Premier League experiment

Hi i have made an experiment (using the 8.0.2 patch database), i'm sure it's been done a million times before and it's really for my own interest, however i'll be happy to share if people are interested, so just tell me if you want to know about it or not.

It's basically the premier league teams all with 10000 rep, 2bn in the bank, and no players, staff or managers etc. It's just to see what would happen and how close it would be throughout, and over time what will happen.

I have also secured the long term finances of these clubs as all their stadiums are 200,000 capacity and ticket prices at £1000 and season tickets at £15000. Obviously the minimum attendence etc. match the capacity.

So please feedback

Cheers, charlie

I have had to make a few changes due to the clubs not seeming too willing to actually sign players at the beginning. So I will create 20 managers with stats of 15 across the board but with 20 for buying players. Any other improvements that people suggest for when I edit the database?

(I have also removed the EPL teams from the European tournaments as players are more likely to sign for players in Europe, also i have made all the training facilities the same (20) as this can affect players choices of signing for you).

Overall this should be interesting. These are some of my predictions that i've been thinking of.

- There could well be an inflation of prices with so much money floating around

- Many of the original players will sign for their old clubs due to them being favoured clubs

- The League race should be really close as everyone will have pretty equal teams and managers (aslong as they aren't sacked) of equal ability.

- The Clubs will all make lots of big money signings from abroad.

- The teams that get relegated will have a fire sale to the larger teams as their rep will drop drastically and will keep on bouncing up and down every season as they can't compete.

- The league will eventually take a natural shape like we see today, however this may take many, many seasons.

have you changed the reps of the championship teams? if not i predict that the 3 promoted sides from the first season will be relegated and the 3 relegated sides from the first season will be promoted.

Hi i have made an experiment (using the 8.0.2 patch database), i'm sure it's been done a million times before and it's really for my own interest, however i'll be happy to share if people are interested, so just tell me if you want to know about it or not.

It's basically the premier league teams all with 10000 rep, 2bn in the bank, and no players, staff or managers etc. It's just to see what would happen and how close it would be throughout, and over time what will happen.

I have also secured the long term finances of these clubs as all their stadiums are 200,000 capacity and ticket prices at £1000 and season tickets at £15000. Obviously the minimum attendence etc. match the capacity.

So please feedback

Cheers, charlie

Maybe you should also change populations of the cities where all the clubs are located in order to make attendence equal...

Maybe you should also change populations of the cities where all the clubs are located in order to make attendence equal...

Does the population matter? I've just changed the minimum, maximum and average attendance. When i've done this sort of thing in the past it works just as well.

have you changed the reps of the championship teams? if not i predict that the 3 promoted sides from the first season will be relegated and the 3 relegated sides from the first season will be promoted.

I haven't changed the reps of the championship teams, although, there are some surprising outcomes for them that i will be revealing.

This is the end of the August Transfer Window.

Arsenal

They actually ended up signing a big fat 1 player (Cesc Fabregas (not that he’s big or fat)) which was very, very disappointing. Unless they do something fast, and their greyed out players are good (which they aren’t, all of them look like your average BSS player) they won’t stay up that is for certain.

Aston Villa

Villa also were not particularly active picking up two players, Curtis Davies and Gareth Bale. Perhaps this will be another team staring down the face of a relegation battle.

Birmingham

They have signed 4 players, Frank Lampard, Torsten Frings, Mauro Zarate and an unknown regen that is quite poor.

Blackburn

Compared to the other teams so far, they have picked up some handy players, Joaquin, Nani, Ashley Cole and Rafael Marques, although again they have only signed four players, I’m starting to think there is something wrong with the game here! (this may be why the transfer code was re-written for 09).

Bolton

Only picked up the one player, David Trezuguet for a hefty sum of £22.5 mil.

Chelsea

They signed 5 players in this transfer window, Petr Cech, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Michael Essien and Nicklas Bendtner.

Derby

They picked up two players, Maxi Rodrigues and a regen who is again very poor. Although compared to some of the other teams, maybe they might get a better points total than they did in real life.

Everton

The Toffees were very active picking up no less than 6 players, Rio Ferdinand, Victor Valdez, Steven Pienaar and 3 unkown regens.

Fulham

Signed absolutely no-one. And yes you’ve guessed it the opposition fans are already singing “we’ll never play you again”

Liverpool

By far the most active team, they got right in the mix and picked up as many players as possible. Frey, Given, Van Der Sar as keepers. Gallas, Terry and Toure in defence. Gerrard, Quaresma, Mutu, Defour, Mancini, Tevez, Torres and Villa in midfield and upfront. This looks like an imposing team and would be my odds on for the league a this early stage.

Man City

They got Nery Castillo.

Man Utd

They didn’t even get a regen, the champions look a completely different side this year.

Middlesbrough

They captured two experienced centre halves, Barzagli and Walter Samuel, obviously looking to defend and catch people on the break they have also got a pacey regen up top.

Newcastle

Nobody. Nought. Nothing. Nada. Although they do have a handy greyed out player named Jack Hobbs if that counts.

Portsmouth

They’ve got Milan Baros (though I forgot to remove his loan… D’oh!)

Reading

Nobody again.

Sunderland

They have a pacey regen for left mid but other than him they’re bare too.

Tottenham

They too only have a regen for centre half, although he is poor and is the worst I’ve seen so far.

West Ham

Again they are another team not to have bought anybody!

Wigan

They signed Zambrotta.

Overall

Well it was not at all what I expected to the first transfer window and I am very disappointed. Although I can only think that it has been programmed into the game that only a few transfers are allowed per team in the first window to make it more realistic.

The championship clubs though had a field day, picking up lots of the free agents from the former premier league clubs, which could make for a surprisingly good battle between the promoted championship teams and the premier division teams.

The League table in august stands like this.

1. Liverpool 9

2. Bolton 9

3. Man City 9

4. Portsmouth 9

5. Blackburn 9

6. Chelsea 7

7. Sunderland 7

8. Everton 7

9. Reading 6

10.West Ham 6

11.Tottenham 6

12.Wigan 4

13.Man Utd 4

14.Arsenal 3

15.Fulham 3

16.Derby 3

17.Middlesboro 2

18.Aston Villa 2

19.Birmingham 1

20.Newcastle 1

Does the population matter? I've just changed the minimum, maximum and average attendance. When i've done this sort of thing in the past it works just as well.

I tried to change attendence at different stadiums several times myself but it changed again automatically. So I think the attendence will be higher at the clubs which are located in cities with higher population. The higher population - the higher attendence - the higher gate receipt - the higher balance

Newcastle have the lowest average attendence of 199938... so i think we can safely say that that is ok.

We are now at December 31st 2007 and have seen many high profile manager sackings.

Tottenham Sack Manager Seventeen and replace him with Frank Rijkaard

Middlesbrough Sack manager Thirteen and replace him with Marcello Lippi

Man Utd sack Manager Eleven and replace him with... surprise surprise, Sir Alex

Newcastle Sack Manager Twenty and replace him with 'The not to special one' (jose Mourinho)

Portsmouth Sack Manager Fourteen and replace him with Arsene Wenger

Arsenal Sack Manager One but are yet to replace him.

This is the update for the 1st of February 08.

Arsenal Team

Mickael Landreau

Phillip Lahm

Cesc Fabregas

Jonathan De Guzman

+ 3 regens.

Aston Villa

Jussi Jaaskelainen

Johan Djourou

Gareth Bale

Curtis Davies

Karim Benzema

Birmingham

The team fundamentally stays the same just a massive increase in regens

Frank Lampard

Mauro Zarate

Torsten Frings

+8 regens

Blackburn

Rafael Marquez

Ashley Cole

Zdravko Kuzmanovic

Joaquin

Nani

Jeremy Menez

+7 regens

Bolton

Lucio

Diego Cavalieri

David Trezeguet

+9 Regens

Chelsea

Petr Cech

Michael Essien

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

Nicklas Bendtner

+3 regens

Derby

Maxi Rodriguez

Mario Gomez

+5 regens

Everton

Victor Valdez

Nicolas Burdisso

Rio Ferdinand

Steven Pienaar

Amauri

+10 regens

Fulham

8 regens

Liverpool

Frey

Given

Van Der Sar

Gallas

Kompany

Squilacci

Terry

Kolo Toure

Gerrard

Mancini

Quaresma

Mutu

Defour

Tevez

Torres

Villa

+ 7 regens

Man City

Nery Castillo

+ 8 regens

Man Utd

Jeremy Toulalan

Ricardo Montolivo

+ 8 regens

Middlesbrough

Walter Samuel

Andrea Barzagli

Alessandro Del Piero

+ 6 regens

Newcastle

6 regens

Portsmouth

Milan Baros

Hugo Lloris

+ 6 regens

Reading

Igor Akinfeev

Pablo

+ 10 regens

Sunderland

Diego Milito

+ 10 regens

Tottenham

Javi Martinez

+ 12 regens

West Ham

11 regens

Wigan

Joao Moutinho

Alessandro Rosina

Gianluca Zambrotta

+ 15 regens

I'm just really confused why all of the other clubs aren't buying as many players as liverpool, the only difference between them are the chairmen as the managers are all the same unless they were sacked. But they all started the same in the first transfer window. I will look into it.

You have to be careful about the finances thing because due to programming limitations, when your balance reaches £2.15bn or something like that it turns negative and you find yourself £2.15bn in debt.

The thing i have noticed is that tthe clubs are putting their finances into a long term investment fund so most only have around 800 mil remaining in their bank accounts which hopefully means that the problem you have said shouldn't happen. But even if it did happen it would be exciting.

- All I do is go on the page of FM I want to get a screenie of, click 'alt' and 'F9' and it should appear in the Football Manager - Screenshots folder.

- If that doesnt work, you'll need to have paint. You need to click 'print screen' usually next to F9, then click 'control' and 'v' whilst on paint. Then save the paint file.

Then go on photobucket, and upload it. Then click the link and paste it on here. I'm not good at explaining things, so if that isn't clear, tell me how so, and I'll try to explain better.

Archived