i dont understand the whole steam thing

i really dont understand this whole steam thing where u have to register it online or something,please help me out.

what exactly do we do and how??

please let me know

so the game wont work with just the disk then?

so confused

jay

This is a subject that is being blow out of proportion on here. You'll download the game install it and there will be some kind of registration step during the process. People are talking as if SI want you to split the atom before playing the game.

Steam is a game delivery application that was designed by Valve - the people who created Half Life and Counterstrike, etc.

Basically it's a resource hub, that lets developers such as SI take advantage of a fully-developed and supported software hub.

What you do when you go to steampowered.com is, is sign up and download the client. This is basically an application that runs in the background.

If you bring the Steam application to the fore, it acts as a type of web browser - but the content is limited to games that you can purchase and download. It's very "click-and-it-happens."

When you buy FM09 over Steam, you will not receive a disc. Instead, Steam will download FM09 and install it in the Steam directory. From there, it authorises your use of FM09 (online validation). So to run FM09 you have to first run Steam. No disc checking will be required.

Archived