Nations v Leagues - Game Speed

Is there any difference between how computers cope with running leagues from more nations or running more leagues from less nations in terms of game speed?

For example: Is running England down to League 2 (4 divisions) more/less difficult for the computer to handle or quicker/slower in-game than running just the top division from 4 countries, say, England, Spain, Italy and Germany?

Hope that made sense. Thanks for any answers.

I would say the speed of your game is determined by a number of things including speed\type of processor, How much ram you have (the more the better really. I would recommend a minimum of 2GB), and finally what other programs you are running at the same time. No matter how good your computer is it will eventually slow fm down as the file size gets bigger and there is nothing really you could do about this.

every league will take up more resources as will every nation.

personally I find that it makes more sense to pick few playable leagues and if you want more players load these from the nations you want.

game speed IMO is essential for fun and enjoyability

rather too few than too many playable leagues!

unless you want to be a world traveller who coaches once in every league ;)

(in 07 at least) :

4 divisions in one country ~ the same with 1 division in 4 countries

You can also load the 5 more as "view only"

disagree with that, since every nation brings a lot more with it than just a league (more competitions etc).

the more nations, the harder your computer will have to work.

Archived