Football Manager Anthems

Just back to work after a couple of days off and as it was the end of the month I decided to go shopping and treat myself to some new CD's and DVD's. One of the CD's I bought was Radiohead's OK Computer (an album i've always loved, and have bought on at least 4 occasions and lost on at least 4 occasions), when I put it on in the car on the way home memories of CM97/98 came flooding back, I spent a majority of my CM97/98 playing time listening to that album.

Maybe i'm the only one, but when I think about CM97/98 I think about OK Computer and vice versa. It got me thinking about CM/FM anthems, and wondering if anyone else has an album/song that reminds them of the CM/FM series?

Although more associated with FIFA Song 2 by Blur always springs to mind when I think of the earlier CM series, as does Alive and Kicking by Simple Minds, this came out when the Premier League started and was also around when CM93 came out and I loved the song quite a bit, and would play it over and over.

No songs in particular, but I always used to listen to Pandora.com. It was ace, such a shame they couldn't agree licencing outside of the US.

Last.fm is a reasonable replacement though, worth a look. (or a listen!)

Archived