What leagues would you like to see added in the future

Now i know that Fm09 does not exist, but assusing that it will which leagues or division would you like them to include in the game.

My List as Follows

Wales Second Division

Argentina Third Division

Latvia

Faroe Islands or San Marino

Ghana

Cameroon

Canada

Nigeria

Perhaps the English Lower levels but they could be view only as well as the highland League

What do you think

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow..i live in Canada and never knew there was a fooball league here, all i know is that Toronto FC plays in the MLS icon_razz.gif

I want to see the Saudi League since Saudi Arabia is a country thats been qualifying constantly to the world cup (since 1990) and im curious to know how their league is..

Originally posted by suited2007:

Now i know that Fm09 does not exist, but assusing that it will which leagues or division would you like them to include in the game.

My List as Follows

Wales Second Division

Argentina Third Division

Latvia

Ghana

Cameroon

Canada

Nigeria

Perhaps the English Lower levels but they could be view only as well as the highland League

What do you think

yall should cut english 4th divisions etc...

and put USA NCAA and other more reputable leagues

Originally posted by memoi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by suited2007:

My List as Follows

Wales Second Division

Argentina Third Division

Latvia

Ghana

Cameroon

Canada

Nigeria

What do you think

yall should cut english 4th divisions etc...

and put USA NCAA and other more reputable leagues </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes because Utah Mudskippers are a more worldwide will known club than say Bradford...or Brentford....seriously though....all joking aside...and that was meant as a joke, not a putdown, i would like to see:

The Unibond etc leagues - i.e the step below the Blue Square.

The Estonian leagues!

Some more African leagues...Egypt, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria?

Some more Central American leagues, Jamaica, Costa Rica?

I really like the sound of that. icon14.gif

I'm not much of a managing abroad person, so that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind if there would be no research done aswell, just to be able to see how the league is shaping up would be nice, even if it was all grey playing.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps the English Lower levels but they could be view only as well as the highland League

I'm not much of a managing abroad person, so that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind if there would be no research done aswell, just to be able to see how the league is shaping up would be nice, even if it was all greys playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif

As an aside, back when i used to play the FIFA Manager series (when it was called TCM), we were able to create leagues and cups in the editor (we had to use one of several league templates, but the cups were fully customisable if you knew how to write the script).

Maybe one day FM will give us the option of making some crude leagues without having to trick the game and sacrifice an existing league.

Alright, sorry, triple post.

TCM also had every country's data in a separate data file within the database folder, so it was much easier to import downloaded leagues without ruining your custom database. FM doesn't have this structure, so i suppose it would be difficult until they change their database structure (which would be for the better, by the way!).

Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

All of them please!

I don't even care if Botswana isn't fully researched and all we have are stadia and club names (everything else random), i just want to be able to load up all of Asia and Africa and have a go!

icon14.gif

Just think, one day our children will be playing a FM game with every nation playable, entire league structures all the way down to the amateurs in every nation, and their computers will be so fast that there isn't even an option to choose which leagues to load...they are all loaded automatically.

Those bastards!

Originally posted by suited2007:

PMLF

Why Venezuela?

And Shetland island leauge has only 2 teams

The Venezuelan League is pretty decent, and it's better than the likes of Wales, N. Ireland and Singapore.

Originally posted by Rocketpants:

Does the game REALLY need anymore leagues?

I would have thought concentrating on getting more detail into the game and making it more realistic would be more productive, then having a new league in Morroco.

Is it only me that feels this?

I am sure you wouldn't think this way if your favorite league wasn't in the game already.

I would have thought concentrating on getting more detail into the game and making it more realistic would be more productive, then having a new league in Morroco.

What about someone in Morocco who bought FM but can't manage his own local team?

The Hungarian league was not always present in CM/FM (don't remember the exact year when it was added), and I was not happy about it when I was not able to manage Hungarian teams.

Even though I probably would never manage teams from all nations, but still sometimes I like to load all nations and have a career game where I spend 1-2 years then I go on to another team in another country.

Originally posted by Blue Lou:

Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia

Would love to see the number of African leagues expanded beyond just S.Africa. I often play games with a "regional" setting ie UK, Scandinavian or Southern Europe. I've never been tempted to start a game in S.Africa because thats the only playable league in the game.

Highland League would be cool as well!

PMLF - Should the game cater for individuals or the masses?

I agree it would cost too much to research all teams from all nations and I don't think there will ever be an FM version where all leagues would be available.

This is why:

- adding the possibility to add leagues with the editor

- adding the possibility to manage clubs from other nations, even with grey players

could offer some workaround for those who can't find their favourite league in the game.

Peter Cseke - fair point, but by having a league in Morocco, will the time and effort in preparing this league, researching this league, establishing the leagues rules be time well spent, compared to improving the game overall, instead of a poor mans version of a data update each year!

PMLF - Should the game cater for individuals or the masses?

My favourite league would be the Wessex League at non league level, but I would rather see more time spent on other aspects of the game.

The thread question is:

What leagues would you like to see added on to FM09

I would like to see those leagues added, regardless of what the "masses" want.

The scottish Juniour leagues woudl be good. Yes I know no promotion to the SFL but still would be a good challenge as now the 3 superleague winners and cup winners in the juniour get into the Scottish cup. Lucky Girvan get in it every year as they are full SFA members. Would eb good though and in fairness the top juniour teams are a match for 3rd div teams at least.

I would say though for other countries:

Egypt

Tunisia

Morroco

Cyprus

Nigeria

England has more than its fair share of teams unfortunatly leaves the games too unbalanced at times with their being so many english players in the db. Let other nations catch up first then fair enough look at England again though try and keep the game balanced.

Not that my current PC can cope with it but one can always dream.

I would love to have:

3rd tier Argentia

2nd tier Wales

Proper representation of football on State level in Brazil (Including different levels at State level and proper qualifications for the Série C)

3rd tier Greece

3rd tier Czech Republic

Fully playable CFA in France

And if I may drift away for another dream:

First two tiers Paraguay

First tier Marocco

First tier Egypt

3rd tier China

3rd tier Romania

3rd tier Croatia

3rd tier Finland

3rd tier Iceland

First tier Bolivia

Yeah, I know, pretty unrealistic to expect something like that to be added to FM in the near Future. But as I said, one can always dream and with a bit of luck by the time I buy my new PC SI have added a few of the listed ones here.

Peter Cseke - fair point, but by having a league in Morocco, will the time and effort in preparing this league, researching this league, establishing the leagues rules be time well spent, compared to improving the game overall, instead of a poor mans version of a data update each year!

It would take perhaps 20-30 hours to (at least crudely) develop a new league in the game.

Assuming 8 hour workdays, 16 workdays per month (that's about 4 days per week), there are 576 hours of labour available for each SI employee (assuming each employee gets three months of not working on the game due to vacation, databases locked for disc production, etc).

I think at least a couple new leagues each year isn't too much to ask. Once the work is done, it'll be there forever since the structure of the game doesn't change drastically from year to year.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps the English Lower levels but they could be view only as well as the highland League

I'm not much of a managing abroad person, so that would be perfect. I wouldn't mind if there would be no research done aswell, just to be able to see how the league is shaping up would be nice, even if it was all greys playing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why rolleyes?

Archived