Good Things in FIFA Manager 09

Ok please dont just use this to slate the hell out of FIFA Manager 09, i know it has alot of haters, I have never played it but wanted to know if others have and if so what were the GOOD things about it which you think would be cool to have in Football Manager.

Please dont just reply with "Nothing, FIFA sucks FM rulez" type responses :) Wanted this thread help me gain an insight into the game and what (if anything) is good about it. I'm well aware of the negatives from various threads and posts :)

Nick

can i ask why you want to ask about fifa on an fm web site? if i say its great and another person say its crap. thats just difference of opinion, what do you get out of it?

its not as good as FM, allthought some of the graphics look alot better than fm, but thats cos EA Sports have the copyrights to the images etc.. which i hate them for.

I just wondered if there were people who had played it enough to know all the features in it and suggest that there was something in it which would benifit FM.

Or is it really that bad. I shall go and see if there is a demo tar

edit* just realised it not even out yet :x

I haven't played 09 but I played 08 plenty and probably the only things I would actually take from FIFAM into FM would be the following, and several of them are already going to be included in FM09 so looks like SI took note of this as well which is a good thing.

Media, although very repetitive it does offer more insight into other leagues/teams than FM08's media, but the 'whose birthday is this month' can happily be left out of the news section...quite often pre-game, post game, and other interviews will pop up which is a nice touch.

Match analysis, if the game was as challenging as FM then the match analysis tools are exceptional in FIFAM.

Player communications, if a player is a fringe player its easier to communicate with him about your plans so that he doesn't get upset about playing time, but if you break you promise then your team can lose trust in you.

Pre-season, you can choose where you want your team to train (Middle East, North Africa, Switzerland etc) each with their own benefits. I don't know how well this would fit into FM, but I did like it in FIFAM.

Youth Camps, you can choose to setup youth camps in different countries which will produce a pool of young players for you to choose from after its established.

U-XX Teams, you don't simply have your U18/19 etc team you have much younger players in U14 etc. I would love to see this in FM, as it is now young players just appear in your youth team randomly, would be nice to view, or get reports even if you can directly interact with them, on players that will soon be breaking into your youth side to decide if you should invest in bringing in other youngsters from elsewhere.

That's all I can think of at the moment, contract negotiations have more options but don't work very well, transfer system is a joke, results are consistently inconsistent and unrealistic, and most of the game is loosely held together by mickey mouse inspired business and manager life features.

I don't see whats wrong with discussing it, this forum section is filled with ideas on improving the game and what better way in improving it than stealing a few of the only good ideas from the closest competitors?

They both went different directions within the game genre but even SI must acknowledge they stumbled on a few good ideas which they've included in FM09. I'd much rather have this done than the series turn into some EA sports game which pumps out the same damn game year after year because no one can compete with them at all so they don't even try to improve the product.

Youth Camps, you can choose to setup youth camps in different countries which will produce a pool of young players for you to choose from after its established. QUOTE]

I like this idea as it does annoy me when my affiliated clubs in other countries don't produce any regrens that i can have a first option on and just are full of greys.

Youth Camps, you can choose to setup youth camps in different countries which will produce a pool of young players for you to choose from after its established. QUOTE]

I like this idea as it does annoy me when my affiliated clubs in other countries don't produce any regrens that i can have a first option on and just are full of greys.

Same here. However, being able to suggest a specific feeder club might remedy this problem.

The interface is a little better, the stats reporting is brilliant and the player interaction is good as well (things like media, going on holiday, buying yourself a car and stuff)..nothing majorly better but it makes tiny little differences. It's a shame the Fifa Manager engine is so ****ing dire as it could be a good game.

Archived