Few thing i dislike about FM08

No backpasses...ever

Groundsman dimensions....who cares?

Not being told about sackings. Im managing San Marino, but being english obviously want to manage in england, as my favoured club is torquay, surely i should've been told when the torquay job became available.

that is all

No backpasses...ever

Not being told about sackings. Im managing San Marino, but being english obviously want to manage in england, as my favoured club is torquay, surely i should've been told when the torquay job became available.

that is all

Go to your homepage where the finances and next fxtures etc are. In the top corner of each section is a drop down menu, click it and slect available jobs. That way instead of constantly being aware of wage bills that never change you will have constant view of jobs available or coming available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Graham 4 Scotland:

No backpasses...ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is, my players often pass the ball acroos the defence and pass back to the keeper plenty of times. This may be down to the mentality you've set your players to. A more attacking mentality in a tactic will mean that players will look to play the ball forwards more than backwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Groundsman dimensions....who cares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do. I play a very narrow style and like to force opposition players inside where I have plenty of players ready to tackle them. So a narrow pitch suits me perfectly. It's a decision you have to make once a season and can just leave it as default if your not bothered. Is it really worth complaining about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not being told about sackings. Im managing San Marino, but being english obviously want to manage in england, as my favoured club is torquay, surely i should've been told when the torquay job became available.

that is all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a valid point, I'm still not too sure why the news items were split into 2. However their is a job centre where you can keep a regular eye on which jobs are insecure and may become available soon.

Those are the only things you dislike about FM08? icon_eek.gif

They are fair enough criticisms but they are certainly not what I would are the big problems.

With regards to pitch dimensions, I care, it may not be the biggest or most useful feature in the game but I don't see why anyone can complain about it. It doesn't really ruin the game it simply adds a little more to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Go to your homepage where the finances and next fxtures etc are. In the top corner of each section is a drop down menu, click it and slect available jobs. That way instead of constantly being aware of wage bills that never change you will have constant view of jobs available or coming available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did not know that! thats great. thanks for pointing that out mate

This is a valid point, I'm still not too sure why the news items were split into 2. However their is a job centre where you can keep a regular eye on which jobs are insecure and may become available soon.

but i need more than this. hopefully the suggestion before you post will be what im after. Plus it takes ages to load up the job security page on my laptop, prob cos the list of every manager is loaded, hence taking ages to load up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Originally posted by David Graham 4 Scotland:

/QUOTE]

I care! You're obviously too lazy to use it. Change it to suit your style of play. If you have one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

grow up. is there any need to call me lazy icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Graham 4 Scotland:

sorry, i meant. backpasses as in, defender passes it back under pressure and the numpty keeper picks it up, i.e. indirect free kick in the box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case you may be right. This doesn't happen as far as I'm aware and perhaps should on very, very rare occasions. Although saying that I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper in real life be stupid enough to do this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

sorry, i meant. backpasses as in, defender passes it back under pressure and the numpty keeper picks it up, i.e. indirect free kick in the box </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case you may be right. This doesn't happen as far as I'm aware and perhaps should on very, very rare occasions. Although saying that I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper in real life be stupid enough to do this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There has been quite a few in the Premier League alone in recent times and I imagine it gets more common the further down the leagues you go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

In that case you may be right. This doesn't happen as far as I'm aware and perhaps should on very, very rare occasions. Although saying that I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper in real life be stupid enough to do this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can, stupid sodding Jones at least we still beat the gulls 4-3!

Does it happen often enough IRL to warrant it being added in FM?

I'm not convinced - infact having thought about for ages i can barely think of a time when it has happened in any of the top leagues...

As to groundsman - it makes a big difference - just leave it on default if you don't like it, no sense moaning about it here.

LFC Lloyd - quite a few in the premier league? I can't remember seing one this decade....

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be realistic happening occasionally, it's just that it's a tricky thing to make happen rarely enough, and seing how the ME evolves, it would probably fluctuate from too few to too many between patches.

No, I haven't seen this. But what I have seen are back or midfielder passes it back under pressure into the middle of the pitch right in front of goal, no one on my team moves, and the opposing striker picks it up and scores a goal. Granted, I'm managing in the BSP, but that's a move I got miy kids to stop making back in U11.

Is it that a big a deal? Sure they should be in there but they happen so rarely IRL that it doesnt detract from the game. Also, I could just see it causing more problems.

on another subject. what does everyone think about this.

e.g. my left back plays the ******** pass in the world across his own box in the first minute, their striker intercepts and scores. i often find myself clicking on the player in frustration! what about being able to click on the player as described, but fm sees this as you, the manager, shouting at the player 'wake the **** up'! as sir alex once said to evra!

e.g. my left back plays the ******** pass in the world across his own box in the first minute, their striker intercepts and scores. i often find myself clicking on the player in frustration! what about being able to click on the player as described, but fm sees this as you, the manager, shouting at the player 'wake the **** up'! as sir alex once said to evra! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This actually isn't a bad idea. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Is it that a big a deal? Sure they should be in there but they happen so rarely IRL that it doesnt detract from the game. Also, I could just see it causing more problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...like the fact that it would happen every third game. icon_biggrin.gif

e.g. my left back plays the ******** pass in the world across his own box in the first minute, their striker intercepts and scores. i often find myself clicking on the player in frustration! what about being able to click on the player as described, but fm sees this as you, the manager, shouting at the player 'wake the **** up'! as sir alex once said to evra! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean, "clicking on the player"? I occasionally click on a player on the 2-D display to make sure who did what. I wasn't aware there was any game interpretation to that.

Things that i dislike are:

Goalkeepers never get sent off or carded, i never seen a keeper handball the ball out of the area or bring down a striker which is very bizarre as it is very common in football.

Strikers never go round the keeper and score, i never seen this.

When managing a smaller club and you play a big club the league position doesnt come into the equation, you can be top of the epl and the big club can be bottom of the league but everytime their strikers are clinical and your 5/6/7 star players become useless.

You can spend months and months chasing a player, putting in silly bids and then giving up. A few months later another club will put in a tiny bid and it will be accepted, you will put in a greater bid and that will be rejected. The player will then sign for the other club.

You can £200m in the bank but the board will only allow you to have 5 scouts at a cost £2.5k a week, it's so stupid it's unreal. icon_mad.gif

Archived