loyal fanbase and it is completely disgusting.

Don't knock the demo. The only problems are the text bug found. Press conferences are excellent addition along with 3d. SI can't help it if it doesn't work on a few systems. Mine is a fairly old comp but runs 3D smoothly. I will be getting 09 as soon as.

Yws, 3d system is great and all other staff. But problem with injuries is not something new. It has been in older version too. What are they doing!? it can happen once, but again and again!!! Its not normal that we must wait for the patch, and then play the game! As longer I play, I am more dissapointed. And once again, i ask someone from SiGames, can you explain us this mistakes and bugs? How can this happen if you tested the game? Who is in charge for this? I think that all of us are big fans of the game but because of that we are not stupid!

I got two or three injuries in first couple of friendlies but after that the injuries settled down. double typing text bug isn't that bad, probably easily fixable and I don't think there is much typing involved in FM anyway. I did just crash for no reason though with error message saying "array access out of bounds" after I had a bid accepted for an argentinian player and hit offer contract button.

I am an old football manager player and I cant understand that someone can put demo game like this. The demo is disaster. You have the whole year to prepare the game and you cant do it whitout so many mistakes. Maybe I am too critical but it is because I want the game to be near perfect. And this demo is terrible. As i sad, I am old player and I will buy the game, but who will buy the game after such demo. And after they buy game, they need to wait for patch. When you test the game didnt you notice all mistakes and bugs? Why didnt you postponed demo? I am a deeply dissapointed. Please, can somebody explain me how its possible to make the demo with so many mistakes? Thank you.

Since you are an old FM player, you should know that this is always the case with demos. Be patient and buy the game after a couple of patches.:D

I had 5 injuries even before I kicked off for the start of the season. In large part this could have been due to my training sessions and the way I play which is very aggressive. I immediately tuned my training injuries and started rotating my squad massively taking off players who had minor knocks. One of my preseason buys kept losing match fitness which probably was due to the fact that he joined us relatively late. However we've now reached November and I only have 2 long term injuries, most of my players are now 95% fit or better.

The text bug is annoying, but it isn't a game breaker for me, at first I thought too many players were standing around, and then I adjusted my tactics, now they are zipping around the pitch like little bees and the movement off the ball is definitely a joy to watch. If I can get away playing a wide 4231 with Newcastle and beat sides 3-1 and come back from 2 goals down then we must be doing something right.

I do agree that the graphics appear jerky on my larger monitors yes. However when I drop my resolution to 1280 the jerkiness stops. I meddled with my graphic settings and discovered that some settings yield the black pitch some people are seeing, however that doesn't seem to happen to me and my 5 year old laptop.

Crashes caused by access arrays are unfortunate and should be reported in the appropriate forums, and I'm fairly sure the devs will be disappointed if people do not enjoy the demo. All games advance on the market and with that the requirements for pcs do go up. Updating RAM and ensuring that your graphics cards are updated should be paramount. Having said that there are plenty of people around who will try and help.

At least you guys can open it. I have managed once. On the other occasions:

15 or so and the waiting box just disappears after a few seconds. Nothing else happens.

5 or so and my lap top just hangs.

On the 1 occasion that I did open it, I plyed for about 3 hours. The 3D is attrocious. It makes the 2D from 08 look intelligent. I am really regretting pre-ordering now. Should have waited until Feb!

Why it's a disaster.

1) Theeee ttteexxttt bugggg we all found the first time we tried to type something. (It's a bit annoying but honestly it doesn't interfere with the game that much)

2) The incredible amount of injuries that is a permanent flaw in all new versions of FM. (I'll give you this)

3) Players still dwelling on the ball for an inordinate amount of time. (It's like a second or two, you can barley notice it)

4) Keepers standing and punching almost everything and hardly ever wanting to dive. (I'll give you this, however it's not THAT big of a deal, it needs to be fixed ASAP but it does not ruin the game)

5) Keepers with magnetic hands.(see #4)

6) The game still doesn't remember we have split view. (Again not a big deal, can be easily fixed with a patch which BTW is coming out on release day so you should thank SI who are nice enough to release a patch right away rather than having to wait a long time)

7) If I'm on the 3D view and change tactics, when those changes get implemented the game forgets to go back to the normal view so I get stuck looking at an unchanging pitch until the next highlight. (Wow...you will find anything wrong with the game :rolleyes:)

8) Typos in some text strings. (OMG!! THERE'S A TYPO IN THE GAME!! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!?! )

9) Duplicate text strings.(minor, see #8)

10) International news is still in a bubble. Apparently Modric is "out in the cold as the highest profile player dropped from Bilics squad" despite the fact he's got a 2 month injury and couldn't be picked if he wanted to be (see #2). (True it's wrong and it should have been fixed but this is so minor it's not even an issue worth discussing)

Do you need any more? These are only the ones of the top of my head I've spotted in a couple of hours play.

VB

Bring on the next batch! :rolleyes:

The only valid point you have is #2 and PARTLY 4 and 5 and point #2 will be fixed in the patch.

Sigh.

1) Doesn't interfere. Apart from any time you want to search for someone. Any time you want to keep a note. And any time you want to use the new press conference feature. Yeah doesn't affect it at all.

2) How generous of you.

3) A second or two IRL maybe. But actually ten seconds of game time. Regularly enough that the ball gets stolen. And it was a problem in 08 too.

4) Not that big a deal that your keepers don't catch the ball? Do you need a lesson in football basics? Keepers, keep. Shocking I know.

5) No. Magnetic hands as in they catch a ball that isn't actually within their reach. So it's supergoalies or at the very minimum an artificial way to keep scores down.

6) It wont be fixed in a patch. It's been a problem for the last two games. Yeah it might not seem a big issue but one extra click EVERY SINGLE MATCH soon adds up and gets wearing. RSI anyone.

7) That's not a tiny issue. When I'm stuck looking at a pitch doing nothing I'm NOT looking at the player ratings/morale etc on the split view. Then I click the split view and a highlight happens so now the game is going at one mph whilst I miss the pitch. So I have to click the pitch. Repeat to fade.

8) WE'RE GONNA EXPECT PROFESSIONALISM FROM PEOPLE WHOS WAGES WE PAY!

9) Minor, but again unprofessional. If they get a simple text string wrong, no wonder the code is so buggy.

10) Minor? Media being fixed is one of the key selling points in this game. Why bother to have a shock horror headline about something that is completely basic. Is player injured? If yes, ignore.

So bring on your next batch of apologist rebuttals. Kthxbye.

As a demo I expect a few mistakes but some of the basic mistakes and bugs in this game are unforigveable even for a demo, injuries etc make it completely unplayable IMO.

Regards the 3D pitch, I have long been on FM forums and I can never remember a massive demand for it, I didn't want it. I just wanted a more expansive game in regards to media, player relationships and tactics.

I,like most of the people I know and interact with on forums couldn't give a rats ass about a 3D pitch, so why waste the entire year on it and **** up everything else!!!

They wouldn't have gone with 3D in my opinion if they hadn't got wind of a certain rival game running with it. They wouldn't want a reason for you to buy another product because a rival had a feature that they did not have (a feature that would sway you from buying their product).

That simply isn't true. SI have been working on some form of 3D engine for 3 years.

Also, the engine is *****, the amount of stupid goals I have conceded, the amount of times players stand still while a long ball is punted through the middle, the amount of stupid runs players make and the amount of runs they don't make.

Somehow they even managed to **** up the 2D pitch,it's just too small and scrappy, it's almost an afterthought.

If you can't get the 3D right, you would think they would make sure the 2D is decent

The text bug is very annoying and something I hope is addressed as I search by names and even when typing my manager name it is annoying to have to keep deleting.

The injuries isn't so bad. I think PaulC on the injury thread mentioned that it has a lot to do with player condition which is obviously low in pre-season which is why we've seen a lot of injuries early doors. FWIW I'm further into my game and the 9 odd injuries I had at then beginning have levelled out to just the 4 (and 2 are orange). The one thing I would say is the length of injuries needs to be looked at. The balance was better struck in 8.0.2 I think and 1 month out for a twisted ankle is far too excessive in my opinion.

The other issues seem to be with the 3d pitch which I'm willing to give leeway on because it's new. With regards to the 3d pitch and split view. I've had widgets on and they seem to update during the match so I can watch those while the pitch is blank.

Archived