Patch to fix Super Keeper

Can someone please fix this, I'm absolutely sick of having 10 shots on target and not scoring a goal, then losing to 1 shot, this is nothing to do with tactics, it is a glitch, can someone please fix it, it's ruining the game, I'm not the only one who thinks this i'm sure!!!

It doesn't matter what country or league you manage in, or what tactics you use, it's the same old boring outcome!!! I can guarantee that real life games do not have 10 shots on target and the keeper saves them all week in week out.

Can someone please fix this, I'm absolutely sick of having 10 shots on target and not scoring a goal, then losing to 1 shot, this is nothing to do with tactics, it is a glitch, can someone please fix it, it's ruining the game, I'm not the only one who thinks this i'm sure!!!

It doesn't matter what country or league you manage in, or what tactics you use, it's the same old boring outcome!!! I can guarantee that real life games do not have 10 shots on target and the keeper saves them all week in week out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Well what happens for me then if I download your magical patch? I currently have no problems scoring. Will I be winning games 10-0 now? No thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree - I'm not having this problem and there are plenty of other people not having this problem. On the other hand, there are plenty of people who ARE having this problem.

I don't think it's a super keeper problem, but there are probably too many shots in the game. But not enough to make the scores that unrealistic.

If you don't have a problem, why would you need to download my "magical" patch.

Plus... surely a patch doesn't need to be magical because the coding of the game actually exists, so you wouldn't need to incorporate magic?

Anyway, my point isn't to argue and I see your point that this doesn't happen to everyone, but I can't understand how it happens to loads of people and doesn't happen to others? it's weird?

Maybe it's not the keepers then? it could be a problems with another attribute like finishing? anyway, if possible, I'd like to see a bit of consistency with this issue?

Thanks for your input guys, It could be an amalgomation of things, but it is soooo frustrating nevertheless? especially when it doesn't matter if you play Man U or Mansfield,the shots on target and goals ratio are roughly the same.

Again, on the flip side of that, I suppose people would complain that the game is boring if both teams have 2 shots on target and it ends up 1-0 with 5 highlights... that sounds familiar??? Bryan Robson familiar?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

Real life isn't consistent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correctamundo.

Liverpool have had a lot of trouble scoring lately.

About 60 shots and 3 or 4 goals.

Rafa a needs a patch!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niktheblade1:

It doesn't matter what country or league you manage in, or what tactics you use, it's the same old boring outcome!!! I can guarantee that real life games do not have 10 shots on target and the keeper saves them all week in week out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some tactics get a terrible goal rating. Indeed I had the same problem, just changed my tactics and now I have less shots but more goals and concede less goals.

I agree that those tactis with lots of clear chances should get more goals, but actually you can change yours and see that it works icon_wink.gif

Of couse still I have sometimes the same problem , but now the game is more real.

I rarely see a keeper with a rating of more than 8, which seems about right to me. Only a string of good saves should merit a high rating, and I think the ME is probably taking into account that a lot of the shots on target are bread and butter saves for the keeper so don't warrant the keeper getting an amazing rating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

McIlmurray stats.

Appearances 173.

Goals scored 43.

Assists 9.

Clean sheets 62.

MOM awards 22.

If the AI can do it, you can do it.

There is no super-keeper bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No there isnt, but there is a genuine issue.

I don't believe there is a super keeper bug at all, but it isn't to do with tactics either. I score a consistent amount of goals and am currently averaging 2.1 over 60 games since I started my newest game, this seems about right to me.

The issue is the amount of chances as if every game had a team shooting on target 10 times it would be brilliant to watch. The fact si this very rarely happens and whilst teams may have 20 or so shots not all of them are on target and not all of them are good, nevermind the keeper.

The OP states that IRL a team would not have 10 sot that the keeper would save each one. IMO there aren't many games IRL where a team would have 10 sot, full stop.

I think the match engine combats the ridiculous amount of shots with poor finishing, which is very irritating, and it is this that I think should be fixed.

I had 32 shots of which 17 were on target against the team 2nd in the Bundesliga and tbh that's just highyl unlikely.

Combat the amount of chances created per game and I think people will be more satisfied i.e. if we only witness 5 sot and score 1 then we would feel like it was working. The problem with this is that there may only be 5/6 shots worth watching per game and people may become bored.

I do feel that the attempts/goals ratio is quite high in the game.

but then last week i saw figures that irl, the percentage of goals scored out of goal attempts is average 14-15%. So this means a goal every 6 or 7 shots. ( i was surprised).

So this means really that the figures in the game aren't too far wrong.

my post probably could have been better phrased, but im sure you get my drift icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Papasmurf:

I don't have a problem with the super keeper.

My only remaining issue with the game is my strikers constantly shooting straight at the keeper when clean through on goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happens a lot in football. The solution is to get better strikers with better composure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cudman:

I do feel that the attempts/goals ratio is quite high in the game.

but then last week i saw figures that irl, the percentage of goals scored out of goal attempts is average 14-15%. So this means a goal every 6 or 7 shots. ( i was surprised).

So this means really that the figures in the game aren't too far wrong.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right. Even Henry, at his peak, was only score something like 30% of his shots. Most other strikers (who are seen as regular goal scorers) are lower.

Its perfectly understandable that youll lose some games that youv completely dominated and thats fine, but I think the problem is the regularity of this occurrence.

In my Barca save I average at least 20-25 shots (Very attacking tactics) and say 50-60% are on target, now I do win 4-0, 4-1 etc some times but 6 or 7 times a season ill annihilate a team but not beat them.

Heres the match stats from my last match where I drew 2-2 with Deportivo despite having 3 times the amount of shots.

42964018ap1.th.jpg

I have a much better keeper and much better strikers than they do with those match stats I shouldnt be losing, if they had equal chances etc then fine.

Even still I dont mind losing that match cause that can happen in real life, but it happens too often to be realistic.

Rant Over icon_wink.gif

I've given up playing it until this is (hopefully) addressed in the next patch.

Now I like to think I change my tactics quite a lot before someone tries to shoot me down with that old chestnut, but I still get the same problem. I average around 20-30 shots on target every game and usually score around 2 goals. Their keeper ALWAYS gets man of the match and whenever they have one shot on target I concede a goal despite having what should be the be in theory the best keeper in the game.

I also have to play as defensively as possible otherwise this problem gets even worse. I personally believe that the better the team you create the worse this problem gets.

in every game i play the opposition keeper ALWAYS gets an 8 or 9 rating (even average keepers!!!)

and even as milan with the top eueropean goalscorer in all competitions up front with gilardinho i as still depending on oddo to secure the win through a penalty in the last 10 mins!!!

yes it happens more than it should and where this may happen irl in 2/10 games it happens in 5/10 games on fm.lets get the MAIN keeper problem straight. when playing a foreign club in europe if they have sold there keepers they get a super greyed player play. why should the ai be allowed to sell there keepers only for them to have an even better keeper in there team for nothing! wish i could sell my keepers, keep the money i get from them 2 strenghten other areas an have an even better keeper in goal than what i had.

The problem is not super keepers or the shot/ratio. It the way that so many people can have 20-30 shots a match. That makes it seem like the other two problems are there.

However, I can see the fix to this being unpopular. SI will make it harder to create that many chances then loads of people will come on moaning that there tactic doesnt work even though they used to have 30 shots every game. I don't think SI can win on this one.

I just played Sevilla in the Spanish cup Final and only won in the last minute of extra time.

Look at the match stats and youll see that their is a super keeper problem (And I agree with Neji, amount of shots is unrealistic) but still this needs to be fixed.

crazystatsia4.th.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noodles:

I just played Sevilla in the Spanish cup Final and only won in the last minute of extra time.

Look at the match stats and youll see that their is a super keeper problem (And I agree with Neji, amount of shots is unrealistic) but still this needs to be fixed.

crazystatsia4.th.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on.

Your team has 48 shots in the Spanish Cup Final and you think there is a problem with the number of shots the GK savesbangHead.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Your team has 48 shots in the Spanish Cup Final and you think there is a problem with the number of shots the GK saves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah just a small problem icon_wink.gif

I think this issue has been around for a few versions now, SI have done a fantastic job with FM08, but I would love to see a tweak with this, whether it be less shots or keeper ability? It made me quit my lincoln game when I played a team of nobodies in a friendly, had 10 shots on target and their keeper with the worst keeper stats ever, got man of the match for saving all 10... well, that and the fact their pants striker scored a screamer from 30 yds with their only shot on target ;O( I don't always moan... promise!

Archived