Keeper scores...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I've never had a goalkeeper score against me but I've had my own goalkeeper score many goals from open play/free kicks/penalties.

... but if you want goalscoring goalkeepers wait till Jimbo is in here. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did somebody call?

173 appearances.

43 goals scored.

62 clean sheets.

22 MOM awards.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Goalscoring Gks thread in the challenge forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously this has nothing to do with a challenge so it shouldnt be there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Goalscoring Gks thread in the challenge forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously this has nothing to do with a challenge so it shouldnt be there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He asked for goalscoring keepers so gundo linked to a thread with lots in, whats the problem?

• 1 month later...

Bump.

My keeper just scored from an INDIRECT free kick from just outside his own area. Upon second inspection, it appears the opposing keeper attempted to grab it and more or less flicked it on into his own net, so the goal stands!

At first i thought my striker had got a touch on it, but then my keeper started sprinting across the pitch!

Vid

http://www.refplanet.com/stuff/macgoal.avi (2.9MB)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

Bump.

My keeper just scored from an INDIRECT free kick from just outside his own area. Upon second inspection, it appears the opposing keeper attempted to grab it and more or less flicked it on into his own net, so the goal stands!

At first i thought my striker had got a touch on it, but then my keeper started sprinting across the pitch!

Vid

http://www.refplanet.com/stuff/macgoal.avi (2.9MB) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an indirect free-kick.

The defending GK gets a hand to it which allows the goal to stand.

Doesn't that make it an own goal by the defending GK icon_confused.gif?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

Bump.

Vid

Doesn't that make it an own goal by the defending GK icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because he did not cause an off-target ball to be directed on-target for a goal. If the ball was already on-target, it is never given as an own-goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Bump.

Vid

Doesn't that make it an own goal by the defending GK icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because he did not cause an off-target ball to be directed on-target for a goal. If the ball was already on-target, it is never given as an own-goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely this has to be an exception though?

Example of this in real life is that shot that Oliver Kahn famously bobbled into his own net from a free kick against Real Madrid that eliminated Bayern from the 2004 Champions League. He had it, lost it, and it rolled into the goal, but as it was on target, Roberto Carlos (or was it Zidane?) was given credit for the goal.

Example of this in real life is that shot that Oliver Kahn famously bobbled into his own net from a free kick against Real Madrid that eliminated Bayern from the 2004 Champions League. He had it, lost it, and it rolled into the goal, but as it was on target, Roberto Carlos (or was it Zidane?) was given credit for the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that an indirect free kick?

^ though that was a direct free kick, but the premise is the same.

There are no exceptions for indirect free kicks. As long as it deflects from someone, the goal is given to the "shooter", even if it a) wasn't his intention to score, or b) wouldn't have been a legal goal had there been no deflection.

Now, it's hard to see in my video, so i'm only assuming the opposing keeper touched it on its way in. If he didn't, then this could be a bug that the goal (and not a goal kick) was given.

Archived