veteran players

i would like to see veteran players still be able to play very well for their club unlike 08 where when a player got to about 32 33 he would deteriate and not play very well and that kind of destroys the game because its players like van nistelrooy henry vieira maldini scholes ronaldinho that makes me want to play the game so basically i would like to get more playing years out of them unlike 08 so will there be any change to this years game concerning age ?

Agreed.

For example Totti or Del Piero. They have okey physical stats in the begining but after a season they're down to like 9 in speed or worse.. this is the case of a lot of old players. Maldini is for example still faster than many but because of his age he is slow as a snail.. Awfully underrated too..

Ryan, I kinda agree mate but it is modeled on real life. It's rare you see an outfield player still playing at the highest level when he goes past 33/34. Most of them either retire or just slip down the leagues until they become player-manager at some non league club.

its funny because as you play the game your older player deteriorate, but when you start a new game player like david weir & maldini are still really good.

i think you need to play them in every match to keep them at a good level.

Yeah it's a shame that the greats have to be replaced almost instantly if you want a decent team in Football Manager 08 however this is not true to life. There needs to be a value that changes this, some players retire early, some can carry on playing for the top teams whilst others go lower and lower in the leagues.

Archived