+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Job Offers?

Amateur

Default Job Offers?

Can a club offer you a job when you are managing a team? Or do you have to quit your current job and apply for a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Amateur

Default Re: Job Offers?

clubs can come in with offers while your still attached to other clubs. YOu have to be doing quite well though

Part-timer

just like real life-
    ramos is out and spurs are gettin reknapp off of pompey! (5million compenstation! :O)

Amateur

They will offer you job if youre good enough.
    In my case, none of them made any sense though. My current salary is around 1M p/a and transfer budget is 30-40M, but teams coming up with offers like 200K p/a salary and 10M transfer budget.

Part-Timer

It can happen , But in my FM expereince it happens on rare occasions.

Amateur

it does happen, but you have to be doing v.well, it normally takes applying for vacant jobs, which if you dont get it just annoyes the board and fans!! a bit annoying when all you're trying to show is a bit of ambition

Amateur

you just accept the job offer but no compo is arranged by the clubs which is a shame that would be a good feature, what do you all think

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by YesYesOhYay View Post
    just like real life-
    ramos is out and spurs are gettin reknapp off of pompey! (5million compenstation! :O)
    This is something that isn't in the game. Any clubs wanting you should not approach you directly instead they should ask your board for permission to talk to you which in FM they don't.

First Team Squad Member
    Serps lives on, in the hearts and minds of all of us.

You can get offered a job whilst managing a club. In one of my saves I was in the year 2011 (I think), managing Man Utd and all of a sudden Cheltenham Town come in with a job offer, they were in League 1 at the time... Yeh, like i'm going to leave my Europeann Champions for a League 1 team lol.

But on topic, yes it does happen sometimes, but you have to be doing rather well, like already stated .

Amateur

You can also set your "prior experience" to something high when you first start your game. A friend of mine set his high in a network game we played and he was offered the Man Utd job after only having done semi-well with Aston Villa.

Part-Timer
    Bill Shankly \'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.\'

Quote Originally Posted by srwlml23 View Post
    you just accept the job offer but no compo is arranged by the clubs which is a shame that would be a good feature, what do you all think
    They pay compensation. Pretty sure it is in. It pays a transfer fee on the staff in page.

mikeytwigge

Quote Originally Posted by srwlml23 View Post
    compo is given just noit mentioned. If when you get offered a job by club X if you then look in club X's transfer cenntre it will show job offer then your name then money which is the componsation

Banned
    Receiving constant abuse from GillsMan, who also lies.

Is there compensation for manager moves in FM? If there was I would imagine having a bigger and longer contract will affect whether teams ask you or hire you as much as your own job stability.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy38 View Post
    Is there compensation for manager moves in FM? If there was I would imagine having a bigger and longer contract will affect whether teams ask you or hire you as much as your own job stability.
    Yeah, thats how it currently works.

Amateur

I was at Villa and Everton offered me a contract I turned it down and then villa didnt renew my contract at the end of the season :|

Youth Team

Unlucky but it does happen as proven by the last post

+ Reply to Thread