my housemate sam

back when i was playing fm2007 my frind sam was still playing fm2006, nothing wrong with that. he was chelsea, and not content with being one of the best clubs on the game, he created 2 players with ca and pa of 200. this annoyed me greatly and he would rub it in even further by telling me of his so called great achievements of a treble here a double there etc to which i replied "those achievements wont stand up in any conversation with any true fm player" I finally persuade him to play fm2008 and what does sam do?? he creates 3 players with ca and pa of 200 and puts them at man utd and takes over. I told him i was gonna put it on the si forum and let u tell him what u think. maybe get him to play a serious game.

come on lads help me out by talkin down to this cheat.

the biggest cheat ive ever heard of.

back when i was playing fm2007 my frind sam was still playing fm2006, nothing wrong with that. he was chelsea, and not content with being one of the best clubs on the game, he created 2 players with ca and pa of 200. this annoyed me greatly and he would rub it in even further by telling me of his so called great achievements of a treble here a double there etc to which i replied "those achievements wont stand up in any conversation with any true fm player" I finally persuade him to play fm2008 and what does sam do?? he creates 3 players with ca and pa of 200 and puts them at man utd and takes over. I told him i was gonna put it on the si forum and let u tell him what u think. maybe get him to play a serious game.

the biggest cheat ive ever heard of.

The thing is he bought the game so he can play it however he wants IMO.

That being said the bragging about success when he has cheated is poor form, shame on you Sam whoever you are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Beat him to death. Then he'll never do it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A tad extreme I think. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

A tad extreme I think. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok if beating to death is extreme how about beating him half to death!?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

A tad extreme I think. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok if beating to death is extreme how about beating him half to death!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that seems just about fair. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bhawk:

back when i was playing fm2007 my frind sam was still playing fm2006... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems Sam is as good at FM as you are at typing.

Guest Coomesy

I also live with SAM, and in the Bhawks defence i am sick and tired of his bragging and ridiculus comments with regarsd to winning. I think he is wrong and possibly even sick in the head! There is no point in cheating people, its just not worth it!

Sam what have you really achieved? Your playing as chelsea or Man U with 3 players that are world class. You have achieved nothing.

Take over an avergae club say sheffield, average money and good players. Then see what can do WITHOUT CHEATING. If you managed to bring them up and do the treble then brag about it. Otherwise shut the **** up. More **** coming out of your month then your arse.

sam or bhawk or whoever you are, you are a bold bold boy!

If I were you I would intefere with his game and give his players a nasty recurring injury that should effectively end their careers.

Then I would give sam a boot in the anus icon_smile.gif

it gets worse, sam played liverpool and lost leaving him trailing in the league then miraculously his game had to be restarted for some reason (without saving) he then started again and beat liverpool.

Not only a cheat but an absolute idiot.

seems he cant even win when cheating so he has to double cheat.

To the OP: it sounds like there are two separate issues.

On the first, I think he has every right to do whatever he wants to increase his enjoyment of the game, and if that means creating some wonderplayers for his favourite team, or bankrupting his hated rivals, or whatever, that's fine with me. He paid for it, its his to do with as he will.

Where he crosses the line IMO would be in bragging about it to you: if you're an LLM, your F.A. Trophy win may have been more challenging than his Champions League win, if you were playing the game "honestly" and he wasn't.

However, in his mind he may not be bragging .. he might be excitedly babbling about his FM adventures, the way we all tend to do if we find a sympathetic ear. If the game is thrilling and exciting us, its only natural to share that enthusiasm with a friend. Brother. Wife. Housemate. Dog. Whomever. icon_wink.gif

You're the only one who can judge between those two, which action he thinks he's taking.

If its the latter, I'd say, enjoy, and call in the marker whenever you're excited about your own game. icon_biggrin.gif

If its the former, then you're well within your rights to say "Yeah, well, I'm playing with the original DB," or "I'm playing by LLaMa rules, talk to me when you are too."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stutch:

Does turning injuries off in the editor count at cheating? For me cheating is having an unfair advantage over other teams.

Any response would be good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would u feel better if i say no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo-spurs:

Tell him to play with Newport County for 10 seasons , without cheating !!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did in fm2005, fm2006 and fm2007 icon_razz.gif

And now with Merthyr Tydfil, even harder!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stutch:

Does turning injuries off in the editor count at cheating? For me cheating is having an unfair advantage over other teams.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not that cheating's bad. I remember about 10 years ago on CM97/98 I created a whole team of wonderkids at Leyton Orient. My, how we rose through the ranks of the old Division 3 until Champions League glory some years later. Those were the days.

Unfortunately I didn't think far ahead and despite winning a shedload of cash eventually I had to renew the contracts. And the ungrateful scamps weren't willing to stay on the £100 a week anymore. In the end the club ran out of money, players left and the club couldn't maintain its success, eventually falling back to Division 2.

A sad tale really and not particularly relevant to the thread really....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobbaW:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not that cheating's bad. I remember about 10 years ago on CM97/98 I created a whole team of wonderkids at Leyton Orient. My, how we rose through the ranks of the old Division 3 until Champions League glory some years later. Those were the days.

Unfortunately I didn't think far ahead and despite winning a shedload of cash eventually I had to renew the contracts. And the ungrateful scamps weren't willing to stay on the £100 a week anymore. In the end the club ran out of money, players left and the club couldn't maintain its success, eventually falling back to Division 2.

A sad tale really and not particularly relevant to the thread really.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours is the only post of any interest thus far mate.

I have no idea what problem you could have to show Sam that his "style" is doubtful.

Just start laughing whenever he opens his mouth, the possibility that he wanted to say something that desevered a big laughter should be pretty much near 100% :p

Pay attention because i have a bit of experience with dealing out punishment to cobhead housemates.

Simply have a poo in his bed, stick a little note to it using one of those corkboard pins (i find they work the best) saying "i just chopped timber in your bed, now thats an acheivement" then pull the covers back over.

If its his house he will kick you out, meaning you take your copy of FM with you, or he will leave because he thinks your the second most disguting thing on earth behind Fifa manager players. Then you can play FM in peace.

Try it youself

*in my best Neil Buchanan voice*

all good suggestions but sam still cheats and we have read all the posts in this thread to him while he is playing his cheat game in the next room.

We need more dark sinister things to read out to sam about why he shouldnt cheat.

come on lads i know you can do it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bhawk:

back when i was playing fm2007 my frind sam was still playing fm2006... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems Sam is as good at FM as you are at typing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

!!OMG!! He missed one little letter in a whole sentance and forgot to caps an I,call the coastgaurd!!

Either that go be a proof reader for the Oxford English Dictionary you sad little man.

the biggest cheat ive ever heard of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez, you must have led a sheltered life if someone adding three false exceptional players to a game that he bought constitutes the biggest cheat you've ever heard of icon_rolleyes.gif

And yes, there was as much sarcasm in that statement as I assume their was in your original one...unless you really meant it...scary!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davela93:

well said jasewood! (even though you misspelt sentence and coastguard. hehe!!)

sh*t i better start checking my own spelling now! ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaah,sh*t happens...never affected my job has spelling!!

Ooooh,you forgot to CAPS your I.....better watch,BawbagHAWK will be on to you with his spell-checker

Damn, I can't believe I forgot to CAPS my I.

I do apologize. I am a bad person. Sorry. Really.

We better be careful I think jasewood. Don't want to end up like Sam and have a strange, mysterious and ugly growth appearing on our foreheads.

That Sam of yours reminds me of my friend who edited the whole Vicenza team of CM97/98 i think if i remember correctly into a team of super players with long term contracts. Vicenza was never such a gd team i know but he would not admit he cheated.

Guess what happened next... His team of superplayers despite being sooo gd, could not beat my beloved JUVENTUS in all competitons. icon_smile.gif

I remember my juve ended up meeting him 6 times every season. I ended up winning all there is with him to lick his wounds... lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkArcAngel:

That Sam of yours reminds me of my friend who edited the whole Vicenza team of CM97/98 i think if i remember correctly into a team of super players with long term contracts. Vicenza was never such a gd team i know but he would not admit he cheated.

Guess what happened next... His team of superplayers despite being sooo gd, could not beat my beloved JUVENTUS in all competitons. icon_smile.gif

I remember my juve ended up meeting him 6 times every season. I ended up winning all there is with him to lick his wounds... lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you done secret editing while your friend wasn`t looking and didnt tell him icon_wink.gif

C`mon, you know i`m right icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Respected_Boss:

Pay attention because i have a bit of experience with dealing out punishment to cobhead housemates.

Simply have a poo in his bed, stick a little note to it using one of those corkboard pins (i find they work the best) saying "i just chopped timber in your bed, now thats an acheivement" then pull the covers back over.

If its his house he will kick you out, meaning you take your copy of FM with you, or he will leave because he thinks your the second most disguting thing on earth behind Fifa manager players. Then you can play FM in peace.

Try it youself

*in my best Neil Buchanan voice* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats absolutly disgusting

Probably why I find it so funny icon_biggrin.gif

Feel free to share anymore tips on how to get the results you need icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo-spurs:

Tell him to play with Newport County for 10 seasons , without cheating !!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats all I ever play as. Newport aint all that bad.

Archived