Can 'frt' be removed? (FM 2007)

A couple of players who are in the last year of their contracts have said they are considering going on a free transfer because they're being emo kids. They have 'frt' by their names, does this mean they will definitely be leaving? They say they're considering their options, and when I click to offer one of them a new contract he says he doesn't want to renew currently but may do at a later time.

But if the 'frt' means they're definitely leaving I may as well sell them rather than give them games to make them emo no longer.

Try offering a contract with key player status and if your a lower league club perhaps a low release fee\relegation release fee. Thats all I can think of because I no longer have FM2007 and can't remember much about it. I'm probably one of the few people who don't keep previous versions of the game.

think it's when they've decided to leave the club... don't think there's a way around it either :/

Hmm, it still says stuff like 'considering' and 'may' rather than 'is' or 'will'. However the frt icon suggest it's for definite.

No way round it im not sure if it happened to me on fm08 or 07 but mancini did the same when at Roma for me. I think i did actually get to sell him albeit for a rubbish price but better then nothing i guess! Went to Arsenal! Actually think he went for free :( Tried lots of contract offers. He said this 2 years before his contract was up i tried countless amounts of contract offers even something stupid like £140k pw but he wanted new challenge!

EDIT: Yeah i definately lost him on a free. in Jan i think i got offered £10mil but i didnt need the money so i thought i would rather i had him playing as he was a key player for me and in the last months he did atleast start to consider my offers but decided he liked arsenal more :(

So it would be better to sell now if you don't want to lose them for nothing!

Did you play him often to get his happiness up while you kept him? That's the key thing for me, whether playing him will make a difference. I have a good amount of money and will likely nearly double it when I sell my £30m flop in the window, so I can take the risk of trying to get the players' happiness back, but there's no point if he's definitely going.

Let the player go. If they don't want to play for you, then don't make them. They're obviously not good enough anyway. I always take a hard line when it comes to players not wanting to play for my team. At the moment, I have Steven Naismith griping that he is looking to move to a bigger club. His form has been poor lately, and he got sent off in a recent game, so I put him on the transfer list, put him in the reserves and stopped him from training. I can't be doing with timewasters in my team.

Well one of the players can be the muscle on the pitch needed, the other two have great potential and are already good, which is why I wanted to keep them. Seeing as playing them doesn't change anything though they're on the transfer list, I'll be selling quite a few players in the window then!

Archived