FM Genie Scout 2009?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not very clued up on FM releases, but I'd expect Genie scout to be out not long after FM09.

All depends on how busy Genie is. He had difficulty programming the FM08 version due to changes in the coding, so I guess it all depends on how much change there is between FM08 and FM09.

If I was to guestimate, I would say don't hold your breath before anything before Feb.

Plus remember how much uncalled for grief Genie got with the last version, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't release anything to save himself the hassle of dealing with the ungrateful so and so's.

As mentioned above there has been no news, but I would doubt that Genie Scout would be released for 09. After all, we're still waiting for the final version of 08. I would recommend MiniScout instead if that is updated

What about the fella who made Mini scout???

I thought this was a great little tool and it was out very early with no complications, I enjoyed the way you could use the tool while playing the game.

Maybe somebody could contact the designer of this tool to see if they will be doing something similar for FM 09. FrazT do you remember who it was?

What about the fella who made Mini scout???

I thought this was a great little tool and it was out very early with no complications, I enjoyed the way you could use the tool while playing the game.

Maybe somebody could contact the designer of this tool to see if they will be doing something similar for FM 09. FrazT do you remember who it was?

Here is the website: http://mxamster.googlepages.com/home

also Genie has told me that he will make an announcement anout FM09 Scout in 2 or 3 days.- I will advise when I know the outcome.

Has there been any word of the likliehood of Genie bringing out a 2009 Version?

Any ideas?

I pretty much rely on Genie Scout, its kinda like a side-game to the actual FM.

Fingers crossed.

Agreed, I spend hours using Genie Scout. FM wouldn't be the same without it.

I have sent a PM to Amster to find out his thoughts on a mini scout for FM09.

Hopefully Genie will release a scout but if not maybe Amster can provide a mini scout, this was a relief last year as the Genie just took too long through various complications.

(Yes I know he does it for free and it's in his own time and it is appreciated by me)

I am still playing FM 07 as i couldn't get into 08 without Genie and it not coming out for a few months after,that's why i went back to 07.What i wanted to know is if i play 09 and download the new genie would it overide the older genie i use for 07?

What would happen if i couldn't get into 09 either and wanted to go back to 07 but couldn't because it was updated with the newer version or could i just install the older version again.Hope that all makes sense;)

I dream of a Genie Scout 09 mac version. :)

Dream Granted!

You need to download a program called Darwine.

You can google it and then download it

You'll also need to have Tiger X11 ( or something like that) which you can download here. If you have lepoard, I'm not sure if you need the same X11 thing.

Then you download Genie and open it using Darwine Helper.

If you want more help I can try and offer it.

EDIT: There is a better thread on it. Look towards the bottom of this thread and it should explain it all much better

Archived