is it just me??

but is football manager 08 the worst installment yet.

im so glad 09 is nearly hear. i have all together given up on the game its just so aggrivating:mad:

Psst... hear should be "here"

But yes, I'd agree with you. Personally I haven't enjoyed any version of Football Manager, thus far.

I think it's the best so far in the Sega/SI combinationand so it should be as games which are released yearly should improve year after year or what would be the point of releasing new ones?

I don't think it can be compared to CM 01/02 in a way becuase they are from different gaming technologies. 9 years on and the graphics on games have improved dramatically.

Quite frankly, most people who dont like FM08 are those who failed to grasp the tactical aspect of the game.

It is by no means "unplayable" or "the worst installment" yet, it was simply more challenging. Unfortunately, those who are not up to the challenge start threads like this with little/no constructive criticism, and just vent their "anger" at SI for producing a game that 95% of users probably love.

The answer to the top 3 posters is if you don't like it. Don't buy it or play it. So if you don't like the demo don't bother :) FM08 was definately enjoyable. Moreso after 8.0.2

i didnt like the demo so i didnt bother and still get good games out of FM07 which i believe is better and has a better pick up and play factor.

I'm amazed that people get shot down in flames for stating an opinion- if the OP didn't like FM08 then fair enough.

I liked it but I have to admit that the confidence bug crippled my long-term career. Hope this is sorted because it is the first time in all my years as a Champ Man / Football Man addict that an issue has actually blocked my enjoyment. That said, great effort SI, can't wait for '09!

i agree. i love the FM series but not FM08.

I was Leeds in it and even after winning my 1st 10 games my board were still unhappy with me.

And my rother got all the way to like 2012 and actually got relegated with Man Utd even with a dream team, i had a go too and my cousin whos like immense at the FM's and for some reason it was just impossible to win, especially away no matter what tactic ect.

I'm amazed that people get shot down in flames for stating an opinion- if the OP didn't like FM08 then fair enough.

I liked it but I have to admit that the confidence bug crippled my long-term career. Hope this is sorted because it is the first time in all my years as a Champ Man / Football Man addict that an issue has actually blocked my enjoyment. That said, great effort SI, can't wait for '09!

The confidence bug was very annoying. But how did it cripple your long-term career. When all is said and done, it was largely cosmetic, and plenty have people have had very enjoyable long-term career games.

Also, I apologise if you thought I personally was shooting anyone down for their opinion. I wasn't meaning to do that. I'm just really surprised that some people say FM08 is the worst installment ever.

i agree. i love the FM series but not FM08.

I was Leeds in it and even after winning my 1st 10 games my board were still unhappy with me.

And my rother got all the way to like 2012 and actually got relegated with Man Utd even with a dream team, i had a go too and my cousin whos like immense at the FM's and for some reason it was just impossible to win, especially away no matter what tactic ect.

i had no problems winning

I have some problems with 08 but I still enjoyed it. Saying that - this was the first installment that made me go back a game.

The reason being, regens. In 07 they were too good but I didn't really find that a problem, much better than no good players like. Also, none of the new features in 08 were ones that I would miss by going back.

The confidence bug was very annoying. But how did it cripple your long-term career. When all is said and done, it was largely cosmetic, and plenty have people have had very enjoyable long-term career games.

Also, I apologise if you thought I personally was shooting anyone down for their opinion. I wasn't meaning to do that. I'm just really surprised that some people say FM08 is the worst installment ever.

Wasn't aimed at you Mike7077! The confidence bug ruined my save game- I kept being sacked by Spurs because the confidence of the board was flawed. I had it looked at by SI and they acknowledged the problem but they couldn't do anything. Just one of those things. I was 6 seasons in and couldn't face starting all over- kind of mourning I guess! This is the only issue I have ever had with any game in the series so I can't complain.

No-one's exactly been 'shot down' in this thread have they. But what's the point of posting that you don't like '08 and saying that it's the worst installment ever without even hinting at why you think that?

Personally I've found '08 to be the best version yet. That's not to say it doesn't have issues, but then again every FM game has had some issues. But none of the issues have spoiled my enjoyment of the game, in fact '08 has been the forst one in which I've managed to complete Dafuges challenge. And I play the game without ever changing tactics, so the people who say the tactics are too complicated and you need to tweak constantly are just wrong.

Wasn't aimed at you Mike7077! The confidence bug ruined my save game- I kept being sacked by Spurs because the confidence of the board was flawed. I had it looked at by SI and they acknowledged the problem but they couldn't do anything. Just one of those things. I was 6 seasons in and couldn't face starting all over- kind of mourning I guess! This is the only issue I have ever had with any game in the series so I can't complain.

The confidence issue was fixed by patch 8.0.2, which was also save game compatible. So you could have continued your Spurs game if you wanted to. After 8.0.2 there were still some issues around confidence, mainly the board being unhappy about stupid things and fans not giving young players a chance before saying they were an appaling signing. But none of these would get you sacked in 8.0.2, if you get sacked in 8.0.2 it's because you deserve to tbh.

personally i found it hard to keep a team, i started with fgr, Forest green rovers, got promoted in play offs, had a million in the bank, or there abouts saved them from relegation in league 2, then they didnt renew my contract!!!

Again something that was fixed in 8.0.2.

The confidence issue was fixed by patch 8.0.2, which was also save game compatible. So you could have continued your Spurs game if you wanted to. After 8.0.2 there were still some issues around confidence, mainly the board being unhappy about stupid things and fans not giving young players a chance before saying they were an appaling signing. But none of these would get you sacked in 8.0.2, if you get sacked in 8.0.2 it's because you deserve to tbh.

Totally wrong. I started my game after the 8.0.2 patch. The bug was acknowledged by SI and the only suggestion was to use an editor. Personally this would take something away from the game for me so I didn't do it. The problem was that I was exceeding board expectations and this caused some issue and they sacked me. Finishing 1st, winning cups etc when you are asked to 'qualify for Europe' and get to 'the Quarter-Final' shouldn't end in a sacking. Please, please don't assume that I don't know what I'm doing! It may have been an issue that arose in my particular saved game. Anyway, I made it quite clear that it is just one of those things, I can't wait to get cracking on '09!

Totally wrong. I started my game after the 8.0.2 patch. The bug was acknowledged by SI and the only suggestion was to use an editor. Personally this would take something away from the game for me so I didn't do it. The problem was that I was exceeding board expectations and this caused some issue and they sacked me. Finishing 1st, winning cups etc when you are asked to 'qualify for Europe' and get to 'the Quarter-Final' shouldn't end in a sacking. Please, please don't assume that I don't know what I'm doing! It may have been an issue that arose in my particular saved game. Anyway, I made it quite clear that it is just one of those things, I can't wait to get cracking on '09!

Fair enough, apologies for making assumptions. This could have just been a problem with your save then as I know this has not been an issue since 8.0.2, well for the majority of people anyway ;)

Archived