Most Succesful Strike Pairing??

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a strike partnership, however Huntelaar upfront on his own for Man City scored 38 in all competetitions.(League, league cup, english cup).I played him as the lone striker with elano and petrov as wing forwards.He won me the league cup in the first season on his goals basically and got me up to 5th in the league. I've played him upfront alone alot and he is hands down the best at it.

My IA Akranes front two in FM06 are my most prolific on a goals per game basis. Regens Pablo Fernandez Garcia (our record signing by such a distance I still can't believe I signed him!) and Erik Mettavainio (through the Akranes youth system) banged and crashed their way to ~3-4 goals per game between them in my latest season, which isn't over yet (haven't played the game for a while though). Mettavainio has hit ~7 hatricks so far this season I think including a couple of 4 ot 5 goal hauls!

My partnership of Bobby Zamora, Carlton Cole and Ade Akinbiyi was absolutely immense.

They scored 8 goals between them in all competitions, with 5 of them coming from penalties.

For some strange reason Real Madrid fired me that season.

Same as Fataldinho.

Adebayor and Van Persie.

In one season I had Ade with 40 odd goals and Van Persie with 30 assists and 20 goals. It is a different story that the same season Bendtner notched up 50 goals.

Like fataldinho said, Adebayor and Van Persie are truly amazing together. Best they've done for me is Adebayor got 74 goals and 20 odd assists in all comps, with RVP bagging 36 goals and 45 assists :D

Current game with Gillingham played 11 games in league 1 have 3 strikers:

Daryl Murphy - 12 goals

Neil Mellor - 8 goals

Matty Fryatt - 10 goals

Hopefully they can keep their record up!

adebayor & eduardo or bendtner

Yep they are fun :) First season Adebayor and Eduardo had 53 league goals in just 60 matches. 96 goals in all comps with Bendtner playing when someone was injured. However, in the same tactic Podolski scored 46 by himself in 31 matches, with my other strikers grabbing 24. So I guess the answer is Podolski and anyone :). Torres and Bojan is amazing too though.

Ganea and Musasa for Oxford.

Musasa was signed in the Blue Square prem, and after promotion I signed Ganea. For the next 3 successive promotions they always played together, scoring well over 100 goals each. Sadly, when I got to the Premiership, Musasa lost his touch, as well as his place in the team, got unsettled and had to be sold :(.

Kuyt + Adriano. =O

I got half way through my season, and between them, they'd netted 40+. This was league only, about 20 or so games in. And considering my attack was my weakest point, it was very impressive. Not so much looking back. My Midfield tend to compensate for most of my goals. I stopped playing the save though.

Just about to try Vagner Love with Bobby Zamora... Should be interesting.

Archived