Can FM09 be more challenging please...

I remember in FM07 when i built a great squad i still had a strong challenge from 1 or 2 teams for the title, but in this years version once i built a midtable team or top 3-4 team to a strong squad i run away with the title by at least 12 points! it would be good if FM09 can be on the same level of difficulty as FM07, hell even better would be if FM09 can provide level of difficulty to suit all games like novice, amatuer, expert like most good games provide... can someone from SI take this into account????

Look at it this way...

People moan soooo much now about how they can never win even with a world class squad, so imagine how much they'd moan if SI were to make the game harder icon_eek.gif

Also the Novice, Amatuer (same thing arent they i thougt it was Intermediate?) and Expert levels make the game seem too arcade-like.

Just my opinion.

(Think its too late for changes in 09 anyway)

Originally posted by FMFanatic8080:

I remember in FM07 when i built a great squad i still had a strong challenge from 1 or 2 teams for the title, but in this years version once i built a midtable team or top 3-4 team to a strong squad i run away with the title by at least 12 points! it would be good if FM09 can be on the same level of difficulty as FM07, hell even better would be if FM09 can provide level of difficulty to suit all games like novice, amatuer, expert like most good games provide... can someone from SI take this into account????

At corners, do you have someone challenging the goalkeeper? Is your CB the top scorer? If so, try playing without the corner exploit (I hesitate to call it a "cheat" because it's a legitimate part of the game).

Not having a go here, just curious, because like coolbananas says, even with a world class team it's very difficult to walk the league. I found FM07 much easier. If you impliment the corner exploit an ape can win the league with Derby.

even better would be if FM09 can provide level of difficulty to suit all games like novice, amatuer, expert like most good games provide...

I would absolute HATE to see something like this on a future edition. How would an "easier" level work? Give the gamer's players better stats than every other team? When you sign a player he automatically jumps a few points? Every other manager perhaps drops a couple of stats perhaps?

Sorry, but I can't see this ever working in FM. It's not that sort of game.

try a different league then. there are plenty to choose from. try looking in the challenge forum (link at the top of the forum page) for ideas.

some people complain the game is too hard. others complain its too easy.

this suggests to me that it is spot on allready icon_wink.gif

~~stevie G~~

No doubt you started the game with a reputation of 'professional' or 'international'

The hard part of the game is building up your reputation from scratch moving on in your career to more glorified clubs, not starting at the top winning titles without real merit.

This shows that you are an expert in the game now!

icon_wink.gif

Not everyone is as good as you. Some people already find the game too challenging and these people are managing top class sides. If you want to enhance the difficulty then pick a side of nohopers and try and do the impossible by making the game difficult for yourself.

Set up the fog of war and never buy players you haven't scouted before.

FM2008 IS challenging, however it depends on how you take it.

I'm a career lover, love to start unemployed with no experience at all and see up to where I can get.

Well, I can confirm that I succeeded in getting to the Spanish Primera Liga after 20 years, only to be forced to stop in the best part of my career. I had just won my (and the club's) first ever trophy, the Spanish Cup, but then FM2008 decided to stop.

So yes, the only thing I hope is to have a more reliable game in FM2009, because this one simply isn't. It's a pity to play for 20-25 years, just to stop when you start having and tasting the real fun of it.

Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">even better would be if FM09 can provide level of difficulty to suit all games like novice, amatuer, expert like most good games provide...

I would absolute HATE to see something like this on a future edition. How would an "easier" level work? Give the gamer's players better stats than every other team? When you sign a player he automatically jumps a few points? Every other manager perhaps drops a couple of stats perhaps?

Sorry, but I can't see this ever working in FM. It's not that sort of game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Said it before - it could be done via the assistant manager. Hire an AM with good tactical knowledge and they should be able to help when 'its your tactics'.

As an example, instead of the standard scouting report on the opposition, if you hit the button saying 'ask AM advice' it would look at the scout report, and suggest a formation, slider settings, and personnel, and (here's the important bit) TELL YOU WHY.

For the newbie (which I am to FM08) this would be like a tutorial into the game. And for the player who really wants a challenge - don't ask the AM's advice.

Originally posted by Roger Hunt:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">even better would be if FM09 can provide level of difficulty to suit all games like novice, amatuer, expert like most good games provide...

Sorry, but I can't see this ever working in FM. It's not that sort of game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Said it before - it could be done via the assistant manager. Hire an AM with good tactical knowledge and they should be able to help when 'its your tactics'.

As an example, instead of the standard scouting report on the opposition, if you hit the button saying 'ask AM advice' it would look at the scout report, and suggest a formation, slider settings, and personnel, and (here's the important bit) TELL YOU WHY.

For the newbie (which I am to FM08) this would be like a tutorial into the game. And for the player who really wants a challenge - don't ask the AM's advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen to this man.

Guest arrogantio

Here's the problem with that suggestion

AI managers/assmans get it wrong. A lot. And essentially their tactical changes are variations on a set of their preferences rather than an optimum solution to the problem.

Originally posted by arrogantio:

Here's the problem with that suggestion

AI managers/assmans get it wrong. A lot. And essentially their tactical changes are variations on a set of their preferences rather than an optimum solution to the problem.

First of all, that doesn't seem like an insoluble problem. Second of all, for people struggling with the often-cryptic tactics side of things, *any* solution, optimum or not, would probably be welcome.

Archived